To see less ads Register or Login ----- Daily Fantasy Sports games 18+

Playing GW31

A Fantasy Football forum for news on fantasy football games run by the Premierleague (FPL).
finkelele
Treebeard

Re: Playing GW31

Post by finkelele »

Stevieste wrote: 14 Mar 2019, 18:30
finkelele wrote: 14 Mar 2019, 18:06 I've recently played with the thought of playing NO Liverpool defender and playing Firmino instead. Downgrade VVD to Pereira and upgrading Wilson to Firmino. This might be unnecessary. What do you think?

Other than that I don't really like Azpilicueta or the fact that I have two defensive West Ham players. It might be better to play Pereira instead of Azpi.

Schmeichel or Kepa instead of Fabianski? Robertson instead of VVD?

Would apprecieate some feedback! Thanks and good luck!
Looks good to me that team, apart from captain and vice the wrong way 😉
Yes I know, I have already changed the captaincy, thanks :)
I also did Daniels->Simpson and then VVD->Robertson.

This is something I've been thinking about:
What do you think, Fabianski+Azpi or Kepa+Pereira?
Might also be unnecessary...

And that damn Alonso! :x
Maybe take Tielemans from the bench out for the cheapest midfielder, then sub Alonso in for Connolly and then Azpi->Pereira. That will leave me with these defenders:
Robertson-Alonso-Pereira (Rice-Simpson). I'll have Rice as backup in case Alonso would get benched. But damn how I would want him to start.

Thanks for your feedback :)

redmen82
FISOhead
FS Record: always last

Post by redmen82 »

Is arnie a must have?

Sutter Kane
Dumbledore
FS Record: Unknown.

Post by Sutter Kane »

redmen82 wrote: 14 Mar 2019, 19:38 Is arnie a must have?
Liverpool aside, there are no must-haves this week. If I was on a FH however, I may take the risk and get him - great fixture.

redmen82
FISOhead

Post by redmen82 »

Sutter Kane wrote: 14 Mar 2019, 19:51
Liverpool aside, there are no must-haves this week. If I was on a FH however, I may take the risk and get him - great fixture.
I am thinking two liverpool mids and one defender. Do you think that's right or the other way around

Hotstepper
Grumpy Old Man
FS Record: Reasonable

Post by Hotstepper »

I'm toying with the idea of picking Alonso for my FH, with Emerson as my first defensive sub in case Alonso doesn't play

Sutter Kane
Dumbledore
FS Record: Unknown.

Post by Sutter Kane »

redmen82 wrote: 14 Mar 2019, 21:13
Sutter Kane wrote: 14 Mar 2019, 19:51
I am thinking two liverpool mids and one defender. Do you think that's right or the other way around
Not sure how you can ignore Mane on a FH so it has to be 2 attackers for me.

Stemania
FISO Jedi Knight
Location: On the Iron Throne of xG, the seat of The Crown Prince of the Stat Perverts. Or if not, in the STC!
FS Record: Best: TFF 321st. FPL 129th. FFS Career HoF Peak 2nd (Live 1st). Ability since lost.

Post by Stemania »

I'm still on roughly the same setup as long planned, but have chosen Wilson over Higuain in the end. So I'll run with a -4 for

Fabianski
TAA, Luiz, Maguire
Salah, Mane, Hazard, Maddison
Vardy, Wilson, Arnautovic
(-, Puncheon, -, -)

We've got a very good chance of knowing whether Arnie is starting via a very reliable twitter ITK, before the 2pm deadlline - so FHers should watch out for that. If he isn't starting I'll take the extra hit for Higuain (which might be my free transfer in in GW33 anyway). :)

Stevieste
Dumbledore
FS Record: 24,360

Post by Stevieste »

Stemania wrote: 14 Mar 2019, 22:37 I'm still on roughly the same setup as long planned, but have chosen Wilson over Higuain in the end. So I'll run with a -4 for

Fabianski
TAA, Luiz, Maguire
Salah, Mane, Hazard, Maddison
Vardy, Wilson, Arnautovic
(-, Puncheon, -, -)

We've got a very good chance of knowing whether Arnie is starting via a very reliable twitter ITK, before the 2pm deadlline - so FHers should watch out for that. If he isn't starting I'll take the extra hit for Higuain (which might be my free transfer in in GW33 anyway). :)
Does he show the full line up as ive got 3 players for west ham who prob not all guranteed to start.

