To see less ads Register or Login ----- Daily Fantasy Sports games 18+

OUT: Di María or Fabregas?

A Fantasy Football forum for news on fantasy football games run by the Premierleague (FPL).

Right now, which one would you drop?

Fabregas
40%
Di María
60%

Total votes: 40

Cliffard
FISOhead

OUT: Di María or Fabregas?

Post by Cliffard »

Need to make the call.

snakzz
Grumpy Old Man

Re: OUT: Di María or Fabregas?

Post by snakzz »

Where is none?

Mystery
FISO Knight
FS Record: 116th in TFF 05/06

Post by Mystery »

Ummmm. Nope. None of them. Try someone else.

The Real Slim Shady
Dumbledore
FS Record: 1,465th in FPL 05/06

Post by The Real Slim Shady »

Why don't you take out Hazard...

TOPCATDUSS
Treebeard

Post by TOPCATDUSS »

Where is the option for neither of them

Would help to know your reasoning behind dropping either of the highest scoring in form midfielders in the game?

Cliffard
FISOhead

Post by Cliffard »

To bring in Agüero, Pelle and Baines, whilst keeping Costa.

...Was the thought. I'll try and make it work with both. Thank you, you've been helpful. Perhaps.

Carlos Kickaball
Dumbledore

Post by Carlos Kickaball »

I think too many are worshipping the template, and others have mentioned you could get rid of one of these. Whatever team you pick, you're leaving out a few good players.

Di María isn't a must have, given his fixtures, and his price. You could leave out Fàbregas, though you'd probably want either him or Hazard.

Cliffard
FISOhead

Post by Cliffard »

TOPCATDUSS wrote:Where is the option for neither of them

Would help to know your reasoning behind dropping either of the highest scoring in form midfielders in the game?
Appreciate the interest. Would appreciate feedback in my RMT thread even more: post2598819.html#p2598819" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

bentapp
FISOhead

Post by bentapp »

Neither, drop Costa if his injury continues?

liquidfootball2
Dumbledore
FS Record: Best fpl finish 233 in 14/15

Post by liquidfootball2 »

Carlos Kickaball wrote:I think too many are worshipping the template, and others have mentioned you could get rid of one of these. Whatever team you pick, you're leaving out a few good players.

Di María isn't a must have, given his fixtures, and his price. You could leave out Fàbregas, though you'd probably want either him or Hazard.
There was an FFS article I posted here last week on the template mids and who is the most "droppable". From a purely stats point of view the article inferred it to be Fabregas. There are a load of caveats you could add but the result seemed to be a lot of FFSers took the advice and brought in Tadic, using the funds generated to promote a def to Baines.

It turned out spectacularly well for them last week and so the new template could soon include Tadic and Baines, although possibly Sterling and not Fabregas may be the victim. Always depends on whether you put form over fixtures or vice-versa.

Carlos Kickaball
Dumbledore

Post by Carlos Kickaball »

To be honest, I didn't think that article was much cop, and regardless of whom you brought in Fàbregas had a good week. The article in question was predicated on a misunderstanding of regression, or poor logic, which seemed to go along the line of he's over performing therefor he will under perform soon to make up for it, and took a lot of analysis to come to this conclusion.

I'm guessing you agree that Di María and Fàbregas are droppable though?

Mo Bot
Dumbledore
FS Record: Inaugural Last Man Standing. FISO Fantasy Eurovision champ 2012. World #1 in UFPL for a whole week

Post by Mo Bot »

If I had to choose one of them then Di Maria would go just because of fixtures.

baganboy
Comfortably Dumb(ledore)
FS Record: 2011/12 - 212. 2019/20 - 222.
Altogether 6 top 10Ks. 8 top 20Ks. 9 top 50Ks.

Post by baganboy »

liquidfootball2 wrote:
Carlos Kickaball wrote:I think too many are worshipping the template, and others have mentioned you could get rid of one of these. Whatever team you pick, you're leaving out a few good players.

There was an FFS article I posted here last week on the template mids and who is the most "droppable". From a purely stats point of view the article inferred it to be Fabregas. There are a load of caveats you could add but the result seemed to be a lot of FFSers took the advice and brought in Tadic, using the funds generated to promote a def to Baines.

It turned out spectacularly well for them last week and so the new template could soon include Tadic and Baines, although possibly Sterling and not Fabregas may be the victim. Always depends on whether you put form over fixtures or vice-versa.
Link? Link to your post here in FISO or the FFS post.

liquidfootball2
Dumbledore

baganboy wrote:
liquidfootball2 wrote:

Link? Link to your post here in FISO or the FFS post.
(Scroll to the top of this page for the article, here's the link again)

http://www.fantasyfootballscout.co.uk/2 ... nt_8504453" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
Carlos Kickaball wrote:To be honest, I didn't think that article was much cop, and regardless of whom you brought in Fàbregas had a good week. The article in question was predicated on a misunderstanding of regression, or poor logic, which seemed to go along the line of he's over performing therefor he will under perform soon to make up for it, and took a lot of analysis to come to this conclusion.

