To see less ads Register or Login ----- Daily Fantasy Sports games 18+

Is Jota the real deal?

A Fantasy Football forum for news on fantasy football games run by the Premierleague (FPL).
huskerdu
FISOhead

Is Jota the real deal?

Post by huskerdu »

Or is this going to be a case of chasing yesterday's points?

sstaffsw
Grumpy Old Man

Re: Is Jota the real deal?

Post by sstaffsw »

I'm bringing him in. Jota was fantastic for us last season in the Championship and was hugely influential in our march to the title. I think it is fair to say he was slow to adjust to the PL and injuries certainly hampered his progress, but now he looks back to his best and he is definitely OOP on FPL.

Richarlison :arrow: Jota for me.

Wolves next five: WHA, eve, NEW, bou, HUD

Joccki_10
Grumpy Old Joker
FS Record: 16/17: 55 OR, 1 FISO Forum, 1 NLD and FISO Cup Winner

Post by Joccki_10 »

sstaffsw wrote: 19 Jan 2019, 17:49 I'm bringing him in. Jota was fantastic for us last season in the Championship and was hugely influential in our march to the title. I think it is fair to say he was slow to adjust to the PL and injuries certainly hampered his progress, but now he looks back to his best and he is definitely OOP on FPL.

Richarlison :arrow: Jota for me.

Wolves next five: WHA, eve, NEW, bou, HUD
But is this exact transfer worth a hit with Everton facing Huddersfield next?

mikek2010
Grumpy Old Man

Post by mikek2010 »

i have norris as the 2nd keeper.. so now i'd need to get rid of him too to bring in Jota for -4..
Richarlison >> Jota

worth it??

huskerdu
FISOhead

Post by huskerdu »

I did a -4 for Jota, no regrets

Ruth_NZ
Grumpy Old Gorilla

Post by Ruth_NZ »

huskerdu wrote: I did a -4 for Jota, no regrets.
And if he gets injured in the FAC on Saturday, will you have any regrets then?

I have had Jota planned to come in for GW24 for weeks but don't see any reason to move before the weekend myself. By the time GW24 deadline arrives we will have quite a bit more useful information about a fair few things.

Ruth_NZ
Grumpy Old Gorilla

Post by Ruth_NZ »

mikek2010 wrote: I have Norris as the 2nd keeper.. so now i'd need to get rid of him too to bring in Jota for -4.
Richarlison :arrow: Jota
Worth it??
I'd say not myself. I am giving Richarlison a few more games and wouldn't remove him for a hit anyway. In addition, it is just possible that he will have a DGW25; not likely but possible. We'll know by the GW24 deadline.

sstaffsw
Grumpy Old Man

Post by sstaffsw »

Ruth_NZ wrote: 21 Jan 2019, 05:01
huskerdu wrote: I did a -4 for Jota, no regrets.
And if he gets injured in the FAC on Saturday, will you have any regrets then?

I have had Jota planned to come in for GW24 for weeks but don't see any reason to move before the weekend myself. By the time GW24 deadline arrives we will have quite a bit more useful information about a fair few things.
I honestly don't think Jota will play against Shrewsbury. I think we are more likely to play a front three of Cavaliero/Costa/Traore. I'm not sure that Doherty will play either so that would mean Jonny at RWB and Vinagre at LWB. Probably Dendoncker and MGW for Moutinho and Neves. I have no hard info on this, just my opinion.

I must admit part of my reasoning for this is last time we played at Shrewsbury in a pre-season friendly (Nuno's first game on British soil) they kicked absolute lumps out of us and we lost 2-0. I know they are a different team now and they are also now managed by a recent and fondly remembered ex-Wolves player, but still.

NSG

Post by NSG »

Maybe not. Jota is a good player but probably this is his good moment. He came out of the injury and after match with WH they are visiting Everton and you can not expect point. Wait until you see how next match will be. Richarlison is dangerous and it is questions of the game when he will give two goals. Just need to be patient :)

Resonare
Grumpy Old Man

Post by Resonare »

I'm steering clear. I already have Doherty and Jimenez and triple wolves doesn't appeal to me much.

