To see less ads Register or Login ----- Daily Fantasy Sports games 18+

Playing GW31

A Fantasy Football forum for news on fantasy football games run by the Premierleague (FPL).
raoul
Dumbledore
FS Record: Tied for OR 1st worldwide in FPL in GW5 in 21/22 (only to then finish 1m), and ranked 1st in TFF late in season 21/22 (eventual finish 95th). Won an old game called Football Fantastic. Best Fanteam finish 117th and cashed £150. Best FPL finish 2.4K.

Re: Playing GW31

Post by raoul »

Is it me or is Fraser only viable when Wilson is in the line-up?

zipnolan
Dumbledore
FS Record: Ex FISODAS champ; 2009 TFF 95th, MOTW and TFF cup qtr finalist, TFFO 78th, FPL 346th. And a lot of rubbish.

Post by zipnolan »

raoul wrote: 11 Mar 2019, 08:58 Is it me or is Fraser only viable when Wilson is in the line-up?
It’s a Dad’s Army thing.

IceCreamFirm
Red & Blue Braces

Post by IceCreamFirm »

Fuzzy wrote: 09 Mar 2019, 01:07 I can’t see that 0.3m is a big deal at this time of the season.

If you were talking about dumping Aguero AND Pogba AND Doherty AND [insert other suitable player name here], and you will want them all back, then it’s a different story.

FWIW, I’ll be selling and repurchasing Aguero (and FH-ing back in for GW32).
Smurphy's Paw wrote: 08 Mar 2019, 23:59 I have decided that next week is the right time to sell Aguero. I will bring him straight back for the GW32FH. He’s likely to blank in GW33 and Kane is a better option for GW34 (by which time I’ll be wildcarding and he may come back in). The £0.3m loss might by then be £0.2m or £0.1m if others sell as well. That’s affordable
Where are you both at with this after the weekend? Aguero’s risen again so now 0.4 to get him back in and Higuain doesn’t fill me with confidence. I’m definitely getting someone else in and I’m now considering Doherty out instead.

raoul
Dumbledore
FS Record: Tied for OR 1st worldwide in FPL in GW5 in 21/22 (only to then finish 1m), and ranked 1st in TFF late in season 21/22 (eventual finish 95th). Won an old game called Football Fantastic. Best Fanteam finish 117th and cashed £150. Best FPL finish 2.4K.

Post by raoul »

Boruc
TAA, Chilwell, Pereira
Salah, Mane, Fraser, Anderson
Higuain, Vardy, Barnes

Tempted to put Brooks in for Anderson for a -4 but Huddersfield at home ...

So that XI might be it now.

Smurphy Paw
FISO Knight
FS Record: Mediocre, apparently
13/14: FPL 1792; FIFA 14 Top 700.
17/18: FPL 696th; loads of mini-League wins and side game promotions
18/19 1FC Köln 5AS Champions
#1 Spring Super League regular season 19/20 & 20/21

Post by Smurphy Paw »

IceCreamFirm
Aguero is already 46% towards a drop on FPL stats. As soon as he drops once a number of casuals will get nervous and follow suit. That’s what I am relying on, but even if it doesn’t work out like that it’s only the difference between Azpilicueta or Rudiger when on wildcard so no big deal.
In the meantime I have already brought in Wilson and Hazard as planned and both rose last night. Both continue to rise fast and a double rise for each is plausible. Then I could sell them for a bit of profit and pretty much break even (I probably won’t sell Wilson, but that’s a different point).

Fuzzy
Grumpy Old Man
FS Record: meh

Post by Fuzzy »

@ICF:

I have done much the same as SP. For me it was Vardy who came in for Kun, and the leftover helped to turn my 4.4m (now injured) junk midfielder into Ryan Fraser. (Wilson is likely to come in as well, but that's not really relevant to your question)

I don't mind spending the 0.4m to get Aguero back. Given I know that I will FH him back in for GW32, not shifting him now is akin to saying I can't find a better way to use that 11.5m to bolster my squad in 2 of the remaining 8 gameweeks of the season.

