To see less ads Register or Login ----- Daily Fantasy Sports games 18+

Marcus Rashford

A Fantasy Football forum for news on fantasy football games run by the Premierleague (FPL).
blahblah
FISO Viscount
Location: .. he thinks that he knows something which he doesn't, whereas I am quite concious of my ignorance.

Re: Marcus Rashford

Post by blahblah »

Ironfist wrote: 25 Feb 2019, 09:46
blahblah wrote: 25 Feb 2019, 09:42
Caf wrote: 25 Feb 2019, 09:39 I can stretch up to Higuain - thinking about him given his utility for the GW31-33 run.

If I go to Rondón, I’ll have 4.9 ITB so will look for ways to take a -4 and put that money to use.
Are you unaware of the car, coach and train wreck that was Chelsea yesterday?
Didn't Chelsea draw 120 mins with the PL best team?
That was the car, coach and train going happily along for 118 mins(ish) when :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock:

Finisher1
Dumbledore

Post by Finisher1 »

blahblah wrote: 25 Feb 2019, 09:49
Ironfist wrote: 25 Feb 2019, 09:46
blahblah wrote: 25 Feb 2019, 09:42
Caf wrote: 25 Feb 2019, 09:39 I can stretch up to Higuain - thinking about him given his utility for the GW31-33 run.

If I go to Rondón, I’ll have 4.9 ITB so will look for ways to take a -4 and put that money to use.
Are you unaware of the car, coach and train wreck that was Chelsea yesterday?
Didn't Chelsea draw 120 mins with the PL best team?
That was the car, coach and train going happily along for 118 mins(ish) when :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock:
Kepa incident doesn't matter in FPL terms.

Ruth_NZ
Grumpy Old Gorilla

Post by Ruth_NZ »

blahblah wrote:Are you unaware of the car, coach and train wreck that was Chelsea yesterday?
I thought they played very well and came close to winning it. Certainly showed their mettle and the fact that Sarri adjusted his tactics a bit and also made some creative substitutions will have pleased Chelsea fans.

I was actually quite impressed with Sarri yesterday, he showed how much he cared but was also big enough to understand how keen a 23yo in his first major final was not to be taken off when he was OK to continue. Kepa's reaction was perhaps more understandable in a GK than an outfield player because a GK being taken off is very rare unless they are injured and he wanted to get the message across that he wasn't. Inexperience more than intransigence perhaps. But whatever, I was pretty happy with Chelsea's performance yesterday and thought they showed good character.

blahblah
FISO Viscount
Location: .. he thinks that he knows something which he doesn't, whereas I am quite concious of my ignorance.

Post by blahblah »

To an extent yes, and he even didn't make his usual sub's.

FF wise
However, the crash was BAD, imho, and certainly bad enough to not touch them FPL wise without at least another match to gauge any change\improvement in Sarriball. (Kante looked like he was playing as a No10, or even a Fwd with Haard atr times, and that is so very erm words fail me.) Not to mention a wounded 'Arry 'Otspur up next.

In that real world
As I posted in the Pub: the underlying point was that Willy would have faced penalties by pretty much, if not, all of the Citeh players and is very good at saving them, so injury or no injury tthe substitution made a lot of sense. I think https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/47352352 is a tad kind, and the discussion should be about if Kepa ever wears a Chelsea shirt again (as a few of us posted in the Pub), but it is still about Sarri, who got them to a sniff of winning.... I didn't listen to much of his "calm" Post Match Conference, as his face was enough and, imho, he was seething and lying like a broken man.

Finisher1
Dumbledore

Post by Finisher1 »

blahblah wrote: 25 Feb 2019, 10:22 FF wise
However, the crash was BAD, imho, and certainly bad enough to not touch them FPL wise without at least another match to gauge any change\improvement in Sarriball. (Kante looked like he was playing as a No10, or even a Fwd with Haard atr times, and that is so very erm words fail me.) Not to mention a wounded 'Arry 'Otspur up next.
After GW28 they are going to face far lesser teams and they are likely to score well in FPL. They also have a fixture in both GW31 and GW33 plus a very likely DGW32. It makes tons of sense to bring in Chelsea players.

blahblah
FISO Viscount

Post by blahblah »

Finisher1 wrote: 25 Feb 2019, 10:29
After GW28 they are going to face far lesser teams and they are likely to score well in FPL. They also have a fixture in both GW31 and GW33 plus a very likely DGW32. It makes tons of sense to bring in Chelsea players.
So wait a GW? They could get mullered by Spurs, Sarri sacked and ...... Or they could win and tally ho to the end of the season...

