To see less ads Register or Login ----- Daily Fantasy Sports games 18+

The Rounded Keeper - FPL Pub Talk & Matchday Banter 2018-19

A Fantasy Football forum for news on fantasy football games run by the Premierleague (FPL).
hayesag
Dumbledore
FS Record: piss poor

Re: The Rounded Keeper - FPL Pub Talk & Matchday Banter 2018-19

Post by hayesag »

Could it be that the lucky ole gunner has just used up all of his luck?

Stevieste
Dumbledore
FS Record: 24,360

Post by Stevieste »

hayesag wrote: 10 Mar 2019, 18:08 Could it be that the lucky ole gunner has just used up all of his luck?
Nope more like Lukaku showing what he does best and misses to glorious chances from 6 yards out.

We look flat today and disinterested, so its like they cant raise there game again after that PSG win

Maldini
Dumbledore

Post by Maldini »

Lukaku’s been your best player today.

Agree with Hayesag, Ole might have used all of his lucky dust up on Wednesday.

Stevieste
Dumbledore

Post by Stevieste »

Was never a pen, but to be fair it made no difference.

Bad performance today, but alot of the underdogs won this weekend against big teams so let Arsenal enjoy there day 👌🏻

SneakyOne
Grumpy Old Man
FS Record: Highest TFF finish 38th overall 2002 /03 won manager of the week twice. Regular top 1000. FPL Nothing great once top 10,000 (still learning!) Recently finished 75th in TFF World Cup with only one entry, was leading going into the knockouts!

Post by SneakyOne »

Rashford with that tame header sums up my GW.

Blue Fire
Grumpy Old Man

Post by Blue Fire »

57 points in the last 2 weeks. Combined. FFS.

Pirlo's Beard
FISO Jedi Knight

Post by Pirlo's Beard »

In his last two games, Pogba has scored a total of zero points.

Tall Paul
Dumbledore

Post by Tall Paul »

Pirlo's Beard wrote: 10 Mar 2019, 18:31 In his last two games, Pogba has scored a total of zero points.
-1 if you captained him last week :oops:

ChrisD
Grumpy Old Man

Post by ChrisD »

Of course Arsenal keep a clean sheet when I bench Kolasinac playing Man Utd, but concede when playing Huddersfield and Cardiff...brilliant

Pirlo's Beard
FISO Jedi Knight

Post by Pirlo's Beard »

I was just checking the xG for the weekend's games on Understat, TP, and was interested to see Burnley scored twice from an xG of 0.47.

I expect Valeron will be along shortly. :wink:

Pirlo's Beard
FISO Jedi Knight

Post by Pirlo's Beard »

Bonus

Firmino 3
Mané 2
Guðmundsson 1

Hazard 3
Jiménez 2
Jota 1

Xhaka 3
Leno 2
Aubameyang 1

hancockjr
Dumbledore
FS Record: FPL: Not as good as it was, but still very respectable.

Post by hancockjr »

I’m guessing a corner is pretty low xG

Pirlo's Beard
FISO Jedi Knight

Post by Pirlo's Beard »

hancockjr wrote: 10 Mar 2019, 18:55 I’m guessing a corner is pretty low xG
Missed the first half, forgot that a corner kick went straight in. :lol:

Stevieste
Dumbledore

Post by Stevieste »

52 points this week, with 19 coming from Bench boost, not sure why i even played it, but looks like saved my gameweek as my captain picks have been awful recently.

incredible bulk
Cheetah

Post by incredible bulk »

managed 89 points this week, would have been 102 but had fraser on the bench

Joccki_10
Grumpy Old Joker
FS Record: 16/17: 55 OR, 1 FISO Forum, 1 NLD and FISO Cup Winner

Post by Joccki_10 »

Just seen the first Liverpool goal. I think this has been the first time ever someone has been awarded an assist after two different opposition players got a touch.

Finisher1
Dumbledore

Post by Finisher1 »

Joccki_10 wrote: 11 Mar 2019, 08:43 Just seen the first Liverpool goal. I think this has been the first time ever someone has been awarded an assist after two different opposition players got a touch.
Yet it was 100% assist according to FPL rules, because those touches didn't alter the intended destination of the ball.

Stemania
FISO Jedi Knight
Location: On the Iron Throne of xG, the seat of The Crown Prince of the Stat Perverts. Or if not, in the STC!
FS Record: Best: TFF 321st. FPL 129th. FFS Career HoF Peak 2nd (Live 1st). Ability since lost.

Post by Stemania »

The convention for as long as I can remember has been that if two defensive players touched the ball then it's no assist, even if the rules just plain haven't stated so either way. The rules have only described explicitely what happens if it hits one opposition player. This is the first time I can recall it happening with an assist being awarded after hitting two defs.

This year it seems they did muddy the waters as the rules now state that "should a touch by an opposing player be followed by a defensive error by another opposing outfield player then no assist will be awarded". So apparently they decided there was no defensive error and also threw out their old convention at the same time.

Aguero's assist would also never have been an assist in recent years; as by convention, if a defender played the ball against another player that was not deemed a 'deflection' but a deliberate clearance.

Finisher1
Dumbledore

Post by Finisher1 »

Stemania wrote: 11 Mar 2019, 12:16 The convention for as long as I can remember has been that if two defensive players touched the ball then it's no assist, even if the rules just plain haven't stated so either way. The rules have only described explicitely what happens if it hits one opposition player. This is the first time I can recall it happening with an assist being awarded after hitting two defs.

