To see less ads Register or Login ----- Daily Fantasy Sports games 18+

GW24 Transfers - Deadline: 29 Jan 18:45

A Fantasy Football forum for news on fantasy football games run by the Premierleague (FPL).
Dialted
Treebeard

Re: GW24 Transfers - Deadline: 29 Jan 18:45

Post by Dialted »

Smurphy's Paw wrote: 19 Jan 2019, 17:30
sstaffsw wrote: 19 Jan 2019, 17:24 Jota is back to his best (and OOP) so I need to work out a way of getting him in, already got three Wolves. Patricio :arrow: somebody probably, Felipe Anderson or Richarlison :arrow: Jota
Interesting. Before I blindly follow suit, is there any concern that it’d be chasing last week’s points?
Before his injury he went:

Gwk15 - Chelsea (goal)
Gwk16 - Newcastle (goal and assist)
Gwk17 - Bournemouth (assist)

Since returning he's had his hat trick today and an assist vs Liverpool in the Fa cup.

Richarlison to Jota for me this week in preparation of Everton's blank.

Worried about missing Richarlison vs Hiddersfield next week but he's not shown any type of form for a while.

abuhaneefah
FISOhead

Post by abuhaneefah »

I've done the same Richarlison :arrow: Jota.
If Richarlison drops as expected , it would wipe out any profit I made from him.

However my planned transfer was Vardy :arrow: Firmino .
I still may take a hit for that, Vardy's fixtures look pretty difficult even if he does score a lot against the better clubs.

I got a lot more bonus points than expected this week, so I maybe able to afford that hit.

pokeface
Red & Blue Braces

Post by pokeface »

Holding this week I think. Nothing pressing and will wait to see the results of the cup games.

Will keep an eye on Jota. Anyone got an opinion on Anderson? He started strong for me but hasn’t done much for a couple of weeks.

eastcentral1
Dumbledore

Post by eastcentral1 »

Despite having Richarlison and Anderson I think I will hold. Strong team for next game week (and Anderson probably even rides the bench).

garypallister
FISOhead

Post by garypallister »

Yep, no way I am selling these two on a low

ChrisD
Grumpy Old Man

Post by ChrisD »

@Bencrellin doing his excellent twitter analysis of blanks and gameweeks. The perceived wisdom is to wait as long as possible this week, as by the next deadline we’ll know who has a blank gw27, who is through/out in the fa cup (and what the 5th round draw is) and maybe if there is a short notice double in gw25. Don’t like losing value but it seems the knowledge is better than 0.1m or so to me right now..(though I know I’ll regret that down the line!)

snout
FISO Knight
FS Record: a slice of that cake, over there

Post by snout »

Caf wrote: 19 Jan 2019, 20:34 I’m hoping to roll it. F Anderson -> Jota is tempting, but is equally the sort of transfer that could backfire and see Anderson get more points next week. I have no other massive fires that need putting out, so doing nothing seems ok...
Snap. Although Sigurdsson could just as easily get the chop. Patience has to be key this week.

Elsewhere, I've been patiently sitting out Alonso's barren streak. Chelsea really need to sign a forward to get on the end of his crosses.

Terry Henry
Grumpy Old Man
FS Record: See me after class!

Post by Terry Henry »

Lingard to someone (9.3). Maybe Alli or Eriksen

Notned
FISO Knight

Post by Notned »

Thinking;

Hazard :arrow: Salah
Richarlison :arrow: 6m

Seems daft having held on to him to get rid of Hazard ahead of games against Bournemouth and Huddersfield, but not having Salah is not going well for me...

Is it a necessary move? And thoughts on the Richarlison replacement if so?

Joccki_10
Grumpy Old Joker
FS Record: 16/17: 55 OR, 1 FISO Forum, 1 NLD and FISO Cup Winner

Post by Joccki_10 »

Notned wrote: 20 Jan 2019, 14:06 Richarlison :arrow: 6m

[...]

And thoughts on the Richarlison replacement if so?
There’s only one target and his name rhymes with Dakota.

