To see less ads Register or Login ----- Daily Fantasy Sports games 18+

FISO League

A forum for news and comment on The Times' Play The Game fantasy football game.

Which Draft Method?

Automated Draft
73%
Live On-line (MSN)
18%
Live Off-line (Pub ... probably London)
No votes
Split Live Draft / Automated
9%

Total votes: 11

Krispy
Grumpy Bald Man

FISO League

Post by Krispy »

We're still looking to recruit 4 managers for this season's PTG ... spread the word 8-)

I'm interested in conducting a Live Draft ... however the logistics appear increasingly challenging :roll:

First option, and the simplest, is to assemble a priority list and let PTG's computers do the work. It is worth considering that an element of preparation would also be necessary for a live draft :!: This can be done at any time before the deadline

Second option is for a live online draft. This will be conducted privately ... probably over msn. 1) We need everyone online at the same time, 2) everyone to stay online for the duration, 3) trust in me :shock: The live draft, once selected, will be input into PTG by the league chairman. I have no intentions to cheat or gain an unfair advantage ... but it is important that you are aware of the procedure.

Third option is slightly more ambitious, but closely mimics the live draft favoured by our cousins across the pond. Get everyone together in a pub for the evening and hammer out our lists in person. Rumours of this turning into some sort of elaborate drinking game are greatly exaggerated :roll: I'm based in Tunbridge Wells (Kent) and the only fair compromise would be meeting central London? This could prove challenging ...

Fourth option is to reflect time constraints. Until we put this into practise, we won't know how long a live draft will take. Selections could demand more deliberation than a game of chess! On the evening of the draft, each manager will submit their player priority list - either hosting online, or by email. We could, for example, select 10 players using the live draft format, and 10 using the submitted rankings? If a manager only lists 30 players, then any further selections will be made using PTG's published ranking. This is a somewhat complicated alternative and could be prone to user error ... unless someone is able to write a handy macro :?:

Please feel free to discuss ... and vote accordingly. Majority Rule :P

If a player is unable to make the live draft, then selections will be made on their behalf.

bigrusty
Kevin and Perry

Re: FISO League

Post by bigrusty »

think the best option for me would be to go for the automated pick because 1) i live up in manchester and dont think that i could make it in person 2) never got the hang of msm to be honest. if you chaps want to meet and do the pick thats fine with me and ill take who ever i get in the draft.hope this is ok with everyone else.tried to get on the website to register my team tonight but the website is unobtainable so will try later.

bigrusty
Kevin and Perry

Post by bigrusty »

im in now mate.my team is domboos dynamoes

Geordee
Kevin and Perry

Post by Geordee »

Automated option for me - chance of finding hours to put aside to do a live draw whilst appealing is not likely! Also after the automated option there's still a good chance to do some transfer dealings between us.

lucanjerry
Red & Blue Braces

Post by lucanjerry »

Voted Automated Draft, but not fussed if people want to do it live and I'll take what i get. I may or may not be available for the live one.

One possible suggestion is if automated to bring it forward a few days to allow more time for trading...

ted striker
Treebeard
FS Record: TFC Winner 2008, TFC FPT Winner 2008, TFC Runs Winner 2008 & 2010, TFC Wickets Winner 2007 & 2008

Post by ted striker »

Well my ideal choice would be a live draft, but I think this would only really work if everyone can do it. From the voting so far this does not appear to be the case, so I vote for the automated draft, and probably a week of frenzied dealing afterwards.

Papa Giddy
Dumbledore
FS Record: 3rd TFFO 07-08; 5th TFFO 06-07, Top scoring Eggcupper 07-08

Post by Papa Giddy »

Time is the key thing for me, but I like the idea of a draft and so perhaps we could sort something out on FISO rather than on MSM?

If we could only agree to hammer out 1 or 2 players a night then we would easily get it done and still have time to mull over the impact of who you have left from your list of wants?

Not our Donna
FISOhead

Post by Not our Donna »

Going to England for a live draft seems a bit over the top for me :D

I'd prefer the live online draft, altough when we first discussed it I was under the impression that the PTG site had some support for it. Now that we have to do it all by ourselves I realize that it will be a lot of work and I'm completely ok with the automated draw as well. I did however vote for a live draw.

