To see less ads Register or Login ----- Daily Fantasy Sports games 18+

13/14 Season RMT for ctibbits...all advice welcome please

A forum for comment and discussion on Fantasy PremierLeague.com (FPL) Teams. Post your Rate My Team (RMT) messages here!
ctibbits
Dumbledore
FS Record: Won "The Bet" 2014/15

13/14 Season RMT for ctibbits...all advice welcome please

Post by ctibbits »

Well I cannot quite get the format correct for a screen shot so I will have to print it. Sorry it is not so visually appealing everyone. First draft is

GK Vorm
GK Mannone
DEF Ivanovic
DEF Baines
DEF Sagna
DEF Yanga-Mbiwa
DEF Shaw
MF Hazard
MF Coutinho
MF Michu
MF Puncheon
MF Colback (Admittedly I just need a 4.5 value here and have not researched much so am certain there is a better option)
FWD Lukaku
FWD Benteke
FWD Lambert

I realize that with Baines and Ivanovic there is a lot tied up in defence but I have committed to Baines and Ivanovic is there for the DGW with the thought of downgrading him and upgrading Puncheon and or a FWD in the near future. Please give me your thoughts.

blahblah
FISO Viscount
Location: .. he thinks that he knows something which he doesn't, whereas I am quite concious of my ignorance.

Re: 13/14 Season RMT for ctibbits...all advice welcome pleas

Post by blahblah »

I would get Cech in for the DGW, as he is the only one who I am confident will start both; and Lescott looks to be a certain starter for a few weeks as Nas is inuured.

ctibbits
Dumbledore

Post by ctibbits »

blahblah wrote:I would get Cech in for the DGW, as he is the only one who I am confident will start both; and Lescott looks to be a certain starter for a few weeks as Nas is inuured.
I have been working on a template with Cech but the additional 1 million cost makes it difficult to do.

bulgarche
FISOhead
FS Record: 192 038st season 2011/2012

Post by bulgarche »

Punchon will not be a starting player this season

blahblah
FISO Viscount
Location: .. he thinks that he knows something which he doesn't, whereas I am quite concious of my ignorance.

Post by blahblah »

ctibbits wrote:
blahblah wrote:I would get Cech in for the DGW, as he is the only one who I am confident will start both; and Lescott looks to be a certain starter for a few weeks as Nas is inuured.
I have been working on a template with Cech but the additional 1 million cost makes it difficult to do.
Then get him out for GW2\3?

Not sure whether to go for a double for GW3, or two singles myself...

ctibbits
Dumbledore

Post by ctibbits »

bulgarche wrote:Punchon will not be a starting player this season
Are you certain of this? Who will be in his place?

ctibbits
Dumbledore

Post by ctibbits »

blahblah wrote:
ctibbits wrote:
Then get him out for GW2\3?

Not sure whether to go for a double for GW3, or two singles myself...
Who has the DGW for W3?

blahblah
FISO Viscount

Post by blahblah »

No-one, but Chelsea and Villa do not play.

ctibbits
Dumbledore

Post by ctibbits »

Sorry I misunderstood what you were saying and was shocked to not know about a DGW.

blahblah
FISO Viscount

Post by blahblah »

Instead of trying to guess Jose's defence for the first two games, I am going for the safe bet, then hopping to the GK for the season. (Not that I have a clue who that is going to be, but Cech buys me some time....)

Similarly Lescott buys some time to decide on a sensibly priced defender.

ctibbits
Dumbledore

Post by ctibbits »

Team is slowly morphing and I am ready to stop tinkering pending any transfer or injury news affecting the selection. Going with the following at this point.

GK Mannone
GK Cech
DEF Yanga -Mbiwa
DEF Shaw
DEF Sagna
DEF Baines
DEF Kompany
MF Michu or Walcott
MF Hazard
MF Coutinho
MF Morrison (Ravel)
MF Mirralas
FWD Aspas
FWD Anelka
FWD Lukaku

Should take me to Week 3 with two free transfers and Lukaku transfer on the cards for certain. Not as top heavy as I would prefer but I am leary of rotation on any of the City players and no other big name forwards strike me as value rather than RVP (And I question the value for 14 mil). I was going with Benteke and am looking towards getting him in after the vacant week 3. I just don't expect more than 4 pts for him over the DGW so it seems pointless to force a transfer in Week 3 to be able to field 11.