Notned
FISO Knight

Post by Notned »

Joccki_10 wrote: 20 Jan 2019, 14:10
Notned wrote: 20 Jan 2019, 14:06 Richarlison :arrow: 6m

[...]

And thoughts on the Richarlison replacement if so?
There’s only one target and his name rhymes with Dakota.
Ah yes, Jota! He'll likely be the one!

Just a bad feeling about shifting Hazard ahead of those fixtures, but Salah is surely essential now?

S_sutton87
Grumpy Old Man

Post by S_sutton87 »

Was going to take out arnie but now news he is staying so have gone deulofeu>alli for now

Sent from my H8216 using Tapatalk

tarkens
Grumpy Old Man

Post by tarkens »

looks like rolling, unless Llorente is benched later today then I might replace him with someone else

Stevieste
Dumbledore
FS Record: 24,360

Post by Stevieste »

S_sutton87 wrote: 20 Jan 2019, 14:16 Was going to take out arnie but now news he is staying so have gone deulofeu>alli for now

Harry Redknapp said he refused to travel to Bournemouth yesterday so id be careful he not punished and left out the squd for a few weeks

S_sutton87
Grumpy Old Man

Post by S_sutton87 »

Got him covered with my Bench but if that is the case will look to replace him with Wilson

First Sub Podcast
Grumpy Old Man
FS Record: Twitter @TheFirstSub_FPL

Post by First Sub Podcast »

Alli may have to go already if the hammy is bad.

Enough in the bank for Sane or Eriksen. Or downgrade to Jota and save some funds.

Will wait until deadline

mikek2010
Grumpy Old Man

Post by mikek2010 »

i have norris as the 2nd keeper.. so now i'd need to get rid of him too to bring in Jota for -4..
Richarlison >> Jota

worth it??

Blue Fire
Grumpy Old Man

Post by Blue Fire »

ChrisD wrote: 20 Jan 2019, 11:27 @Bencrellin doing his excellent twitter analysis of blanks and gameweeks. The perceived wisdom is to wait as long as possible this week, as by the next deadline we’ll know who has a blank gw27, who is through/out in the fa cup (and what the 5th round draw is) and maybe if there is a short notice double in gw25. Don’t like losing value but it seems the knowledge is better than 0.1m or so to me right now..(though I know I’ll regret that down the line!)
This

TheCrystalBall
Treebeard

Post by TheCrystalBall »

Blue Fire wrote: 21 Jan 2019, 00:30
ChrisD wrote: 20 Jan 2019, 11:27 @Bencrellin doing his excellent twitter analysis of blanks and gameweeks. The perceived wisdom is to wait as long as possible this week, as by the next deadline we’ll know who has a blank gw27, who is through/out in the fa cup (and what the 5th round draw is) and maybe if there is a short notice double in gw25. Don’t like losing value but it seems the knowledge is better than 0.1m or so to me right now..(though I know I’ll regret that down the line!)
This
I tend to make my transfers the day before the GW so waiting isn't an issue especially this game-week. Likely saving this week although waiting for the Alli diagnosis. Currently have Richa first sub so shouldn't be an issue either way

NSG

Post by NSG »

In next two match, Richarlison play with the worst team in league and Wol(H). Expect Everton goal score in first match is 2-3 and in second 2-3 (expect 4 goal score in next two match). Richa is striker and just guestion moment when will score two goals. Just should be a patient.

Resonare
Grumpy Old Man

Post by Resonare »

Probably Snodgrass :arrow: Puncheon or I'll roll if neither are moving in price.

aiwnjoo
Treebeard

Post by aiwnjoo »

Currently have Aguero, didn't really do much this weekend so guessing Jesus back? In that case it will be Aguero to Aub.

MoSe
Dumbledore
FS Record: FISODAS CUP Winner Season 25
FISO H2H Winner: 15/16 Div2 - 16/17 Div1
FISO Mirror: 16/17 PL Winner

Post by MoSe »

Notned wrote: 20 Jan 2019, 14:06 Thinking;
   Hazard :arrow: Salah
   Richarlison :arrow: 6m
Seems daft having held on to him to get rid of Hazard ahead of games against Bournemouth and Huddersfield, but not having Salah is not going well for me...