Ruth_NZ
Grumpy Old Gorilla

Post by Ruth_NZ »

sstaffsw wrote:I honestly don't think Jota will play against Shrewsbury.
No more do I but you never know. The point I was making was a bit broader really - maybe another player in your squad gets injured, maybe something happens to the one coming in... So it was about the logic of making a transfer so early when there is no urgency regarding price changes. :?

Beerfuelledman
FISO Knight
FS Record: FISO 17/18 FPL Cash Draft League Winner

Post by Beerfuelledman »

I think that Jota in particular (along with maybe Neves) was the player really tipped to do well in the PL. Obviously he didnt start so well but I think the recent showings are more akin to what was expected of him so hopefully he's found his ground and should continue the good showings.

Currently Im holding off until I know more about the BGWs but a confirmed Wolves fixture in BGW31 and he'd figure very strongly in my thinking.

sstaffsw
Grumpy Old Man

Post by sstaffsw »

Diogo Jota admits he wasn't fully fit at the start of the season: “I had a few problems. I was struggling to feel good on the pitch. "But Saturday was one of the greatest days of my life. Now is a good moment. I am able to do what I always want to do.” #WWFC

DeadlySub
Wideboy
FS Record: Beginner

Post by DeadlySub »

I’d like to bring him in as 5th midfielder, in place of Kante. This would be funded by Alonso to TAA.

Plenty of things would need to come together for this to be possible though, such as Alli making a miraculous recovery. A DGW 25 would also preclude bringing him in.

TheRumourMill
Grumpy Old Man
FS Record: FPL: Similar to Everton - haven't cracked the top 10k glass ceiling yet, neither have I had and sub 500k shockers either!
International tournaments: Better, 11k in WC 2018 and top 1000 way back at Euro 2012!

Post by TheRumourMill »

Since the 29th November he has the 4th highest expected goal involvement per 90 in the entire league, so his recent form is backed up well by the underlying data. One word of caution though, every one of his goals in that period has come with Ruben Vinagre playing left wing back, a natural left footer who provided width and therefore allows Jota room to cut/run inside. When Jonny (a natural right footer) plays left wing back, Jota hasn't scored all season. So I think Jota's situation is intrinsically linked to that of Matt Doherty, actually. If Doherty has a spell out the side following his dropping at the weekend with Jonny and Vinagre the wing backs it may well benefit Jota.

Ruth_NZ
Grumpy Old Gorilla

Post by Ruth_NZ »

DeadlySub wrote:...such as Alli making a miraculous recovery...
Even the mildest hamstring strain is usually 2 weeks. It will likely be longer for Alli. He had hamstring problems twice already this season and it is an injury that can easily repeat. The first time he was out 14 days, they then took a risk and played him and it recurred again after his 1st full game back, putting him out for 31 days.

If Spurs have the slightest sense at all then you can count on Alli being out for 3 weeks at the very least I'd say. More likely a month.

TheRumourMill wrote:One word of caution though, every one of his goals in that period has come with Ruben Vinagre playing left wing back, a natural left footer who provided width and therefore allows Jota room to cut/run inside. When Jonny (a natural right footer) plays left wing back, Jota hasn't scored all season. So I think Jota's situation is intrinsically linked to that of Matt Doherty, actually. If Doherty has a spell out the side following his dropping at the weekend with Jonny and Vinagre the wing backs it may well benefit Jota.
No, don't agree at all with that. Wolves have recently changed from a 3-4-3 to a 3-4-1-2 with Jota alongside Jimenez at the top. It won't matter who is LWB while they are in that system. It also makes Moutinho a much better option as he is now playing behind the front 2.
Last edited by Ruth_NZ on 21 Jan 2019, 13:00, edited 1 time in total.

Smurphy Paw
FISO Knight
FS Record: Mediocre, apparently
13/14: FPL 1792; FIFA 14 Top 700.
17/18: FPL 696th; loads of mini-League wins and side game promotions
18/19 1FC Köln 5AS Champions
#1 Spring Super League regular season 19/20 & 20/21

Post by Smurphy Paw »

That's interesting analysis TRM.
The phrase that jumps out at me is about Doherty being 'dropped' rather than 'rested', 'rotated', etc. Was that deliberate phraseology?