Lanzini Anderson and Arnie, so if he leaks it before deadline that be perfect as can swap and change so have everyone playing

Tall Paul
Dumbledore

Post by Tall Paul »

FranckKessie wrote: 14 Mar 2019, 18:26
Tall Paul wrote: 14 Mar 2019, 17:18 Still a bit drunk and I'm now looking at this team:

Fabianski
Robertson, Rice, Cresswell
Salah, Mane, Hazard, Fraser
Wilson, Vardy

Trying to decide between Rondon, Ashley Barnes. Higuain and Brooks for the final spot.
No love for Burnley defence? I only have understat.com to guide me but at home they have maintained pretty good xGA since New Year. But when you sway I start to wonder if I should too...
Not really. I much prefer Liverpool and West Ham defenders for this set of fixtures. Maybe a Burnley defender for the bench.

eastcentral1
Dumbledore

Post by eastcentral1 »

Stevieste wrote: 14 Mar 2019, 17:24
Tall Paul wrote: 14 Mar 2019, 17:18 Still a bit drunk and I'm now looking at this team:

Fabianski
Wilson, Vardy

Trying to decide between Rondon, Ashley Barnes. Higuain and Brooks for the final spot.
Get Arnie in the TP, i reckon he start this week and Huddersfield usless in defence
Is Arnie starting based on anything more than a gut feeling?

Stemania
FISO Jedi Knight
Location: On the Iron Throne of xG, the seat of The Crown Prince of the Stat Perverts. Or if not, in the STC!
FS Record: Best: TFF 321st. FPL 129th. FFS Career HoF Peak 2nd (Live 1st). Ability since lost.

Post by Stemania »

Stevieste wrote: Does he show the full line up
Recently, yes. I'm sure it'll be posted on FISO if so. :)

eastcentral1
Dumbledore

Post by eastcentral1 »

eastcentral1 wrote: 14 Mar 2019, 23:47

Fabianski
Wilson, Vardy

Get Arnie in the TP, i reckon he start this week and Huddersfield usless in defence
sorry, just seen pelli's comments

Stevieste
Dumbledore

Post by Stevieste »

eastcentral1 wrote: 14 Mar 2019, 23:47

Fabianski
Wilson, Vardy

Is was iniatlly a gut feeling anyway, i just felt he made west ham more of a threat when came on in there last game at half time.

Also its reported on there forum pages by there fans he will start this game.

If it was not for Liverpool playing Fulham, id actually be tempted to captain him, but i just feel Salah Will do something soon and i dont not want to be on him when he does

FranckKessie
Grumpy Old Man

Post by FranckKessie »

Tall Paul wrote: 14 Mar 2019, 22:57

Fabianski
Wilson, Vardy

No love for Burnley defence? I only have understat.com to guide me but at home they have maintained pretty good xGA since New Year. But when you sway I start to wonder if I should too...
Not really. I much prefer Liverpool and West Ham defenders for this set of fixtures. Maybe a Burnley defender for the bench.
Thanks. I agree with LIV and WHU but I want to include Arnie, Salah and Mane so there is a spot left. Heaton is the one I am looking at combined with no LEI, read no Vardy. Therefore I want to know as much as possible of Burnley, and there is no better than you to provide that info.

Tall Paul
Dumbledore

Post by Tall Paul »

FranckKessie wrote: 15 Mar 2019, 08:30
Tall Paul wrote: 14 Mar 2019, 22:57

Fabianski
Wilson, Vardy

Thanks. I agree with LIV and WHU but I want to include Arnie, Salah and Mane so there is a spot left. Heaton is the one I am looking at combined with no LEI, read no Vardy. Therefore I want to know as much as possible of Burnley, and there is no better than you to provide that info.
I'm not expecting a clean sheet against Leicester, but Heaton could well earn some save points. Chelsea defenders also seem a better option than Burnley.

