To see less ads Register or Login ----- Daily Fantasy Sports games 18+

FH DGW25

A Fantasy Football forum for news on fantasy football games run by the Premierleague (FPL).
Joccki_10
Grumpy Old Joker
FS Record: 16/17: 55 OR, 1 FISO Forum, 1 NLD and FISO Cup Winner

FH DGW25

Post by Joccki_10 »

Is anyone seriously considering using his Free Hit chip in the upcoming DGW25? If so, how does your first XI look like?

raoul
Dumbledore
FS Record: Tied for OR 1st worldwide in FPL in GW5 in 21/22 (only to then finish 1m), and ranked 1st in TFF late in season 21/22 (eventual finish 95th). Won an old game called Football Fantastic. Best Fanteam finish 117th and cashed £150. Best FPL finish 2.4K.

Re: FH DGW25

Post by raoul »

Joccki_10 wrote: 31 Jan 2019, 11:40 Is anyone seriously considering using his Free Hit chip in the upcoming DGW25? If so, how does your first XI look like?
Yes. I have 6 flagged players in my squad and only 1 player currently doubling.

Kepa
Luiz, Keane, Alderweirald
Siggy, Rich, Sterling, Sane, Hazard
Aguero, Llorente

not sure re captain. Fear any MC points will be spread out so might go Hazard but Sterling/Aguero seems a safer option.

Not sure re Toby in defence. I can have virtually anyone budget-wise, or could tone it down to a 4.5 and have Salah instead of Hazard/Sane perhaps.

Still not convinced how good this DGW could be, and tbh it is the flags and Auba's difficult fixture that are pushing me.

tarkens
Grumpy Old Man

Post by tarkens »

Pickford
Laporte, Keane, AWB
Richarlison, Sane, Son, Hazard, Salah
Aguero, Llorente

or Sterling for Salah and Robertson for Laporte

I will probably not do it though and keep my FH for a blank GW

Archy
Grumpy Old Man
FS Record: Maybe all is not lost after all

Post by Archy »

I wasn't seriously considering it, but am concerned about my lack of City coverage.

Are people really convinced this is the best week to do it, and, if so, why?

raoul
Dumbledore
FS Record: Tied for OR 1st worldwide in FPL in GW5 in 21/22 (only to then finish 1m), and ranked 1st in TFF late in season 21/22 (eventual finish 95th). Won an old game called Football Fantastic. Best Fanteam finish 117th and cashed £150. Best FPL finish 2.4K.

Post by raoul »

Archy wrote: 31 Jan 2019, 12:11 I wasn't seriously considering it, but am concerned about my lack of City coverage.

Are people really convinced this is the best week to do it, and, if so, why?
I am not convinced it is a sensible option for most, but looks like all of my flags (except Kamara) are probably a 1 week problem, plus I have almost no DGW coverage. I could get away with not using it, but equally could end up with about 8 playing and only 2 doublers, whereas a FH could leave me with 11 playing and 6 doublers.

That's 7 extra players perhaps, and on top of that I get to choose them from scratch.

tarkens
Grumpy Old Man

Post by tarkens »

6 doublers assuming Aguero, Sterling and Sane actually play both matches and what's the likelihood of that? :)

raoul
Dumbledore

Post by raoul »

tarkens wrote: 31 Jan 2019, 12:55 6 doublers assuming Aguero, Sterling and Sane actually play both matches and what's the likelihood of that? :)
I reckon all 3 will get time in both matches. Sane might rest v Everton and if they are ahead maybe he stays benched. But Sane is the one I already have ... in fact am tempted to not free hit him and have Laporte and Son.

Stevieste
Dumbledore
FS Record: 24,360

Post by Stevieste »

Will need to use my FH in GW27 as will have 6-7 players unavaible

Ruth_NZ
Grumpy Old Gorilla

Post by Ruth_NZ »

Pickford
Trippier Rüdiger Rose
Salah Sterling Richarlison Jota Sané
Llorente Aguero

Speroni AWB xxx xxx

That's my draft. Could juggle it a bit maybe with King & Redmond for Llorente & Jota. I think it would be quite an improvement over my current team; FFF tells me it is 24 points better. The question is whether it would be better to reserve the FH for GW32 as originally planned. But neither DGW32 nor DGW35 look like being huge and GW33 shouldn't have that many blanks, maybe only 2 or 3. So a GW32 wildcard might be feasible.

