To see less ads Register or Login ----- Daily Fantasy Sports games 18+

Blanks, DGWs, and those pesky chips (18/19) - Summary in OP

A Fantasy Football forum for news on fantasy football games run by the Premierleague (FPL).
Finisher1
Dumbledore

Re: Blanks, DGWs, and those pesky chips (18/19)

Post by Finisher1 »

Dialted wrote: 27 Jan 2019, 13:52 No Everton or City coverage and 2 Brighton and 2 chelsea to deal with before the blanks.

Double game week is a write off for me :shock:
Sounds like you could just swap some of your Brighton and Chelsea players to City and Everton players and then bench them for BGW27. Easy.

Stemania
FISO Jedi Knight
Location: On the Iron Throne of xG, the seat of The Crown Prince of the Stat Perverts. Or if not, in the STC!
FS Record: Best: TFF 321st. FPL 129th. FFS Career HoF Peak 2nd (Live 1st). Ability since lost.

Post by Stemania »

xJosh- wrote:So long story short. Who currently has DWG & blanks & when?
I'll keep a running list at the bottom of the opening post. :)

Confirmed GW25 Doubles
Manchester City (ARS, eve)
Everton (WOL, MCI)

Confirmed GW27 Blanks
Brighton, Chelsea, Everton, Man City

Fixtures yet to be arranged
Chelsea vs Brighton

OIEIAO
FISOhead

Post by OIEIAO »

Interesting news. Are we keeping all the DGW25 strategy chat in here?

If so I am keen to bench boost and interested to know if others are also going down this route.

Now, I know conventional wisdom has it that you must play this in a "big" double gameweek but at the end of the day you are gaining your 4 bench players. In week 25 mine would be

Gunnarsson - Bournemouth H
Wan-Bissaka - Fulham H
GK2 - currently Hamer
MF5 - currently Snodgrass

The rest of my team in week 25 I am happy to pick "as is". I wouldn't bench Man U, Man C, Arsenal, Chelsea, Liverpool, Everton or Wolves players. Some might bench Wolves away to Everton, or Arsenal away to Man City.

I expect I'd be getting rid of Snodgrass soon either way and I have 2.1 in the bank so

If I did Hamer (4.0) -> Ederson (5.6) and Snodgrass to a 5.6 midfielder I'd have at least 3 DGW players and 12 others I'm happy to pick. Getting bench boost out of the way before it starts disproportionately eating in to my wildcard and later DGW thoughts.

Downside is perhaps having to downgrade the extra keeper before my wildcard.

Alternatively without the slightly mad keper double up, could bring in Boruc (4.0) who has Cardiff away, and Jota (5.9) / Gross (6.7) / anyone up to 7.2.

Finisher1
Dumbledore

Post by Finisher1 »

OIEIAO wrote: 27 Jan 2019, 14:11 Interesting news. Are we keeping all the DGW25 strategy chat in here?

If so I am keen to bench boost and interested to know if others are also going down this route.

Now, I know conventional wisdom has it that you must play this in a "big" double gameweek but at the end of the day you are gaining your 4 bench players. In week 25 mine would be

Gunnarsson - Bournemouth H
Wan-Bissaka - Fulham H
GK2 - currently Hamer
MF5 - currently Snodgrass

The rest of my team in week 25 I am happy to pick "as is". I wouldn't bench Man U, Man C, Arsenal, Chelsea, Liverpool, Everton or Wolves players. Some might bench Wolves away to Everton, or Arsenal away to Man City.

I expect I'd be getting rid of Snodgrass soon either way and I have 2.1 in the bank so

If I did Hamer (4.0) -> Ederson (5.6) and Snodgrass to a 5.6 midfielder I'd have at least 3 DGW players and 12 others I'm happy to pick. Getting bench boost out of the way before it starts disproportionately eating in to my wildcard and later DGW thoughts.

Downside is perhaps having to downgrade the extra keeper before my wildcard.