Multiple Scorgasms
Grumpy Old Man

Post by Multiple Scorgasms »

ctibbits wrote:Team is slowly morphing and I am ready to stop tinkering pending any transfer or injury news affecting the selection. Going with the following at this point.

GK Mannone
GK Cech
DEF Yanga -Mbiwa
DEF Shaw
DEF Sagna
DEF Baines
DEF Kompany
MF Michu or Walcott
MF Hazard
MF Coutinho
MF Morrison (Ravel)
MF Mirralas
FWD Aspas
FWD Anelka
FWD Lukaku

Should take me to Week 3 with two free transfers and Lukaku transfer on the cards for certain. Not as top heavy as I would prefer but I am leary of rotation on any of the City players and no other big name forwards strike me as value rather than RVP (And I question the value for 14 mil). I was going with Benteke and am looking towards getting him in after the vacant week 3. I just don't expect more than 4 pts for him over the DGW so it seems pointless to force a transfer in Week 3 to be able to field 11.
If you don't want to do the short term of lescott for city def coverage, how about Zab? frees up .5 also for me Koscielny over Sagna. Maybe Ivan for Baines just for the DGW?

Le Red
Grumpy Old Man
FS Record: Will improve

Post by Le Red »

- Remove Cech and go for A. Cole if you want safety in a Chelsea defender. I've gone for Ivanovic, bit riskier, but scores more points.

- Remove Baines. Question mark about his potential this season.

- Sell Sagna and get Koscielny or Mertesacker. Same price and they can score goals.

- Not sure about Aspas. I'd prefer Wolfswinkel, Dzeko, or Lambert. Buy Soldado if you can afford him.

- Too much spent in defence in my opinion.

ctibbits
Dumbledore

Post by ctibbits »

Le Red wrote:- Remove Cech and go for A. Cole if you want safety in a Chelsea defender. I've gone for Ivanovic, bit riskier, but scores more points. Last season I got burne don a keeper rotation system as I kept choosing the right keeper (statistically) yet it cost me 50+ points. This season I decided to stick with one strong keeper and with Mourinho back I am banking that Chelsea will return to their defensive glory

- Remove Baines. Question mark about his potential this season. Why is there any question over his potential? He is consistently the top scoring defender and with Martinez playing a 3-5-2 he will be further forward even more.

- Sell Sagna and get Koscielny or Mertesacker. Same price and they can score goals. I completely disagree, look at Sagnas FPL points over the past 5 seasons. Then remember he was injured last season. He is consistently in the top 5

- Not sure about Aspas. I'd prefer Wolfswinkel, Dzeko, or Lambert. Buy Soldado if you can afford him. Admittedly a punt on him but after watching him in preseason I am sold on the talent. I will wait to see about RVW, Dzeko is not worth the rotation risk and Soldado is a potential switch for me after I move out Lukaku in short order.

- Too much spent in defence in my opinion. I can understand that thought and I have struggled with this. But with the opening fixtures the way they are I think I will come out better over the first 5 weeks with a back three of Kompany, Baines and Sagna combined with my MF than if I had some cheapies and invested the additional money elsewhere. I am sure that Kompany and/or Baines will make way for needed changes up top soon.
What I am concerned about now is my week 3 keeper. Was planning on Mannone but no sure thing he is the #1 at this point. Anyone else for 4.5 that is guaranteed and not facing a nightmare in week 3?

From4corners
FISO Jedi Knight

Post by From4corners »

How about Cardiff's Marshall? Everton at home.

I agree on your comments, especially regarding Baines. If any, there is potential for him to score more than previous seasons (if optimally they can keep clean sheets with their new-to-be-expected formation).

ctibbits
Dumbledore

Post by ctibbits »

After reviewing many RMT threads I have come down to two very different templates. Whatever I pick I am going to run the other one in a spreadsheet to see how it would've shaped up for me for the season anyway just to make me feel stupid as I will obviously choose wrong. However I wanted to get thoughts from those kind enough to share.

