To see less ads Register or Login ----- Daily Fantasy Sports games 18+

Will you be taking a risk by bringing Sergio Aguero into your team this week

A Fantasy Football forum for news on fantasy football games run by the Premierleague (FPL).
owenclass
Grumpy Old Man

Will you be taking a risk by bringing Sergio Aguero into your team this week

Post by owenclass »

I know we are not sure that he will play against Huddersfield this week. But I'm prepare to take the risk thinking that Jesus will start against Burton in midweek

From4corners
FISO Jedi Knight

Re: Will you be taking a risk by bringing Sergio Aguero into your team this week

Post by From4corners »

To answer your question, yes I will. Risky? Neh. It's Aguero!

raoul
Dumbledore
FS Record: Tied for OR 1st worldwide in FPL in GW5 in 21/22 (only to then finish 1m), and ranked 1st in TFF late in season 21/22 (eventual finish 95th). Won an old game called Football Fantastic. Best Fanteam finish 117th and cashed £150. Best FPL finish 2.4K.

Re: Will you be taking a risk by bringing Sergio Aguero into your team this week

Post by raoul »

Triple captain him for a differential?

Smurphy Paw
FISO Knight
FS Record: Mediocre, apparently
13/14: FPL 1792; FIFA 14 Top 700.
17/18: FPL 696th; loads of mini-League wins and side game promotions
18/19 1FC Köln 5AS Champions
#1 Spring Super League regular season 19/20 & 20/21

Post by Smurphy Paw »

I have

Joccki_10
Grumpy Old Joker
FS Record: 16/17: 55 OR, 1 FISO Forum, 1 NLD and FISO Cup Winner

Post by Joccki_10 »

Agüero and away games? I’ll pass.

Stemania
FISO Jedi Knight
Location: On the Iron Throne of xG, the seat of The Crown Prince of the Stat Perverts. Or if not, in the STC!
FS Record: Best: TFF 321st. FPL 129th. FFS Career HoF Peak 2nd (Live 1st). Ability since lost.

Post by Stemania »

Smurphy's Paw wrote: 18 Jan 2019, 23:25 I have
Me too. Along with KDB! :shock:

Smurphy Paw
FISO Knight
FS Record: Mediocre, apparently
13/14: FPL 1792; FIFA 14 Top 700.
17/18: FPL 696th; loads of mini-League wins and side game promotions
18/19 1FC Köln 5AS Champions
#1 Spring Super League regular season 19/20 & 20/21

Post by Smurphy Paw »

Stemania wrote: 18 Jan 2019, 23:27
Smurphy's Paw wrote: 18 Jan 2019, 23:25 I have
Me too. Along with KDB! :shock:
Really? That’s quite a call.
I posted elsewhere that £9.7m for someone I expect to be eased back in, and who then has a couple of tough fixtures, is quite a risk. Until KDBs fully match fit I would perhaps have gone with Sané - but then you’re in the Top 1k and I’m a long way off that so what do I know :lol:

Stemania
FISO Jedi Knight
Location: On the Iron Throne of xG, the seat of The Crown Prince of the Stat Perverts. Or if not, in the STC!
FS Record: Best: TFF 321st. FPL 129th. FFS Career HoF Peak 2nd (Live 1st). Ability since lost.

Post by Stemania »

Yeah, I was quite surprised myself. :lol: Had Alli penciled in for a while (all week in fact), but am so uninspired by the prospect of a Spurs attack without Kane & Son (and so dismayed by Alli's stats so far) that I pulled out.

Sane has the two issues for me; first being under constant threat from Mahrez, even when fully fit, and also the fact that Mendy is back in training - whilst I believe the situation is far more nuanced than the folklaw ''it's one of Sane and Mendy in the team'' idea, Mendy returning does increase that rotation risk a little I think (and open up the possibility of 352 with Kun + Jesus).

Fundamentally, KDB is the City attacker I feel will get the most minutes when fully fit (and if he isn't ready for 90 vs Huds then he has two cup games to get back into it before GW24). Would have preferred to hold off a week, but Son has already flown. After all, KDB is a 200+ points-a-season player pro-rata.

