To see less ads Register or Login ----- Daily Fantasy Sports games 18+

Raoul's RMT

A forum for comment and discussion on Fantasy PremierLeague.com (FPL) Teams. Post your Rate My Team (RMT) messages here!
raoul
Dumbledore
FS Record: Tied for OR 1st worldwide in FPL in GW5 in 21/22 (only to then finish 1m), and ranked 1st in TFF late in season 21/22 (eventual finish 95th). Won an old game called Football Fantastic. Best Fanteam finish 117th and cashed £150. Best FPL finish 2.4K.

Re: Raoul's RMT

Post by raoul »

Mulling.

Ederson
VVD, Digne, Soyuncu, Lundstram, Lowton
Salah, Sterling, KdB, Mount, McGinn
Abraham, Pukki, Greenwood

In GW9, I plan to move Salah and Greenwood out, and bring in either Vardy or Auba. Bit of a toss up, as both have great runs coming. Vardy might win based purely on being cheaper. Salah will return from GW13, probably for Sterling, with Sterling returing once Vardy/Auba fixture run ends.

The question is what to do this week, as I have 2 FT. I need both next week so in essence I have one transfer, use it or lose it. I have 0.5m itb which I do not really need for the Salah double transfer next week, so if necessary could use some of it this week.

Candidates to leave? Digne is the only one who stands out but then he has a handful of decent fixtures coming, and surely Everton will reverse their woes soon? Problem is that Digne's value is partly in forward play, and Everton aren't scoring. So even with decent fixtures, he is worth a change perhaps.

So. Who comes in? I would happily take a second Leicester defender but this week is perhaps not the week given their fixture. However good the Arsenal and Chelsea fixtures coming, I find it hard to justify one of their defenders as they ship so many goals. Palace are always pretty tight at the back so maybe that is the place to go, saving some money in the process. Or go to a base price defender and hoard more cash itb?

If not Digne, perhaps an upgrade? VVD to Robertson? I don't really want to let VVD go tbh, but perhaps this is a sensible move.

If need be I can just let a FT go, but if there is something useful I can do then why not do it.

raoul
Dumbledore
FS Record: Tied for OR 1st worldwide in FPL in GW5 in 21/22 (only to then finish 1m), and ranked 1st in TFF late in season 21/22 (eventual finish 95th). Won an old game called Football Fantastic. Best Fanteam finish 117th and cashed £150. Best FPL finish 2.4K.

Post by raoul »

Option A: KdB + Greenwood :arrow: Jorginho + Vardy

Option B: KdB + Greenwood + Digne :arrow: Saka + Auba + Evans (-4)

Option C: Digne :arrow: Ricardo Pereira (then next week Salah + Greenwood :arrow: Jorginho + Auba)

Note, I have 7 playing forwards so whichever mid comes in will generally be Sub 1 (who may play when Pukki is away).

Thoughts good people?

Sutter Kane
Dumbledore
FS Record: Unknown.

Post by Sutter Kane »

raoul wrote: 03 Oct 2019, 12:25 Note, I have 7 playing forwards so whichever mid comes in will generally be Sub 1 (who may play when Pukki is away).
In that case, I'd go cheap. Saka seems good but I think I'd still plump for the cheaper Dendoncker, unless you think Saka will retain his place. I can't see that happening but that's your call. What I would say is, make sure you have a plan to get KDB back.

Of all the options I prefer C because you get to keep De Bruyne and also with 2 frees next week, you can adjust to int break stuff (or just generally might change your mind on something)- this game changes very quickly so having 2 frees is very useful. As a part of option C, I'd also consider Soyuncu instead of Pereira - those extra 1.4mn funds could come in useful for anything?

raoul
Dumbledore

Post by raoul »

Sutter Kane wrote: 03 Oct 2019, 13:42
raoul wrote: 03 Oct 2019, 12:25 Note, I have 7 playing forwards so whichever mid comes in will generally be Sub 1 (who may play when Pukki is away).
In that case, I'd go cheap. Saka seems good but I think I'd still plump for the cheaper Dendoncker, unless you think Saka will retain his place. I can't see that happening but that's your call. What I would say is, make sure you have a plan to get KDB back.

Of all the options I prefer C because you get to keep De Bruyne and also with 2 frees next week, you can adjust to int break stuff (or just generally might change your mind on something)- this game changes very quickly so having 2 frees is very useful. As a part of option C, I'd also consider Soyuncu instead of Pereira - those extra 1.4mn funds could come in useful for anything?
Already have Soyuncu. Brought in last week.

Do I take it from that that you also see Auba as a significantly better option than Vardy?