DavidLloydIsAHero
Grumpy Old Man
FS Record: 2014/15 1757th FPL
Formerly David Luiz Is A Hero

Post by DavidLloydIsAHero »

zipnolan wrote: 11 Mar 2019, 09:03
raoul wrote: 11 Mar 2019, 08:58 Is it me or is Fraser only viable when Wilson is in the line-up?
It’s a Dad’s Army thing.
:lol:

I'm FH31 and definites in the squad will be

Boruc
Hamer

Pereira

Salah
Mane
Hazard
Kante
Puncheon

Vardy

Leaving me 36.2M to spend on 4 defenders and 2 strikers (two of these 6 will be on the bench). No idea which WHU to pick and defenders are tough. Choice between Robertson/TAA/Firmino and Rudiger/Luiz/Higuain is tough

St JohnStones
Cheetah

Post by St JohnStones »

Hello! Recently discovered FISO and have been reading the blank/DGW strategy with interest. Playing FH31 - mainly because my team was set up that way and also because I want to play TC and BB in DGW. Draft FH team is:

Fab (Boruc)
Robertson, Luiz, Rice (Diop, 3.8m)
Salah, Mane, Hazard, Brooks (Hayden)
Vardy, Higuain, Wilson

0.0 left in the bank. Double (potentially treble) WHAM defence giving me the fear a bit, but there isn't a better fixture than HUD at home and WHAM goals come from too many different places at the moment. Think it looks solid, but would welcome any thoughts.

RomynPG
Dumbledore
FS Record: FPL 134 overall 06/07 ... never close since

Post by RomynPG »

St JohnStones wrote: 11 Mar 2019, 14:19 Hello! Recently discovered FISO
Welcome aboard :P

Vsz
Grumpy Old Man
FS Record: Won lots of cash leagues and was once, very briefly, top of TFF. Finished 15th too. Various top 5K and 10K FPL finishes

Post by Vsz »

St JohnStones wrote: 11 Mar 2019, 14:19 Hello! Recently discovered FISO and have been reading the blank/DGW strategy with interest. Playing FH31 - mainly because my team was set up that way and also because I want to play TC and BB in DGW. Draft FH team is:

Fab (Boruc)
Robertson, Luiz, Rice (Diop, 3.8m)
Salah, Mane, Hazard, Brooks (Hayden)
Vardy, Higuain, Wilson

0.0 left in the bank. Double (potentially treble) WHAM defence giving me the fear a bit, but there isn't a better fixture than HUD at home and WHAM goals come from too many different places at the moment. Think it looks solid, but would welcome any thoughts.
Similar to mine, mate.

I currently have
Fab (Boruc)
VVD, Azpi, Rice, (Luiz, Diop)
Fraser, Mane, Salah (C), Haz (Richarlison)
Barnes, Wilson (V), Vardy

Thoughts guys?

Obviously a lot of money on the bench!

PSA
Grumpy Old Man

Post by PSA »

Like some quick advice please.

2 FT in the bank and originally thought about playing the FH this week. All chips in tact and was looking at using TC and BB in the DGW's.

However I have looked and I can field 8 already, before I use 2FT's which takes me to 10.

Fabs
Robertson, TAA, Luiz, Pereria
Salah, Kante
Higuain.

I have Lingard who I could swap out for Maddison. Leaves me with £2.4m in the bank. There is enough there to do Jimenez to Vardy.

Rest of team includes Patricio, Doherty, Pogba, Iwobi, Rashford and Jimenez. Of which most i'd want back for next week anyway with the DGW. Not sure if the FH could now be used better in another GW??

Thoughts?

sstaffsw
Grumpy Old Man

Post by sstaffsw »

@PSA, if I was in your position owning that many players already, I would save my FH for another week. And I wouldn't be selling Man U or Wolves assets.

xJosh-
FISOhead

Post by xJosh- »

I've used my free hit as I would've only had 8 players play.

I've gone with so far

Fab/Boruc
Robertson Rice Pereira
Fraser Hazard Salah Mane Maddison
Wilson Vardy

Luiz Ogbonna Rondon

I don't think Chelsea will keep a clean sheet tbh but I am tempted to do Boruc > 3.9 and put a Bournemouth defender on to avoid the WHU double up.

Thoughts?

nufctoon
Grumpy Old Man

Post by nufctoon »

I haven't paid that much attention to FPL this year but after some decent ten/fifteen weeks or so, I'm back to the top3 of my ML. However, TV is still pretty bad. Just pulled the FH trigger and currently sat on:

Fabianski (Hamer)
TAA, Pereira, Ogbonna (Daniels, Stankovic)
Salah (C), Mane, Hazard, Tielemans (Bacuna)
Higuain, Vardy, Wilson

0.2 ITB. Bench looks horrendous but with such a low TV, it needs to be this way.

Daniels & Tielemans :arrow: David Luiz & Hayden, is an other viable option. Play 4-3-3. Then the question would be, who has better point potential: David Luiz or Tielemans. It's a coin toss really.