The more I look at it, the better it starts to look. :shock:

skip
Red & Blue Braces
FS Record: UFPL beta winner 2014, OFL ISO winner 2013

Post by skip »

Ruth_NZ wrote: 31 Jan 2019, 19:49 Pickford
Trippier Rüdiger Rose
Llorente Aguero

Speroni AWB xxx xxx

That's my draft. Could juggle it a bit maybe with King & Redmond for Llorente & Jota. I think it would be quite an improvement over my current team; FFF tells me it is 24 points better. The question is whether it would be better to reserve the FH for GW32 as originally planned. But neither DGW32 nor DGW35 look like being huge and GW33 shouldn't have that many blanks, maybe only 2 or 3. So a GW32 wildcard might be feasible.

Sigurdsson and Tarkowski instead of Trippier and Jota?

Joccki_10
Grumpy Old Joker

Post by Joccki_10 »

skip wrote:
Trippier Rüdiger Rose
Llorente Aguero

Speroni AWB xxx xxx

My first draft was the same except for Hazard and Luiz in place of Jota and Agüero.

Think I have really talked myself into the FH chip this GW.

Gambit
Grumpy Old Man

Post by Gambit »

looking at it but no confidence in the City players I want getting both games.

3rd v Arsenal
6th v Everton
10th v Chelsea

and that's after a lacklustre display at Newcastle where Aguero, Sterling, DSilva played 90 and Sane & KDB played 60+ minutes.

I'm expecting B Silva, Jesus, Mahrez to all get one of the DGW fixtures, keeping players fresh for what is a tough run.

skip
Red & Blue Braces
FS Record: UFPL beta winner 2014, OFL ISO winner 2013

Post by skip »

Joccki_10 wrote: 31 Jan 2019, 21:52
skip wrote:
Trippier Rüdiger Rose
Llorente Aguero

Speroni AWB xxx xxx

My first draft was the same except for Hazard and Luiz in place of Jota and Agüero.

Think I have really talked myself into the FH chip this GW.
I'm talking myself into it too, points projections put this FH team at around 35 points better off than my current one. I think this assumes that the 3 City attackers will play 2 games, so the projections are on the high side.

I also think that Ruth's idea of wildcarding in GW32 is almost as good points wise as FH in 32 followed by wildcard in GW34, but there's lots of assumptions around which teams will have doubles and when baked into that.

Ruth_NZ
Grumpy Old Gorilla

Post by Ruth_NZ »

skip wrote:I also think that Ruth's idea of wildcarding in GW32 is almost as good points wise as FH in 32 followed by wildcard in GW34, but there's lots of assumptions around which teams will have doubles and when baked into that.
Not really. A GW32 wildcard would run through the international break after GW31 and all the fixtures would have to be clear before GW32, who is doubling when and so on. The only exception to that would be if Chelsea still have an extra game to fit in; that might still be open.

The drawbacks of a GW32 wildcard as I see them:
  1. Liverpool play Spurs in GW32 and you'd face a tricky decision about what to do with them as they also have a strong GW33. You could avoid that issue with a GW32 FH.
  2. City will likely have a strong double in GW32 but a blank in GW33. You might have to compromise with them.
  3. Spurs could also be difficult to manage, especially if their likely DGW goes into GW35 rather than GW32.
The devil is in the detail, right? And there is no doubt that a FH32 will offer significant advantages as well.

I think that for me it may come down to whether Fabianski and Pogba are fit this week or not. If they aren't (but it's just a week out) then that would tip the balance towards a GW25 FH for me.

Nabs Kebabs
Treebeard

Post by Nabs Kebabs »

FH is actually a great idea this week imo to stack City. City will punish Arsenal and Everton who are both unlikely to sit back - they'll both atleast to some extent go toe-to-toe with City. And Aguero, Sterling and Sane are likely to have field days. The reason I'm not keen to stack up on City is because I don't really want them after the DGW - which of course won't matter when playing the FH. Definitely something to consider strongly.

Joccki_10
Grumpy Old Joker

Post by Joccki_10 »

Nabs Kebabs wrote:FH is actually a great idea this week imo to stack City. City will punish Arsenal and Everton who are both unlikely to sit back - they'll both atleast to some extent go toe-to-toe with City. And Aguero, Sterling and Sane are likely to have field days. The reason I'm not keen to stack up on City is because I don't really want them after the DGW - which of course won't matter when playing the FH. Definitely something to consider strongly.
It’s slightly different in your situation, Nabs. You need to keep in mind that you’ll lose your second FT next GW if you use your FH this GW.