Regarding KdB, if he were to leave it is purely to allow Auba or Vardy immediately and therefore have more playing options this week. If KdB goes instead of Salah, it just means that Salah will become KdB as soon as KdB is back (with Salah then replacing Sterling from GW13). So yes, there is a plan...

raoul
Dumbledore

Post by raoul »

and yes I agree re IB and having 2 FT afterwards. Very wise.

I think I am leaning towards C myself. If I could have Ricardo instead of Evans in B then I might well take the hit and do it, but I can't so...

Sutter Kane
Dumbledore
FS Record: Unknown.

Post by Sutter Kane »

Yeah I think Auba is better than Vardy until Laca returns but I don't know when that is. C is the safest option and allows more flexibility in GW9. You would be hoping KDB is back after the int break though. Option A gets Vardy now, at Liverpool so I don't like that.

I do take your point however, that if you did ditch KDB now, Salah to KDB sounds logical later and would free up nearly 3mn. Though you'd want Salah back I assume?

raoul
Dumbledore

Post by raoul »

Sutter Kane wrote: 03 Oct 2019, 15:45 Yeah I think Auba is better than Vardy until Laca returns but I don't know when that is. C is the safest option and allows more flexibility in GW9. You would be hoping KDB is back after the int break though. Option A gets Vardy now, at Liverpool so I don't like that.

I do take your point however, that if you did ditch KDB now, Salah to KDB sounds logical later and would free up nearly 3mn. Though you'd want Salah back I assume?
I want Salah from GW13 definitely, possibly GW12 given Liverpool are at home. Probably Sterling to Salah when the need arises.

Really unsure what to do right now. Digne is doing ok overall, but Pereira looks more likely to get CS as well as having attacking capabilities (with forwards who actually score goals if he gives it to them...). I think Digne has to go.
-

blahblah
FISO Viscount
Location: .. he thinks that he knows something which he doesn't, whereas I am quite concious of my ignorance.

Post by blahblah »

This Salah idea is only feasible without taking hits now, and having 2 FT's in the next few GW's?

Im looking at Leicester to replace Fabianski if that helps.

raoul
Dumbledore

Post by raoul »

blahblah wrote: 04 Oct 2019, 18:57 This Salah idea is only feasible without taking hits now, and having 2 FT's in the next few GW's?

Im looking at Leicester to replace Fabianski if that helps.
I have 2 FT now. My issue is that this week I have 4 outfielders I would prefer to bench if possible, and given I will lose one of those transfers if I do not use it, seems wise to get someone in and have 11 players on the field I am semi-confident in.

The 4 I want to bench this week are:

- Greenwood (too cheap for me to be able to replace with a starter)
- Soyuncu (purely because of fixture, do not want to sell him at all)
- KdB
- Digne (because Everton are not good anywhere, but especially away, and however much he attacks there is nobody willing/able to score from his assists)

Digne seems the obvious candidate given I had KdB since the start and have value tied up in him. If I could afford a Liverpool full back then discussion closed. But I can't. And I already have 3 MC. The only other defences that inspire me a bit are Leicester (but bad fixture this week) and Palace (also bad fixture this week). I would probably bring in Pereira and then have to play him, which seems a bit odd given I am planning to captain Salah against him.

If I use 2 FT this week, KdB + Greenwood :arrow: Jorginho/Yarmalenko + Vardy looks nice. I think Auba is out of reach for now (and with laca back some time soon I think maybe Auba will be sharing the goals soon, unlike Vardy).

Then next week Salah to KdB, and in GW12 or GW13 Sterling becomes Salah.

Transfers seem to allow the above easily enough. Feels wrong to sell KdB for 9.7 then buy him back for 10 (maybe 9.9 if I get lucky, since he looks about to drop).

At work today and have very small window to get this done, so might have to just do it I think.

Whatever "it" actually is...

raoul
Dumbledore

Post by raoul »

oh yeah, forgot the other option.

KdB :arrow: Son

Sorts me out with a playable team this week. Next week Salah to Vardy/Auba, maybe Son stays and I miss KdB for another week.

Hmmm.

Aldershot Rejects
Dumbledore
FS Record: 5th Metro (2010-11); 146 - Sky (2015-16); 218 - Sky (2014-15); 386 - Sky (2020-21); 636 - FPL (2017-18); last 16 Sky Cup (2018-19)

Post by Aldershot Rejects »

FFS predicted team has Son benched. I'm not saying that will happen, just that there is a chance of it happening. If you are happy with the risk go for it.

