To see less ads Register or Login ----- Daily Fantasy Sports games 18+

Will you be using your Triple Captain chip in this DGW25?

A Fantasy Football forum for news on fantasy football games run by the Premierleague (FPL).

Poll ended at 02 Feb 2019, 23:23

Yes I will
22%
No, I have already used it
8%
No, I am using a different Chip
3%
No I won’t
68%

Total votes: 79

Smurphy Paw
FISO Knight
FS Record: Mediocre, apparently
13/14: FPL 1792; FIFA 14 Top 700.
17/18: FPL 696th; loads of mini-League wins and side game promotions
18/19 1FC Köln 5AS Champions
#1 Spring Super League regular season 19/20 & 20/21

Post by Smurphy Paw »

For those who say, ‘Yes’, there is then the choice of who to give the arm band to. That can hopefully be picked up in the Captaincy thread

pokeface
Red & Blue Braces

Re: Will you be using your Triple Captain chip in this DGW25?

Post by pokeface »

My initial thoughts were yes, but after City only scoring one today (4 shots on target) I am really not sure. If you could guarantee me 90 minutes of Aguero for both games I’d probably take a punt on him.

fred1266
Dumbledore
FS Record: EFCL Fantasy League & Jurassic League Winner 11/12, EFCL Fantasy League Winner 13/14. EFCL, FISO 5AS The Kangals, Jurassic League, 3DM PRINTERS TT & Trini Gunners Winner 14/15

Post by fred1266 »

The plus side is that now if Pool win tomorrow City will hve to play a strong side every week so they wouldnt lose groumd

Finisher1
Dumbledore

Post by Finisher1 »

I could play it for Aguero if I knew for sure he would start both matches. But I think he is far from nailed to start both, in fact I'd suggest he is even less than 50% to start both! What is everyone else thinking?

yttod1010
FISOhead

Post by yttod1010 »

im tempted to bring in jesus , but not triple capt

dino1980
Grumpy Old Man
FS Record: FPL Best, 1,000th 2014-15.

Post by dino1980 »

I’ll be playing it on one of Sterling or Sane. Probably Sterling. Not worried at all about last night’s performance, we know Rafa’a teams are very organised and tough to break down.

Of more importance is that they face an Arsenal side who gave up 19(!) shots to Cardiff last night and an Everton side who gave up 10 to Huddersfield.

Mike1989
Treebeard

Post by Mike1989 »

I have Aguero, Richarlison and Digne (transfer out when I decide who for). I'm not tempted to triple Richarlison or Aguero. In years gone by I'd go for Aguero, but there's rotation risk since Pep could start Jesus for one of the games, or sub Aguero early for Jesus. So I think I'll wait on using the triple. Probably regret it, but hey ho!

swadd1er
Dumbledore

Post by swadd1er »

Not risking it in this DGW. I’d rather Salah in a SGW against Cardiff/Huddersfield near the end of the season if necessary. I don’t fancy taking the punt on Aguero playing both games.

Complete lottery as to what team Pep’s going to field on Sunday. Even more so after last nights performance. I expect Bernardo/Mahrez to start.

Stevieste
Dumbledore
FS Record: 24,360

Post by Stevieste »

Im going to stick to my plan of using TC on Sterling or Sane.

The only threat to there postion is B Silva or Mahrez.

B Silva can also play a deeper role if KDB still not fully fit or Dilva 33years old cant play 2 in a week.

Then its just a case of who plays more out of Sane and Sterlng and im leaning towards Sterling myself and will use my TC on him.

As said above Arsenal are awful at defending and there form of defence is to attack so will play right into Man city hands.
If Man city smash Arsenal like im expecting then and Sterling gets a nice haul, then its not the end if the world if he only plays last 20-30 mins against a poor Everton defence also

Lucky
Grumpy Old Man

Post by Lucky »

No, not for me. I was considering using my Free Hit chip, but the ongoing rotation at City and the inconsistency of Everton gives me the feeling, there will be better opportunities.

Following the dismissal of Digne I have only got Agüero who I think is still the best bet.

Stena Bib
FISOhead
FS Record: Finished 530 FPL 2018/19

Post by Stena Bib »

Stevieste wrote: 30 Jan 2019, 11:48 Im going to stick to my plan of using TC on Sterling or Sane.