Is it a necessary move? And thoughts on the Richarlison replacement if so?
I read recently somewhere here "those who still not have Salah should have a good look at theirselves in the mirror" (or somehting like that, and this was the kind version)
Others are stil going on a No-Salah-project, or even sold him recently

I might have done wrong choices, especially since december,
but until GW15 my season was decent (by my standards), and I didn't feel that not having Salah all season had harmed me

Indeed in first 15 GWs Salah tallied 90p, exactly 6.0ppg
Without going into a deep analysis, it wasn't blatantly wrong trying to find a bit better value in other premiums at a bit lower price than his 13.x m

Then in the 8 GWs since, he scored 87p for a 10.9ppg, with 6 double-digit hauls except vs the two Manchester clubs.
His next fixtures don't seem significantly tougher than the past 6 where he hauled...
So, bringing him now, if not 11ppg, can we expect 9-10ppg, or even just 8?
That would justify 13.5m, while not having him begins to deal heavier damage, whereas up to gw15 you could claim that you were on par, going just different paths

with 2FT, the quickest path now to get Salah for me is
   Sterling :arrow: Salah
   Alonso :arrow: Tomkins (or 4.3m equivalent)
0 ITB left

I know, renouncing to Sterling is a taxing toll,
I also have Hazard, but selling him to keep Raheem would require me to find 0.2m more funds (2.5m instead of 2.3m)

the alternatives to selling Alonso to find the 2.3m, wolud be
- FAnderson to 5.0 Mid (Kanté? March? McArthur? Neves?)
- Richarlison to 4.4 Mid (McNeil??? Gunnarson?)
- Kun to 8.9 F1 (...Vardy :o) for a weak frontline completd now by Jiménez and Mitro :roll:
- Selling Haz too to 8.7 Mid (Pogba? going from Stering+Hazard to Salah+Pogba... :? )

Bølla pinnsvin
FISOhead

Post by Bølla pinnsvin »

MoSe wrote: 22 Jan 2019, 10:23
I might have done wrong choices, especially since december,
but until GW15 my season was decent (by my standards), and I didn't feel that not having Salah all season had harmed me

Indeed in first 15 GWs Salah tallied 90p, exactly 6.0ppg
Without going into a deep analysis, it wasn't blatantly wrong trying to find a bit better value in other premiums at a bit lower price than his 13.x m

Then in the 8 GWs since, he scored 87p for a 10.9ppg, with 6 double-digit hauls except vs the two Manchester clubs.
His next fixtures don't seem significantly tougher than the past 6 where he hauled...
So, bringing him now, if not 11ppg, can we expect 9-10ppg, or even just 8?
That would justify 13.5m, while not having him begins to deal heavier damage, whereas up to gw15 you could claim that you were on par, going just different paths

with 2FT, the quickest path now to get Salah for me is
   Sterling :arrow: Salah
   Alonso :arrow: Tomkins (or 4.3m equivalent)
0 ITB left

I know, renouncing to Sterling is a taxing toll,
I also have Hazard, but selling him to keep Raheem would require me to find 0.2m more funds (2.5m instead of 2.3m)

the alternatives to selling Alonso to find the 2.3m, wolud be
- FAnderson to 5.0 Mid (Kanté? March? McArthur? Neves?)
- Richarlison to 4.4 Mid (McNeil??? Gunnarson?)
- Kun to 8.9 F1 (...Vardy :o) for a weak frontline completd now by Jiménez and Mitro :roll:
- Selling Haz too to 8.7 Mid (Pogba? going from Stering+Hazard to Salah+Pogba... :? )
You were not alone, many of us removed Salah for a while. I did as well, but was in the fortunate position that I could rectify the mistake with the WC. I do think Salah is the way to go unless you're looking for a pure gamble and really need a different strategy than the rest in order to catch up.

Richarlison? Those who kept him may as well keep him for a bit longer. At least for Huddersfield. But if you're selling surely Jota must be a temptation. It would not be a pure gamble, though no one should expect a repeat of GW23.

