To see less ads Register or Login ----- Daily Fantasy Sports games 18+

Marcus Rashford

A Fantasy Football forum for news on fantasy football games run by the Premierleague (FPL).
Sutter Kane
Dumbledore
FS Record: Unknown.

Marcus Rashford

Post by Sutter Kane »

Anyone slightly worried about Rashford? Nothing to do with his missing this week (dead leg was the 'reason'). More to do with United's fixture schedule coming up - I can see Rashford playing in C.League, then against Chelsea in Cup, then against Liverpool in GW27. However after that are his easier two games of which I can see him playing a maximum of 1, possibly none of them since PSG and then Arsenal away follow quickly after. That's a really bad schedule considering he's going to miss GW31. I would prefer Rondon and that's saying something... :oops:

flare2
Grumpy Old Man
FS Record: Consistently satisfactory

Re: Marcus Rashford

Post by flare2 »

For me it’s a bit of a freebie, I bought him at 7.0 and even at 7.8 if there are the occasional games he doesn’t start that’s fine.

I’d actually prefer like today where he didn’t come on for a cameo role as that helps gets potentially higher scoring players of the bench (alas Shane long didn’t do anything today).

blahblah
FISO Viscount
Location: .. he thinks that he knows something which he doesn't, whereas I am quite concious of my ignorance.

Post by blahblah »

flare2 wrote: 10 Feb 2019, 10:58 I’d actually prefer like today where he didn’t come on for a cameo role
Yep.

I Am Ville
Red & Blue Braces
FS Record: FPL Best 5,025 (16/17)

Post by I Am Ville »

flare2 wrote: 10 Feb 2019, 10:58 For me it’s a bit of a freebie, I bought him at 7.0 and even at 7.8 if there are the occasional games he doesn’t start that’s fine.

I’d actually prefer like today where he didn’t come on for a cameo role as that helps gets potentially higher scoring players of the bench (alas Shane long didn’t do anything today).
Yeah awesome that he didn’t start as it enabled me to get Alonso’s -1 off the bench!!
FFS

White Tiger
Grumpy Old Man

Post by White Tiger »

I Am Ville wrote: 10 Feb 2019, 19:42
flare2 wrote: 10 Feb 2019, 10:58 For me it’s a bit of a freebie, I bought him at 7.0 and even at 7.8 if there are the occasional games he doesn’t start that’s fine.

Yeah awesome that he didn’t start as it enabled me to get Alonso’s -1 off the bench!!
FFS
Similar, with Luiz. To be honest, they're both lucky to get -1 :lol:

fred1266
Dumbledore
FS Record: EFCL Fantasy League & Jurassic League Winner 11/12, EFCL Fantasy League Winner 13/14. EFCL, FISO 5AS The Kangals, Jurassic League, 3DM PRINTERS TT & Trini Gunners Winner 14/15

Post by fred1266 »

I Am Ville wrote: 10 Feb 2019, 19:42

FFS
same here mate

Smurphy Paw
FISO Knight
FS Record: Mediocre, apparently
13/14: FPL 1792; FIFA 14 Top 700.
17/18: FPL 696th; loads of mini-League wins and side game promotions
18/19 1FC Köln 5AS Champions
#1 Spring Super League regular season 19/20 & 20/21

Post by Smurphy Paw »

flare2 wrote: 10 Feb 2019, 10:58 (alas Shane long didn’t do anything today).
Alas! It was bound to happen sooner or later :mrgreen:

MPTree
Grumpy Old Man

Post by MPTree »

He's the best value forward in the game right now, isn't he? I'm not worried about him and I never try to second guess attacking returns. Set and forget for me. As long as he's starting games, and as long as United continue to impress, I see little sense in taking him out (and certainly not for Rondon).

Sutter Kane
Dumbledore
FS Record: Unknown.

Post by Sutter Kane »

MPTree wrote: 11 Feb 2019, 18:35 He's the best value forward in the game right now, isn't he?
Yes right now, he's up there. I'm trying to predict when he'll start thus how many points I can expect going forward from now. In GW30/1 he's probably gone anyway as I can't have 8mn sitting around for GW31 and probably GW33. I stated (and wrote on fiso) I wouldn't be too surprised given Man United's fixtures that Rashford was benched the weekend just gone and now I'm more concerned about that possibility in the next few weeks. The only issue I have is that it costs a transfer or a -4. If I had nothing to do with 2 frees I'd ditch him immediately. I assume by the lack of specific replies that I'm the only one with this short term view? :D

blahblah
FISO Viscount
Location: .. he thinks that he knows something which he doesn't, whereas I am quite concious of my ignorance.