I'm guessing you agree that Di María and Fàbregas are droppable though?
Yep Carlos, I agreed with you that the article doesn't make too much sense and one of my main caveats was the faulty logic that was virtually saying if a player is doing exceptionally better than the norm then he's bound to revert to the norm.
liquidfootball2 wrote: It turned out spectacularly well for them last week and so the new template could soon include Tadic and Baines, although possibly Sterling and not Fabregas may be the victim. Always depends on whether you put form over fixtures or vice-versa.
This comment referred to the effect of the article and NOT really whether i agreed with it or whether it's logic was any good, it was however definitely topical all last week. (Tadic is not mentioned in the article but has been a long time favourite on FFS due to his favourable pitch maps and therefore a natural default replacement for Fab for many there). In fairness to the writer this was written before Fabregas' good score which illustrated just how faulty the logic could be, although those with Tadic and Baines wouldn't do too much complaining.

I agree all are droppable, We don't know how United will fare against the top teams; my feeling is that attacking-wise United will do well enough to warrant keeping ADM but I don't have any stats yet to back this up and they still have Palace before Arsenal who they generally have a good record against anyway.

Tadic has such a good four fixtures coming up compared to ADM that it's extremely tempting but i suspect ADM is someone you'll want back in gw13 and this could be a stumbling block for many.

Utd - CHE, city, CPL, ars - but then HULL, STO, saints so want him back gw13
Saints - STO , hull, LEI, villa - but then CITY, arse, MUN so probably sell him gw13

See how ADM goes tonight but i'm going more form over fixtures and considering Sterling to Tadic or Eriksen, Barkley could be another one to consider, as although he's just come back it's as with Baines the fixtures being good a long way ahead.

Keeping Sterling for Hull at home is an option but they have Madrid on Wednesday and i'm wary of Rodgers' thinking a big C1 cup match could be on the horizon and he needs a rest.

I've no plans to sell Fabregas as i don't think Utd or Liverpool's defences are up to much at all and and just can't see these fixtures as being particularly difficult for Chelsea. I'd more likely upgrade to Hazard if i was getting rid.

WARNING: I was completely wrong over not getting Baines in last week so ignoring this might be a better bet

MPTree
Grumpy Old Man

Post by MPTree »

"I play deeper now so it will not be a party every game for me. I will go five or six games without a goal or an assist at times and I am more proud about our discipline." - Cesc Fabregas.

Source: http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/live/football/29545422" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

RidleyMTB
Grumpy Old Man

Post by RidleyMTB »

MPTree wrote:"I play deeper now so it will not be a party every game for me. I will go five or six games without a goal or an assist at times and I am more proud about our discipline." - Cesc Fabregas.

Source: http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/live/football/29545422" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
Hasn't he been playing in that position all season in the league? If so, it doesn't seem to be impacting his points returns so far..

MPTree
Grumpy Old Man

Post by MPTree »

RidleyMTB wrote: Hasn't he been playing in that position all season in the league? If so, it doesn't seem to be impacting his points returns so far..
Depends on how you read "now" but to me it suggests that he knows he's scored/assisted regularly up until this point and he wouldn't be surprised if that dried up. It's a little unclear, granted, but it's a recent quote (from after the Palace game). Make of it what you will.

gallus
Grumpy Old Man

Post by gallus »

Hazard

liquidfootball2
Dumbledore

Yes i've noticed Fab's playing deeper and a lot of good players are still dropping him for Tadic.

The current FFS league and overall leader has Tadic, ADM, Siggy, Sterling with the usual Costa, Welbeck, Aguero trio up front and Baines as his premium defender.

Seems he may have followed the advice of the article, although he's been at the top of their league for a while now and could have been the trend setter rather than follower.

This quote certainly makes me think twice about him being untouchable as a few very good players are going that way.

Sterling was the only Liverpool forward who was anywhere near reasonable, although tbf Coutinho wasn't bad either, and with a nice fixture next up it might be worth giving him that one as he's still scoring good points. Balotelli just seems to be a massive problem to me and until they get rid of him it puts me off keeping any of their players.

Sterling to Tadic and then funds available to upgrade Fab to Hazard soon looks decent

Blue Fire
Grumpy Old Man

Post by Blue Fire »

AdM is Fabregas + an extra attacking threat. With Chelsea, City and Arsenal in the next 4 GWs, Fabregas might be a better option during that period. But in the long run, AdM is the better option than Fabregas.

shawpower
Grumpy Old Man

Post by shawpower »

RidleyMTB wrote:
MPTree wrote:"I play deeper now so it will not be a party every game for me. I will go five or six games without a goal or an assist at times and I am more proud about our discipline." - Cesc Fabregas.