First Sub Podcast
Grumpy Old Man
FS Record: Twitter @TheFirstSub_FPL

Post by First Sub Podcast »

Considering Jota as my Alli replacement, while keeping Richarlison for now.

100% waiting until Tuesday 29th before doing anything though. One of those GW’s where the maximum amount of info is so helpful.

TheRumourMill
Grumpy Old Man
FS Record: FPL: Similar to Everton - haven't cracked the top 10k glass ceiling yet, neither have I had and sub 500k shockers either!
International tournaments: Better, 11k in WC 2018 and top 1000 way back at Euro 2012!

Post by TheRumourMill »

Ruth_NZ wrote: 21 Jan 2019, 12:55
DeadlySub wrote:...such as Alli making a miraculous recovery...
Even the mildest hamstring strain is usually 2 weeks. It will likely be longer for Alli. He had hamstring problems twice already this season and it is an injury that can easily repeat. The first time he was out 14 days, they then took a risk and played him and it recurred again after his 1st full game back, putting him out for 31 days.

If Spurs have the slightest sense at all then you can count on Alli being out for 3 weeks at the very least I'd say. More likely a month.

TheRumourMill wrote:One word of caution though, every one of his goals in that period has come with Ruben Vinagre playing left wing back, a natural left footer who provided width and therefore allows Jota room to cut/run inside. When Jonny (a natural right footer) plays left wing back, Jota hasn't scored all season. So I think Jota's situation is intrinsically linked to that of Matt Doherty, actually. If Doherty has a spell out the side following his dropping at the weekend with Jonny and Vinagre the wing backs it may well benefit Jota.
No, don't agree at all with that. Wolves have recently changed from a 3-4-3 to a 3-4-1-2 with Jota alongside Jimenez at the top. It won't matter who is LWB while they are in that system. It also makes Moutinho a much better option as he is now playing behind the front 2.
Good rebuttal Ruth, thanks. I was about to land myself in the no mans land of a little knowledge being a dangerous thing! :lol: On a related note, In a 3-4-1-2 the wing backs provide most of the width so we may see Vinagre benefit from this formational switch as the only left footed full back.

TheRumourMill
Grumpy Old Man

Post by TheRumourMill »

Smurphy's Paw wrote: 21 Jan 2019, 12:58 That's interesting analysis TRM.
The phrase that jumps out at me is about Doherty being 'dropped' rather than 'rested', 'rotated', etc. Was that deliberate phraseology?
Well it was based on this from Nuno pre match (from the guardian mbm):

Nuno speaks to Sky Sports, and is asked why Matt Doherty isn’t in the starting XI. “Cos Jonny’s gonna play. Options, options, I’m always trying to better the team. We are totally confident that the decisions we make are the right ones. We have a small squad but a versatile enough one to know that when a player is missing we have other options, and we can maintain our performance. Today is a tough challenge, Leicester is a good team and we look forward to playing them.”

Pretty ambiguous tbh, "I'm always trying to better the team" suggests a dropping! The talk of "options" suggests it may be rotation, and the phrase "when a player is missing" suggests it may just be a 1 week thing. So to sum up, I have no idea :lol: Can you read into it more insightfully than I can? If I had to guess, I'd say he and Jonny (and possibly Vinagre) might be rotated with each other, possibly due to the reason they now play in a 3-4-2-1 as Ruth has pointed out above.

sstaffsw
Grumpy Old Man

Post by sstaffsw »

Pretty sure Doherty didn't start the game because his partner gave birth during the week and he missed some training sessions as a result.