Alternatively without the slightly mad keper double up, could bring in Boruc (4.0) who has Cardiff away, and Jota (5.9) / Gross (6.7) / anyone up to 7.2.
You'd have to spend a transfer for a backup goalkeeper though which isn't ideal and decreases you BB benefit. Personally I think it's possible BB ends up for SGW but if that happens then I think GW36-38 are more ideal, because I can bring in a good (minimum price) bench for some of those gameweeks during my wildcard. Well, perhaps GW38 is not that good because starting lineups tend to be somewhat surprising in GW38, but GW36-37 should be good options anyway. Plus DGW35 bench boost is still a strong candidate, even if not a clear standout option.

pokeface
Red & Blue Braces

Re: Blanks, DGWs, and those pesky chips (18/19) - DGW25 Confirmed

Post by pokeface »

My strategy is probably to go down the TC chip route with most likely Sané (possibly Aguero).

I will most likely only be fielding 2 City players and one Everton. For me the Everton double I am slightly ignoring, as because one of their fixtures is City I see it more as a SGW + 2pts. Don’t feel it’s worth spending points over as I can’t get in say Sterling (without losing Salah or not having Aguero) and I think Everton attacking returns will be slim on one of the 2 Gw’s.

Although I’m currently 50/50 on using the TC chip.

Resonare
Grumpy Old Man

Post by Resonare »

Simple for me as I already have Sane, Richarlison and Digne.

I have enough to do Fabianski :arrow: Ederson this week and Auba :arrow: Aguero next week or just do both next week to avoid any disasters.

Bobby Fetta
Grumpy Old Man

Post by Bobby Fetta »

Finisher1 wrote: 27 Jan 2019, 13:54 Sounds like you could just swap some of your Brighton and Chelsea players to City and Everton players and then bench them for BGW27. Easy.
Its easy but means losing Chelsea players for their home game against Huddersfield, which could easily backfire, especially with Pep rotation. And then only have two GWs to deal with some of the City and Everton players for the gw27 blank.

Libero
Grumpy Old Man
FS Record: FISO Prime Minister 2015; Decathlon Gold 2016, 2019

Post by Libero »

I can bring in Son for Anderson this week.

I can then bring in Aguero for Firmino, except no I can't I'll be 0.1 short even with Firmino rising in price.

This may be a blessing: no guarantee Aguero starts both games; Firmino could outscore away to West Ham and then the next GW home to Bournemouth. Experience tells me we tend to get suckered into overestimating the returns from DGWs.

Archy
Grumpy Old Man
FS Record: Maybe all is not lost after all

Post by Archy »

Stemania wrote: 27 Jan 2019, 13:27 So

GW25: City (ARS, eve) & Everton (WOL, MCI)

it is.
Am well effed off about this.... it seems League Cup results, FA cup results and FA decisions have all conspired to create the worst possible scenario for my team :x :cry: :evil: :roll:

DeadlySub
Wideboy
FS Record: Beginner

Post by DeadlySub »

Current plan is to negotiate my way through the next few weeks without taking hits or using chips (TC long gone but all other chips remain).

I've had a first attempt at plotting my way through it and came up with a GW25 with Sane and Bilva as doublers and a GW27 where I'll hold Sane in spite of his blank.

Mo Bot
Dumbledore
FS Record: Inaugural Last Man Standing. FISO Fantasy Eurovision champ 2012. World #1 in UFPL for a whole week

Post by Mo Bot »

Will wait for the FA Cup draw before deciding but may well FH DGW25 as I only have Ederson.

Only 4-7 Premier League teams in the last 16 May mean that the later DGWs are less of an event this season.

Finisher1
Dumbledore

Post by Finisher1 »

Mo Bot wrote: 27 Jan 2019, 18:03 Will wait for the FA Cup draw before deciding but may well FH DGW25 as I only have Ederson.

Only 4-7 Premier League teams in the last 16 May mean that the later DGWs are less of an event this season.
Even less of an event than DGW25? Are you positive you don't need FH when there will be consecutive doubles and blanks?