Potters82
Treebeard

Post by Potters82 »

Can get 8 out this week, is it worth using the fh or would it be better in game week 32 🤔

raoul
Dumbledore

Post by raoul »

Potters82 wrote: 12 Mar 2019, 09:44 Can get 8 out this week, is it worth using the fh or would it be better in game week 32 🤔
Depends:

- how many of those not playing this week are likely to have decent doubles in GW32?
- how decent are the fixtures in GW32 for those playing in GW31?
- what will you do in GW33 if you FH in 31, because surely you will improve your GW32 lineup and risk being less than 8 for GW33?

Personally I am doing a FH in GW32 and have 11 playing in GW31 (and hopefully 33), but I have been building towards this for about 5 GW in order to be prepared.

One other consideration perhaps. If you have 8 for GW31, I will assume you have around 6 doubling in GW32. If you do 2 transfers for GW32 you get 8 doublers, and can pick from the rest for the 3 best single fixtures. Do another 2 transfers for GW33 and you can get back to a minimum 8 playing, and will perhaps have others if they lose Cup games. So for a couple of hits, and a little pain in 31 and 33, you could save the FH perhaps.

profart
Treebeard

Post by profart »

A common conundrum for all manager ATM (regardless FH or non-FH) is the 3rd LIV asset.

Most I would say are at Salah+DEF, and are thinking of whether to double up on Pool defenders or to add Mane?

Quick scan through season stats tell me that Mane’s attacking returns during away games are not high (13G 0A in 15 home games & 3G2A in 15 away games prior) - he will be playing 2 away games albeit vs weak opposition in both GW31+33.

This is what is pushing towards getting in TAA(preferred)/VVD to pair with Robertson. Money not really an issue, so will wait on news on TAA’s injury and after the Bayern match.

What are everyone’s thoughts?

Notned
FISO Knight

Post by Notned »

Curious to see why so many playing FH are filling there bench with non starters?

I understand getting the money on the pitch, but you van comfortably fill the bench with base price players who are likely to feature, to cover for any surprise rotation.

Boruc/McNeil/Ogbonna/Stankovic as a subs bench is pretty much bang on base price, and are all likely starters with okay fixtures just on the off chance that any of the better picks don't feature. That's my starting point anyway, with the funds in the first eleven, but players (however uninspiring) to come in if needed. May even go TAA as my Liverpool defender and stretch to someone like Snodgrass as a strong first sub.

finkelele
Treebeard

Post by finkelele »

Such similar teams here to mine!

What I got so far is this:

Fabianski (Hamer)
Azpilicueta-Rice-VVD (Daniels, Connolly)
Hazard-Salah-Mane-Fraser (Tielemans)
Vardy-Wilson-Arnautovic

I recently put Arnautovic in instead of Higuain just because I think my opponents in my mini league won't put him in and I need to make the gap between us smaller.

I'm a little bit worried about doubling up on West Ham GK/DF... Who could I have in instead? Pretty difficult to find good GK/DF options... Also, should I upgrade VVD to Robertson?
I do not dare to have Alonso in instead of Azpi either.

Hotstepper
Grumpy Old Man
FS Record: Reasonable

Post by Hotstepper »

On a FH, is:

3 x West Ham at the back, eg Fab, Rice, Diop
+ 3 x Liverpool attackers, eh Mo, Mane, Mino
= UTTER MADNESS

Potters82
Treebeard

Post by Potters82 »

raoul wrote: 12 Mar 2019, 12:09
Potters82 wrote: 12 Mar 2019, 09:44 Can get 8 out this week, is it worth using the fh or would it be better in game week 32 🤔
Depends:

- how many of those not playing this week are likely to have decent doubles in GW32?
- how decent are the fixtures in GW32 for those playing in GW31?
- what will you do in GW33 if you FH in 31, because surely you will improve your GW32 lineup and risk being less than 8 for GW33?

Personally I am doing a FH in GW32 and have 11 playing in GW31 (and hopefully 33), but I have been building towards this for about 5 GW in order to be prepared.

One other consideration perhaps. If you have 8 for GW31, I will assume you have around 6 doubling in GW32. If you do 2 transfers for GW32 you get 8 doublers, and can pick from the rest for the 3 best single fixtures. Do another 2 transfers for GW33 and you can get back to a minimum 8 playing, and will perhaps have others if they lose Cup games. So for a couple of hits, and a little pain in 31 and 33, you could save the FH perhaps.
Thank you. Some very good points there to think about.