I actually think Kun is the bigger risk of the two right now. I've been scouring the Man City forums and nearly everyone I saw predicted KDB will start this one in GW23, but I'd say maybe only two-thirds predicted Kun over Jesus this week (#disclaimer, very rough eye count). Edit: I'd also say that from my point of view, and from the forums' views, KDB looks more likely to start this week than Sane (though both look favourites to start)! :)

I'm not actually against quickly shipping Kun straight out again for, say, Auba if it looks like he'll only play one of GW23/24 (which looks quite likely to me if he starts one or more of the preceding two cup games). But, also there is the consideration that City may end up with a DGW25, so having two City attackers in now for (hud, new) appears to me to be a low risk hedge. :)

Zimmerman
FISO Jedi Knight

Post by Zimmerman »

I think Mendy has only returned to training this week.
I can’t see him causing any significant changes to the City lineup (and Sane specifically) for a good while yet (like 5 weeks). He’s had a stop/ start season and just missed the last couple of months. He’s going to be way off the pace.

[10 starts all season & it’s 10 weeks since his last start]

Will Pep be forced to rush him back (he’s tried about 4 different left backs in recent weeks, so he’s obviously not content with his options)... perhaps. I just don’t see him being ready (and Sane is flying at the moment too).

Tony Towners Tache
Treebeard
FS Record: Won - Beerfueledman TFF Euro 2004 League (remember that?)
Won - Nowt else
Highest FPL Finish 3502 2006/07 back when no one else played

Post by Tony Towners Tache »

I have brought him in for Kane. Kun's biggest points haul so far this season was against Huddersfield albeit at home. Obviously a risk re starting but a calculated gamble in my opinion as Huddersfield have been poor and I suspect will suffer for a lack of leadership against City. Also tempted to captain him but given everyone else in my main cash league has Salah that may be a step too far.

finkelele
Treebeard

Post by finkelele »

Where's the best info from Man Citys camp about who'll they'll start with in attack?? Shouldn't they have something?

I am wondering about Kun and also B.Silva. Any lineup predictions? Or at least a statement by Pep saying how Kun will start of course.

Vsz
Grumpy Old Man
FS Record: Won lots of cash leagues and was once, very briefly, top of TFF. Finished 15th too. Various top 5K and 10K FPL finishes

Post by Vsz »

I think you probably meant for the week just gone, but interesting read up on who to go for City DGW:

https://www.fantasyfootballscout.co.uk/ ... meweek-25/

Personally I will have Ederson and Sane for sure as already have both, and thinking of bringing Sterling in today for Newcastle tonight then the DGW, on the understanding that he will probably start 2 of the 3 but get minutes in all 3. Other option would be one of the Silv'a or KDB but I think Sterling best bet.

I don't want to go with Aguero as I like my forwards of Firmino, Rash and Jiminez, especially with their fixtures coming up, Liverpool not blanking etc etc.

Magic
Grumpy Old Man
FS Record: Improving

Post by Magic »

owenclass wrote: 18 Jan 2019, 22:30Will you be taking a risk by bringing Sergio Aguero into your team this week
No.

Notned
FISO Knight

Post by Notned »

Captained him this week.

Stevieste
Dumbledore
FS Record: 24,360

Post by Stevieste »

Notned wrote: 29 Jan 2019, 19:08 Captained him this week.
Could be a good move that, he loves a hat trick or more against these.

I just hope Sterling gets him all the assists so both our captains are happy :mrgreen:

tommyk7
Grumpy Old Man

Post by tommyk7 »

I think he scored in less than 30 seconds

Vsz
Grumpy Old Man
FS Record: Won lots of cash leagues and was once, very briefly, top of TFF. Finished 15th too. Various top 5K and 10K FPL finishes

Post by Vsz »

Correct!

Notned
FISO Knight

Post by Notned »

tommyk7 wrote: 29 Jan 2019, 20:07
I think he scored in less than 30 seconds
Yeah, not a bad start!

View Latest: 1 Day View Your posts

Return to “Fantasy PremierLeague.com (FPL)”