Option 1: Option 2:
GK Cech GK Mignolet
GK Marshall GK Marshall
DEF Yanga -Mbiwa DEF Ivanovic
DEF Brayford DEF Coleman
DEF Sagna DEF Sagna
DEF Baines DEF Brayford
DEF Kompany DEF Chester
MF Walcott MF Walcott
MF Hazard MF Hazard
MF Coutinho MF Mirralas
MF Morrison (Ravel) MF Snodgrass
MF Mirralas MF Jedinak
FWD Aspas FWD RVP
FWD Anelka FWD Anelka
FWD Lukaku FWD Lukaku

I have already discussed my choices for option one previously. But the second is a new thought I am having so feel free to tweak it and/or let me know which you prefer. Thanks in advance.

blahblah
FISO Viscount

Post by blahblah »

I currently have a mixture of the two ie Cech and RvP and £2.5m to upgrade a midfielder to a big one when I sell Cech.

My thinking is that I can pick a big gun to go with Hazard, and I suspect it could be Michu - but I don't fancy taking a punt on him from the start. (And there is a load of value at the 5-6m range of midfielders.)

ctibbits
Dumbledore

Post by ctibbits »

blahblah wrote:I currently have a mixture of the two ie Cech and RvP and £2.5m to upgrade a midfielder to a big one when I sell Cech.

My thinking is that I can pick a big gun to go with Hazard, and I suspect it could be Michu - but I don't fancy taking a punt on him from the start. (And there is a load of value at the 5-6m range of midfielders.)
Yeah I have things ran out to 8 weeks and if there are no injuries and no one shows up as a "must have" I am good to go. But of course when does a plan ever really come together in FPL :roll:

blahblah
FISO Viscount

Post by blahblah »

It doesn't which is why I am starting with RvP, and only have 2 Chelsea for the DGW, so hopefully it will be flexible for the first 6-7 GW's :?

I think that this is the point, and trying to avoid the early WC?

ctibbits
Dumbledore

Post by ctibbits »

Tired of tinkering, ready to be done and start the pre-party for tomorrow. Last two questions moving on:

1) Had brayford but after reading doubts about a sure place in the starting XI I am going with Chester. Are we sure he is a starter?

2) Thinking of Aspas for a huge differential and from what I have seen in preseason seems like a real talent. Am I foolish for not spending the .5 I have in the bank and going with Lambert instead?

blahblah
FISO Viscount

Post by blahblah »

Or compromise with Rodriguez (Sot)?

Ironfist
FISO Knight
FS Record: FPL 09/10 - 1824th

Post by Ironfist »

ctibbits wrote:Tired of tinkering, ready to be done and start the pre-party for tomorrow. Last two questions moving on:

1) Had brayford but after reading doubts about a sure place in the starting XI I am going with Chester. Are we sure he is a starter?
Yes.

2) Thinking of Aspas for a huge differential and from what I have seen in preseason seems like a real talent. Am I foolish for not spending the .5 I have in the bank and going with Lambert instead?
Don't go for Aspas. Not yet.

ctibbits
Dumbledore

Post by ctibbits »

Well 4 weeks in and 4 weeks in the Millionaires club :oops: :oops: . I have had a worse start to the season than before I knew how the game even worked a few years ago. Sitting at an astonishing rank of 2,045,704! Has been a perfect storm of people expected to perform not performing, starts during pre-season warming the bench, injuries and everything else in between. I made the decision not to use the WC at week two in order to make a late run if there is a week 33+ DGW like last season and am slowly getting the team into a shape I like. But of course any feedback is appreciated.

GK Cech
GK Marshall
DEF Baines (Transferring for Coleman Week 6 as need funds for RVP)
DEF Sagna
DEF Shaw (Transferring Shaw or Yanga-Mbiwa for Dawson Week 7)
DEF Yanga-Mbiwa (Transferring Shaw or Yanga-Mbiwa for Dawson Week 7)
DEF Chester
MF Walcott
MF Mirallas (Transferring Week 7 for someone????)
MF Barkely
MF Jarvis
MF Morrison (Ravel)
FWD Sturridge
FWD Lambert
FWD Dzeko (Transferring for RVP Week 6)

Any feedback would be appreciated. I will of course get Ravel Morrison out when I can but is small fish at the moment. Also moving Lambert or Sturridge for Giroud/Benteke depending on how Suarez affects the shape of Liverpool.

