To see less ads Register or Login ----- Daily Fantasy Sports games 18+

Trent Alexander-Arnold

A Fantasy Football forum for news on fantasy football games run by the Premierleague (FPL).

TAA

Keep
50%
Sell
50%

Total votes: 52

murf
FISO Viscount
FS Record: Once led TFF. Very briefly.

Re: Trent Alexander-Arnold

Post by murf »

Not sure who said knee (except 5Live before kick off). He trod on the ball and twisted his ankle at the end of the warm up, got an injection and survived 90 minutes (see his own quotes after the game). You'd think he'd be ok to do that again a week later but obviously damage was worse than thought (when risking him for the game).

A bit of rest and he'll be ok but how long??. I once crocked my ankle in the warm up, played on and then not again for a few months. A) I was in goal so less of an issue to play and B) I didn't get Premier League level healthcare! Good job I didn't take my boot off til after the game though or I'd never have got it back on again. Swelled up to the size of the ball.

Joccki_10
Grumpy Old Joker
FS Record: 16/17: 55 OR, 1 FISO Forum, 1 NLD and FISO Cup Winner

Post by Joccki_10 »

Have Liverpool officially said that TAA is out for a certain period like Spurs have done about Kane? Couldn't find anything on their Twitter feed which makes me wonder what's right and what's wrong.

murf
FISO Viscount

Post by murf »

Joccki_10 wrote: 16 Jan 2019, 19:05Have Liverpool officially said that TAA is out for a certain period like Spurs have done about Kane? Couldn't find anything on their Twitter feed which makes me wonder what's right and what's wrong.
Nothing at all officially said since post-match quotes.

Chinese Whisperer
Treebeard

Post by Chinese Whisperer »

I heard on BBC 5 Live that he would be out for 2 weeks.

skip
Red & Blue Braces
FS Record: UFPL beta winner 2014, OFL ISO winner 2013

Post by skip »

After Palace on Saturday Liverpool have 10 days until the next game, so fingers crossed he only misses 1 league match.

The Real Slim Shady
Dumbledore
FS Record: 1,465th in FPL 05/06

Post by The Real Slim Shady »

I’ve just benched him as my bench isn’t too bad and no point wasting a transfer. Hopefully he’s only out for a couple weeks.

Stemania
FISO Jedi Knight
Location: On the Iron Throne of xG, the seat of The Crown Prince of the Stat Perverts. Or if not, in the STC!
FS Record: Best: TFF 321st. FPL 129th. FFS Career HoF Peak 2nd (Live 1st). Ability since lost.

Post by Stemania »

I'm inClyned to keep TAA with the lack of clarity on the timeframe. :mrgreen:

We'll hopefully have a lot more info in 10 days time, and if it's only a game or two missing that's fine.

I would remove him if I had a free, however, but putting out the Spurs attackers fire takes priority.

Finisher1
Dumbledore

Post by Finisher1 »

Stemania wrote: 17 Jan 2019, 10:34 We'll hopefully have a lot more info in 10 days time, and if it's only a game or two missing that's fine.
Yeah it works for you because you bought him early. Those who bought him at 5.2m should definitely sell because it can easily be 0.3-0.4 gain in team value (considering that TAA is dropping fast and an alternative is probably rising fast), in addition to being able to field a better player of course.

edit. Just noticed you bought him at 5.1m. I think you should probably sell him for Robertson, you can probably afford it by selling Kane. You will earn some money and Robertson may well justify a hit even in GW23 already, not to mention if TAA is out for more than one game (which is quite possible, I would think). I think it's worth a hit.

Obviously you should wait for tomorrow's presser before doing it, but if Klopp doesn't clearly state he expects TAA to miss only one game, then I think it's a clear sell.
Last edited by Finisher1 on 17 Jan 2019, 11:40, edited 1 time in total.