Fat Heed
Red & Blue Braces
FS Record: FPL 2009/10 1286th

Post by Fat Heed »

Quick question, if you were chasing down a 40 point lead in your mini league and top spot had already used their triple captain and bench boost, would you be more likely to play free hit this week if all your chips are still intact?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Finisher1
Dumbledore

Post by Finisher1 »

Fat Heed wrote: 12 Mar 2019, 14:02 Quick question, if you were chasing down a 40 point lead in your mini league and top spot had already used their triple captain and bench boost, would you be more likely to play free hit this week if all your chips are still intact?
I'm not sure why this would make you more likely to play FH this gameweek. Just play your own game and do what's good for your own team, 40 points is nothing especially since you have TC and BB advantage over him.

Tall Paul
Dumbledore

Post by Tall Paul »

Hotstepper wrote: 12 Mar 2019, 13:12 On a FH, is:

= UTTER MADNESS
I asked the same question earlier in the thread as I'm considering doing the same.

My thoughts are that, as it's a one week team, there seems little point in hedging your bets and going all out by backing your selections against the worst attack and defence in the league, maybe that applies less to Liverpool attackers as the points could be spread around.

St JohnStones
Cheetah

Post by St JohnStones »

Vsz wrote: 11 Mar 2019, 19:14
Similar to mine, mate.

I currently have
Fab (Boruc)
VVD, Azpi, Rice, (Luiz, Diop)
Fraser, Mane, Salah (C), Haz (Richarlison)
Barnes, Wilson (V), Vardy

Thoughts guys?

Obviously a lot of money on the bench!
Only real difference is Higuain I guess. It's a tough call and Barnes has been great recently. And Higuain has only scored against HUD and FUL so far :shock:

Pirlo's Beard
FISO Jedi Knight

Post by Pirlo's Beard »

Tall Paul wrote: 12 Mar 2019, 14:46 I asked the same question earlier in the thread as I'm considering doing the same.
Yes but, Paul, you were drunk when you asked that question. :wink:

Tall Paul
Dumbledore

Post by Tall Paul »

Pirlo's Beard wrote: 12 Mar 2019, 15:00
Tall Paul wrote: 12 Mar 2019, 14:46 I asked the same question earlier in the thread as I'm considering doing the same.
Yes but, Paul, you were drunk when you asked that question. :wink:
I might be a little bit drunk now 8-). :mrgreen:

Vsz
Grumpy Old Man
FS Record: Won lots of cash leagues and was once, very briefly, top of TFF. Finished 15th too. Various top 5K and 10K FPL finishes

Post by Vsz »

Tall Paul wrote: 12 Mar 2019, 14:46
Hotstepper wrote: 12 Mar 2019, 13:12 On a FH, is:

= UTTER MADNESS
I asked the same question earlier in the thread as I'm considering doing the same.

My thoughts are that, as it's a one week team, there seems little point in hedging your bets and going all out by backing your selections against the worst attack and defence in the league, maybe that applies less to Liverpool attackers as the points could be spread around.
I am hedging by having 3 WHAM def (the 3 you mention) but only starting 2 of them and having Mane and Salah and only 1 Liv def in VVD (in case TAA/Robbo get rested).

Notned
FISO Knight

Post by Notned »

I'm currently on;

Fabianski
VVD, Perreira, Rice
Hazard, Mane, Salah, Fraser
Vardy, Wilson, Higuain

(Boruc, McNeil, Ogbonna, Stankovic)

Sure it will change a few times between now and then though!

Neilbrooky
Kevin and Perry

Post by Neilbrooky »

Notned wrote: 12 Mar 2019, 15:41 I'm currently on;

Fabianski
VVD, Perreira, Rice
Hazard, Mane, Salah, Fraser
Vardy, Wilson, Higuain

(Boruc, McNeil, Ogbonna, Stankovic)

Sure it will change a few times between now and then though!
I’m very similar to you - changes are
Fab -> Boruc
Vvd -> TAA
Fraser -> brooks
Perreira -> luiz

Of those above differences I’d say the fab, fraser and luiz are the clear best picks, vvd/taa I would say taa maybe edges it but it’s a close one (vvd guaranteed start and maybe will score, taa less guaranteed start but greater chance of assist than vvd is to score!).

So in conclusion I don’t have a clue what to do! But I’ll prob tinker with the above 8 players and keep the rest in situ.

View Latest: 1 Day View Your posts

Return to “Fantasy PremierLeague.com (FPL)”