Post by blahblah »

He did have an injury and Lulu was pants so I'm not worried.

All this avoiding BGW's has an element of Fools Gold imho as he should outscore any non-Defender at his price point, assuming MU keep playing like they are.

Zimmerman
FISO Jedi Knight

Post by Zimmerman »

He’ll only outscore them if he’s playing.
If he’s deemed their best striker right now and gets rested in preparation for the cup games... it’s a real issue.

I think him and Martial are Uniteds main men (forward wise).

If he was injured/ill during the week then fair enough, maybe nothing to worry about.

The fact the oppositions is Liverpool in the next game, he has to play (for me personally I have Allison and Robertson... so it’s a different consideration).

raoul
Dumbledore
FS Record: Tied for OR 1st worldwide in FPL in GW5 in 21/22 (only to then finish 1m), and ranked 1st in TFF late in season 21/22 (eventual finish 95th). Won an old game called Football Fantastic. Best Fanteam finish 117th and cashed £150. Best FPL finish 2.4K.

Post by raoul »

Sutter Kane wrote: 11 Feb 2019, 19:48
MPTree wrote: 11 Feb 2019, 18:35 He's the best value forward in the game right now, isn't he?
Yes right now, he's up there. I'm trying to predict when he'll start thus how many points I can expect going forward from now. In GW30/1 he's probably gone anyway as I can't have 8mn sitting around for GW31 and probably GW33. I stated (and wrote on fiso) I wouldn't be too surprised given Man United's fixtures that Rashford was benched the weekend just gone and now I'm more concerned about that possibility in the next few weeks. The only issue I have is that it costs a transfer or a -4. If I had nothing to do with 2 frees I'd ditch him immediately. I assume by the lack of specific replies that I'm the only one with this short term view? :D
I am with you on this one. I can bench him through blanks but will not be keeping him that long unless he is guaranteed to play every league game. There are other options at that price who will, and who will score goals.

Magic
Grumpy Old Man
FS Record: Improving

Post by Magic »

raoul wrote: 11 Feb 2019, 20:56
Sutter Kane wrote: 11 Feb 2019, 19:48
I am with you on this one. I can bench him through blanks but will not be keeping him that long unless he is guaranteed to play every league game. There are other options at that price who will, and who will score goals.
Less likely that he's rested before the CL tie now the result is a foregone conclusion. OGS will be focusing on the league and the battle for top 4.

wonkypenguin
Grumpy Old Man

Post by wonkypenguin »

Magic wrote: 13 Feb 2019, 09:58 Less likely that he's rested before the CL tie now the result is a foregone conclusion. OGS will be focusing on the league and the battle for top 4.
Yup. Now they are as good as out, I am likely to bring in a 3rd ManU attacking player as well :)

raoul
Dumbledore
FS Record: Tied for OR 1st worldwide in FPL in GW5 in 21/22 (only to then finish 1m), and ranked 1st in TFF late in season 21/22 (eventual finish 95th). Won an old game called Football Fantastic. Best Fanteam finish 117th and cashed £150. Best FPL finish 2.4K.

Post by raoul »

And Pogba won't be wasted on a CL game

blahblah
FISO Viscount

Post by blahblah »

re 3rd; I brought Dr in last week on WC.

ajcairns
Grumpy Old Man
FS Record: Still Decidedly Average.

Post by ajcairns »

The only teams Man U will be fearful of are City and Liverpool. Arsenal and Chelsea wont be worrying them on current form. Unfortunately they are one of a few teams to still play both in the remaining 14 GWs, even if they have them both at Old Trafford.

I cant see me getting rid of Rashford for the rest of the season unless he gets a big injury, 3 game ban or falls completely out of favour with OGS (least likely).

Magic
Grumpy Old Man

Post by Magic »

ajcairns wrote: 14 Feb 2019, 09:23The only teams Man U will be fearful of are City and Liverpool. Arsenal and Chelsea wont be worrying them on current form. Unfortunately they are one of a few teams to still play both in the remaining 14 GWs, even if they have them both at Old Trafford.
They can certainly beat Liverpool at home. City are a different animal, but that is one game.

ajcairns
Grumpy Old Man
FS Record: Still Decidedly Average.

Post by ajcairns »

Definately Magic, and that's why he's not leaving my team any time soon.

raoul
Dumbledore

Post by raoul »

I have little doubt Rashford will play every league game, especially with the CL looking an unlikely victory and Martial out injured. And he is clearly in form.