Stevieste
Dumbledore
FS Record: 24,360

Post by Stevieste »

Finisher1 wrote: 17 Jan 2019, 11:23
Stemania wrote: 17 Jan 2019, 10:34 We'll hopefully have a lot more info in 10 days time, and if it's only a game or two missing that's fine.
Yeah it works for you because you bought him early. Those who bought him at 5.2m should definitely sell because it can easily be 0.3-0.4 gain in team value (considering that TAA is dropping fast and an alternative is probably rising fast), in addition to being able to field a better player of course.

edit. Just noticed you bought him at 5.1m. I think you should probably sell him for Robertson, you can probably afford it by selling Kane. You will earn some money and Robertson may well justify a hit even in GW23 already, not to mention if TAA is out for more than one game (which is quite possible, I would think). I think it's worth a hit.
He red flagged and has a return date of 23rd Feb.
Does FPL have some news that we dont ?

I wanted to keep him, but if its any longer than 2 weeks, he will have to go for me.
Shame really as he is a very good price in a team that gets plenty of clean sheets and he is always good for a goal or an assist

Finisher1
Dumbledore

Post by Finisher1 »

Stevieste wrote: 17 Jan 2019, 11:37 He red flagged and has a return date of 23rd Feb.
Does FPL have some news that we dont ?

I wanted to keep him, but if its any longer than 2 weeks, he will have to go for me.
Shame really as he is a very good price in a team that gets plenty of clean sheets and he is always good for a goal or an assist
Maybe it's based on initial reports. Tomorrow's presser will tell us a lot.

The thing is if you wait for 10 days only to have a perfect information and then this information tells you he is still out, you have lost. You have to think about how likely this information is to be positive, and how likely it is to be negative. Tomorrow's presser will be very telling.

What I mean is that a decision to wait for more information is a gamble and it includes a risk. If you wait, you are de facto placing your bet on future information being positive more likely than negative.

So whether you decide to sell him now or wait for more information, both of those decisions are gambles and both of those decisions include risks as well as potential profits.

Gambit
Grumpy Old Man

Post by Gambit »

skip wrote: 17 Jan 2019, 01:05 After Palace on Saturday Liverpool have 10 days until the next game, so fingers crossed he only misses 1 league match.
well spotted, which means he'll have had 17 days rest by the time GW comes round, hopefully enough time for him to be fit.

Unless there is news tomorrow I'm edging towards keeping, the price drops will be an annoyance but I'd want him back when he returns and my defence should be ok without him.

Turd Ferguson
FISOhead

Post by Turd Ferguson »

Gambit wrote: 17 Jan 2019, 15:02
skip wrote: 17 Jan 2019, 01:05 After Palace on Saturday Liverpool have 10 days until the next game, so fingers crossed he only misses 1 league match.
well spotted, which means he'll have had 17 days rest by the time GW comes round, hopefully enough time for him to be fit.

Unless there is news tomorrow I'm edging towards keeping, the price drops will be an annoyance but I'd want him back when he returns and my defence should be ok without him.
Yes, but gameweek 24 is a midweek game leaving a short turnaround to the next game. Liverpool play on Wednesday the 30th followed by Monday the 4th. Plus GW26 is only another 5 days after that, the 9th. If the news is at all negative in Klopp's press conference I think you need to get rid. There's a realistic chance he misses 4 games.

murf
FISO Viscount

Post by murf »

murf wrote:
Joccki_10 wrote: 16 Jan 2019, 19:05Have Liverpool officially said that TAA is out for a certain period like Spurs have done about Kane? Couldn't find anything on their Twitter feed which makes me wonder what's right and what's wrong.
Nothing at all officially said since post-match quotes.
Still nothing official but Andy Robertson mentioned, in passing, in an interview today that TAA will be missing for a "couple of weeks."

Desperado
Treebeard

Post by Desperado »

murf wrote: 17 Jan 2019, 21:28 Still nothing official but Andy Robertson mentioned, in passing, in an interview today that TAA will be missing for a "couple of weeks."
A bit of an off topic but I wonder if this what Robbo has said in an interview is OK for the club. Surely if TAA was about to miss 10 days, that is already public information from the club and Robertson said to the media "TAA is going to be out for couple of weeks" it's okay since he's exaggerating. Also the considering the vagueness of the time frame in this case makes the comment pretty indifferent.