Krispy
Grumpy Bald Man

Post by Krispy »

Ok ... we're edging ever closer to capacity 8-) 9 invites have been sent

Executive decision ... reverted back to automated draft. A live draft would only work if all members were committed to making it work. Automated draft also reduces the admin on my behalf ...

What are your thoughts on bringing the allocation date forward to allow more time for pre-season transfers? It's fair to say that communication is rarely instant and you could be waiting a couple of days for a response :roll: Hardly expedient when juggling offer and counter offer

It's currently set for Sunday 10th ... awaiting clarification on whether this happens over night etc. Potentially, we could bring this forward to next Friday to allow a full weekend of trading?

TradeMarc
Kevin and Perry
FS Record: 79th - OFL Champions League (07/08); 152nd - UCL Fantasy Football (07/08)

Post by TradeMarc »

Im happy with next Friday

Papa Giddy
Dumbledore
FS Record: 3rd TFFO 07-08; 5th TFFO 06-07, Top scoring Eggcupper 07-08

Post by Papa Giddy »

I'll be OK for Friday as well...

It's a shame that the live draft can't be arranged somehow, but I see the logistics of getting everyone together could have been a bit of a nightmare.

Geordee
Kevin and Perry

Post by Geordee »

Next Friday fine by me.

gary0808
Cheetah

Post by gary0808 »

Next Friday will be my birthday and then the day after I will be on holiday util the start of the season so may struggle to get access to the internet. Will this be ok

ted striker
Treebeard
FS Record: TFC Winner 2008, TFC FPT Winner 2008, TFC Runs Winner 2008 & 2010, TFC Wickets Winner 2007 & 2008

Post by ted striker »

I am happy with Friday too.

Wombles
Cheetah

Post by Wombles »

Is there still room in the league and who has the details?

Krispy
Grumpy Bald Man

Post by Krispy »

Wombles wrote:Is there still room in the league and who has the details?
Hi Wombles,

League is currently set to 10 but I don't think there will be too much objection if we stretch to 12?

Check your PMs 8-)

The automatic allocation will happen at 1-2am in the morning. Just so no-one is caught out, I will move the date to Saturday 9th Aug so that last minute updates to your player list can be made on Friday.

Krispy
Grumpy Bald Man

Post by Krispy »

Apologies for false hope ...
Once a league is setup, then the size and date cannot change.
--
Play The Game
:!: This also means that the allocation will happen over night Thursday >> Friday :!:

You have been warned :roll:

The only alternative would be to set up a new league with a new draft date and a new player limit :?

Edit:
This would also mean completely redrafting your player list :cry: (just received confirmation of this from PTG)

I'm sorry Wombles, but you missed the cut this year. Still time to create a second FISO league and drum up support ... Would encourage you to give PTG a go as it's an interesting alternative.

Conqueror Worm
Red & Blue Braces
FS Record: Virgin Media 2009 winner - 3rd place Ladbrokes Euro 2008 - 5th Ladbrokes 2009 2nd Metro 2009

Post by Conqueror Worm »

Do we have the resources to put together a 2nd league?

I'd like to join a league as well, but doesn't seem to be many others about :x

jaweathers
Treebeard

Post by jaweathers »

I'm up for joining another Mini League if there are others interested?

savvyboy
FISOhead

Post by savvyboy »

I'd be interested, need at least 5, think it can be done, maybe set up more than one league if possible

mcc28x
Cheetah

Post by mcc28x »

jaweathers wrote:I'm up for joining another Mini League if there are others interested?

Yep I'm intersted

Krispy
Grumpy Bald Man

Post by Krispy »

Best option lads is for one of you to take the initiative, set up a league, and pm the other guys interested:

Leasing Options
mcc28x
savvyboy
jaweathers
Conqueror Worm
Wombles

If you build it, they will come 8-)

Recommend you arrange the draft for mid week and then start the league from GW2. You will still have 38 plays per position so an extra tactical element trying to squeeze the most out of your starting 14 :idea:

View Latest: 1 Day View Your posts

Return to “Times' Play The Game (PTG)”