To see less ads Register or Login ----- Daily Fantasy Sports games 18+

Rotating key Liverpool/Man City assets, post over-haul

A forum for news and discussion on SkySports Fantasy Football. Both Football365 and TeamTalk used to feed into this game.
OIEIAO
FISOhead

Rotating key Liverpool/Man City assets, post over-haul

Post by OIEIAO »

Post overhaul last season's top two have the following fixtures

14/9 Liverpool v Newcastle
14/9 Norwich v Man City
21/9 Man City v Watford
22/9 Chelsea v Liverpool
28/9 Sheff U v Liverpool

29/9 Everton v Man City
5/10 Liverpool v Leicester
6/10 Man City v Wolves (slated for 5/10 but will move if Wolves qualify for the Europa league)
19/10 Man U v Liverpool
20/10 Crystal Palace v Man City
(26/10 Man City v Villa and 27/10 Liverpool v Spurs for completeness)

My observation on this is that it's possible to cover seven of the next ten fixtures in a player slot, with only two transfers: take the City player in the overhaul, switch to Liverpool on 22/9 and then switch back to City on 5/10. This also means you get three Liverpool games in a 14 day period where City only play Everton away (not the easiest fixture) and you are back to 2 Man City games whilst Liverpool play Man U away (likewise).

Is this blindingly obvious / overly aggressive / somewhere in between? Could it even be worth doubling or tripling on this move by taking Aguero and Sterling and swapping to Salah/Mane and back? Are these fixture patterns exploitable all season or is this a particularly good one?

I am new to the Sky game so getting to grips with maximising the potential of splitting the gameweeks by timing transfers. It strikes me though that you should be flip-flopping the top players based on fixtures...and not the mid priced players.

itslikebrandnew
Grumpy Old Man
FS Record: ?

Re: Rotating key Liverpool/Man City assets, post over-haul

Post by itslikebrandnew »

I don't like it.......not for players that are capable of getting hat-tricks. I'm not sure you can leave one of the best players in the game out on an "easy" fixture.

For example if on the 14th you have Aguero and not Salah you've a massive problem if you captain Aguero and he doesn't start and everyone else goes with Salah who's in the early kick off and they can guarantee he starts.

Cars and Mané
Red & Blue Braces
FS Record: Sky Fantasy Football Winner 2017/18

Post by Cars and Mané »

Could work out pretty well. Missing Salah at home to Newcastle would be scary.

I'd say the three for one with Liverpool players over City looks good though. Those things come along fairly often and are the things you should be looking out for.

CBN
Dumbledore
FS Record: Three top ten seasonal finishes in the last five years; three Weekender wins; and three times Big Balls champion!

Post by CBN »

OIEIAO wrote: 29 Aug 2019, 12:36 Post overhaul last season's top two have the following fixtures

14/9 Liverpool v Newcastle
14/9 Norwich v Man City
21/9 Man City v Watford
22/9 Chelsea v Liverpool
28/9 Sheff U v Liverpool

29/9 Everton v Man City
5/10 Liverpool v Leicester
6/10 Man City v Wolves (slated for 5/10 but will move if Wolves qualify for the Europa league)
19/10 Man U v Liverpool
20/10 Crystal Palace v Man City
(26/10 Man City v Villa and 27/10 Liverpool v Spurs for completeness)

My observation on this is that it's possible to cover seven of the next ten fixtures in a player slot, with only two transfers: take the City player in the overhaul, switch to Liverpool on 22/9 and then switch back to City on 5/10. This also means you get three Liverpool games in a 14 day period where City only play Everton away (not the easiest fixture) and you are back to 2 Man City games whilst Liverpool play Man U away (likewise).

Is this blindingly obvious / overly aggressive / somewhere in between? Could it even be worth doubling or tripling on this move by taking Aguero and Sterling and swapping to Salah/Mane and back? Are these fixture patterns exploitable all season or is this a particularly good one?

I am new to the Sky game so getting to grips with maximising the potential of splitting the gameweeks by timing transfers. It strikes me though that you should be flip-flopping the top players based on fixtures...and not the mid priced players.
Exactly the way to be thinking about the game :wink:

itslikebrandnew
Grumpy Old Man
FS Record: ?

Post by itslikebrandnew »

Are you guys saying it's worth transferring TWO players at the same time?

I understand maximising games but if you transfer two players then you aren't maximising points as only 1 can be captain.

View Latest: 1 Day View Your posts

Return to “SkySports Fantasy Football”