I downgraded Salah this week to get Auba in, but I was very close to losing KDB instead and then bringing him back in for Salah next week or the week after. I've had KDB since the start so I would have taken a financial hit, although a couple of price drops would have largely covered that (although I suspect there is a decent chance that he'll do a Martial and not drop at all). The main reason I didn't do it is that it messed up my subsequent strategy. It was very marginal though.

raoul
Dumbledore

Post by raoul »

Aldershot Rejects wrote: 05 Oct 2019, 09:38 FFS predicted team has Son benched. I'm not saying that will happen, just that there is a chance of it happening. If you are happy with the risk go for it.

I downgraded Salah this week to get Auba in, but I was very close to losing KDB instead and then bringing him back in for Salah next week or the week after. I've had KDB since the start so I would have taken a financial hit, although a couple of price drops would have largely covered that (although I suspect there is a decent chance that he'll do a Martial and not drop at all). The main reason I didn't do it is that it messed up my subsequent strategy. It was very marginal though.
very marginal here as well. FPLStatistics has KdB over 100 and therefore dropping tonight I think, and I am still not totally sure Son in for KdB is great for my subsequent strategy, but with the deadline looming and a marginal preference for keeping 2 FT until after the IB, I brought Son in. KdB will be coming straight back in, but I will probably wait until further injury news is confirmed, which runs the risk that any price fall this weekend reverses him back up.

Fingers crossed Son plays...

raoul
Dumbledore

Post by raoul »

KdB is at -228 on FPLStatistics :shock:

raoul
Dumbledore

Post by raoul »

well, Son is "playing", although that might not be the correct term for anything Spurs are currently doing.

Hoping he stays on for the second half and Poch puts some fire in their bellies, or this could turn out to be a very poor transfer indeed.

Stu255
Grumpy Old Man

Post by Stu255 »

raoul wrote: 05 Oct 2019, 13:33 Hoping he stays on for the second half and Poch puts some fire in their bellies, or this could turn out to be a very poor transfer indeed.
:|

raoul
Dumbledore

Post by raoul »

413k overall.

Salah + Greenwood became Maddison + Vardy.

I now have 8 playing forwards which is perhaps not ideal, and I am not keen on Pukki on the bench, but who else sits this week?

I also need to work out whether to get rid of one of my front 8 or leave things be.

Ederson (Button)
VVD, Digne, Soyuncu, (Lundstram, Lowton)
Sterling, KdB, Mount, McGinn, Maddison
Abraham, Vardy (Pukki)

Smurphy Paw
FISO Knight
FS Record: Mediocre, apparently
13/14: FPL 1792; FIFA 14 Top 700.
17/18: FPL 696th; loads of mini-League wins and side game promotions
18/19 1FC Köln 5AS Champions
#1 Spring Super League regular season 19/20 & 20/21

Post by Smurphy Paw »

Oh, how Pukki’s star has faded!

raoul
Dumbledore

Post by raoul »

Not at all.

With MC having a tough away game the brave me wants to play Pukki and bench Sterling.

raoul
Dumbledore

Post by raoul »

But...

raoul
Dumbledore

Post by raoul »

10 WEEKS IN...

75 pts in GW10, thanks to the Leicester triple-up actually working. Highest placing of my season at 121k.

Shame that:

- Soyuncu was on my bench
- KdB lost a goal
- Digne lost an assist and then scored an og

But cannot complain:

Ederson (Button)
VVD, Digne, Soyuncu, Lundstram, Lowton
Abraham, Vardy, Pukki

I have 1 FT and 0.8m in the bank.

Digne and Pukki are both looking at risk so...

- Digne :arrow: Alonso (whose points are impressive given he has only played for 6 weeks ... but is his place safe?)

- Pukki :arrow: Connolly and save more funds (I do not need 8 playing forwards)?

- Digne + Pukki :arrow: Alonso/TAA/Robertson + Connolly?

Even tempted to downgrade both of them to Baldock + Connolly and have 4.5m itb (which then allows Liverpool upgrades from GW13).

Anyone any thoughts?

raoul
Dumbledore

Post by raoul »

Around 146k, and feeling like my squad needs a refresh. No WC and only 1FT, so the question is how much of a refresh it needs.

Henderson, Button
VVD, Robertson, Soyuncu, Lowton, Lundstram
Abraham, Vardy, Pukki

The most obvious issue (to me at least) is that I have 13 playing outfielders, and in particular have 8 playing forwards with a minimum value of 5.7m.

I also want Martial, have no Liverpool forwards, and my keeper is about to have a week off.

Tempted to play with no GK rather than take a hit for the sake of 1 week.

So ... do nothing and get 2 FT and wait for the IB to finish?

Or is emergency surgery needed now?

Ironfist
FISO Knight
FS Record: FPL 09/10 - 1824th

Post by Ironfist »

Emergency surgery is not needed, but taking hits isn't such a bad thing.