Mo Bot
Dumbledore
FS Record: Inaugural Last Man Standing. FISO Fantasy Eurovision champ 2012. World #1 in UFPL for a whole week

Post by Mo Bot »

Not had a proper look yet but if the FA Cup draw throws up City v United and Chelsea v Watford then the DGWs will not offer up much.

If 25 had kinder fixtures then I would be tempted by the FH. I will probably just transfer my way around it. I’m loathed to take hits to get 3 City players just to take them out for 27, especially as 26 doesn’t look like a premium fixture for City.

Perhaps I’m just getting caught up in the hype and hyperbole of the first DGW of the season.

Finisher1
Dumbledore

Post by Finisher1 »

https://twitter.com/BenCrellin/status/1 ... 8362201089

Ben Crellin seems to think there is a reasonable chance for Chelsea TGW32 should they reach both FAC and UEL semi-finals. However, this probably isn't too attractive TC option because it's between blanks, so perhaps the best time to play FH or WC.

Stevieste
Dumbledore
FS Record: 24,360

Post by Stevieste »

I have 3 Everton players and 3 Man city players currently for DGW (intending to use my TC) and have Kamara and success and button on the bench.

Would you say im best using my FH chip for game week 27 and then using my time over next few weeks to bring in players that have DGW coming up and are also not in fa cup or league cup so im not in a similar situation again.

Also my bench needs improving as well, as only 1 of them really starts each week

raoul
Dumbledore
FS Record: Tied for OR 1st worldwide in FPL in GW5 in 21/22 (only to then finish 1m), and ranked 1st in TFF late in season 21/22 (eventual finish 95th). Won an old game called Football Fantastic. Best Fanteam finish 117th and cashed £150. Best FPL finish 2.4K.

Post by raoul »

I keep staring at this DGW and struggling to get excited.

Everton … hardly on fire, and one of their 2 games is MC. Wolves are hardly a pushover.

MC … not the easiest 2 games, and will surely rotate, especially with Chelsea and then CL to follow.

GW32 looking far more fun in terms of exploiting DGW, given MC, MU and Che all have plum fixtures and a very decent chance of having another fixture (or even two?) added.

ajcairns
Grumpy Old Man
FS Record: Still Decidedly Average.

Post by ajcairns »

I agree with you raoul - perhaps making no additional changes for DGW25 will prove advantageous as everyone else uses up transfers and hits for it. Just making sure you're sorted for when BGW27 comes around after the DGW might be a better idea.

I have Sterling, Luiz, Richarlison and Digne and not getting planning to get anyone else in at the moment for the double. The latter two were probably going to be moved on from GW27 anyway so sticking to that leaving me with only two blanking players in DGW27.

TheRumourMill
Grumpy Old Man
FS Record: FPL: Similar to Everton - haven't cracked the top 10k glass ceiling yet, neither have I had and sub 500k shockers either!
International tournaments: Better, 11k in WC 2018 and top 1000 way back at Euro 2012!

Post by TheRumourMill »

raoul wrote: 28 Jan 2019, 09:40 I keep staring at this DGW and struggling to get excited.

Everton … hardly on fire, and one of their 2 games is MC. Wolves are hardly a pushover.

MC … not the easiest 2 games, and will surely rotate, especially with Chelsea and then CL to follow.

GW32 looking far more fun in terms of exploiting DGW, given MC, MU and Che all have plum fixtures and a very decent chance of having another fixture (or even two?) added.
Man City have a week off after the Chelsea match before then playing their 5th round FA Cup tie. Their Champions league fixture isn't until after their 5th round tie.

Stevieste
Dumbledore

Post by Stevieste »

Currently thinking of TC on Sterling for the double gameweek and Sane V.

Something tells me could have them the wrong way though.

Anyone else go this way or the other with them 2 ?

raoul
Dumbledore
FS Record: Tied for OR 1st worldwide in FPL in GW5 in 21/22 (only to then finish 1m), and ranked 1st in TFF late in season 21/22 (eventual finish 95th). Won an old game called Football Fantastic. Best Fanteam finish 117th and cashed £150. Best FPL finish 2.4K.

