To see less ads Register or Login ----- Daily Fantasy Sports games 18+

Playing GW31

A Fantasy Football forum for news on fantasy football games run by the Premierleague (FPL).
ChrisD
Grumpy Old Man

Re: Playing GW31

Post by ChrisD »

I need to stay off this thread, I’m getting team envy! Going with 8 or maybe 9 starters this week and a free hit next week. It’s damage limitation!

Neilbrooky
Kevin and Perry

Post by Neilbrooky »

ChrisD wrote: 12 Mar 2019, 16:23 I need to stay off this thread, I’m getting team envy! Going with 8 or maybe 9 starters this week and a free hit next week. It’s damage limitation!
Genuine question, how come you’re free hitting next week instead of this, is it to maximise Man U/wolves players? All teams are playing next week so I would have thought it better to get a full team out this week - I’m only a novice though!

Ruth_NZ
Grumpy Old Gorilla

Post by Ruth_NZ »

ChrisD wrote: I need to stay off this thread, I’m getting team envy! Going with 8 or maybe 9 starters this week and a free hit next week. It’s damage limitation!
Yeah, but I bet none of the FH guys will be fielding Juninho Bacuna. So they'll be the envious ones when he gets a brace. :P

PSA
Grumpy Old Man

Post by PSA »

sstaffsw wrote: 11 Mar 2019, 21:00 @PSA, if I was in your position owning that many players already, I would save my FH for another week. And I wouldn't be selling Man U or Wolves assets.
The more I think about it the more it makes sense to hold. I can use the FH later if needs be, to get players in that will play will only be -8 as I would load up. Lingard and Iwobi out for Anderson and Fraser? Effectively have £14.2m for 2 midfielders.

ChrisD
Grumpy Old Man

Post by ChrisD »

Neilbrooky wrote: 12 Mar 2019, 18:45
ChrisD wrote: 12 Mar 2019, 16:23 I need to stay off this thread, I’m getting team envy! Going with 8 or maybe 9 starters this week and a free hit next week. It’s damage limitation!
Genuine question, how come you’re free hitting next week instead of this, is it to maximise Man U/wolves players? All teams are playing next week so I would have thought it better to get a full team out this week - I’m only a novice though!
I’m certainly no expert on this, but if good people (including @BenCrellin) are to be believed as well as Man Utd and Wolves a number of other teams will have doubles next week depending on cup results, including some nice potential Man City and Chelsea doubles (if all goes to plan). I’m free hitting so I (hopefully) get a team full of them! (If all goes to plan)

Neilbrooky
Kevin and Perry

Post by Neilbrooky »

ChrisD wrote: 12 Mar 2019, 20:14
I’m certainly no expert on this, but if good people (including @BenCrellin) are to be believed as well as Man Utd and Wolves a number of other teams will have doubles next week depending on cup results, including some nice potential Man City and Chelsea doubles (if all goes to plan). I’m free hitting so I (hopefully) get a team full of them! (If all goes to plan)
Ah I see! I should have read the gameweeks/chips thread a bit more carefully :)

xJosh-
FISOhead

Post by xJosh- »

ChrisD wrote: 12 Mar 2019, 20:14
My main reason for not doing this is that the Wolves DGW doesn't appeal to me. Might be wrong but don't see any clean sheets & don't see high goal potential. I've got 2 City & 2 Utd and would look to bring Hazard in for his anyway and I think that's enough. Might do a -4 if I need to.

Stevieste
Dumbledore
FS Record: 24,360

Post by Stevieste »

Already regretting hitting the FH button for gameweek 31.

I rather have played with 6-7 players and used my FH for next game week, where it looks like 3 man utd, 3 man city and 3 chelsea players is the way to go ( in fa cup games pan out like they should )

Lets hope can pick a good FH team this week and then afford a few hits for the DGW afterwards

Neilbrooky
Kevin and Perry

Post by Neilbrooky »

Stevieste wrote: 13 Mar 2019, 11:36 Already regretting hitting the FH button for gameweek 31.

I rather have played with 6-7 players and used my FH for next game week, where it looks like 3 man utd, 3 man city and 3 chelsea players is the way to go ( in fa cup games pan out like they should )

Lets hope can pick a good FH team this week and then afford a few hits for the DGW afterwards
Yes i'm feeling the same, however with man utd and city I don't actually know which players I would have chosen, I can see a bit of rotation coming up

Stu255
Grumpy Old Man

Post by Stu255 »

Interesting stuff,

I’ve suggested several times in this thread that FH in GW31 seems crazy as not many points on offer this week.

Much better to use chips in the DGW when there are far more pts opportunities around.

Yet nobody has taken me up on this view at any point?

