To see less ads Register or Login ----- Daily Fantasy Sports games 18+

Specious Theoretic Chatter (The free-for-all shared-RMT thread 19/20)

A forum for comment and discussion on Fantasy PremierLeague.com (FPL) Teams. Post your Rate My Team (RMT) messages here!
math!
Dumbledore
FS Record: Yes

Re: Specious Theoretic Chatter (The free-for-all shared-RMT thread 19/20)

Post by math! »

SG_8 wrote: 03 Nov 2019, 13:43
Smurphy's Paw wrote: 03 Nov 2019, 12:52 I felt a bit like that last week. Many of you were on 50 or so just from the Leicester game. I had zero and then 33 overall.
This week I bounced back. Turns out my differentials are not all bad, but I am currently on the rollercoaster ride of having last month’s template not this.
Hope you have the space to reflect and decide to reverse the decision, Mav. You’re valued in these parts, which would obviously continue with or without a team. But it’s better when you’re a part of it
So true. I felt the same when Mount who was supposed to be injured played out of nowhere and blocked Lundstram's 12 pointer. Felt so frustrated.
I missed out on those 12 points because Christensen was injured by his own teammate and Zouma who was my sub came on to replace him! I think Zouma got 1 point.

wahine
Grumpy Cat
FS Record: Your life does not get
better by chance, it gets
better by change. JR.
♀️

Post by wahine »

@ Maverick
I play this game for side enjoyment and I know i'm never going to win it, but I get a lot from joining the mini games and leagues on Fiso - and I love reading this thread.

My father was a stats guy, played the horses all his life, not as a punter but as an investor, if he could get a 10% return on his one carefully chosen bet a week the pride and satisfaction was there to see.
I've trained horses for many years and I know those many unforeseen things that can change the stats and turn a sure thing into a unlucky beaten favourite.
I can see how you stats geeks feel when bad luck upsets carefully laid out plans , you said a few pages you would play Lundstrum - he was a goal scorer - but would you play him over a City defender with an easy fixture?
Pep ruins so many well thought out teams there's nothing you can do stat wise to fore see it, if the game had gone differently Ota would still be in the stands.
I Hope you can enjoy the rest of the season and take some pride in a comeback through the ranks from your GW11 misfortune. :)

blahblah
FISO Viscount
Location: .. he thinks that he knows something which he doesn't, whereas I am quite concious of my ignorance.

Post by blahblah »

Smurphy's Paw wrote: 03 Nov 2019, 12:52 I felt a bit like that last week. Many of you were on 50 or so just from the Leicester game. I had zero and then 33 overall.
This week I bounced back. Turns out my differentials are not all bad, but I am currently on the rollercoaster ride of having last month’s template not this.
Bstrd, my Fox3 need more than a coupl of CS's to save this GW.
Smurphy's Paw wrote: 03 Nov 2019, 12:52 Hope you have the space to reflect and decide to reverse the decision, Mav. You’re valued in these parts, which would obviously continue with or without a team. But it’s better when you’re a part of it
Top kneejerking 8-) :lol: I feel the same everfy GW when I am out of the top 1k :evil: which is every GW

But yes, don;t be a bigger tart than me, I wouldn't live it down :lol:

On a serious point, it must be a nightmare with your expected points ideas as this season is very strange in so many ways.....

Sammy the Crab
Dumbledore

Post by Sammy the Crab »

Sorry to hear that Mav. Maybe a break for a season or two would be worthwhile. A couple of seasons ago I was allowing FPL to ruin my mood and taking time out has helped me big time.

Despite not taking it too seriously my team isn't doing that bad. My rank took a hit after the Leicester game as I only had Soyuncu but decent enough this week.

Pope, 4.0
Alexander-Arnold, Soyuncu, Tomori, Lundstram, Rico
Sterling, Mane, De Bruyne, Mount, Cantwell
Vardy, Abraham, Greenwood

1 transfer, £1.0m in the bank.

Cantwell hasn't worked out and it looks like he's dropping very soon. I would have 1.0 to replace him which would get me McGinn who I'm not thrilled about but is clearly a better option than Cantwell.

The other option is to take Cantwell's drop and maybe move out Sterling next week.

Any advice? Is there a better midfield option than McGinn that I've missed? I still have all chips to play.

blahblah
FISO Viscount
Location: .. he thinks that he knows something which he doesn't, whereas I am quite concious of my ignorance.

