To see less ads Register or Login ----- Daily Fantasy Sports games 18+

Final call for help

A Fantasy Football forum for news on fantasy football games run by The Sun newspaper.
Dan_247
Wideboy

Final call for help

Post by Dan_247 »

Hi all,

I don’t post often into this forum, but when I do I have had some really good advise from the likes of Zimmerman and Clem. I am currently 2nd in my mini league (40 points behind 1st place and I can’t be caught by 3rd).

My team is:

Ederson
Azpillicuita
VVD
Robbo
Sterling
Mane
Haz
KDB
Firminho
Salah
Aguero

My rival has:

Ederson
VVD
Robbo
Chilwell
Bernado Silva
Haz
Sterling
Mane
Son
Aguero
Salah

So I’m looking at differentials to try and catch. All thoughts are welcome. I am thinking Firminho > Auba and KDB to Laporte so far. I am also thinking one extra Man City defender ie walker to replace a pool defender.

Any help would be appreciated, would be great to hear your thoughts.

Thanks all

Zimmerman
FISO Jedi Knight

Re: Final call for help

Post by Zimmerman »

EDIT: i started writing this without reading the whole of your post!!! Seems we are on the same wavelength!

So its Chilwell / Silva / Son v Azpilicueta / de Bruyne / Firmino

de Bruyne is a no brainer
Firmino seems to be getting wrapped up in cotton wool so might not play 3 games that are left.

Son could be a big threat (3-4 games left). But if you try and cover him, you only have two players as differentials.

City have three games left... Laporte 'could' get three clean sheets... that'd be 24 points.
Would he have funds to do Chilwell -> City defender (Kompany is 0.3m dearer).

An Arsenal forward might be worth a punt.

Have you got spare funds to do
Firmino -> Aubameyang +£1m
Bruyne -> Laporte -£0.2m

If you do this... make sure you do Firmino -> Laporte as your first transfer (then at least if for any reason Aubameyang is benched, you could do de Bruyne -> Lacazette instead).

cclem345
Grumpy Old Man

Post by cclem345 »

Would definately look at Firmino to Aubameyang. I think this weekend Lacazette will be rested and Auba should start.

I also think that against Valencia away Emery may line up with 5 in midfield to try to control the game and leave Auba up top for counter attacks.

So basically he should play enough to score big points with limited rotation/rest.

KDB to Laporte could work and if you don't have the money go someone like Walker for the odd assist.

Keep the last transfer and maybe if Gabriel Jesus starts the FA cup final you could go for him hoping he could nick a couple of goals. Or Sane or someone.

Dan_247
Wideboy

Post by Dan_247 »

I have the funds so can be flexible. Thanks for your feedback both. I’m definitely going to take this on board. I like the idea of holding 1 back for fa cup final and seeing if I can capitalise on someone like sane or Jesus starting. Zimmerman, do you agree with this?

Firminho to Laporte looks like the transfer today or would you rather go for walker? I think Laporte is more of a guaranteed starter but I could be wrong.

Thanks again chaps.

Cheers

cclem345
Grumpy Old Man

Post by cclem345 »

I would go Laporte. While Walker may get an assist Laporte should win more aerials and things that whoscored love. Walker was only if funds were low.

Plus he will be up for set pieces.

Zimmerman
FISO Jedi Knight

Post by Zimmerman »

yep, definitely worth keeping one back for an extra player in a final and to cover your arse in the event of an injury this week. He could even do something stupid and ditch Son (so you bring him in 🤣)

Dan_247
Wideboy

Post by Dan_247 »

Thanks again both. Wishing you well in your respective leagues for the remainder of the season.

Your advise is really appreciated, good luck to you

Zimmerman
FISO Jedi Knight

Post by Zimmerman »

Lady Luck just dealt you a hand

Dan_247
Wideboy

Post by Dan_247 »

Hi both,

So the Laporte and Auba transfers have closed a 45 point gap in my mini league and I now lead by 6 points which is amazing! Thank you for the advise!!

Team is currently:

Emerson
Laporte
VVD
Robbo
Azpil.

Hazard
Mane
Sterling

Salah
Auba
Kun

My differences are that my rival has son, chilwell and Doherty as differences.

The question is, shall I make a move now? Or with a small lead, shall I hold off for fa cup final or champions league final.

All thoughts and feedback welcome.

Cheers

ronny10
FISO Knight
FS Record: Not to shabby

Post by ronny10 »

It's a hold, there is no move to be made this weekend

Dan_247
Wideboy

Post by Dan_247 »

My rival brought in Deeney for Son. no points at the weekend which is good news, but still has the fa cup final. I don’t think i’ll Cover him.

He has 2 transfers left and I have 1. Think I will use mine after the city cup final and replace on of my Man City attacking assets for Lacazette if he starts. Failing that, I may go for a Liverpool attacker ie firmho or origi depending on who starts the final.

View Latest: 1 Day View Your posts

Return to “The Sun Dream Team FF Games”