B Silva can also play a deeper role if KDB still not fully fit or Dilva 33years old cant play 2 in a week.

Then its just a case of who plays more out of Sane and Sterlng and im leaning towards Sterling myself and will use my TC on him.

As said above Arsenal are awful at defending and there form of defence is to attack so will play right into Man city hands.
If Man city smash Arsenal like im expecting then and Sterling gets a nice haul, then its not the end if the world if he only plays last 20-30 mins against a poor Everton defence also
I would expect Arsenal to play more like their game against Chelsea. [ both Auba and Lacca doing a lot of defensive work].

Stevieste
Dumbledore

Post by Stevieste »

Stena Bib wrote: 31 Jan 2019, 13:05
Stevieste wrote: 30 Jan 2019, 11:48 Im going to stick to my plan of using TC on Sterling or Sane.

I would expect Arsenal to play more like their game against Chelsea. [ both Auba and Lacca doing a lot of defensive work].
They have no defenders at the moment Arsenal and Chelsea just lost 4-0 to Bournemouth, so there not a very good example haha

Stena Bib
FISOhead
FS Record: Finished 530 FPL 2018/19

Post by Stena Bib »

Stevieste wrote: 31 Jan 2019, 17:04

They have no defenders at the moment Arsenal and Chelsea just lost 4-0 to Bournemouth, so there not a very good example haha
Bookmarked :D

Stevieste
Dumbledore

Post by Stevieste »

Stena Bib wrote: 31 Jan 2019, 19:05
Stevieste wrote: 31 Jan 2019, 17:04

Bookmarked :D
:lol:

Owsler
Dumbledore

Post by Owsler »

No to TC. Might use my Free Hit though.

sibrown4
Grumpy Old Man
FS Record: TFC Lions 2nd in League of Leagues Triumph. Draft FPL/TFF Combo League Winner 2018-19

Post by sibrown4 »

Free hit chip is a temptation. Triple captain risky. Can easily see Aguero Sterling only starting one of two games.

Stevieste
Dumbledore

Post by Stevieste »

sibrown4 wrote: 01 Feb 2019, 07:46 Free hit chip is a temptation. Triple captain risky. Can easily see Aguero Sterling only starting one of two games.
If they only do start one game though and come on in last 30 mins of the other, surley in a team like Man City they can still get decent points.
The TC is designed for DGW and who to say there is any better gameweeks than this to use in the future.

The problem i think is with Man City is actually picking the correct TC as you can guranteee, that one of Aguero, Sterling, Sane will get big points, especially after that Newcastle result

Stevieste
Dumbledore

Post by Stevieste »

Shame Everton so poor this season as Richarlison will definatly play both games and he would be some differential as a TC and has 2 home games as well

raoul
Dumbledore
FS Record: Tied for OR 1st worldwide in FPL in GW5 in 21/22 (only to then finish 1m), and ranked 1st in TFF late in season 21/22 (eventual finish 95th). Won an old game called Football Fantastic. Best Fanteam finish 117th and cashed £150. Best FPL finish 2.4K.

Post by raoul »

under different circumstances Mr Hazard would be looking like a TC contender this week. If Chelsea had got their DGW this week...

Resonare
Grumpy Old Man

Post by Resonare »

Worth a read...

https://fplreplace.wordpress.com/2019/0 ... r-trouble/

I'm currently on Sane TC, Kun TVC atm. I expect Kun to start the Arsenal and Chelsea games but I reckon Sane will start both Arsenal and Everton.

raoul
Dumbledore
FS Record: Tied for OR 1st worldwide in FPL in GW5 in 21/22 (only to then finish 1m), and ranked 1st in TFF late in season 21/22 (eventual finish 95th). Won an old game called Football Fantastic. Best Fanteam finish 117th and cashed £150. Best FPL finish 2.4K.

Post by raoul »

Resonare wrote: 01 Feb 2019, 11:08 Worth a read...

I'm currently on Sane TC, Kun TVC atm. I expect Kun to start the Arsenal and Chelsea games but I reckon Sane will start both Arsenal and Everton.
Interesting article. But I am not convinced by some of the arguments.

- After DGW25, MC have Chelsea. After a DGW32, MC would have either an FA Cup SF, or Cardiff. Right now, the Chelsea game probably demands players to be ready more than the FA Cup, and Cardiff at home would allow rest/rotation.