I see a better case for selling FAnderson, but expect his fortune to turn if Arnautovic is integrated back.

If you rather opt for selling Alonso, not a bad move at all, I'd argue that you may as well go all the way to Bednarek. The cheapest man playing games is no bad choice in my mind. Leaves you with a bit of change for more important moves. A good alternative at 4,3 is Jonny, but then there is a limit to how many wolves-players a team can have...

However, moving Haz to Pogba is perhaps the best move. Hazard has not delivered much of lately, while Pogba has all the confidence in the world, bringing points and the deal leaves you with a good amount of cash. Having said that, I have both Haz and Pogba and think I'll keep faith in Haz still. He is quality in FPL and he may soon be linked with a better forward. My patience is not unlimited, but as Tottenham players are injuring themselves almost by the day I don't see the good alternatives at the moment.

Anyhow, as of now the best thing to do is wait. Transfers ahead of GW24 needs to be made when there is more information available. Tuesday 29 January is in fact the day for the(se) transfer(s).

MoSe
Dumbledore
FS Record: FISODAS CUP Winner Season 25
FISO H2H Winner: 15/16 Div2 - 16/17 Div1
FISO Mirror: 16/17 PL Winner

Post by MoSe »

Thanks Bølla for the advice

FAnd to Jota leaves me needing 0.9m more
Rich to Jota leaves me needing 1.5m more

entailing a further transfer for a Hit

I had also considered Bednarek, but at the same time I had a draft with Mitro to Ings, which made 4 Saints, I ended to remove both :lol:

Salah likely price rise tonite (at current rate) would price me out of some of the 0itb combinations above
e.g.
Sterling+Alonso to Salah+Tomkins (would need to go Bednarek indeed)
Sterling+Kun to Salah+Vardy
Sterling+Haz to Salah+Pogba

Ironfist
FISO Knight
FS Record: FPL 09/10 - 1824th

Post by Ironfist »

MoSe wrote: 22 Jan 2019, 12:20 Thanks Bølla for the advice

FAnd to Jota leaves me needing 0.9m more
Rich to Jota leaves me needing 1.5m more

entailing a further transfer for a Hit

I had also considered Bednarek, but at the same time I had a draft with Mitro to Ings, which made 4 Saints, I ended to remove both :lol:

Salah likely price rise tonite (at current rate) would price me out of some of the 0itb combinations above
e.g.
Smallest loss of attacking power.
I'd wait with Jota...

Bølla pinnsvin
FISOhead

Post by Bølla pinnsvin »

MoSe wrote: 22 Jan 2019, 12:20
e.g.
Sorry, I didn't take the time to consider the two moves together. One more try:

Personally I'd wait and accept that value would be lost in order to know if the slim chance of a DGW25 materialize and also secure information about BGW27. Bednarek instead of Tomkins is not much of a difference in my book, and I'd argue that blocking out even more Southampton players from your team is no loss. But maybe you risk more? Maybe there is a risk that all the players can change in value and you'll be prevented from doing the desired move.

Looking at the three alternatives you present I'd say they all look sensible to me. If you're willing to move for a cheaper bench player then this is a good time to move Alonso for Bednarek.

The last alternative is also attractive as you do get two in-form players. I have both Salah and Pogba so I can can surely back that move. You are obviously late to the party in both cases, but you're aware of that. Damage control perhaps.

You mention Aguero to Vardy. Not bad, bad Vardy looks more attractive from about GW27. You could maybe consider Aguero to Rashford if you're willing to ship Aguero now.

jacksosi
Grumpy Old Man
FS Record: TFF : 87th 06/07 ; FPL 1401st 08/09 ; 5AS champions 21/22 🔫🍸

Post by jacksosi »

Pereyra Jota done

ajcairns
Grumpy Old Man
FS Record: Still Decidedly Average.

Post by ajcairns »

waiting for a bit but likely to go Jiminez to Auba after the weekend fa cup games.

yttod1010
FISOhead

Post by yttod1010 »

i want to bank but tempted by redmond > jota

View Latest: 1 Day View Your posts

Return to “Fantasy PremierLeague.com (FPL)”