Norwegian Eliteserien Fantasy Football
Beerfuelledman
FISO Knight
FS Record: FISO 17/18 FPL Cash Draft League Winner

Eliteserien 2019

Post by Beerfuelledman »

Its BACK !!

https://fantasy.eliteserien.no/

And with a new chip!! "RICH UNCLE" is like a Free Hit with no limitiations on squad value!! Forward Rush (All Strikers x2) and Two Captains the other chips.

Nice :D

For those interested Oxford NZ has set up a mini league!

FISO members and posters only please.
7020-3018

Oxford NZ
Dumbledore
FS Record: They think it's all over!

Re: Eliteserien 2019

Post by Oxford NZ »

Good luck BF.
I think I am going to give it a miss this year, the amount of work required to get a top 500 finish is huge if you only get limited access to news and TV coverage.
I did OK last season and ended up top in New Zealand with a top 800 OR if I remember rightly. I did learn a huge amount about the teams , players and even a bit about the country but a lot of work.
The new chip will make it interesting and can give a big advantage if played in the right week but I would prefer one wild card and no other chips.
Rosenborg will win the league again this year with Horneland pulling the strings but do not get too many RBK early in the season, it will take them time to improve.

Beerfuelledman
FISO Knight

Post by Beerfuelledman »

I've played last couple years, will likely start anyway and see how I go. DGW in GW2 of immediate interest. Thinking of setting up for forward rush or (more likely ATM) spunking rich uncle 😂

Oxford NZ
Dumbledore

Post by Oxford NZ »

I would hold off on the chips planning atm. Last season was awesome with the weather postponements and two double game weeks early but that was a one off and the chips are really powerful in this game. set up a side for GW1 to 5 and see how the wind blows.
I have not seen any preseason or read anything Eliteserien apart from the odd Bendtner news since Christmas
IF I start a team I would build around McDermott, Wormgoor, Hedenstad, Akintola ( or Adegbenro), Kastrati, Bamba.
I am not a Bamba fan but starting with him gives room to pick better others.
Looking at a captain for GW 1 is tough without watching preseason, I will get back to you if I see one that stands out.

Beerfuelledman
FISO Knight

Post by Beerfuelledman »

Thanks man, had been eyeing all those except Kastrati so will look closer at him.

Oxford NZ
Dumbledore

Post by Oxford NZ »

@ BFM
I have started a team :-)
So far with very little thought I have

McD ( Vaikla)
Wormgoor, Melling, Salte, Stollas ( Rogstad Walker)
Akintola, Hested, Tonne, ( Smarason, Vage Nilsen)
Hoiland, Kastrati, Skalevik

Oxford NZ
Dumbledore

Post by Oxford NZ »

Any takers for a FISO Eliteserien league I have one set up so post on here or PM me and I will send the join code.

TheBigLewandowski
Grumpy Old Man
FS Record: OR 1,259 2016/17

Post by TheBigLewandowski »

Enjoyed this last year. Is there a FISO league/code to join?

1albert
Treebeard
FS Record: Fiso FPL Cup 2018/19 3rd Place
Fiso FPL H2H League 1 2018/19 Champion
Fiso FPL Ctibbets H2H Spring League 18/19 Champion
Fiso Eliteserien League 2019 3rd place

Post by 1albert »

Giving this a go for the first time. I can see Google translate coming into action for a few months.
Will message Oxford NZ for the league code.

Oxford NZ
Dumbledore

Post by Oxford NZ »

Welcome aboard Albert, league code sent. Maybe Beerfuelledman can add it to the opening post for those interested.
FISO members and posters only please.
7020-3018
Last edited by Oxford NZ on 12 Mar 2019, 03:29, edited 1 time in total.

Oxford NZ
Dumbledore

Post by Oxford NZ »

TheBigLewandowski wrote: 10 Mar 2019, 11:25 Enjoyed this last year. Is there a FISO league/code to join?
Welcome aboard TBL :)
7020-3018

Oxford NZ
Dumbledore

Post by Oxford NZ »

Brann 1- 0 RBK a poor game by both teams in preseason.
A first half goal gifted to Petter Strand by Hedenstad.
Akintola hit the bar with a good long range shot but both teams did not play that well.
Bendtner started, Soderlund out with a groin strain, Trondsen thigh and De Lanley not in the squad.