Post by blahblah »

It does seem that there isn't a template team etc this season....

FranckKessie
Grumpy Old Man

Post by FranckKessie »

Mav3rick wrote: 03 Nov 2019, 12:45 Yeah no hacking involved, I deleted the team myself yesterday.
Sad to hear. It is not like I cant understand. This game is decided by variance and due to the slow tempo it takes forever to reset. At the same time you can spend a lot of hours which often will lead to the question. Should I spend my hours differently? Thats for you to decide!

You are clearly a great asset for this community! GL.

Finisher1
Dumbledore

Post by Finisher1 »

Mav3rick wrote: 03 Nov 2019, 12:45 Yeah no hacking involved, I deleted the team myself yesterday. It sounds a bit OTT in isolation but the Otamendi/Lundstram thing just pushed me over the edge.

The team doesn't actually delete for 21 days so I have time to reflect and re-consider and can re-instate before then, but right now I'm happy being out of the game.
Close calls leading to unfairly big swings is a part of this game, it has always been. You are having a great season anyway, you are behind Hall of Fame number one Stemania only because he bought Abraham when you bought Haller. I hope you re-instate your team.

Pirlo's Beard
FISO Jedi Knight

Post by Pirlo's Beard »

I mean, unless it's the angry choice of deleting your FPL team, in which case you have 21 days to undo it. :mrgreen:

Sutter Kane
Dumbledore
FS Record: Unknown.

Post by Sutter Kane »

Finisher1 wrote: 03 Nov 2019, 16:50
Mav3rick wrote: 03 Nov 2019, 12:45 Yeah no hacking involved, I deleted the team myself yesterday. It sounds a bit OTT in isolation but the Otamendi/Lundstram thing just pushed me over the edge.

The team doesn't actually delete for 21 days so I have time to reflect and re-consider and can re-instate before then, but right now I'm happy being out of the game.
Close calls leading to unfairly big swings is a part of this game, it has always been. You are having a great season anyway, you are behind Hall of Fame number one Stemania only because he bought Abraham when you bought Haller. I hope you re-instate your team.
Yep exactly I concur with the above, Mav, you are having a decent season so far. Kick in the teeth recently for many of us is that lots of really top players are getting hauls off their bench at the exact time they need their bench to perform that particular week. (e.g. Mark Sutherns of FFScout had Lundstram 2nd sub this week and got him in because Cancelo and Mendy didn't feature). Everyone should get half points off their bench lol!!

Hope you reconsider but as the years go by, I find there are far more lows in FPL than highs, which can often make it a depressing drain most weekends, so don't blame you. If you can fill the expansive void left by FPL then I'd definitely leave. I don't think I could adequately do that. :oops:

blahblah
FISO Viscount

Post by blahblah »

Sutter Kane wrote: 03 Nov 2019, 18:41
Finisher1 wrote: 03 Nov 2019, 16:50

Yep exactly I concur with the above, Mav, you are having a decent season so far. Kick in the teeth recently for many of us is that lots of really top players are getting hauls off their bench at the exact time they need their bench to perform that particular week. (e.g. Mark Sutherns of FFScout had Lundstram 2nd sub this week and got him in because Cancelo and Mendy didn't feature). Everyone should get half points off their bench lol!!

Hope you reconsider but as the years go by, I find there are far more lows in FPL than highs, which can often make it a depressing drain most weekends, so don't blame you. If you can fill the expansive void left by FPL then I'd definitely leave. I don't think I could adequately do that. :oops:
This is meant \s a compliment, not an insult... I used to be good at this stuff, now I am happy for a second half closing the gap on AR and stuff, I think I have 3 GW's over 50 this season which is SHITE, But hey ho 20 from the Fox 3 has me on 49 this GW

I just chill and be flippant, but then I am not a stats bod....

Pirlo's Beard
FISO Jedi Knight

Post by Pirlo's Beard »

Sutter Kane wrote: 03 Nov 2019, 18:41 If you can fill the expansive void left by FPL then I'd definitely leave. I don't think I could adequately do that. :oops:
A damning indictment of everything else life has to offer. :lol:

blahblah
FISO Viscount

Post by blahblah »

Pirlo's Beard wrote: 03 Nov 2019, 18:47
Sutter Kane wrote: 03 Nov 2019, 18:41 If you can fill the expansive void left by FPL then I'd definitely leave. I don't think I could adequately do that. :oops:
A damning indictment of everything else life has to offer. :lol:
Congrats on topping your Mrs Robinson thang 8-)

SirMattBugsby
Dumbledore
FS Record: TCed Kun for that Newcastle game. Nothing since..