But he has a tricky fixture this week, Arsenal away in GW30, and then blanks in 31 and 33. So I think he depends on your chip usage. Those playing through GW31 and 33 will probably dump him either now, or from GW30, then buy back in 34. Those using a FH in 31 will probably hold him and just bench in 33.

Magic
Grumpy Old Man

Post by Magic »

raoul wrote: 21 Feb 2019, 11:29Martial out injured.
Seeing various internet rumours that he might be back a lot sooner than expected. Lingard, too.

First Sub Podcast
Grumpy Old Man
FS Record: Twitter @TheFirstSub_FPL

Post by First Sub Podcast »

Time to drop him now?

Even for those that have a lot of value tied up?

Palace away (injured)
Saints (probably injured)
Arsenal away
Blank

Possible replacements:

Rondon
Arnie
King
Barnes

Pirlo's Beard
FISO Jedi Knight

Post by Pirlo's Beard »

The Toon Man wrote: 25 Feb 2019, 06:27 Possible replacements:

Rondon
Arnie
King
Barnes
You could add Wood to that list, I'm pretty sure he'll be my Rashford replacement. Already have Rondón; the timing isn't right for King; I'm maxed on West Ham and don't trust Arnie's glass limbs anyway (or trust West Ham's attack enough to double up on it).

Barnes v Wood is 50/50 but I've always felt that Wood is the better finisher so he gets the nod for me. Barnes of course has penalties but Burnley don't get many of them, as Tall Paul can tell you.

Oxford NZ
Dumbledore
FS Record: They think it's all over!

Post by Oxford NZ »

Pirlo's Beard wrote: 25 Feb 2019, 06:45
The Toon Man wrote: 25 Feb 2019, 06:27 Possible replacements:

Rondon
Arnie
King
Barnes
You could add Wood to that list, I'm pretty sure he'll be my Rashford replacement. Already have Rondón; the timing isn't right for King; I'm maxed on West Ham and don't trust Arnie's glass limbs anyway (or trust West Ham's attack enough to double up on it).

Barnes v Wood is 50/50 but I've always felt that Wood is the better finisher so he gets the nod for me. Barnes of course has penalties but Burnley don't get many of them, as Tall Paul can tell you.
i have gone with Rondon due to fixtures but nothing wrong with holding a King Wood combo :wink:

RuudTheDudeVanTheMan
Dumbledore
FS Record: Pioneer and perpetual main protagonist of the prestigious perennial Phlegmiership. Other than that particularly pointless prize pretty average.

2 time Divisional Championships Premier League winner :)

Post by RuudTheDudeVanTheMan »

Just switched to Rondon as well

blahblah
FISO Viscount

Post by blahblah »

I'm looking at Vardy

The Royal BlueNose
Grumpy Old Man
FS Record: Average at best!

Post by The Royal BlueNose »

I've gone Chris Wood, as Burnley have a great run upto 35 (minus Liverpool away) and also play 31 where I don't have a Free Hit left so need players in. Also feels more of the differential with 0.8% ownership.

On form I'd say him and Rondon are the picks and like mentioned above I don't see Rashford getting many points or playing all games over the next few weeks. Definitely see Lukaku playing Palace and Southampton in the next week, where I'm happy to just have Pogba as Man U coverage.

Caf
Grumpy Old Man
FS Record: Mostly 250k finishes!

Post by Caf »

I can stretch up to Higuain - thinking about him given his utility for the GW31-33 run.

If I go to Rondón, I’ll have 4.9 ITB so will look for ways to take a -4 and put that money to use.

blahblah
FISO Viscount

Post by blahblah »

Caf wrote: 25 Feb 2019, 09:39 I can stretch up to Higuain - thinking about him given his utility for the GW31-33 run.

If I go to Rondón, I’ll have 4.9 ITB so will look for ways to take a -4 and put that money to use.
Are you unaware of the car, coach and train wreck that was Chelsea yesterday?

Ironfist
FISO Knight
FS Record: FPL 09/10 - 1824th

Post by Ironfist »

blahblah wrote: 25 Feb 2019, 09:42
Caf wrote: 25 Feb 2019, 09:39 I can stretch up to Higuain - thinking about him given his utility for the GW31-33 run.

Are you unaware of the car, coach and train wreck that was Chelsea yesterday?
Didn't Chelsea draw 120 mins with the PL best team?

View Latest: 1 Day View Your posts

Return to “Fantasy PremierLeague.com (FPL)”