Nabs Kebabs
Treebeard

Post by Nabs Kebabs »

Joccki_10 wrote: 01 Feb 2019, 06:39
Nabs Kebabs wrote:FH is actually a great idea this week imo to stack City. City will punish Arsenal and Everton who are both unlikely to sit back - they'll both atleast to some extent go toe-to-toe with City. And Aguero, Sterling and Sane are likely to have field days. The reason I'm not keen to stack up on City is because I don't really want them after the DGW - which of course won't matter when playing the FH. Definitely something to consider strongly.
It’s slightly different in your situation, Nabs. You need to keep in mind that you’ll lose your second FT next GW if you use your FH this GW.
That's a great point. Makes it a lot less of an option for me. Kind of wish I just used an FT last GW.

Joccki_10
Grumpy Old Joker

Post by Joccki_10 »

Nabs Kebabs wrote:
Joccki_10 wrote: 01 Feb 2019, 06:39
That's a great point. Makes it a lot less of an option for me. Kind of wish I just used an FT last GW.
Well it’s only 4 points max but still 4 points. I do think however that you don’t need 2 FTs for GW26. Like I’ve said before out teams are looking very similar and I could even bench Rüdiger and Hazard away to City. Not going to ofcourse.

Nabs Kebabs
Treebeard

Post by Nabs Kebabs »

Joccki_10 wrote: 01 Feb 2019, 07:25 Well it’s only 4 points max but still 4 points. I do think however that you don’t need 2 FTs for GW26. Like I’ve said before out teams are looking very similar and I could even bench Rüdiger and Hazard away to City. Not going to ofcourse.
I'm just going to stick to my original plan. WC GW32 and FH GW33.

I still think the FH is a great option this GW but Sane is the only one I really want. So I'm just going to bring him in with a FT and captain him.

raoul
Dumbledore

Post by raoul »

I should mention that I have already used my 2nd WC. So if I don't use my FH now I guess I give myself better protection for GW31 and beyond.

Running through those GW with just FT would be tricky no doubt...

Sutter Kane
Dumbledore
FS Record: Unknown.

Post by Sutter Kane »

You'd think a FH25 would guarantee selecting the one or two man c players who will play both, but bar Ederson, LaPorte and Fernandinho, I can't think who I'd trust. A FH also loses a transfer when transfers are quite important right now. If I had a very decimated squad, I'd consider it.

Smurphy Paw
FISO Knight
FS Record: Mediocre, apparently
13/14: FPL 1792; FIFA 14 Top 700.
17/18: FPL 696th; loads of mini-League wins and side game promotions
18/19 1FC Köln 5AS Champions
#1 Spring Super League regular season 19/20 & 20/21

Post by Smurphy Paw »

Will the snow be a factor? Imagine free-hitting and then a game or two is postponed

raoul
Dumbledore

Post by raoul »

Smurphy's Paw wrote: 01 Feb 2019, 08:27 Will the snow be a factor? Imagine free-hitting and then a game or two is postponed
now stop that.

Suspect the weather is more of an issue if games are not postponed. I can foresee a lot of gloves and messy 0-0 draws.

raoul
Dumbledore

Post by raoul »

GW31 and 32

I should have examined this earlier, but the FH considerations this week have forced it.

I think GW31 will see the following teams almost certainly blank:

- MC (probably still in Cup, but even if not MU may well be, and MC due to play MU)
- MU (same reasons as above)
- Palace (surely they will knock Doncaster out)
- Spurs (who are meant to play Palace that week)

I suspect the above 4 teams alone are enough to cause most managers to want a FH or WC in GW31

If Chelsea get through, add Chelsea and Everton to the list.

If Wolves get through, add Wolves and Arsenal to the list.

Watford, Southampton, BHA, Cardiff also possibilities to blank, but am guessing these are less critical to most managers.

Of course, the flip side GW32 DGW is even more enticing, because as well as the 4 teams that look certain to play doubles after blanking in GW31, Chelsea still need to play the rearranged BHA fixture.