Joshua82
Grumpy Old Man
FS Record: Consecutive top 3k finishes in FPL (2013-2015)

Post by Joshua82 »

Hey fellow 5AS teammate :) That's a pretty harsh start to the season, ouch :o FPL can be a right pain sometimes when the luck isn't with you. :?

Your planned transfers look ok but personally I would be prioritising the transfers for the front 8 players, not the defence as that looks absolutely fine, so I would leave the Baines --> Coleman and also Shaw (who has good home fixtures after GW7). It looks as if 5 from your front 8 players are currently either not performing or are at risk of not starting (Mirallas, Morrison, Lambert, Dzeko and possibly Jarvis as WHU aren't scoring many). Obviously Lambert could come good at any point (but I feel there may be better options at the moment), and Mirallas has the potential (I agree with moving him out by GW7 esp as you already have Barkley and Baines), so I'd personally be trying to rejig your front 8 ASAP before defenders. In all honesty, I would put the RVP plans aside and be aiming for Suarez or Rooney as they have the potential to keep up with RVP, thus saving you precious transfer time from your planned Baines move and allowing you to shift non performing attackers sooner. There are currently some good in form mids and attackers (who you no doubt aware of) who I would be prioritising (some of whom have favourable fixtures) that you could snap up soon, like HBA, Michu, Eriksen, Rooney, Giroud and Benteke (as you have mentioned) etc who could get your season back on track.

Personally, I'd hit the Wildcard but that's just me (I did so last week which helped). I know you'd like to save it but just think it may get you firing and benefit you better long term. You have quite a bit of money tied up in your keepers too (e.g., looks as if Marshall has lost his place to Lewis and perhaps better value than Cech available) so with a bit of rejigging you could squeeze out some extra value in your back line by fitting in a Vidic/Zabaleta/Enrique whilst jumping on the performing mids/attackers and exercising your RVP plans.

Not sure I have been much help but good luck whatever you decide to do mate.

ctibbits
Dumbledore

Post by ctibbits »

Probably the best response I have ever received. I agree with most everything you say and have been thinking it over. I think I am going to take the points hit and revamp with the belief the wildcard will be worth it later.

Of course in a few hours I will wake up feeling terrible and cursing my drunk decisions from the night before.

Ironfist
FISO Knight
FS Record: FPL 09/10 - 1824th

Post by Ironfist »

Definitely what JoshYouAre82 said. :)

From4corners
FISO Jedi Knight

Post by From4corners »

Ha, can't disagree with that. Although I am pretty sure Marshall did not lose his place to Lewis as Marshall was/is injured.

I'd go Dzeko and Mirallas :arrow: Giroud and :?: :?:

Joshua82
Grumpy Old Man
FS Record: Consecutive top 3k finishes in FPL (2013-2015)

Post by Joshua82 »

From4corners wrote:Ha, can't disagree with that. Although I am pretty sure Marshall did not lose his place to Lewis as Marshall was/is injured.

I'd go Dzeko and Mirallas :arrow: Giroud and :?: :?:
Damn, perhaps that was me jumping the gun and being hopeful (being a Lewis owner :mrgreen:). Both Marshall and Lewis are ex Norwich players and I never really rated Marshall so perhaps I'm expecting (hoping) for the inevitable (him being dropped).

Can't argue with those transfers. Dzeko is especially a priority.

ctibbits - yeh may be worth you taking a points hit to get on track if you don't want to use the WC.

ctibbits
Dumbledore

Post by ctibbits »

Went ahead and took a hit for Lambert :arrow: Benteke. Captaining him so hopefully it is worth it, will continue the course next week for a 8pt hit and then will be set to run. My original goals for the season have no morphed into a prayer of a finish in the top 100,000 and contributing something to my 5AS team. Sorry for the performance thus far Josh.

ctibbits
Dumbledore

Post by ctibbits »

At what point do you just accept that you may be cursed :oops:

Spread the word, I'm getting RVP this week, everyone has been warned.

View Latest: 1 Day View Your posts

Return to “FPL Team Diaries & RMTs”