To see less ads Register or Login ----- Daily Fantasy Sports games 18+

Trent Alexander-Arnold

A Fantasy Football forum for news on fantasy football games run by the Premierleague (FPL).

TAA

Keep
50%
Sell
50%

Total votes: 52

Stemania
FISO Jedi Knight
Location: On the Iron Throne of xG, the seat of The Crown Prince of the Stat Perverts. Or if not, in the STC!
FS Record: Best: TFF 321st. FPL 129th. FFS Career HoF Peak 2nd (Live 1st). Ability since lost.

Re: Trent Alexander-Arnold

Post by Stemania »

Good news.

It did feel as if there was something a little fishy about the reports saying it was a knee injury when at the time the talk was of an ankle injury.

A definite keep then for me. Will field him in the hope he starts as I don't see a subbing on as particularly likely :)

brencarr
Grumpy Old Man
FS Record: TFF best finish; 60th 2013/14

Post by brencarr »

um09a2k wrote: 18 Jan 2019, 22:59
brencarr wrote: 18 Jan 2019, 20:26 That red flag was not FPL's finest hour, or Klopp's, or somebody in the chain (including me). In the last week I've transferred TAA in AND out of my team due to reports of a month-long absence .... and my rubbish bench .... and my inability to remain patient :evil:

The only thing that can save me now is his replacement (VVD) having a stormer.
This is why you only go by official quotes directly from the club/manager.
Indeed - not my finest hour :roll:

Finisher1
Dumbledore

Post by Finisher1 »

um09a2k wrote: 18 Jan 2019, 22:59
brencarr wrote: 18 Jan 2019, 20:26 That red flag was not FPL's finest hour, or Klopp's, or somebody in the chain (including me). In the last week I've transferred TAA in AND out of my team due to reports of a month-long absence .... and my rubbish bench .... and my inability to remain patient :evil:

The only thing that can save me now is his replacement (VVD) having a stormer.
This is why you only go by official quotes directly from the club/manager.
Then you are missing a lot of valuable information.

Obviously not every source is equally reliable, so you have to assess what level of reliability you give to each source. That is actually the real skill of a good FPL manager - to find a massive amount of information and then assess which information is important and which isn't. I give you an example: if you didn't listen to Anfield Express last season then all of us who listened to him had a very big edge over you, because every time we knew what the Liverpool lineup was going to be, and you didn't.

Sure, we did take a risk that this guy was just talking bullshit. But we calculated that this risk was worth to take, because he was a known ITK and had a perfect reputation at predicting Liverpool lineup. So we took that risk and it was worth it, because he ended up having a 100% success rate all season :)

murf
FISO Viscount
FS Record: Once led TFF. Very briefly.

Post by murf »

The In The Know is now rotting In The Leicester Reserves :lol:

Tall Paul
Dumbledore

Post by Tall Paul »

murf wrote: 19 Jan 2019, 10:42 The In The Know is now rotting In The Leicester Reserves :lol:
Not a great deal of difference from rotting in the Liverpool reserves then. At least he gets to sit on the bench at Leicester.

Finisher1
Dumbledore

Post by Finisher1 »

murf wrote: 19 Jan 2019, 10:42 The In The Know is now rotting In The Leicester Reserves :lol:
Yeah, I have noticed there is now a very reliable ITK in Leicester. Is he the same backup goalkeeper who was supposed to be behind Anfield Express as well? What a guy :lol:

Archy
Grumpy Old Man
FS Record: Maybe all is not lost after all

Post by Archy »

Excuse me, when were managers ever reliable regarding injury news?

dino1980
Grumpy Old Man
FS Record: FPL Best, 1,000th 2014-15.

Post by dino1980 »

Quote from Klopp on TAA: The Liverpool manager admitted: “I can imagine what people think about this situation but you have to make decisions in moments when decisions are on the table. That’s why Clyney (Nathaniel Clyne) is not here any more. In that moment we had plenty of options and now we don’t have them. Trent got an injury and it’s serious but not that serious. He will be back early but I don’t know if early enough for the next game. Maybe the game after.

murf
FISO Viscount
FS Record: Once led TFF. Very briefly.

Post by murf »

dino1980 wrote: 21 Jan 2019, 13:19 Quote from Klopp on TAA: The Liverpool manager admitted: “I can imagine what people think about this situation but you have to make decisions in moments when decisions are on the table. That’s why Clyney (Nathaniel Clyne) is not here any more. In that moment we had plenty of options and now we don’t have them. Trent got an injury and it’s serious but not that serious. He will be back early but I don’t know if early enough for the next game. Maybe the game after.
That's from The Daily Mirror yesterday (at least where I found it first referenced the Mirror). I think it was a quote after the Palace game (ie that wasn't "the next game") but can't be 100% sure. A fuller version of the quote with added optimism:

"Trent got an injury and it’s serious but not that serious. “He will be back early but I don’t know if early enough for the next game. Maybe the game after. Everyone gives me the feeling, Trent as well, that that is absolutely possible."
https://www.mirror.co.uk/sport/football ... n-13884618

Not sure how they are unsure about a game 11 days later when they thought he could have made saturday!

Turd Ferguson
FISOhead

Post by Turd Ferguson »

Does Klopp have a history of being over optimistic about injuries? Some managers consistently do. I seem to remember Roberto Martinez being “hopeful” over a player’s availability even if they’d torn an ACL the week prior.

tarkens
Grumpy Old Man

Post by tarkens »

not really, i remember him being rather cautious when discussing Liverpool players' injuries, but i don't have any quotes to back it up ;)

dino1980
Grumpy Old Man
FS Record: FPL Best, 1,000th 2014-15.

Post by dino1980 »

murf wrote: 21 Jan 2019, 17:53
dino1980 wrote: 21 Jan 2019, 13:19 Quote from Klopp on TAA: The Liverpool manager admitted: “I can imagine what people think about this situation but you have to make decisions in moments when decisions are on the table. That’s why Clyney (Nathaniel Clyne) is not here any more. In that moment we had plenty of options and now we don’t have them. Trent got an injury and it’s serious but not that serious. He will be back early but I don’t know if early enough for the next game. Maybe the game after.
That's from The Daily Mirror yesterday (at least where I found it first referenced the Mirror). I think it was a quote after the Palace game (ie that wasn't "the next game") but can't be 100% sure. A fuller version of the quote with added optimism:

"Trent got an injury and it’s serious but not that serious. “He will be back early but I don’t know if early enough for the next game. Maybe the game after. Everyone gives me the feeling, Trent as well, that that is absolutely possible."
https://www.mirror.co.uk/sport/football ... n-13884618

Not sure how they are unsure about a game 11 days later when they thought he could have made saturday!
It's from an article on The Guardian, but the quote almost certainly came from the same press conference. https://www.theguardian.com/football/20 ... tune-title

Resonare
Grumpy Old Man

Post by Resonare »

Really can't trust Klopp anymore. Somehow TAA was close for Palace but has been ruled out 3 weeks later for West Ham :lol:

Ruth_NZ
Grumpy Old Gorilla

Post by Ruth_NZ »

He'll be back when he is back. 8-)

From4corners
FISO Jedi Knight

Post by From4corners »

How come he hasn't dropped in price yet, what the f..

Kuchi
FISOhead
FS Record: Best: 16/17- 481

Post by Kuchi »

Really want him in. Digne to him is in my mind for sure.

View Latest: 1 Day View Your posts

Return to “Fantasy PremierLeague.com (FPL)”