VVD, Sterling, Mount & Pukki need to go.
Lots of other options.
I would have probably released funds tied up in Sterling first, plus one other...
Mane is a must have.
And so forth...

raoul
Dumbledore

Post by raoul »

Ironfist wrote: 11 Nov 2019, 12:01 Emergency surgery is not needed, but taking hits isn't such a bad thing.

Lots of other options.
I would have probably released funds tied up in Sterling first, plus one other...
Mane is a must have.
And so forth...
thanks for that. Am toying with:

VVD :arrow: TAA
Sterling :arrow: Mane
McGinn :arrow: Martial
Pukki :arrow: Greenwood

for a -12, which hurts a bit (although I note last week's leader did a -12 this week, so I feel like I am in esteemed company)

raoul
Dumbledore

Post by raoul »

question is whether to wait until after the IB when prices may have changed a bot or just go for it now. Could turn into a very expensive window if injuries occur...

Ironfist
FISO Knight
FS Record: FPL 09/10 - 1824th

Post by Ironfist »

raoul wrote: 11 Nov 2019, 13:23
Ironfist wrote: 11 Nov 2019, 12:01 Emergency surgery is not needed, but taking hits isn't such a bad thing.

Lots of other options.
Mane is a must have.
And so forth...

for a -12, which hurts a bit (although I note last week's leader did a -12 this week, so I feel like I am in esteemed company)
Taking hits is not committing rank suicide!
a -12 hit is huge and unnecessary.
The VVD :arrow: TAA can wait.
Greenwood is not a good option even as a bench warmer.
McGinn I'd leave alone.
Why not start with Sterling & Mount :arrow: Mane & Martial

raoul
Dumbledore

Post by raoul »

Ironfist wrote: 11 Nov 2019, 13:26
raoul wrote: 11 Nov 2019, 13:23

Lots of other options.
Mane is a must have.
And so forth...

Taking hits is not committing rank suicide!
a -12 hit is huge and unnecessary.
The VVD :arrow: TAA can wait.
Greenwood is not a good option even as a bench warmer.
McGinn I'd leave alone.
Why not start with Sterling & Mount :arrow: Mane & Martial
that had been my original thought but I am a bit short.

Why not Greenwood? Do you foresee his price falling further? I am just aiming for cheap.

raoul
Dumbledore

Post by raoul »

Henderson, (Button)
TAA, Robertson, Soyuncu, Lowton, Lundstram
Mane, KdB, Mount, McGinn, Maddison
Abraham, Vardy, Pukki

Decided on VVD :arrow: TAA and Sterling :arrow: Mane for a -4.

Now, am I allowed to put Pukki in goal for 1 week?

SirMattBugsby
Dumbledore
FS Record: TCed Kun for that Newcastle game. Nothing since..

Post by SirMattBugsby »

How did our famed premium rotation go Raoul? I'm afraid I lost track at some point..

You seem to have 8 playing attackers. Will you start Pukki over Mount (mci)?

raoul
Dumbledore

Post by raoul »

SirMattBugsby wrote: 12 Nov 2019, 15:52 How did our famed premium rotation go Raoul? I'm afraid I lost track at some point..

You seem to have 8 playing attackers. Will you start Pukki over Mount (mci)?
the rotation went spectacularly nowhere. Gave it up fairly quickly. Was going to bring salah in now for Sterling but the injury concern made me go for Mane instead.

My plan would have left the Salah/Sterling rotation spot in the team with 65pts. Keeping either Salah or Sterling would have scored more than this, and saved transfers.

The interesting tweak is that Salah has scored 53 pts at home and only 19 away including a home average of 10 pts per game against fellow big 6 clubs. He seems to be home boy, rather than bottom 12 boy this season. So far at least. Obviously switching him out after every home game is not viable, so yes my theory has failed.

Miserably.

Stu255
Grumpy Old Man

Post by Stu255 »

raoul wrote: 17 Oct 2019, 13:28 413k overall.

Salah + Greenwood became Maddison + Vardy.

I now have 8 playing forwards which is perhaps not ideal, and I am not keen on Pukki on the bench, but who else sits this week?

I also need to work out whether to get rid of one of my front 8 or leave things be.

Ederson (Button)
VVD, Digne, Soyuncu, (Lundstram, Lowton)
Abraham, Vardy (Pukki)
Very similar to my team except I have TAA, Robertson and Pereira instead of having money stranded in McGinn and Pukki.

What is your TV? I’m about 103.4 with 0.4itb.

View Latest: 1 Day View Your posts

Return to “FPL Team Diaries & RMTs”