I am fielding 10 this week and plan to use TC and BB for the up coming DGW’s.

Stevieste
Dumbledore

Post by Stevieste »

Stu255 wrote: 13 Mar 2019, 13:52 Interesting stuff,

I’ve suggested several times in this thread that FH in GW31 seems crazy as not many points on offer this week.

Much better to use chips in the DGW when there are far more pts opportunities around.

Yet nobody has taken me up on this view at any point?

I am fielding 10 this week and plan to use TC and BB for the up coming DGW’s.

So when you using your FH if your using TC and BB on the next 2 DGW ?

Ruth_NZ
Grumpy Old Gorilla

Post by Ruth_NZ »

Stu255 wrote: I’ve suggested several times in this thread that FH in GW31 seems crazy as not many points on offer this week. Yet nobody has taken me up on this view at any point?
What on earth makes you say that there aren't many points to be had this week? That's the "crazy" assertion if you don't mind my saying so.

West Ham face a team that struggles to score and is defensively weak as well, probably the worst team overall in the PL. And West Ham are at home. That's a plum fixture, especially in terms of the CS opportunity.

Bournemouth are a good attacking team at home and play an opponent whose underlying defensive stats in away games are rather poor. That's a strong fixture.

Liverpool have been scoring freely and are facing the worst defence in the PL. They are also very strong defensively themselves. That's another plum fixture, both for attackers and defenders.

Now, seeing that you could very happily base a FH team on 7-8 players from those three teams I'd say you'd be looking at a potential points fiesta. And that's without considering Burnley v Leicester. Burnley are both scoring and conceding a fair few over the last weeks and Leicester are improving as an attacking unit under Rodgers. Vardy, especially, is on a roll and no-one thinking straight would prefer not to have him this week. It's a game that looks more likely to be 3-3 than 0-0 and that means points aplenty for attackers especially.

Just about the only game which looks a bit of a potential dud is Everton v Chelsea but even there, Hazard is capable of scoring anywhere and Everton haven't exactly been prolific recently so a 0-0 or 0-1 wouldn't surprise much. But you can create a thoroughly good FH team without going near that game, or perhaps with only 1 Chelsea player.

I think your idea that this isn't a good week is very coloured by that last game. Fortunately for me (and I'm not using the FH this week), most of the FH RMTs I have seen are more focused on using TV than picking the best one-off team. :) In my view, if you pick the best FH team this week you will have a fair bit of budget left over.

Stevieste
Dumbledore

Post by Stevieste »

I like the look of this team with my FH, but my bench feels far to weak in case someone like Alonso does not play again.
F20D00B6-76F9-4774-9510-6A9A6F2D9A21.jpeg
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Smurphy Paw
FISO Knight
FS Record: Mediocre, apparently
13/14: FPL 1792; FIFA 14 Top 700.
17/18: FPL 696th; loads of mini-League wins and side game promotions
18/19 1FC Köln 5AS Champions
#1 Spring Super League regular season 19/20 & 20/21

Post by Smurphy Paw »

Well pick someone else instead of Alonso then
Are you not concerned about Anderson’s form? I have him and I am

Stevieste
Dumbledore

Post by Stevieste »

Smurphy's Paw wrote: 14 Mar 2019, 08:13 Well pick someone else instead of Alonso then
Are you not concerned about Anderson’s form? I have him and I am
I like attacking defenders and he the best availble
If he plays, i could maybe swap robertson for TAA and get a stronger defender on bench i suppose just in case.

Anderson form not been the best recently, but there at home to worst team in league at moment, so i want 3 attacking players that have the potential to score big points.

I was on fabinanski and rice but i really dont like relying on west ham for a clean sheet

raoul
Dumbledore
FS Record: Tied for OR 1st worldwide in FPL in GW5 in 21/22 (only to then finish 1m), and ranked 1st in TFF late in season 21/22 (eventual finish 95th). Won an old game called Football Fantastic. Best Fanteam finish 117th and cashed £150. Best FPL finish 2.4K.

Post by raoul »

Ruth_NZ wrote: 13 Mar 2019, 15:10
Stu255 wrote: I’ve suggested several times in this thread that FH in GW31 seems crazy as not many points on offer this week. Yet nobody has taken me up on this view at any point?
What on earth makes you say that there aren't many points to be had this week? That's the "crazy" assertion if you don't mind my saying so.

West Ham face a team that struggles to score and is defensively weak as well, probably the worst team overall in the PL. And West Ham are at home. That's a plum fixture, especially in terms of the CS opportunity.

Bournemouth are a good attacking team at home and play an opponent whose underlying defensive stats in away games are rather poor. That's a strong fixture.