GW32 therefore looks like it already has 6 teams doubling. It could easily exceed 10.

Even if you still own both a WC and a FH, they look very useful, if not vital, for GW31 and 32. OK, some cunning transfers could position things right for GW31, but then a chip to maximise GW32 would surely be in order.

And having a FH for either GW35 or 38 would surely be helpful.

Even if I had both WC and FH left, I would not FH this week. Whatever the short term gains, it looks increasingly like suicide to me.

Kuchi
FISOhead
FS Record: Best: 16/17- 481

Post by Kuchi »

Anyone think Danilo or Stones could get both games? Delph seems out of favor at the moment. Trying to think if a 5.3 ish player is worth the risk.

Joccki_10
Grumpy Old Joker

FH DGW25

Post by Joccki_10 »

@raoul

You can look at it both ways. It is entirely possible that:
  1. Chelsea lose against Man United;
  2. Wolves lose away to Bristol City;
  3. Palace lose away to Doncaster;
  4. Brighton lose away to West Brom or against Derby and
  5. Watford lose away to QPR or Portsmouth,
which would only make Man United - Man City a blank in GW32.

Perhaps I’m looking for reasons to FH now, but personally I think at least two and maybe three or four of those are going to happen.

raoul
Dumbledore

Post by raoul »

Joccki_10 wrote: 01 Feb 2019, 11:04 @raoul

Perhaps I’m looking for reasons to FH now, but personally I think at least two and maybe three or four of those are going to happen.
As a QPR fan who never sees us do anything in the cup, I hope you are right in one respect :wink:

And as a lover of the cup it would fun to see Doncaster get through (preferably to face QPR in the QF). But I doubt it, and this to me is the key fixture because if Palace are through then Spurs do nothing in GW31. Being without 3 of the top 6 clubs probably tips the balance.

raoul
Dumbledore

Post by raoul »

Here's a thought.

If Chelsea and Brighton both go out, could their rescheduled match happen in GW31, alongside the Cup games? That would reduce the GW31 problem a little.

Joccki_10
Grumpy Old Joker

Post by Joccki_10 »

raoul wrote:

As a QPR fan who never sees us do anything in the cup, I hope you are right in one respect :wink:

And as a lover of the cup it would fun to see Doncaster get through (preferably to face QPR in the QF). But I doubt it, and this to me is the key fixture because if Palace are through then Spurs do nothing in GW31. Being without 3 of the top 6 clubs probably tips the balance.
Palace going through would actually be better for a non DGW32 FH I think. In case Brighton go out, which I’d expect to happen, Spurs will have a nice home game in GW33. So:

If Palace lose to Doncaster, Spurs will have 31 PAL, 32 liv, 33 BRI, 34 HUD. Ideal for a FH because you would like to get rid of your Spurs assets for one GW.

If Palace win against Doncaster, Spurs will have 31 blank, 32 PAL/liv, 33 BRI, 34 HUD. You’d either make sure you don’t have any Spurs players in GW31 or just bench them and then play them happily ever after.

Please correct me if I’m wrong.

raoul
Dumbledore

Post by raoul »

Joccki_10 wrote: 01 Feb 2019, 11:42
raoul wrote:

Palace going through would actually be better for a non DGW32 FH I think. In case Brighton go out, which I’d expect to happen, Spurs will have a nice home game in GW33. So:

If Palace lose to Doncaster, Spurs will have 31 PAL, 32 liv, 33 BRI, 34 HUD. Ideal for a FH because you would like to get rid of your Spurs assets for one GW.

If Palace win against Doncaster, Spurs will have 31 blank, 32 PAL/liv, 33 BRI, 34 HUD. You’d either make sure you don’t have any Spurs players in GW31 or just bench them and then play them happily ever after.

Please correct me if I’m wrong.
My argument was that since Palace are likely to go through, GW31 will see blanks for Spurs, MU and MC, and therefore a FH would be needed for many managers in GW31. I doubt many would have a bench big enough for players of all 3 teams.

Then in GW32 all the assets would be back, many with DGW, and if the WC is still in the pocket it might be used to add other DGW players catching up on missed fixtures. Or perhaps it is worth saving the WC if the DGW is already well covered.

I suspect we are agreeing, but maybe I have misunderstood something somewhere. It happens.

View Latest: 1 Day View Your posts

Return to “Fantasy PremierLeague.com (FPL)”