To see less ads Register or Login ----- Daily Fantasy Sports games 18+

Budget Forward for Bench Spot

A Fantasy Football forum for news on fantasy football games run by the Premierleague (FPL).
Turd Ferguson
FISOhead

Budget Forward for Bench Spot

Post by Turd Ferguson »

Apologies to mods if there's already a thread on this.

With Jota looking like a nice option, I'm thinking about switching to 3-5-2. This raises the question of what to do with the third forward spot.

Kamara was a nice option, but it looks like his Fulham career is permanently over. I don't see any other sub 5.0 forwards who start regularly.

Success makes a decent number of cameos.

Shane Long also seems to be getting some playing time under Hasenhuttl. Part of that was the injury to Danny Ings, though.

I'll likely own Ings as my second forward for the next several weeks, so Long might be the choice for me. If Ings misses time for whatever reason, Long can simply come into my team.

Is there anyone I'm missing? Is Niasse worth a few extra pennies at 5.0 now that he's at Cardiff?

Aldershot Rejects
Dumbledore
FS Record: 5th Metro (2010-11); 146 - Sky (2015-16); 218 - Sky (2014-15); 386 - Sky (2020-21); 636 - FPL (2017-18); last 16 Sky Cup (2018-19)

Re: Budget Forward for Bench Spot

Post by Aldershot Rejects »

Turd Ferguson wrote: 24 Jan 2019, 19:49 Apologies to mods if there's already a thread on this.

With Jota looking like a nice option, I'm thinking about switching to 3-5-2. This raises the question of what to do with the third forward spot.

Kamara was a nice option, but it looks like his Fulham career is permanently over. I don't see any other sub 5.0 forwards who start regularly.

Success makes a decent number of cameos.

Shane Long also seems to be getting some playing time under Hasenhuttl. Part of that was the injury to Danny Ings, though.

I'll likely own Ings as my second forward for the next several weeks, so Long might be the choice for me. If Ings misses time for whatever reason, Long can simply come into my team.

Is there anyone I'm missing? Is Niasse worth a few extra pennies at 5.0 now that he's at Cardiff?
I think one of the main problem with 3-5-2 is the lack of a decent 3rd striker. I have Ings but he is really too expensive. Would probably go with Niasse if starting from scratch.

Joccki_10
Grumpy Old Joker
FS Record: 16/17: 55 OR, 1 FISO Forum, 1 NLD and FISO Cup Winner

Post by Joccki_10 »

Kamara for me until wildcard.

escape_to_victory
FISOhead

Post by escape_to_victory »

I’m playing 3-5-2. The third striker is a dead spot. Third place on the bench each week (Success in my case) never to be used. Worth noting that you would have to think about a formation change in preparation for BGWs, and obvs when using the BB chip

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Stevieste
Dumbledore
FS Record: 24,360

Post by Stevieste »

Joccki_10 wrote: 24 Jan 2019, 20:47 Kamara for me until wildcard.
If he means a playing striker for a bench spot, this is not the guy at moment Jocki, he on his way out of Fulham i think.

Ive got him and Success at the moment, but i think the next up from him could be Niasse, he only 5.0 and could actually do well and play most games as Cardiff dont have anyone upfront now after that awful Sala incident.

Ruth_NZ
Grumpy Old Gorilla

Post by Ruth_NZ »

Joccki_10 wrote: Kamara for me until wildcard.
Yeah me too, I'm happy playing with 12 outfielders in effect until then.

From4corners
FISO Jedi Knight

Post by From4corners »

*cough* Locadia *cough*

Joccki_10
Grumpy Old Joker
FS Record: 16/17: 55 OR, 1 FISO Forum, 1 NLD and FISO Cup Winner

Post by Joccki_10 »

From4corners wrote:*cough* Locadia *cough*
£5.3? Far too expensive to sit on the bench on a regular base imo.

blahblah
FISO Viscount
Location: .. he thinks that he knows something which he doesn't, whereas I am quite concious of my ignorance.

Post by blahblah »

Wickham :wink:

Smurphy Paw
FISO Knight
FS Record: Mediocre, apparently
13/14: FPL 1792; FIFA 14 Top 700.
17/18: FPL 696th; loads of mini-League wins and side game promotions
18/19 1FC Köln 5AS Champions
#1 Spring Super League regular season 19/20 & 20/21

Post by Smurphy Paw »

AR’s right that Ings is too expensive as a bench player. I think he’s worth the extra as a rotator though. He can score well in his own right. It’s also a season where I find that I am having to utilise my bench more than usual (or more than I remember, which is not necessarily the same thing!)

snout
FISO Knight
FS Record: a slice of that cake, over there

Post by snout »

escape_to_victory wrote: 25 Jan 2019, 14:46 I’m playing 3-5-2. The third striker is a dead spot. Third place on the bench each week (Success in my case) never to be used. Worth noting that you would have to think about a formation change in preparation for BGWs, and obvs when using the BB chip
Success is my bottom spot on the bench each week, with a 4-4-2 formation. Until Jose got the sack and Rashford became a serious option, I was on the verge of switching to 4-5-1.

The only worry was a lack of an alternative if he gets injured/perma-dropped but Long picking up the minutes recently means I have a nice trapdoor ready for him if needed.

V1.0
Grumpy Old Man
FS Record: Triple FISO 5AS Champions

Post by V1.0 »

Kachunga of Huddersfield is £4.8m and has played in the last six GW and for the full 90mins in the last three.

blahblah
FISO Viscount
Location: .. he thinks that he knows something which he doesn't, whereas I am quite concious of my ignorance.