Finisher1
Dumbledore

Post by Finisher1 »

blahblah wrote: 25 Feb 2019, 10:37
Finisher1 wrote: 25 Feb 2019, 10:29
So wait a GW? They could get mullered by Spurs, Sarri sacked and ...... Or they could win and tally ho to the end of the season...
Ideally you could wait one gameweek because GW28 is not an ideal fixture for them. But after that they are very tempting FPL assets, regardless of what happens against Spurs and regardless of whether Sarri is still their manager or not.

Just A Kiwi
Grumpy Old Man

Post by Just A Kiwi »

From 9th March Bournemouth and King a very serious consideration.

Until Sarri goes I’m not touching Higuain. Rondon for me.

MPTree
Grumpy Old Man

Post by MPTree »

This is fiddly for me. I'd like three Chelsea in time for GW32 (which for me is Luiz, Hazard, Higuain) so Higuain is my ideal replacement, but he'll cost a hit. Mightn't be so bad though, since I'll probably need to take a hit or two anyway to prepare.

Got Marcus at 7.2 and don't mind cashing in, particularly given the better options to navigate the blanks with. He's still being assessed though, right? Did the injury look bad?

xJosh-
FISOhead

Post by xJosh- »

Pirlo's Beard wrote: 25 Feb 2019, 06:45
The Toon Man wrote: 25 Feb 2019, 06:27 Possible replacements:

Rondon
Arnie
King
Barnes
You could add Wood to that list, I'm pretty sure he'll be my Rashford replacement. Already have Rondón; the timing isn't right for King; I'm maxed on West Ham and don't trust Arnie's glass limbs anyway (or trust West Ham's attack enough to double up on it).

Barnes v Wood is 50/50 but I've always felt that Wood is the better finisher so he gets the nod for me. Barnes of course has penalties but Burnley don't get many of them, as Tall Paul can tell you.
What makes you say the timing isn’t right for king? After Saturday those fixtures are so good.

Pirlo's Beard
FISO Jedi Knight

Post by Pirlo's Beard »

xJosh- wrote: 27 Feb 2019, 21:01 What makes you say the timing isn’t right for king? After Saturday those fixtures are so good.
That's exactly what I mean. The timing wasn't right if you were looking to bring him in this week (GW28), but from GW30 it's very much Bournemouth time.

snout
FISO Knight
FS Record: a slice of that cake, over there

Post by snout »

Pulled the trigger last night on Rash to King, to avoid what looked like a nailed-on 0.2m hit that would scupper my "plan A" for the B/DGWs.

And, of course, neither price change happened. And now King is being sold and Rashford's NTI's are slowing.

Nailer6245
Grumpy Old Man

Post by Nailer6245 »

Rashford one of my players of the season - got him in right when Ole took the job and he was incredible value. Sold him after his drop last week (losing .4m) and it seems he won't go any further. Not looking forward to not having him vs. Soton & Arsenal, both of whom are leaky, but he'll be in my FH team for the DG32 and wildcard team from DG34 onwards.

Blue Fire
Grumpy Old Man

Post by Blue Fire »

Are we expecting Rashford to go straight back into the starting XI this weekend? If OGS wants to hold him back for the PSG game and start him from the bench vs Sou, he might drop again.

blahblah
FISO Viscount

Post by blahblah »

Blue Fire wrote: 28 Feb 2019, 11:21 Are we expecting Rashford to go straight back into the starting XI this weekend? If OGS wants to hold him back for the PSG game and start him from the bench vs Sou, he might drop again.
That's my hope.. a few goals for Lulu can only be good for OGS?

johnjoe107
Treebeard
FS Record: Never been outside the top 3

Post by johnjoe107 »

Utd have no chance against PSG so expect Rashford to play against Southampton.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

xJosh-
FISOhead

Post by xJosh- »

Pirlo's Beard wrote: 27 Feb 2019, 23:04
xJosh- wrote: 27 Feb 2019, 21:01 What makes you say the timing isn’t right for king? After Saturday those fixtures are so good.
That's exactly what I mean. The timing wasn't right if you were looking to bring him in this week (GW28), but from GW30 it's very much Bournemouth time.
Callum Wilson is due back then though. As soon as he starts playing he will be back on pens etc

Tall Paul
Dumbledore

Post by Tall Paul »

Took Rashford out for Rondon ahead of the last GW and I'm already looking for ways to reverse it.

sstaffsw
Grumpy Old Man

Post by sstaffsw »

Tall Paul wrote: 01 Mar 2019, 11:14 Took Rashford out for Rondon ahead of the last GW and I'm already looking for ways to reverse it.
Me too, I've got the exact funds to do it. Do we think Rashford will play the full 90?