At times lightly used social media stories do reveal stuff at that might not be allowed to leak. Pictures of a team mates working with a physio, with a protective boot etc. Of course there are clauses in their contracts that restrict what the players can do and say abut the team and teammates but how often they actually get into trouble? How often there are clashes behind closed doors between the club and individual players?

murf
FISO Viscount

Post by murf »

The interview was an internal one on the LFC website about his new contract.

Bixer
FISOhead

Post by Bixer »

Yeah leaning much towards holding now, I'd be surprised if he missed more than 2 games. Fair chance he only misses 1 anyway.

MPTree
Grumpy Old Man

Post by MPTree »

Klopp says he will be "close for tomorrow". Presumably not as bad as feared.

Finisher1
Dumbledore

Post by Finisher1 »

Wow, that's a big surprise. I think he doesn't play tomorrow but it definitely sounds like he should be back for GW24 at least.

um09a2k
Grumpy Old Man

Post by um09a2k »

That's hilarious. I actually think he could play tomorrow.

Spent all week looking at Trent replacements and had Shaw penciled in as a replacement.

Definitely holding now, even if it means Bennett comes in as a sub.

eastcentral1
Dumbledore

Post by eastcentral1 »

Yep will hold with Kola sub. It's a little annoying though as it looks like I'll miss out on a guaranteed Liverpool cs.

Joccki_10
Grumpy Old Joker
FS Record: 16/17: 55 OR, 1 FISO Forum, 1 NLD and FISO Cup Winner

Post by Joccki_10 »

Transferred him out for Shaw last night. He’ll come back in for Rüdiger when fit.

Ruth_NZ
Grumpy Old Gorilla

Post by Ruth_NZ »

The Real Slim Shady wrote: Could be up to a month with a knee injury! Really annoying as I’ve only really had him for the Brighton game. What are people going to do then?
Probably keep him until he's fit again, although I might switch him for Gomez if it looks like TAA will be out for more than a few weeks.

skip
Red & Blue Braces
FS Record: UFPL beta winner 2014, OFL ISO winner 2013

Post by skip »

Sounds like he should never have been red flagged as the only news coming out of Liverpool is Klopp saying he’s close to playing this weekend.

Zimmerman
FISO Jedi Knight

Post by Zimmerman »

Klopp says he will "decide day by day" with Gini Wijnaldum and Trent Alexander-Arnold. "Both for sure really, really close for tomorrow (v Palace)."

Spinynorman
FISO Jedi Fish
FS Record: Under Ordinary

Post by Spinynorman »

...and to think I nearly wild carded because of the TAA news. :shock:

Smurphy Paw
FISO Knight
FS Record: Mediocre, apparently
13/14: FPL 1792; FIFA 14 Top 700.
17/18: FPL 696th; loads of mini-League wins and side game promotions
18/19 1FC Köln 5AS Champions
#1 Spring Super League regular season 19/20 & 20/21

Post by Smurphy Paw »

:evil:

No Way Jose
Grumpy Old Man
FS Record: Fluked first season

Post by No Way Jose »

Spinynorman wrote: 18 Jan 2019, 15:59 ...and to think I nearly wild carded because of the TAA news. :shock:
+1

brencarr
Grumpy Old Man
FS Record: TFF best finish; 60th 2013/14

Post by brencarr »

That red flag was not FPL's finest hour, or Klopp's, or somebody in the chain (including me). In the last week I've transferred TAA in AND out of my team due to reports of a month-long absence .... and my rubbish bench .... and my inability to remain patient :evil:

The only thing that can save me now is his replacement (VVD) having a stormer.

murf
FISO Viscount

Post by murf »

What did Klopp do wrong?

You all and FPL have been listening to rumours!

um09a2k
Grumpy Old Man

Post by um09a2k »

brencarr wrote: 18 Jan 2019, 20:26 That red flag was not FPL's finest hour, or Klopp's, or somebody in the chain (including me). In the last week I've transferred TAA in AND out of my team due to reports of a month-long absence .... and my rubbish bench .... and my inability to remain patient :evil:

The only thing that can save me now is his replacement (VVD) having a stormer.
This is why you only go by official quotes directly from the club/manager.

View Latest: 1 Day View Your posts

Return to “Fantasy PremierLeague.com (FPL)”