MPTree
Grumpy Old Man

Post by MPTree »

FH-er here. Whilst I fully accept that the best free hit team may well leave a good chunk of cash in the bank, I also find myself drawn to a 'big 3' up front. Here's the team I'm contemplating:

Fabianski, 3.9
Luiz, Chilwell, Ogbonna, 3.8, 3.8
Salah, Mané, Hazard, Maddison, 4.2
Higuaín, Firmino, Vardy

Need confirmation Higuaín's over his illness, and there's not much room for error with non-starters (although that 4.2 mid is probably Bacuna), but happy to take that risk.

Nailer6245
Grumpy Old Man

Post by Nailer6245 »

Do we reckon there are any defenders worth a -4 this week? Already maxed on Liverpool, can't afford Chelsea. Had Smith (Bournemouth) but he did his hamstring on Saturday.

Ake (Newcastle H)
Pereira (Burnley a)
Rice (Hud H)

If Palace are knocked out of the cup tomorrow AWB can play GW33, so these lads might only be needed for this week. Makes a hit a little less appealing.

fergusg
Treebeard

Post by fergusg »

I’ve played my ‘Free Hit’ chip for game-week 31 and have decided upon the following team:

Fabianski (Boruc)
Alexander-Arnold, Rice, David Luiz (Daniels, Stankovic)
Mané, Salah, Maddison, Hazard (Hayden)
Vardy, Arnautovic, Higuaín

Manuel Pellegrini has strongly suggested that Marko Arnautovic will return to the starting XI for West Ham’s game against Huddersfield Town. And I'm hoping that we receive confirmation of this before tomorrow’s 2pm transfer deadline.

If Arnautovic is likely to retain his place on the bench from the start of West Ham’s game against Huddersfield Town, then I’ll perform the following last-minute transfers:

Arnautovic -> Wilson
Stankovic -> Ogbonna

I can’t help thinking that I’ve probably wasted my ‘Free Hit’ chip. As always, any feedback would be welcome.

Stevieste
Dumbledore

Post by Stevieste »

fergusg wrote: 15 Mar 2019, 13:24 I’ve played my ‘Free Hit’ chip for game-week 31 and have decided upon the following team:

Fabianski (Boruc)

Manuel Pellegrini has strongly suggested that Marko Arnautovic will return to the starting XI for West Ham’s game against Huddersfield Town. And I'm hoping that we receive confirmation of this before tomorrow’s 2pm transfer deadline.

If Arnautovic is likely to retain his place on the bench from the start of West Ham’s game against Huddersfield Town, then I’ll perform the following last-minute transfers:

Arnautovic -> Wilson
Stankovic -> Ogbonna

I can’t help thinking that I’ve probably wasted my ‘Free Hit’ chip. As always, any feedback would be welcome.
That was my orginal team i picked on my 1st go, it looks good to me and aslong as we get 11 starters we should all be in a better position than most that have less players or took -minus points to get them.

I have a really good feeling about Arniw this week, i just dont have the balls to make him captain

ChrisD
Grumpy Old Man

Post by ChrisD »

Nailer6245 wrote: 15 Mar 2019, 11:47 Do we reckon there are any defenders worth a -4 this week? Already maxed on Liverpool, can't afford Chelsea. Had Smith (Bournemouth) but he did his hamstring on Saturday.

Ake (Newcastle H)
Pereira (Burnley a)
Rice (Hud H)

If Palace are knocked out of the cup tomorrow AWB can play GW33, so these lads might only be needed for this week. Makes a hit a little less appealing.
I’m holding AWB for this reason, but if Palace are 3 up with 20 minutes to go you could beat the deadline then? I like the look of Ake but Rice seems to have been the popular vote this week, even if his gw33 fixture is not as good..

fergusg
Treebeard

Post by fergusg »

Stevieste wrote: 15 Mar 2019, 13:35
fergusg wrote: 15 Mar 2019, 13:24 I’ve played my ‘Free Hit’ chip for game-week 31 and have decided upon the following team:

Fabianski (Boruc)

Arnautovic -> Wilson
Stankovic -> Ogbonna

That was my orginal team i picked on my 1st go, it looks good to me and aslong as we get 11 starters we should all be in a better position than most that have less players or took -minus points to get them.