Post by raoul »

Sterling seems more likely to do the full 90 even if City are ahead, so you probably have it right. But of all the teams to TC on, are the rotating City the ones?

Not suggesting it is a bad idea, just there are probably better options. I'd be saving it for GW 32.

Could prove a decent differential if it comes off though.

The Real Slim Shady
Dumbledore
FS Record: 1,465th in FPL 05/06

Post by The Real Slim Shady »

Pickford, Stones and Laporte atm for the DGW.

Any need to bring in perhaps a City attacker with their missing GW after that?

SirMattBugsby
Dumbledore
FS Record: TCed Kun for that Newcastle game. Nothing since..

Post by SirMattBugsby »

Stevieste wrote:Currently thinking of TC on Sterling for the double gameweek and Sane V.

Something tells me could have them the wrong way though.

Anyone else go this way or the other with them 2 ?
Sane has been the difference-maker for City this season imo. He'll probably be taken off after 70' in both games but he _should_ start.

I'll admit it's all guesswork though, and we could see a Sane benching co-inciding with Mendy starting. Also, the Everton game is sandwiched between Arsenal and Chelsea, games where Sane will be needed more.

So, Sterling seems the safer choice.

Sent from my Lenovo K33a42 using Tapatalk

xJosh-
FISOhead

Post by xJosh- »

Do I do Hazard > Sane? That is the question. When will we find out if Chelsea DWG because I'd rather hold Hazard. . . I think.

raoul
Dumbledore

Post by raoul »

xJosh- wrote: 28 Jan 2019, 14:00 Do I do Hazard > Sane? That is the question. When will we find out if Chelsea DWG because I'd rather hold Hazard. . . I think.
The Brighton replay on the Tuesday means a DGW25 for Chelsea is unlikely.

Suppose they could play it on Friday and shift Chelsea and Brighton weekend fixtures to the Monday, but with Chelsea at Malmo 3 days later I doubt it

yttod1010
FISOhead

Post by yttod1010 »

i have digne and sane ......i wont be getting anybody else in .....pointless there will be tons of rotation

aguero and jesus will start a game each ......only ederson and fernandino are probably guaranteed to start

Vsz
Grumpy Old Man
FS Record: Won lots of cash leagues and was once, very briefly, top of TFF. Finished 15th too. Various top 5K and 10K FPL finishes

Post by Vsz »

I have Ederson, Sane and Digne (and Schneiderlin still - don't laugh).

I have exact cash to do F Anderson to Sterling - think I will. Not sure yet re Triple Captain though.

swadd1er
Dumbledore

Post by swadd1er »

Currently have Digne and Aguero. May consider Fabianski to Ederson but with there’s no guarantee of a CS against Arsenal and away at Everton.

Hazard to Sané/sterling could be an option instead depending on the FA cup draw.

Vsz
Grumpy Old Man
FS Record: Won lots of cash leagues and was once, very briefly, top of TFF. Finished 15th too. Various top 5K and 10K FPL finishes

Post by Vsz »

Why FA cup draw important? To see if Haz and City stars can be rested if easy draw?

Stevieste
Dumbledore

Post by Stevieste »

Well chelsea or Man utd be out of Fa cup after this next round

Man city again with an easy draw

Bobby Fetta
Grumpy Old Man

Post by Bobby Fetta »

I'm really struggling on what to do on dgw25 - currently have no Man City. Will probably only bring in Aguero but if City continue their goalscoring form not having Sterling/Sane could be a rank killer.

The last two seasons I've used my TC chip on the first dgw (Kane last year for 3pts and Aguero the year before for 7pts). I think I have that in the back of my mind that these mid season dgws aren't as good as the later ones for goals and points. But that is a ridiculously small sample. At a stretch maybe could argue that a team going for the title / CL place or striker aiming for golden boot against teams with nothing to play for later on is more ripe for high scores? Does anyone have any anecdotes about high scoring early dgws?

View Latest: 1 Day View Your posts

Return to “Fantasy PremierLeague.com (FPL)”