From RBKweb
Rosenborg [4-3-3]
André Hansen - Vegar Eggen Hedenstad, Even Hovland (Gustav Valsvik 87), Tore Reginiussen, Birger Meling - Anders Konradsen, Mike Jensen, Gjermund Åsen - Pål André Helland (Marius Lundemo 60), Nicklas Bendtner (Mikael Johnsen 74), Samuel Adegbenro (David Akintola 60)
Unused reserve: Arild Østbø, Besim Serbecic, Igoh Ogbu, Djordje Denic and Emil Konradsen Ceide

From www.brann.no
Brann (4-3-3): Eirik Holmen Johansen - Taijo Teniste, Vito Wormgoor (Christian Eggen Rismark from 81), Bismar Acosta, Ruben Kristiansen (Thomas Grøgaard from 46.) - Kristoffer Løkberg (Fredrik Haugen from 46.), Ruben Yttergård Jenssen (Kristoffer Barmen from 78.), Petter Strand - Gilbert Koomson (Amer Ordagic from 69), Henrik Kjelsrud Johansen (Daouda Bamba from 46), Gilli Rólantsson.

Stormrider
Grumpy Old Man
FS Record: Winner Fantasy Football Scotland 2021/22

Post by Stormrider »

Played it last year for the first time and it was good fun😊. Even with hardly knowing any players at first.

ONZ: thanks for setting up the league - just joined

Over the coming days will need to look at the fixtures and whether to use a chip for GW 2.

Oxford NZ
Dumbledore

Post by Oxford NZ »

Stormrider wrote: 12 Mar 2019, 18:11 Over the coming days will need to look at the fixtures and whether to use a chip for GW 2.
Hi Stormrider.
Re the chip usage for GW2, I am still undecided but at this stage I am happy setting up a strong GW1 team that has good fixtures for the first 5 weeks or so. WC after the first international break.
The rich uncle for GW2 is tempting but you loose a week of price gains in the same way you do with the free hit. and you end up with your GW1 side back again for GW3.
Two captains could hold its own or not be too far behind rich uncle DGW2 and gains can be made in GW1 and GW3 where others are feilding weekend GW1 teams and taking hits or WC at GW3.
Good luck and enjoy the season. :-)

1albert
Treebeard

Post by 1albert »

I'm a complete Eliteserien virgin. I will certainly be taking on board the advice of Oxford NZ and others, now and throughout the season. Thank you ONZ.
I remember 5 seasons ago being in exactly the same position with Australia's A-League. As Stormrider said, once you get to know the players, things become fun and slowly improve.
I guess I'm here because Eliteserien starts as the A-League is about to conclude. You've got to get your fantasy fix from somewhere.

Beerfuelledman
FISO Knight

Post by Beerfuelledman »

What are people's thoughts on chip strategy?
With a DGW2 we need to be on the ball a lot quicker

Oxford NZ
Dumbledore

Post by Oxford NZ »

Beerfuelledman wrote: 13 Mar 2019, 09:50 What are people's thoughts on chip strategy?
With a DGW2 we need to be on the ball a lot quicker
See my post above to Storm rider. I am not convinced by the benefit of rich uncle GW2. Two captains maybe or the attack attack.
See how GW 1 pans out and set up you team to suit the first few GW's. If Brann fire up in GW 1 then three Brann players for the double can be achieved with little effort. If you start with two of Vito, Fredrik (or Kristoffer) and Daouda and have a balanced GW 1 to 5 side I think you will see the benefit over that time frame.
I am not a Bamba fan but he seems like a must if the weather holds out and the doubles actually happen in GW2.

Beerfuelledman
FISO Knight

Post by Beerfuelledman »

I'm in agreement actually but thought I was in the minority. I'm thinking Forward rush as Brann and Molde players (& McDermott in Goal) are players I'm likely to be happy building my team around anyway.

