To see less ads Register or Login ----- Daily Fantasy Sports games 18+

GW 24 Captain

A Fantasy Football forum for news on fantasy football games run by the Premierleague (FPL).

24 C

Salah
74%
Auba
15%
Pogba
4%
Rashford
1%
Lacazette
No votes
Aguero
1%
Hazard
1%
Sane
No votes
Sterling
2%
Higuain
No votes
Jota
No votes
Jimenez
No votes
Mitrovic
No votes
Eriksen
No votes
Richarlison
No votes
Llorente
No votes
Martial
1%
Mane
No votes
Firmino
No votes

Total votes: 94

Spreadsheet
FISOhead
FS Record: SDT Mini League Maestro - 5 wins and 3 Runners Up in 9 years. Never made it on the biggest stage though. I'm the DT David Bentley.

Only one FPL campaign (18/19) under my belt. Nothing spectacular.

Re: GW 24 Captain

Post by Spreadsheet »

Auba (C), Salah (V) this week, but I’m really not confident I’ve got that the right way around...

Owsler
Dumbledore

Post by Owsler »

Salah (C)
Pogba (VC)

Notned
FISO Knight

Post by Notned »

Aguero (C)
Hazard (VC)

Joccki_10
Grumpy Old Joker
FS Record: 16/17: 55 OR, 1 FISO Forum, 1 NLD and FISO Cup Winner

Post by Joccki_10 »

math! wrote:
Joccki_10 wrote: 29 Jan 2019, 15:46
math! wrote:Usually Aguero against Newcastle is a favourite but not this time it seems.
Agüero is never a favourite in an away game. :wink:
It's Newcastle though. He has scored more goals against them than any player has scored against any one team in EPL history.
You were obviously right. :lol:

raoul
Dumbledore
FS Record: Tied for OR 1st worldwide in FPL in GW5 in 21/22 (only to then finish 1m), and ranked 1st in TFF late in season 21/22 (eventual finish 95th). Won an old game called Football Fantastic. Best Fanteam finish 117th and cashed £150. Best FPL finish 2.4K.

Post by raoul »

Well Auba did an ok job. Will Mo do better?

Magic
Grumpy Old Man
FS Record: Improving

Post by Magic »

raoul wrote: 30 Jan 2019, 13:26 Well Auba did an ok job. Will Mo do better?
Yes.

Spreadsheet
FISOhead
FS Record: SDT Mini League Maestro - 5 wins and 3 Runners Up in 9 years. Never made it on the biggest stage though. I'm the DT David Bentley.

Post by Spreadsheet »

Magic wrote: 30 Jan 2019, 13:28
raoul wrote: 30 Jan 2019, 13:26 Well Auba did an ok job. Will Mo do better?
Yes.
Agreed, 24 points is certainly not the worst. But was expecting/needing more when at home to Cardiff in the same GW that Salah is at home to my boys with a crowd that is going to be bouncing after last’s game at St James’.

Hiding behind the sofa and hoping my boys can spring a Rafa!

tommyk7
Grumpy Old Man

Post by tommyk7 »

"Ok job"
"Not the worst"

Absolutely ludicrous complaining - Auba had a goal, an assist and 3 bonii. 12x2 points for a captain is a damn good haul.

To equal it Salah will need to play 60+, get two assists, 3 bonii and a clean sheet. There is never ANY guarantee that ANY player will score in ANY game.

Spreadsheet
FISOhead

Post by Spreadsheet »

tommyk7 wrote: 30 Jan 2019, 15:41 "Ok job"
"Not the worst"

Absolutely ludicrous complaining - Auba had a goal, an assist and 3 bonii. 12x2 points for a captain is a damn good haul.

To equal it Salah will need to play 60+, get two assists, 3 bonii and a clean sheet. There is never ANY guarantee that ANY player will score in ANY game.
Or 60 mins and a brace, before the obvious bonus points that would attract, would equate, which is entirely possible at home with the boost they’ll get from last night (or even without that in fairness).

Paying £11m for a captain, I don’t agree that it’s “ludicrous” to complain when he’s playing one of the worst teams at home. It’s what you wait to captain them for.

I also accept that it’s nowhere near a doubling of a two point appearance (the “worst” as I referred to it).

All I’m saying is I fully expect my vice to beat my captain this week after the Cardiff game, and those are the margins whether Salah beats a 4 pointer with 6 or a 24 pointer with 26, so to speak. Honestly, still having 24 points won’t make me happier if it ends up me having gambled the wrong way.

tommyk7
Grumpy Old Man

Post by tommyk7 »

I have both of them too and Salah is certainly capable of a big game, as always. But both Auba and Salah have scored more than 12 points in only THREE games (each) all season. I don't understand what people are expecting out of these players.

Spreadsheet
FISOhead

Post by Spreadsheet »

That home to Cardiff is the fourth of those games!! 😂 I do agree to some degree, I don’t want to mislead. I just think this GW was a good opportunity for a brace or hat trick, based on the capability and opponent for each candidate, which is why I ummed so much. So whilst 24 points isn’t bad at all, I think there is a more than good chance that it will be beaten by Salah tonight, and therefore that doesn’t make me wrong to question whether I’m happy with 24 points and happy I settled on Auba when the one that could beat him was also an option for me.

Anyway, all the best this evening if you have Salah too- I mean that (I think!!)

tommyk7
Grumpy Old Man

Post by tommyk7 »

Anyway, all the best this evening if you have Salah too- I mean that (I think!!)
Almost on 2 points now...

Spreadsheet
FISOhead

Post by Spreadsheet »

Sorry dude... after all that...

View Latest: 1 Day View Your posts

Return to “Fantasy PremierLeague.com (FPL)”