- if DGW32 happens for MC, one of the games is Fulham away. OK the other is a Manc derby away, but DGW32 has some appeal surely (and DGW32 for MC looks virtually certain to happen)

- Seems odd to me to be focussing on a potential Arsenal DGW32, when that relies on Wolves winning 2 cup games first

- Chelsea ... well GW32 is some way off, and if they continue to not play for their manager then I doubt it will be allowed to last until then. One way or the other it will be sorted by then surely, and Hazard is likely to have at least one juicy DGW, in which he will probably play 180 mins and get a lot of the ball.

I do not see Sane as a terrible TC pick this week. However, I am not even sure he will be my C, let alone a TC.

BobMem
Grumpy Old Man
FS Record: The Graduates - FISO 5AS H2H Champions 13/14
FISO King of Rock and Roll - Elimination game winner 2015/16

Post by BobMem »

Really interesting write up, but FFS his<>he's.

Stevieste
Dumbledore

Post by Stevieste »

Interesting read that, but im still sticking with Sterling TC and Sane V.

I made the decsion as soon as knew there was a potential DGW25 amd if i change it now and Stering gets a big haul i wont forgive myself.

Plus Sterling is defo due to do something he been quiet recently and should be fresh enough for both prem games seen as never played in them cup matches.

Would also say that Pep slightly favours Sterling over Sane when comes to getting 90 mins in a game

Kuchi
FISOhead
FS Record: Best: 16/17- 481

Post by Kuchi »

I used it earlier, however if I had it I would for sure use it this week on Aguero. Again if I had him.

Smurphy Paw
FISO Knight
FS Record: Mediocre, apparently
13/14: FPL 1792; FIFA 14 Top 700.
17/18: FPL 696th; loads of mini-League wins and side game promotions
18/19 1FC Köln 5AS Champions
#1 Spring Super League regular season 19/20 & 20/21

Post by Smurphy Paw »

After a week of changing my mind and changing it again I am currently on Aguero TC, Sané TVC

blahblah
FISO Viscount
Location: .. he thinks that he knows something which he doesn't, whereas I am quite concious of my ignorance.

Post by blahblah »

BobMem wrote: 01 Feb 2019, 11:53 Really interesting write up, but FFS his<>he's.
:shock: :lol:

S_sutton87
Grumpy Old Man

Post by S_sutton87 »

Tempted to put it on kdb just not sure he will start both games suppose that's the case for all City attackers tho

Sent from my H8216 using Tapatalk

From4corners
FISO Jedi Knight

Post by From4corners »

Resonare wrote: 01 Feb 2019, 11:08 Worth a read...

I don't think it's worth reading at all.
The traditional wisdom is to Wildcard GW30, Free GW31 then use your chips GW32/35 but there is a problem with this
Indeed there is as he's/his not considering other alternatives.

Also:
consider that Arsenal hardly look great at the moment
a team that at the moment is averaging 1 goal per game at the moment, I cannot consider you in this conversation.
Wolves currently on form at the moment
the alternatives are extremely unappealing/risky and right now
Bla bla bla, it's all based on current form while the other DGW's are weeks/months away. Therefore, I don't find it worth reading at all. Also, when you promote yourself as FPL Punisher... well alright :lol:

The Royal BlueNose
Grumpy Old Man
FS Record: Average at best!

Post by The Royal BlueNose »

I was going to TC either Aguero or Sane but have deactivated the chip and reconsidered.

I think Man City offer a false economy. Can totally see Jesus starting against Everton and Aguero maybe making a cameo. In which case you're not really getting a DGW.

If it was Salah and those two fixtures I'd feel much more confident.

Joccki_10
Grumpy Old Joker
FS Record: 16/17: 55 OR, 1 FISO Forum, 1 NLD and FISO Cup Winner

Post by Joccki_10 »

S_sutton87 wrote:Tempted to put it on kdb just not sure he will start both games suppose that's the case for all City attackers tho

Sent from my H8216 using Tapatalk
For what it’s worth De Bruyne started both cup games against Burton and Burnley before a trip to Newcastle. The main reason he isn’t in my Free Hit squad.

View Latest: 1 Day View Your posts

Return to “Fantasy PremierLeague.com (FPL)”