Stormrider
Grumpy Old Man
FS Record: Winner Fantasy Football Scotland 2021/22

Post by Stormrider »

Hi Stormrider.
Re the chip usage for GW2, I am still undecided but at this stage I am happy setting up a strong GW1 team that has good fixtures for the first 5 weeks or so. WC after the first international break.
The rich uncle for GW2 is tempting but you loose a week of price gains in the same way you do with the free hit. and you end up with your GW1 side back again for GW3.
Two captains could hold its own or not be too far behind rich uncle DGW2 and gains can be made in GW1 and GW3 where others are feilding weekend GW1 teams and taking hits or WC at GW3.
Good luck and enjoy the season. :-)
[/quote]

Thanks Oxford NZ! Food for thought and good luck to you too👍🏻

Oxford NZ
Dumbledore

Post by Oxford NZ »

Meling has not made the national squad due a thigh injury. Not sure if this will effect his starting GW1 for RBK v Bodo Glimt. Reginiussen now comes into the frame at the same money. Last season I had him from the start and was not disappointed if I remember correctly.
Edit.
RBKweb have it as a minor injury to Meling and also have a piece on Reginiussen turning down international duty to get ready for the Eliteserien as he is not 100% yet.

Oxford NZ
Dumbledore

Post by Oxford NZ »

Mikael Tørset Johnsen at 4.5 could come into play in the second part of this season , he is a great talent and admired by Horneland so he will get playing time. I am guessing he will make a few appearances from the bench and work his way into the Rosenborg team slowly, RBK have such depth in midfield he will have to be good to oust some established players from the starting line up.

Oxford NZ
Dumbledore

Post by Oxford NZ »

Kastrati injury could put him out for a few weeks so I have brought in Skalevik as a replacement until I can think about it a bit more.
Now on with 0 itb
McD ( Vaikla )
Wormgoor, Reginiussen, Bjornbak, ( Salte, R Walker )
Haugen, Shala, Hested, Tonne, ( Vage Nilsen )
Hoiland , Skalevik, James (k)

Oxford NZ
Dumbledore

Post by Oxford NZ »

Ohi Omoijuanfo Signs for Mould. James to Ohi done and saved a bit of cash as well. :-)

Oxford NZ
Dumbledore

Post by Oxford NZ »

What are peoples spend in Eliteserien ?

Running at
GK 9.0
Defence 27.5
Mid 38.5
for 25.0

Not checked my adding up but that will be close.

1albert
Treebeard

Post by 1albert »

GK 9.0
Def 26.5
Mid 39.0
Fwd 23.0
ITB 0.5

As you would expect, these figures are changing daily.

Oxford NZ
Dumbledore

Post by Oxford NZ »

With defenders like Melling and Wormgoor a having such great attacking potential I am surprised at the low defence spend from both of us.
I am 343 to afford my mid field spending with two cheep 4.0 playing defenders who can rotate when the 442 is required.
Constant change as well, the last of the warm up games may tell us a bit more :-)

Oxford NZ
Dumbledore

Post by Oxford NZ »

1albert wrote: 24 Mar 2019, 06:46 GK 9.0
Def 26.5
Mid 39.0
Fwd 23.0
ITB 0.5

You seem to be 2.0 short if my maths are correct :? 25 for the forward line seems about right so may be there?

Oxford NZ
Dumbledore

Post by Oxford NZ »

Latest incarnation with DGW2 two captains in mind.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

1albert
Treebeard

Post by 1albert »

Oxford NZ wrote: 24 Mar 2019, 07:43
1albert wrote: 24 Mar 2019, 06:46 GK 9.0
Def 26.5
Mid 39.0
Fwd 23.0
ITB 0.5

You seem to be 2.0 short if my maths are correct :? 25 for the forward line seems about right so may be there?
Well spotted ONZ. I've found the missing money. It belongs to the midfield. That should read 41.0

Oxford NZ
Dumbledore

Post by Oxford NZ »

How are you guys getting on with team selection?
Loads of injuries have changed my squad dramatically. Latest is Martin Bjornbak and I know very little other than he was subbed in the final Molde friendly with a possible injury.
Any updates you can post on here appreciated as checking other web site from now until season kick off for me will not happen due to life. :-)

edit for bad typing and even worse spelling

View Latest: 1 Day View Your posts

Return to “Eliteserien Fantasy”