I have a really good feeling about Arniw this week, i just dont have the balls to make him captain
Thanks for the feedback. :D

Neilbrooky
Kevin and Perry

Post by Neilbrooky »

Given it’s a FH I really need the first 11 to play, any views on the following?

TAA passed a late fitness test mid-week - vdv a safer but more expensive choice?

Arnie - I think I’ve decided to take the risk

Fraser - suddenly gone yellow?!

Higuain - also yellow

swadd1er
Dumbledore

Post by swadd1er »

Currently on the following FH:

Fabianski (Boruc)
Robertson, Rice, David Luiz (Ake, Pereira)
Mané, Salah, Fraser, Hazard (Hayden)
Vardy, Arnautovic, Rondon

I have a feeling after Giroud’s hatrick last night he’ll be on for Higuain at some point, especially if they need a goal.(Higuain currently yellow after missing last nights game)

Re Frasers yellow flag: EH: "Ryan [Fraser] took a fair few hits during the Huddersfield game. He missed the early part of training but he should be okay for this weekend."

The Real Slim Shady
Dumbledore
FS Record: 1,465th in FPL 05/06

Post by The Real Slim Shady »

At the minute;

Fabianski
Robertson, Periera, TAA, Ake
Salah, Hazard, Westwood, Fraser
Rondon, Vardy

That'll be my team if I use my 2 free's and do

Son for Fraser
Rashford for Vardy.

Only question mark is if Fraser will start?

Notned
FISO Knight

Post by Notned »

Notned wrote: 12 Mar 2019, 15:41 I'm currently on;

Fabianski
VVD, Perreira, Rice
Hazard, Mane, Salah, Fraser
Vardy, Wilson, Higuain

(Boruc, McNeil, Ogbonna, Stankovic)

Sure it will change a few times between now and then though!
Now thinking I might go with Arnautovic over Higuain. He isn't guaranteed to start, but sounds promising that he may well do, and if he does it's a game which presents a good chance for a haul. Plus there must be a chance that Giroud gets the nod for Chelsea after his hattrick in mid-week, especially if Higuain has been ill.

Anywhere obvious to spend the money saved if so?

Neilbrooky
Kevin and Perry

Post by Neilbrooky »

Notned wrote: 15 Mar 2019, 17:57
Notned wrote: 12 Mar 2019, 15:41 I'm currently on;

Fabianski
VVD, Perreira, Rice
Hazard, Mane, Salah, Fraser
Vardy, Wilson, Higuain

(Boruc, McNeil, Ogbonna, Stankovic)

Sure it will change a few times between now and then though!
Now thinking I might go with Arnautovic over Higuain. He isn't guaranteed to start, but sounds promising that he may well do, and if he does it's a game which presents a good chance for a haul. Plus there must be a chance that Giroud gets the nod for Chelsea after his hattrick in mid-week, especially if Higuain has been ill.

Anywhere obvious to spend the money saved if so?
Yep, upgrade pereira to luiz and you have my team!

MrBenn
Treebeard

Post by MrBenn »

If i play my free hit, can i keep making transfers and saving my team each time ?

As im at work to mmorow and concerned i wont get chance to make any last min changes, so want to save my team for now
Last edited by MrBenn on 15 Mar 2019, 18:50, edited 1 time in total.

redmen82
FISOhead

Post by redmen82 »

MrBenn wrote: 15 Mar 2019, 18:48 If i play my free hit, can i keep making transfers and saving my team each time ?
Yes you can

dan_92
Wideboy

Post by dan_92 »

I would go for Tielemans over Maddison

slyger
FISOhead

Post by slyger »

dan_92 wrote: 15 Mar 2019, 19:43 I would go for Tielemans over Maddison
What's your reasoning?