From4corners
FISO Jedi Knight

Post by From4corners »

xJosh- wrote: 01 Mar 2019, 10:12
Callum Wilson is due back then though. As soon as he starts playing he will be back on pens etc
Isn't King the first penalty taker?

blahblah
FISO Viscount

Post by blahblah »

sstaffsw wrote: 01 Mar 2019, 11:34
Tall Paul wrote: 01 Mar 2019, 11:14 Took Rashford out for Rondon ahead of the last GW and I'm already looking for ways to reverse it.
Me too, I've got the exact funds to do it. Do we think Rashford will play the full 90?
In his PC Ole said he will start vs Soton.

xJosh-
FISOhead

Post by xJosh- »

From4corners wrote: 01 Mar 2019, 12:35
xJosh- wrote: 01 Mar 2019, 10:12
Isn't King the first penalty taker?
When both was fit it was Wilson

From4corners
FISO Jedi Knight

Post by From4corners »

xJosh- wrote: 01 Mar 2019, 18:31
From4corners wrote: 01 Mar 2019, 12:35 Isn't King the first penalty taker?
Why would you make that claim as it's not true.

xJosh-
FISOhead

Post by xJosh- »

From4corners wrote: 01 Mar 2019, 21:10
It is true. When they both played together there was a time where it was unclear who the penalty taker was. Then king missed and it was Wilson every time until one of his many injuries.

Hjuud
Kevin and Perry

Post by Hjuud »

xJosh- wrote: 01 Mar 2019, 23:37
It is true. When they both played together there was a time where it was unclear who the penalty taker was. Then king missed and it was Wilson every time until one of his many injuries.
Last time they were both on the pitch and got a penalty King took it and scored?

From4corners
FISO Jedi Knight

Post by From4corners »

Yes, there was a time where it was unclear who the penalty taker was, which was the first game of the season. The rest is just not true. This is what's wrong with so many people: "It ain't what you don't know that gets you into trouble. It's what you know for sure that just ain't so."

So please enlighten us. Please allow me to go first:

Wilson has taken two penalties this season; His first against Cardiff in the first game of the season, which he missed. It was confusing as their designated first penalty taker, i.e. King was on the pitch but Wilson won the penalty, wanted to take it and King didn't want to argue on the pitch with him. His second was against Fulham in October, scored, when King was out injured.

All other penalties bar one were taken by King with Wilson on the pitch (Everton, Leicester, Watford) and two against Wolves last week (scoring one, missing one) where Wilson wasn't there.
The other one was taken and scored by Stanislas against Crystal Palace in October. King was subbed off earlier, for Stanislas, while Wilson was still on the pitch.

Facts matter!!

xJosh-
FISOhead

Post by xJosh- »

From4corners wrote: 02 Mar 2019, 08:02
Yes, there was a time where it was unclear who the penalty taker was, which was the first game of the season. The rest is just not true. This is what's wrong with so many people: "It ain't what you don't know that gets you into trouble. It's what you know for sure that just ain't so."

So please enlighten us. Please allow me to go first:

Wilson has taken two penalties this season; His first against Cardiff in the first game of the season, which he missed. It was confusing as their designated first penalty taker, i.e. King was on the pitch but Wilson won the penalty, wanted to take it and King didn't want to argue on the pitch with him. His second was against Fulham in October, scored, when King was out injured.

All other penalties bar one were taken by King with Wilson on the pitch (Everton, Leicester, Watford) and two against Wolves last week (scoring one, missing one) where Wilson wasn't there.
The other one was taken and scored by Stanislas against Crystal Palace in October. King was subbed off earlier, for Stanislas, while Wilson was still on the pitch.

Facts matter!!
Ahhhh ok my mistake. I’m just going from memory tbf but I was pretty confident what I was saying was correct but obviously not. I’ll be getting King in now for sure.

flare2
Grumpy Old Man
FS Record: Consistently satisfactory

Post by flare2 »

AFCB fan: Wilson is not designated pen taker. For the last 6 years we haven’t had one and it’s rotated with a system of when you miss it passes to the next player.

Now that king has missed it may revert to Wilson but I suspect Stanislas will be above him and maybe brooks. Basically until the next pen it’s impossible to know who the AFCB pen taker will be.

Stemania
FISO Jedi Knight
Location: On the Iron Throne of xG, the seat of The Crown Prince of the Stat Perverts. Or if not, in the STC!
FS Record: Best: TFF 321st. FPL 129th. FFS Career HoF Peak 2nd (Live 1st). Ability since lost.

Post by Stemania »

That is suberb info, cheers f2. :mrgreen:

From4corners
FISO Jedi Knight

Post by From4corners »

Indeed, very useful! Many thanks!
xJosh- wrote: 03 Mar 2019, 20:43 I’ll be getting King in now for sure.
Best not then. :mrgreen: ;)

View Latest: 1 Day View Your posts

Return to “Fantasy PremierLeague.com (FPL)”