This year it seems they did muddy the waters as the rules now state that "should a touch by an opposing player be followed by a defensive error by another opposing outfield player then no assist will be awarded". So apparently they decided there was no defensive error and also threw out their old convention at the same time.
No Stemania, here is what the rules say:
If an opposing player touches the ball after the final pass before a goal is scored, significantly altering the intended destination of the ball, then no assist is awarded. Should a touch by an opposing player be followed by a defensive error by another opposing outfield player then no assist will be awarded. If the goal scorer loses and then regains possession, then no assist is awarded.
So according to this rule, it doesn't matter whether the ball touches one, two, three, four, or all eleven opposing players, as long as none of them alters the intended destination of the ball.

Basically you could just ask this: "Did an opposing player alter the intended destination of the ball?" The answer in this case is "No, an opposing player didn't alter the intended destination of the ball". The conclusion: it's a clear assist.

It's a clear assist according to the rules. Your extract of "defesive errors" is irrelevant in this case.

Stemania
FISO Jedi Knight
Location: On the Iron Throne of xG, the seat of The Crown Prince of the Stat Perverts. Or if not, in the STC!
FS Record: Best: TFF 321st. FPL 129th. FFS Career HoF Peak 2nd (Live 1st). Ability since lost.

Post by Stemania »

That is not how FPL have interpreted their own rule in the past.

Stemania
FISO Jedi Knight

Post by Stemania »

(I agree that if I did not know of FPLs previous interpretations that I would have awarded an assist for both as per the written rules)

Finisher1
Dumbledore

Post by Finisher1 »

Stemania wrote: 11 Mar 2019, 13:17 That is not how FPL have interpreted their own rule in the past.
Could you give me a precedent in which the ball touched at least two opposing players and none of them altered the intended destination of the ball? It's quite an unlikely event so I'm not sure if there are precedents available. It's what happened in this case anyway.

Stemania wrote: 11 Mar 2019, 13:28 (I agree that if I did not know of FPLs previous interpretations that I would have awarded an assist for both as per the written rules)
Okay, so we are already halfway to agreement! :lol:

Tall Paul
Dumbledore

Post by Tall Paul »

Finisher1 wrote: 11 Mar 2019, 12:42
Stemania wrote: 11 Mar 2019, 12:16 The convention for as long as I can remember has been that if two defensive players touched the ball then it's no assist, even if the rules just plain haven't stated so either way. The rules have only described explicitely what happens if it hits one opposition player. This is the first time I can recall it happening with an assist being awarded after hitting two defs.

No Stemania, here is what the rules say:
If an opposing player touches the ball after the final pass before a goal is scored, significantly altering the intended destination of the ball, then no assist is awarded. Should a touch by an opposing player be followed by a defensive error by another opposing outfield player then no assist will be awarded. If the goal scorer loses and then regains possession, then no assist is awarded.
So according to this rule, it doesn't matter whether the ball touches one, two, three, four, or all eleven opposing players, as long as none of them alters the intended destination of the ball.

Basically you could just ask this: "Did an opposing player alter the intended destination of the ball?" The answer in this case is "No, an opposing player didn't alter the intended destination of the ball". The conclusion: it's a clear assist.

It's a clear assist according to the rules. Your extract of "defesive errors" is irrelevant in this case.
Salah should probably have been awarded at least one more assist yesterday if that's how the rule is being interpreted.

Finisher1
Dumbledore

Post by Finisher1 »

Tall Paul wrote: 11 Mar 2019, 14:45 Salah should probably have been awarded at least one more assist yesterday if that's how the rule is being interpreted.
I don't think so, he clearly didn't intend to pass the ball to his team mates in the second and third goal.

brencarr
Grumpy Old Man
FS Record: TFF best finish; 60th 2013/14

Post by brencarr »

7-0 for City tonight, I thought we'd get through ok but not quite THAT ok.

Good luck Liverpool for tomorrow - I will be cheering you on :)

Pirlo's Beard
FISO Jedi Knight

Post by Pirlo's Beard »

brencarr wrote: 12 Mar 2019, 21:50 7-0 for City tonight, I thought we'd get through ok but not quite THAT ok.
Sounds like Schalke took their league form into the Champions League.

forestfan
FISO Jedi Knight
FS Record: FISODAS Champion Season 34!

Post by forestfan »

I guess Ronaldo (or “Juventus” as he’s calling himself this season) is now favourite again for a fourth straight Champions League.

Smurphy Paw
FISO Knight
FS Record: Mediocre, apparently
13/14: FPL 1792; FIFA 14 Top 700.
17/18: FPL 696th; loads of mini-League wins and side game promotions
18/19 1FC Köln 5AS Champions
#1 Spring Super League regular season 19/20 & 20/21

Post by Smurphy Paw »

forestfan wrote: 12 Mar 2019, 22:50 I guess Ronaldo (or “Juventus” as he’s calling himself this season) is now favourite again for a fourth straight Champions League.
:lol:

forestfan
FISO Jedi Knight
FS Record: FISODAS Champion Season 34!

Post by forestfan »

Zidane’s number one priority surely has to be getting him back in the summer?

MoSe
Dumbledore
FS Record: FISODAS CUP Winner Season 25
FISO H2H Winner: 15/16 Div2 - 16/17 Div1
FISO Mirror: 16/17 PL Winner

Post by MoSe »

Pirlo's Beard wrote: 12 Mar 2019, 21:56
brencarr wrote: 12 Mar 2019, 21:50 7-0 for City tonight, I thought we'd get through ok but not quite THAT ok.
Sounds like Schalke took their league form into the Champions League.
club renamed to Schalke07

View Latest: 1 Day View Your posts

Return to “Fantasy PremierLeague.com (FPL)”