Liverpool have been scoring freely and are facing the worst defence in the PL. They are also very strong defensively themselves. That's another plum fixture, both for attackers and defenders.

Now, seeing that you could very happily base a FH team on 7-8 players from those three teams I'd say you'd be looking at a potential points fiesta. And that's without considering Burnley v Leicester. Burnley are both scoring and conceding a fair few over the last weeks and Leicester are improving as an attacking unit under Rodgers. Vardy, especially, is on a roll and no-one thinking straight would prefer not to have him this week. It's a game that looks more likely to be 3-3 than 0-0 and that means points aplenty for attackers especially.

Just about the only game which looks a bit of a potential dud is Everton v Chelsea but even there, Hazard is capable of scoring anywhere and Everton haven't exactly been prolific recently so a 0-0 or 0-1 wouldn't surprise much. But you can create a thoroughly good FH team without going near that game, or perhaps with only 1 Chelsea player.

I think your idea that this isn't a good week is very coloured by that last game. Fortunately for me (and I'm not using the FH this week), most of the FH RMTs I have seen are more focused on using TV than picking the best one-off team. :) In my view, if you pick the best FH team this week you will have a fair bit of budget left over.
From previous seasons how have weeks like this gone re points?

Half the matches available suggests half the number of hauls yet if we only have half to choose from it is harder to miss whoever does well. No doubt I will do my best to disprove that though...

At the end of the day if you have 11 starters then they have no reason to score differently to any other week. Right?

The average will no doubt be low given many inactive teams may field very few and others might not field a full cohort but if actively playing the week usual targets apply I hope.

Smurphy Paw
FISO Knight
FS Record: Mediocre, apparently
13/14: FPL 1792; FIFA 14 Top 700.
17/18: FPL 696th; loads of mini-League wins and side game promotions
18/19 1FC Köln 5AS Champions
#1 Spring Super League regular season 19/20 & 20/21

Post by Smurphy Paw »

Forget the inactive teams, they’re not your competition
I am pleased that Ruth bit the bullet and responded to this. It wasn’t fully thought through.

Neilbrooky
Kevin and Perry

Post by Neilbrooky »

Stevieste wrote: 14 Mar 2019, 07:11 I like the look of this team with my FH, but my bench feels far to weak in case someone like Alonso does not play again.

F20D00B6-76F9-4774-9510-6A9A6F2D9A21.jpeg
I was toying with arnie but too much of a risk; he’s not guaranteed to start and he’s got an attitude problem (I’m sure this’ll come back to bite me!)

Edit: also Alonso could well miss out. With your bench you’re at risk of having only 9 players, which on a FH would be a disaster!

raoul
Dumbledore
FS Record: Tied for OR 1st worldwide in FPL in GW5 in 21/22 (only to then finish 1m), and ranked 1st in TFF late in season 21/22 (eventual finish 95th). Won an old game called Football Fantastic. Best Fanteam finish 117th and cashed £150. Best FPL finish 2.4K.

Post by raoul »

Smurphy's Paw wrote: 14 Mar 2019, 08:53 Forget the inactive teams, they’re not your competition
I am pleased that Ruth bit the bullet and responded to this. It wasn’t fully thought through.
Agreed re inactive teams. Was just pointing out that the GW average will be low but that is not an indication of the points potential of an active team.

Boruc
VVD, Pereira, Azpilcueta
Hazard, Salah, Mane, Siggy, Fraser
Wilson, Vardy

Not my team. But a decent selection in any current GW based on form and fixtures.

Stevieste
Dumbledore

Post by Stevieste »

Having seen that Alonso starting tonight, i think he be dropped against Everton so might swap him for Luiz now

Tall Paul
Dumbledore

Post by Tall Paul »

Still a bit drunk and I'm now looking at this team:

Fabianski
Robertson, Rice, Cresswell
Salah, Mane, Hazard, Fraser
Wilson, Vardy

Trying to decide between Rondon, Ashley Barnes. Higuain and Brooks for the final spot.

Stevieste
Dumbledore

Post by Stevieste »

Tall Paul wrote: 14 Mar 2019, 17:18 Still a bit drunk and I'm now looking at this team:

Fabianski
Wilson, Vardy

Trying to decide between Rondon, Ashley Barnes. Higuain and Brooks for the final spot.
Get Arnie in the TP, i reckon he start this week and Huddersfield usless in defence

Tall Paul
Dumbledore

Post by Tall Paul »

Stevieste wrote: 14 Mar 2019, 17:24
Tall Paul wrote: 14 Mar 2019, 17:18 Still a bit drunk and I'm now looking at this team:

Fabianski
Wilson, Vardy

Get Arnie in the TP, i reckon he start this week and Huddersfield usless in defence
Yeah, if it looks likely that Arnie will start, I'll probably get him and change Cresswell for Ake or a Chelsea defender.

finkelele
Treebeard

Post by finkelele »

This is what I got right now:

Fabianski (Hamer)
Azpilicueta-Rice-VVD (Daniels-Connolly)
Hazard-Salah-Mane-Fraser (Tielemans)
Vardy-Wilson-Arnie

I'm a bit worried about the double up of West Ham defenders(Fabianski/Rice).
I'm having a hard time to find better defensive players.. Azpi doesn't feel quite right.. I can upgrade VVD to Robertson also but I'm not sure I should.