Post by SirMattBugsby »

Gomes injury brings things into perspective. Here we are, fussing about fantasy teams we are addicted too. An international level footballer gets a what could be career-ending injury and we discuss whether the -3 on his tackler can be overturned..

Yes, the game is cruel, but it's more cruel if we let it get to us. I'm sure most of us would tell Andre Gomes not to give up, and that if he doesn't make it, there's more to life than football. Maybe that's what we should tell ourselves once in a while as well?

A really, really good movie (hopefully with a lady I can laugh with) does the trick for me.

Pirlo's Beard
FISO Jedi Knight

Post by Pirlo's Beard »

SirMattBugsby wrote: 03 Nov 2019, 18:54 A really, really good movie (hopefully with a lady I can laugh with) does the trick for me.
Beginners is a lovely one.

blahblah
FISO Viscount

Post by blahblah »

SirMattBugsby wrote: 03 Nov 2019, 18:54 A really, really good movie (hopefully with a lady I can laugh with) does the trick for me.
Try Girl on a Bridge :wink:

blahblah
FISO Viscount

Post by blahblah »

As if I can be assed to ddig out a link ... and seriously Ewan?

Pirlo's Beard
FISO Jedi Knight

Post by Pirlo's Beard »

blahblah wrote: 03 Nov 2019, 19:02 As if I can be assed to ddig out a link ... and seriously Ewan?
Mélanie Laurent is in it. You'd like her...

blahblah
FISO Viscount

Post by blahblah »

I prefer Vanessa Paradis :wink:

Pirlo's Beard
FISO Jedi Knight

Post by Pirlo's Beard »

Let's not fight over French actresses.

blahblah
FISO Viscount

Post by blahblah »

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WXnR7iZy0ZM

And is hotter as she got older...

Pirlo's Beard
FISO Jedi Knight

Post by Pirlo's Beard »

I've said it before and I'll say it again. If I want to hear a song called Be My Baby I'll listen to the real thing... :wink:

blahblah
FISO Viscount

Post by blahblah »

Pirlo's Beard wrote: 03 Nov 2019, 19:16
I've said it before and I'll say it again. If I want to hear a song called Be My Baby I'll listen to the real thing... :wink:

I'm not falling out. She is still hot at whatever age, mais Mlle Paradis est...

SirMattBugsby
Dumbledore

Post by SirMattBugsby »

Pirlo's Beard wrote:
blahblah wrote: 03 Nov 2019, 19:02 As if I can be assed to ddig out a link ... and seriously Ewan?
Mélanie Laurent is in it. You'd like her...

Yup, I think I'd be brainwashed by one direct gaze from those eyes Image

blahblah
FISO Viscount

Post by blahblah »

PB will post a straight on pic.... :wink:

Pirlo's Beard
FISO Jedi Knight

Post by Pirlo's Beard »

blahblah
FISO Viscount

Post by blahblah »

SirMattBugsby
Dumbledore

Post by SirMattBugsby »

Pirlo's Beard wrote:Image
ImageImage Would send this to Andre Gomes if I could.

So, coming back.. what do we think of Liverpool-Man City? City need to win, Pool at home, both little loose at the back. Not a 0-0 surely?

Zimmerman
FISO Jedi Knight

Post by Zimmerman »

Liverpool at home on Tuesday
City away in Italy on Wednesday

Sure Pep will have a view on it.

0-0 turgid affair is my bet.

SirMattBugsby
Dumbledore

Post by SirMattBugsby »

Zimmerman wrote:Liverpool at home on Tuesday
City away in Italy on Wednesday

Sure Pep will have a view on it.

0-0 turgid affair is my bet.
I'd go with 1-1, maybe 2-1 one way or another. City are playing well, but not clinical at either end. Pool not playing so well, but doing the job.

Have 5 players, will probably play 4 and bench/sell Walker.

Zimmerman
FISO Jedi Knight

Post by Zimmerman »

P11 W10 D1 L0 F25 A9

Can’t wait for them to find their rhythm

View Latest: 1 Day View Your posts

Return to “FPL Team Diaries & RMTs”