To see less ads Register or Login ----- Daily Fantasy Sports games 18+

Will you be using your Triple Captain chip in this DGW25?

A Fantasy Football forum for news on fantasy football games run by the Premierleague (FPL).

Will you be using your Triple Captain chip in this DGW25?

Poll ended at 02 Feb 2019, 23:23

Yes I will
22%
No, I have already used it
8%
No, I am using a different Chip
3%
No I won’t
68%

Total votes: 79

No Way Jose
Grumpy Old Man
FS Record: Fluked first season

Re: Will you be using your Triple Captain chip in this DGW25?

Post by No Way Jose »

😭

Highlander12
FISOhead

Post by Highlander12 »

Sane TC Sterling VC is currently very painful.

Vsz
Grumpy Old Man
FS Record: Won lots of cash leagues and was once, very briefly, top of TFF. Finished 15th too. Various top 5K and 10K FPL finishes

Post by Vsz »

I am on the same mate, but think many in the same boat and Sane yet to play.

Wish he had got on even for a few mins for 2 points vs Ars. Ideally he won't play at all this week now...!!

Stevieste
Dumbledore
FS Record: 24,360

Post by Stevieste »

Vsz wrote: ↑04 Feb 2019, 18:12 I am on the same mate, but think many in the same boat and Sane yet to play.

Wish he had got on even for a few mins for 2 points vs Ars. Ideally he won't play at all this week now...!!
3 points πŸ˜‰

Highlander12
FISOhead

Post by Highlander12 »

Stevieste wrote: ↑04 Feb 2019, 20:48
Vsz wrote: ↑04 Feb 2019, 18:12 I am on the same mate, but think many in the same boat and Sane yet to play.

3 points πŸ˜‰
I don't think he tripled captained, just captained Sane.

I'm still hoping Sane can bag a goal and 2 assists tomorrow night. Either that or not feature at all to let Sterling take over. Nagging feeling he has a late cameo though, my triple captain always fails.

Vsz
Grumpy Old Man
FS Record: Won lots of cash leagues and was once, very briefly, top of TFF. Finished 15th too. Various top 5K and 10K FPL finishes

Post by Vsz »

Highlander12 wrote: ↑05 Feb 2019, 12:51

3 points πŸ˜‰

I'm still hoping Sane can bag a goal and 2 assists tomorrow night. Either that or not feature at all to let Sterling take over. Nagging feeling he has a late cameo though, my triple captain always fails.
Yeah I captained him but didn't TC thankfully. Holding out to see what Chelsea DGW's will be (Haz/Gonzo).

Highlander12
FISOhead

Post by Highlander12 »

Vsz wrote: ↑07 Feb 2019, 15:20
Highlander12 wrote: ↑05 Feb 2019, 12:51

3 points πŸ˜‰

Yeah I captained him but didn't TC thankfully. Holding out to see what Chelsea DGW's will be (Haz/Gonzo).
I wish I still had that luxury. At least next year can only go better...3 points on Kane last year, 1 point on Sane this year :D

Sutter Kane
Dumbledore
FS Record: Unknown.

Post by Sutter Kane »

Highlander12 wrote: ↑07 Feb 2019, 16:23 I wish I still had that luxury. At least next year can only go better...3 points on Kane last year, 1 point on Sane this year :D
Well that's technically not correct... 8-)

Taksim_Red
Wideboy

Post by Taksim_Red »

Yes. Of course I TC'd Aguero. Seemed like the obvious choice. Even for this Liverpool fan!

57 big ones. Surprised so few took the chance.

Vsz
Grumpy Old Man

Post by Vsz »

Well done mate.

Stevieste
Dumbledore
FS Record: 24,360

Post by Stevieste »

Taksim_Red wrote: ↑07 Feb 2019, 16:46 Yes. Of course I TC'd Aguero. Seemed like the obvious choice. Even for this Liverpool fan!

Hinsight is a wonderful thing.

Lets be honest you never really expected a hat trick in the 1st game ?

I think it was an equal split between Aguero, Sterling or Sane.

Nobody expected Sane to get 1 point in 2 games with the form he was in, i had Sterling TC myself amd he could have easily matched Aguero points or bettered them.

snout
FISO Knight
FS Record: a slice of that cake, over there

Post by snout »

Personally, and without the benefit of hindsight, I thought Aguero - by my eye test and through reported stats from others - was due a haul. I thought he would score well - 1 or 2 goals plus maybe an assist - against Arsenal's shoddy defence, plus he likes playing against the bigger clubs, especially at home. And I was reasonably convinced he'd play both games, although wasn't convinced he'd score well against Everton away from home. Which is how it panned out.

Obviously still a gamble but I felt much more comfortable with him than Sterling as (tc). Not had Sane all season so can't really comment on that.

Highlander12
FISOhead

Post by Highlander12 »

Sutter Kane wrote: ↑07 Feb 2019, 16:41
Highlander12 wrote: ↑07 Feb 2019, 16:23 I wish I still had that luxury. At least next year can only go better...3 points on Kane last year, 1 point on Sane this year :D
Well that's technically not correct... 8-)
I did consider that...next year...missed penalty followed my a first half red card for Aubameyang against Burnley. I look forward to it :lol:

Taksim_Red
Wideboy

Post by Taksim_Red »

Stevieste wrote: ↑07 Feb 2019, 21:04
Taksim_Red wrote: ↑07 Feb 2019, 16:46 Yes. Of course I TC'd Aguero. Seemed like the obvious choice. Even for this Liverpool fan!

Hinsight is a wonderful thing.

Lets be honest you never really expected a hat trick in the 1st game ?

I think it was an equal split between Aguero, Sterling or Sane.

Nobody expected Sane to get 1 point in 2 games with the form he was in, i had Sterling TC myself amd he could have easily matched Aguero points or bettered them.
Foresight is a wonderful thing too! ;)

You are correct though. I wasn't quite expecting a hattrick first game. But I was expecting some kind of decent haul over the two games.

Reasons being Aguero had scored 3 goals in his last four 60+ minute Prem appearances (and found the back of the net twice in his previous game against Newcastle - regardless of the ref blowing or not). He also has a fantastic record against both Arsenal and Everton which to me seemed a huge incentive.

Whereas Sterling, whom I don't have, has scored once since GW17 and Sane, whom I do, well as we know is a huge rotation risk.

I didn't fear Aguero being dropped as much as he's still the main man for City who were / are the chasers in the title race and had just been given a massive shot in the arm after my team failed to beat Leicester.

I was expecting to see a large thread on here about it. Similar to the Kane DGW thread last January (although I accept some of that might've been due to Kane's yellow flag).

There's only thirteen weeks to go and I've still got my other two chips plus WC remaining. So thought I've got to burn them sometime.

My biggest mistake last week was trsnsfering Kosalniac > Danilo instead of Laporte. But at least the Danilo tx has allowed me to do Lingard > Son this week, with Β£0.2 left in the bank, and without a 4 point hit.

Anyway I'm glad to say nobody else in my superleague thought similar and I've been fortunate enough to extend my lead to 39 points.

View Latest: 1 Day View Your posts

Return to β€œFantasy PremierLeague.com (FPL)”