For me Arnie is a must have IF HE'LL START. But it's a risk.

I honestly can't find a way to improve my team... Except maybe Robertson, and if I change Tielemans to a 4.2 midfielder and Daniels to a 3.8 I have 2.1 in the bank... But can't find anything to do with the money. I could have Higuain but I don't want him compared to Arnie/Wilson/Vardy.
Maybe change Fabianski to Kepa/Schmeichel? Because in my mini league everyone got Fabianski and I need to get ahead.
Tielemans is a good benchplayer if anyone would happen to get injured.

It's the defensive players I have problems finding. Rice/Fabianski/Azpi doesn't feel right. And what if Liverpool rests Mane or Salah!? Who should one captain?

Anyone got any good tips or ideas? Mainly for the defence and the captaincy. Also which Liverpool defender to have.

Sorry for my bad writing this time. I'm drunk.
Thankssss
Last edited by finkelele on 14 Mar 2019, 18:00, edited 3 times in total.

Stevieste
Dumbledore

Post by Stevieste »

Tall Paul wrote: 14 Mar 2019, 17:38

Fabianski
Wilson, Vardy

Yeah, if it looks likely that Arnie will start, I'll probably get him and change Cresswell for Ake or a Chelsea defender.
Ive settled on this now, im not going for Fraser and Wilson as can see that game being tight with Rafa newcastle, im also not investing big in Leicester as Burnley can be hard to break down when have there game on.

Time will tell if made the correct or incorrect call
1A1DD074-3A7A-44EA-AC05-29B4B51C3A9A.jpeg
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

finkelele
Treebeard

Post by finkelele »

I've recently played with the thought of playing NO Liverpool defender and playing Firmino instead. Downgrade VVD to Pereira and upgrading Wilson to Firmino. This might be unnecessary. What do you think?

Other than that I don't really like Azpilicueta or the fact that I have two defensive West Ham players. It might be better to play Pereira instead of Azpi.

Schmeichel or Kepa instead of Fabianski? Robertson instead of VVD?

Would apprecieate some feedback! Thanks and good luck!
Last edited by finkelele on 14 Mar 2019, 18:22, edited 2 times in total.

Tall Paul
Dumbledore

Post by Tall Paul »

Stevieste wrote: 14 Mar 2019, 17:56
Tall Paul wrote: 14 Mar 2019, 17:38

Fabianski
Wilson, Vardy

Ive settled on this now, im not going for Fraser and Wilson as can see that game being tight with Rafa newcastle, im also not investing big in Leicester as Burnley can be hard to break down when have there game on.

Time will tell if made the correct or incorrect call

1A1DD074-3A7A-44EA-AC05-29B4B51C3A9A.jpeg
I'm not a massive fan of ignoring West Ham defenders. I haven't checked but I'm sure they'll have the shortest clean sheet odds of the gameweek. We've already been through this though :wink:

FranckKessie
Grumpy Old Man

Post by FranckKessie »

Fabianski
Wilson, Vardy

No love for Burnley defence? I only have understat.com to guide me but at home they have maintained pretty good xGA since New Year. But when you sway I start to wonder if I should too...

Stevieste
Dumbledore

Post by Stevieste »

finkelele wrote: 14 Mar 2019, 18:06 I've recently played with the thought of playing NO Liverpool defender and playing Firmino instead. Downgrade VVD to Pereira and upgrading Wilson to Firmino. This might be unnecessary. What do you think?

Other than that I don't really like Azpilicueta or the fact that I have two defensive West Ham players. It might be better to play Pereira instead of Azpi.

Schmeichel or Kepa instead of Fabianski? Robertson instead of VVD?

Would apprecieate some feedback! Thanks and good luck!
Looks good to me that team, apart from captain and vice the wrong way 😉

Stevieste
Dumbledore

Post by Stevieste »

Alonso trying to get me to put him back in with his goal and assist already tonight.

Will stick with cesar and luiz i think, as Alonso cant be trusted to start anymore in prem

View Latest: 1 Day View Your posts

Return to “Fantasy PremierLeague.com (FPL)”