Ruth_NZ
Grumpy Old Gorilla

Post by Ruth_NZ »

TheRumourMill wrote:On a related note, In a 3-4-1-2 the wing backs provide most of the width so we may see Vinagre benefit from this formational switch as the only left footed full back.
Yeah, I guess that's a question that concerns a lot of us right now because of the implications for Doherty. I think Jonny plays LWB well but he is a RB naturally. Wolves conceded 3 at the weekend so that might suggest that they are defensively sounder with Doherty playing? Who knows? But I did see reports in the local press that suggested that Doherty had missed some training last week because his wife was giving birth, also that there is some interest in him from Spurs. Don't know if either is true but I guess we'll just have to watch what happens

Smurphy Paw
FISO Knight

Post by Smurphy Paw »

sstaffsw wrote: 21 Jan 2019, 13:24 Pretty sure Doherty didn't start the game because his partner gave birth during the week and he missed some training sessions as a result.
Thanks

Archy
Grumpy Old Man
FS Record: Maybe all is not lost after all

Post by Archy »

I've done Anderson :arrow: Jota

The way I look at it, the chances of me forgetting to do it before a price change are greater than the chances of an injury in the FA Cup so have done it sooner rather than later.

There's also the "I'm sick of seeing them in my team" element also... this applies to both Richarlison (who went on an early transfer last week) and Anderson in my case.... I wanted them gone so i can look at my team and actually like the look of what I'm seeing lol

Jota i think is worth it btw: Good historic stats, young and improving, £5.9m (Started the season at £6.5m), OOP, Nice run of fixtures for the next 6 games

The Royal BlueNose
Grumpy Old Man
FS Record: Average at best!

Post by The Royal BlueNose »

Are we not expecting Jota to have gone up in price come the transfer deadline?

I've been stung so many times by waiting out to the deadline. Prices going up and down on players (lost recently on Alonso and Snodgrass's drops and will lose on Anderson who's gone down in the last week).

Last season I was ruthless - I'd do the transfer as soon as both had played and just prayed they didn't get injured in training/in the cup/on international duty!

hancockjr
Dumbledore
FS Record: FPL: Not as good as it was, but still very respectable.

Post by hancockjr »

I did it early last week and then Kane got injured - would have been much easier to get Salah in by transferring Kane out than what I did. Either way it's a gamble.

Mind you, given this week I have to get rid of Kane, and already have three Wolves, none in midfield, Jota's not an option without a -8!

Bobby Fetta
Grumpy Old Man

Post by Bobby Fetta »

I'm surprised Jota hasn't risen already - a hattrick for a cheap player is usually enough for mass purchases? Lots of people talking about getting him in the GW transfer thread too. But looks like he is now getting close to a predicted rise on FPLstats.

His stats have been gradually improving through the season, and his returns have suddenly caught up. The move upfront combined with the fixtures and the chance to raise some money by dumping Richarlison is very tempting for me.

Smurphy Paw
FISO Knight

Post by Smurphy Paw »

I think that lots are waiting for the Cup ties, or more pertinently the D/BGW fall out. For example if Chelsea have a DGW25 I’ll need to bring in Hazard to TC him and would only have 2 transfers to play with. My current route would be via Anderson and Pereyra (& ££ in the bank). In that scenario I’d have to be looking at Camarasa or Kanye instead of Jota so I prefer to wait out a modest rise of £0.1/£0.2m

Ruth_NZ
Grumpy Old Gorilla

Post by Ruth_NZ »

Bobby Fetta wrote: I'm surprised Jota hasn't risen already...
He was 0.3% towards a rise before he played Saturday. Now 90%. That's because 50,000 managers have not done the sensible thing and waited.:?
Unfortunately for me that means I have to jump early as well or pay more. As there is no doubt that I will bring Jota in anyway I'll probably get it done I guess, just seems so unnecessary.

Stevieste
Dumbledore
FS Record: 24,360

Post by Stevieste »

Think i will let Richarlison play his last game against Huddersfield before i swap him for Jota.

Does Jota being in this form help those that have Jiminez in there team or not ?

Just ive currently got Kamara i want to swap who more important than Richarlison and thinking i could get Jimienez in as maybe he could rack up more points with Jota in team alongside him

View Latest: 1 Day View Your posts

Return to “Fantasy PremierLeague.com (FPL)”