Post by blahblah »

blahblah wrote: 25 Jan 2019, 21:47 Wickham :wink:
:wink:

He was very good, admittedly a fairwhile ago and the goal vs Sheff Utd was\is :shock: 8-)

Aldershot Rejects
Dumbledore
FS Record: 5th Metro (2010-11); 146 - Sky (2015-16); 218 - Sky (2014-15); 386 - Sky (2020-21); 636 - FPL (2017-18); last 16 Sky Cup (2018-19)

Post by Aldershot Rejects »

blahblah wrote: 27 Jan 2019, 16:51

He was very good, admittedly a fairwhile ago and the goal vs Sheff Utd was\is :shock: 8-)

I had a quick look at his price before the start. Reckon he is a decent shout if he can nail down a place. Benteke fit as well though.

blahblah
FISO Viscount

Post by blahblah »

Aldershot Rejects wrote: 27 Jan 2019, 17:46
blahblah wrote: 27 Jan 2019, 16:51

I had a quick look at his price before the start. Reckon he is a decent shout if he can nail down a place. Benteke fit as well though.
I looked when in the lady few weeks when he started playing again tbh.

I doubt Benteje is a threat, as Connor isn't that bad :shock: A goall today and kinda caused the Pen has encouraged me for a 3rd sub....

escape_to_victory
FISOhead

Post by escape_to_victory »

snout wrote:
escape_to_victory wrote: 25 Jan 2019, 14:46 I’m playing 3-5-2. The third striker is a dead spot. Third place on the bench each week (Success in my case) never to be used. Worth noting that you would have to think about a formation change in preparation for BGWs, and obvs when using the BB chip
Success is my bottom spot on the bench each week, with a 4-4-2 formation. Until Jose got the sack and Rashford became a serious option, I was on the verge of switching to 4-5-1.

The only worry was a lack of an alternative if he gets injured/perma-dropped but Long picking up the minutes recently means I have a nice trapdoor ready for him if needed.
Me too! I was about to go 4-5-1 with Kane and then Rashford came along.

The main concern with Success is he is a 2 point maximus haha. Hope I’m never desperate enough that I have to use him!

Connor Wickham for President Image

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Hotstepper
Grumpy Old Man
FS Record: Reasonable

Post by Hotstepper »

Calvert-lewin, with DGW25 in mind?

TheRumourMill
Grumpy Old Man
FS Record: FPL: Similar to Everton - haven't cracked the top 10k glass ceiling yet, neither have I had and sub 500k shockers either!
International tournaments: Better, 11k in WC 2018 and top 1000 way back at Euro 2012!

Post by TheRumourMill »

I switched to the 3-5-2 early January aswell and had to make this call. Decided on Kenneth Zohore as Warnock had been mentioning him in every press conference for 6 months even when he was injured. After what happenned to Sala Cardiff need him more than ever so he could become an option. I can't see Niasse being the main man up front, not in every fixture anyway.

blahblah
FISO Viscount

Post by blahblah »

escape_to_victory wrote: 28 Jan 2019, 02:06
Connor Wickham for President Image
Has Brexit happened and we have groveled to the USofA to take us in!

Shame wasnt old enough to be in the film he could have taught Pele a thing or too :wink:

Kuchi
FISOhead
FS Record: Best: 16/17- 481

Post by Kuchi »

352 with Success. Happy to have him last of the bench most weeks.

snout
FISO Knight

Post by snout »

Annoyingly Success has some kind of hamstring issue - https://www.101greatgoals.com/news/why- ... -brighton/ - and is now yellow flagged.

I've currently got 4 players missing GW27, which should be down to 1 or 2 when we get there. Should be able to hold out on Isaac for now.

Oxford NZ
Dumbledore
FS Record: They think it's all over!

Post by Oxford NZ »

snout wrote: 04 Feb 2019, 08:32 Annoyingly Success has some kind of hamstring issue - https://www.101greatgoals.com/news/why- ... -brighton/ - and is now yellow flagged.

I've currently got 4 players missing GW27, which should be down to 1 or 2 when we get there. Should be able to hold out on Isaac for now.
Alonso, Digne, Sigurdson, Sterling and Aguero is five. Are you planning on benching Success, Alonso and Digne and then doing Sterling, Aguero and Sigurdson to Son, Aubameyang and Jota (another) for a hit?

snout
FISO Knight

Post by snout »

Oxford NZ wrote: 04 Feb 2019, 08:47 Alonso, Digne, Sigurdson, Sterling and Aguero is five. Are you planning on benching Success, Alonso and Digne and then doing Sterling, Aguero and Sigurdson to Son, Aubameyang and Jota (another) for a hit?
Oh, forgot about Alonso. Almost certainly shifting out the two Everton boys, including Digne this week if TAA is back, as that reinstates my LIverpool complement of 3 for coming weeks. Sig'son has been living a charmed life and may use up my second FT. Not committed to any other path just yet. Might upgrade the likely-to-blank-in-GW31 Success at some point, to Jiminez maybe, shifting back to a 4-3-3.

I'm actually not too fussed about GW27, I'm more interested in prepping for the blanks in GW31/33, using FH in GW32 then WC GW34 and BB in GW35. Need to get my thinking cap on.

Lucky
Grumpy Old Man

Post by Lucky »

What about Crouch? At 4.5m he fulfills the requirements of a cheap third striker, and I am pretty sure he will get some game time and the occasional goal / assist.

View Latest: 1 Day View Your posts

Return to “Fantasy PremierLeague.com (FPL)”