Hasn't he been playing in that position all season in the league? If so, it doesn't seem to be impacting his points returns so far..
Don't think so. Not all season anyway. I was sure that Fabregas has been deployed further forward in plenty of games this year, as well as further back in others. Jose seems to be fluctuating his positioning a bit. I remember listening to Pat Nevin about him in one game earlier in the year (possibly Swansea) where he said Cesc was very deep in the first half. And pretty poor. But that in the second half, he was pushed forward by Jose and suddenly was like a different player.

If it's now the case where he's regularly being played deeper, then maybe he's an option to sell on. But if he still gets license to move forward in plenty of games (or during games) then no reason to think he can't keep his form going. I mean Toure was also deployed deeper last year at times, and it was when he was unleashed forward that he did his FPL damage (apart from the pens obviously).

liquidfootball2
Dumbledore

I think if you do decide to replace him its important not to mess with your team structure too much so that you have the same players in the same approx price ranges giving good flexibility. Switches to Sanchez, Hazard, Walcott, Eriksen, Tadic and Barkley may soon be contemplated for different current template mids. I think for instance Siggy could be up for replacement after Leicester if not sooner so keeping the balance could be important.

First Sub Podcast
Grumpy Old Man
FS Record: Twitter @TheFirstSub_FPL

Post by First Sub Podcast »

liquidfootball2 wrote:
Sterling to Tadic and then funds available to upgrade Fab to Hazard soon looks decent
How soon do you feel 'looks decent'?

My front 7 for this GW comprises of:

ADM Siggy Hazard Tadic

Aguero Pelle Welbeck

Finisher1
Dumbledore

Post by Finisher1 »

liquidfootball2 wrote: Sterling to Tadic and then funds available to upgrade Fab to Hazard soon looks decent
Isn't this a bit too risky? Sterling and Fabregas prices have raised a lot, which means if we sell them we can't buy them back easily.

tommygun25
Grumpy Old Man

Post by tommygun25 »

Finisher1 wrote:
liquidfootball2 wrote: Sterling to Tadic and then funds available to upgrade Fab to Hazard soon looks decent
Isn't this a bit too risky? Sterling and Fabregas prices have raised a lot, which means if we sell them we can't buy them back easily.
Looks like a sidewards move to me. I'd keep one of Sterling or Fabregas but getting Tadic in makes sense as he is a quality player with great fixtures.

liquidfootball2
Dumbledore

tommygun25 wrote:
Finisher1 wrote:
Looks like a sidewards move to me. I'd keep one of Sterling or Fabregas but getting Tadic in makes sense as he is a quality player with great fixtures.
I think i was just contemplating it at the time, nothing definite but being conscious of Chelsea's good home fixtures coming up and wary of Fabregas's quote about playing deeper, as watching him he is deeper but still coming up with the points.

I think Hazard could come good but if you have Fabregas then other issues will probably take priority because as tommygun25 says it can seem too sideways and not essential.

I'm really tempted by Tadic and Carlos and others have outlined why he's a good option. It's a case of who for and this has been well debated here and on other threads.

For me Sterling to Tadic releases cash and is in the same approx price range, Siggy to Tadic is better but you need to have the cash already. Eriksen is another realistic alternative but because it would disturb the structure too much and compromise future flexibility the ADM to Tadic downgrade is too much for me.

Di Maria i'm keeping but others are considering Sanchez, i would too if i had the money as it's easy to reverse.

So with the cash it looks like a straight swap of Siggy to Barkley next gw after the Swans have played Leicester. I'm also keeping an eye on gw13 as that's when Saints' fixtures really turn and if you load up on too many Saints players now you could be storing up trouble later. So for me the cash in the bank could finance a Clyne to Azpi move or similar along the line, just need a flexible escape plan.

mitchyg1980
FISOhead

Post by mitchyg1980 »

Overall, i think either. Valid points been made but comes down to fixtures versus position for me

I've got both and Costa, and also want Aguero but think that getting him into the team will likely come down to whether I want Costa or Aguero

I've found the ability to comfortably rotate (not as possible with 2 big strikers) has had a marked improvement on my usual scoring. Not hugely but average 2 transfers a week with a competitive bench has me in my highest position ever. Obviously no guarantees this carries on but will rinse it while it works

ronyb14
Treebeard

Post by ronyb14 »

ADM out for eriksen

liquidfootball2
Dumbledore

For anyone contemplating losing Fabregas, he could well rise tonight. Depending on whether it'll affect your selling price or not it may be better to wait until the price rise. (fpls table shows over 100% - the margin of error means not definite but likely)

sir_skillalot
Treebeard

Post by sir_skillalot »

I think too much is being looked into Fabregas playing deeper. His average position is pretty much exactly the same since the start of the season, I can't really see his scoring slowing down. That being said I voted for him just because I think AdM is as close to an "essential" midfielder as you're going to get at the moment. United's firepower can surely score against anyone and he's at the heart of everything they do. I have both and will be keeping both unless anything changes drastically.

View Latest: 1 Day View Your posts

Return to “Fantasy PremierLeague.com (FPL)”