To see less ads Register or Login ----- Daily Fantasy Sports games 18+

Manchester City

A Fantasy Football forum for news on fantasy football games run by the Premierleague (FPL).
cesc408
Grumpy Old Man

Re: Manchester City (inc KDB injury implications)

Post by cesc408 »

Interesting that Mahrez was yet again an unused sub. Seems pretty low down the list. Hasn't featured at all in the last 4 league games.

I'm personally tempted to take a -4 removing Rich and Hazard for Sane and Sterling.

raoul
Dumbledore
FS Record: Tied for OR 1st worldwide in FPL in GW5 in 21/22 (only to then finish 1m), and ranked 1st in TFF late in season 21/22 (eventual finish 95th). Won an old game called Football Fantastic. Best Fanteam finish 117th and cashed £150. Best FPL finish 2.4K.

Post by raoul »

For me it feels less about which players to bring in for DGW and more about who gets sacrificed for the week. Both MC fixtures look tricky and they need 2 wins. I reckon Aguero starts both but if they get ahead by 2 he'll be whipped, in the Everton game at least.

Sterling may well get 180 minutes.

Kuchi
FISOhead
FS Record: Best: 16/17- 481

Post by Kuchi »

Danilo could be an interesting one. But no idea who will play both out of Danilo/Stones. Might just bench Digne and play AWB then save the transfer. Can't see any perfect replacement for Digne atm. Ideally for me would be TAA.

Joccki_10
Grumpy Old Joker
FS Record: 16/17: 55 OR, 1 FISO Forum, 1 NLD and FISO Cup Winner

Post by Joccki_10 »

cesc408 wrote:Interesting that Mahrez was yet again an unused sub. Seems pretty low down the list. Hasn't featured at all in the last 4 league games.

I'm personally tempted to take a -4 removing Rich and Hazard for Sane and Sterling.
Richarlison has a DGW. Hazard plays Huddersfield at home.

Personally I see a lot of odd moves being made around here just to get some City players in. Hazard is a potential captaincy candidate for me.

cesc408
Grumpy Old Man

Post by cesc408 »

Joccki_10 wrote: 30 Jan 2019, 14:00
cesc408 wrote:Interesting that Mahrez was yet again an unused sub. Seems pretty low down the list. Hasn't featured at all in the last 4 league games.

Richarlison has a DGW. Hazard plays Huddersfield at home.

Personally I see a lot of odd moves being made around here just to get some City players in. Hazard is a potential captaincy candidate for me.
Hazard then has City away followed by a blank anyway then he plays Spurs. Rich has a DGW but they seem pretty poor most weeks and things don't look like changing.

Thing probably swaying me on a decision like this is the fact I'm chasing teams in my ML and have to take a punt here and there. City could easily put 5 past a defenceless Arsenal with some mega points hauls, and Everton aint exactly watertight.

carver
Grumpy Old Man
FS Record: Top 50k last 4 seasons . Mr Consistent

Post by carver »

Is this Laporte to left back shift permanent? And does it lead to the demise of Sane or rotation between Sterling/Sane at RW? Does he want Otamendi in for more aggression?

Finisher1
Dumbledore

Post by Finisher1 »

carver wrote: 07 Feb 2019, 10:41 Is this Laporte to left back shift permanent? And does it lead to the demise of Sane or rotation between Sterling/Sane at RW? Does he want Otamendi in for more aggression?
This question is spot on. I think left back Laporte looked like a really nice FPL asset, gets in good positions and puts some crosses to the box. I'd also like to know if this is now likely to be a permanent thing and how it might affect Sane and Sterling?

Stevieste
Dumbledore
FS Record: 24,360

Post by Stevieste »

Finisher1 wrote: 07 Feb 2019, 12:18
carver wrote: 07 Feb 2019, 10:41 Is this Laporte to left back shift permanent? And does it lead to the demise of Sane or rotation between Sterling/Sane at RW? Does he want Otamendi in for more aggression?
This question is spot on. I think left back Laporte looked like a really nice FPL asset, gets in good positions and puts some crosses to the box. I'd also like to know if this is now likely to be a permanent thing and how it might affect Sane and Sterling?
It would affect Sane a lot more than Sterling, i think he trusts Sterling alot and he is one of his main men these days.

I think Lapotre holds that role until Mendy back, as he is cleary there best defender and will only be rested when they have weak oppostion like in Fa cup etc

Zimmerman
FISO Jedi Knight

Post by Zimmerman »

By my reckoning Laporte has played LB four times this season... 3 of those with Sane as the LF

Hoffenheim (a) won 2-1
Liverpool (h) won 2-1
Everton (a) won 2-0

Arsenal (h) he didn’t and obviously last night he was hooked at 59mins

It’s weird with Sane, including last night he’s started 13/15 all comps. But omitted for Arsenal at home and the brought off last night and looked thoroughly pissed off when he was.

Zimmerman
FISO Jedi Knight

Post by Zimmerman »

Bernardo seems to be a Pep favourite this season, so with KdB fit does that mean its Sterling or Sane for LF (and Sterling is the preferred choice)?

Stevieste
Dumbledore
FS Record: 24,360

Post by Stevieste »

Sane Dropped in price twice this week, you just know he is going to get double points against Chelsea now after that 1 point in DGW.

Im going to stick with him for a while anyway until Mendy returns, He could be a good differential now and i have a enough cover for the BGW after Chelsea.

Stemania
FISO Jedi Knight
Location: On the Iron Throne of xG, the seat of The Crown Prince of the Stat Perverts. Or if not, in the STC!
FS Record: Best: TFF 321st. FPL 129th. FFS Career HoF Peak 2nd (Live 1st). Ability since lost.

Re: Manchester City

Post by Stemania »

Slight cat in pigeons time as Jesus has apparently picked up a hamstring strain, and could be out for at least 2 weeks.

https://www.101greatgoals.com/news/man- ... e-injured/

Makes going without Kun after GW27 a little more scary. :shock:

blahblah
FISO Viscount
Location: .. he thinks that he knows something which he doesn't, whereas I am quite concious of my ignorance.

Post by blahblah »

And Kane should be starting by then, so cash up top could be handy?

slyger
FISOhead

Post by slyger »

Stemania wrote: 19 Feb 2019, 11:49 Slight cat in pigeons time as Jesus has apparently picked up a hamstring strain, and could be out for at least 2 weeks.

https://www.101greatgoals.com/news/man- ... e-injured/

Makes going without Kun after GW27 a little more scary. :shock:
With that bit of news I wonder if now is the time to finally drop Sterling to free up funds for Kun? I could take a hit this GW and bring in Auba for Barnes/Jimenez funded by Sterling to either bench fodder or a mid in the 6 range. The plan would then be to swap Auba for Kun the following GW. Does that sound like a massive punt?

hancockjr
Dumbledore
FS Record: FPL: Not as good as it was, but still very respectable.

Post by hancockjr »

If Aguero needs a rest, Sterling would likely play up front. Though that may not increase his potential points.

View Latest: 1 Day View Your posts

Return to “Fantasy PremierLeague.com (FPL)”