To see less ads Register or Login ----- Daily Fantasy Sports games 18+

Alonso.

A Fantasy Football forum for news on fantasy football games run by the Premierleague (FPL).
MoSe
Dumbledore
FS Record: FISODAS CUP Winner Season 25
FISO H2H Winner: 15/16 Div2 - 16/17 Div1
FISO Mirror: 16/17 PL Winner

Re: Alonso.

Post by MoSe »

MoSe wrote: 28 Feb 2019, 09:07
Archy wrote: 31 Jan 2019, 10:40 Mose, you may need to re-think your approach to stats if you're waiting until GW 24 to bring Salah in to your team :wink:
I didn't feel like explaining my approach this season, not worht it, although I might have easily filled a couple pages. ;)
In short, I'm dedicating no more than 5min per GW to my own team this season, and it shows, almost no use of stats whatsoever, just looking at players FPL points

I can say now tho, that bringing in Salah in GW24, just because I saw in his page he had scored 21 2 12 12 12 2 11 15 in GW16-23,
has proven to be the worst use of budget mistake of my whole season, and I had already made very bad mistakes in December already.
I'd have been hugely better off continuing to play in last 5 GWs whichever team without Salah
Lol, I know this was an Alonso topic.
Make the above 6 GWs
Didn't we have a "Salah: is he worth it?" one? :lol:

Bob Newhart
FISO Knight

Post by Bob Newhart »

So, rested or dropped @ Fulham?

Billy Bongo
FISO Knight

Post by Billy Bongo »

He's already been dropped 0

Sent from my SM-G975F using Tapatalk

finkelele
Treebeard

Post by finkelele »

Is it worth it taking the chance if Alonso would start? I have Rice on the bench as a sub if he wouldn't play at all.

Playing like this with Alonso:

Starting 11: Alonso+Pereira+Robertson
Bench: DF: Rice+Simpson
MF: Ayité

OR THIS ONE:

Starting 11: Azpilicueta+Rice+Robertson
Bench: DF:Simpson+Connolly
MF: Tielemans

Would appreciate feedback! Thanks and good luck everyone!

Billy Bongo
FISO Knight

Post by Billy Bongo »

Alonso has already lost his place to Emerson.

finkelele
Treebeard

Post by finkelele »

Billy Bongo wrote: 16 Mar 2019, 06:34 Alonso has already lost his place to Emerson.

How can you be so sure? Alonso got one goal and one assist in the Europa League. He should get to start.

Stevieste
Dumbledore
FS Record: 24,360

Post by Stevieste »

finkelele wrote: 16 Mar 2019, 06:59
Billy Bongo wrote: 16 Mar 2019, 06:34 Alonso has already lost his place to Emerson.

How can you be so sure? Alonso got one goal and one assist in the Europa League. He should get to start.
I think Bongo is correct as well, Alonso played well, but So did CHO and Giroud and they still prob be bench for Hazard and Higuain this gameweek.

For a FH i dont think Alonso is worth the risk, he looks good on paper, but the reality is he prob wont even make the squad again.

Cesar and Luiz for me in my FH team this week

Billy Bongo
FISO Knight

Post by Billy Bongo »

finkelele wrote:

Its fact Alonso hasn't started the last 2 prem games.

Alonso just played 90 mins on Thursday.

So it's not about me is it really, its about Sarri. And he looks to have made his mind up.

But my statement is fact, Alonso has already lost his place. What happens this weekend is fortune telling but the signs aren't good are they really

Hotstepper
Grumpy Old Man
FS Record: Reasonable

Post by Hotstepper »

I'm selecting Alonso (I'm a FHittter) on the basis that if he plays he has high potential, and if not he's covered by a cherry picked for the week bench. Makes it a no-risk gamble that he plays.

Defence is Robertson, Rice and Alonso. Bench of a Bournemouth defender (either Ake or Clyne) and a cheap Burnley defender.

Billy Bongo
FISO Knight

Post by Billy Bongo »

Azpil has just as high potential

Firstly, he's not been dropped
Secondly Zappacosta injured
Thirdly, mind melding with the fat new one, hes got 3 assists last 5

finkelele
Treebeard

Post by finkelele »

Billy Bongo wrote: 16 Mar 2019, 07:43 Azpil has just as high potential

Firstly, he's not been dropped
Secondly Zappacosta injured
Thirdly, mind melding with the fat new one, hes got 3 assists last 5

Azpi would never score 2 goals and 1 assist in 1 game.

So who should start, Pereira or Rice? And I already have Fabianski in the starting 11.

SteveieB123
Red & Blue Braces

Post by SteveieB123 »

Hotstepper wrote: 16 Mar 2019, 07:41 I'm selecting Alonso (I'm a FHittter) on the basis that if he plays he has high potential, and if not he's covered by a cherry picked for the week bench. Makes it a no-risk gamble that he plays.

Defence is Robertson, Rice and Alonso. Bench of a Bournemouth defender (either Ake or Clyne) and a cheap Burnley defender.
Exactly what I did. Highly unlikely to play but if he does then there isn't much better as a one week punt. Exactly what I want. As it happens if he doesn't play have the Ake points coming off bench. Wouldn't want him for the rest of season but yes please on a one week punt with cover.

View Latest: 1 Day View Your posts

Return to “Fantasy PremierLeague.com (FPL)”