To see less ads Register or Login ----- Daily Fantasy Sports games 18+

Gonzalo Higuain

A Fantasy Football forum for news on fantasy football games run by the Premierleague (FPL).
The Real Slim Shady
Dumbledore
FS Record: 1,465th in FPL 05/06

Gonzalo Higuain

Post by The Real Slim Shady »

Anyone tempted to take a cheeky punt on him? And what do you reckon his price will be?

I’ll go for 10.5.

Oxford NZ
Dumbledore
FS Record: They think it's all over!

Re: Gonzalo Higuain

Post by Oxford NZ »

Should be 10.0 imo but more than likely higher. Given the choice we have up front he would make a differential for a week or so.

Stevieste
Dumbledore
FS Record: 24,360

Post by Stevieste »

This is a positive for people who still have Hazard, he now has someone to put away the chances he creates

Zimmerman
FISO Jedi Knight

Post by Zimmerman »

How good do we think he is?
Is he still trading on former glories?

Just turned 31
Manage 1 in 2 for Juve in the Champions League (probably a better indicator than his league returns for them).

Goals have been fewer since moving to Milan (or is that because he’s been agitating for a move).

Personally i think he’s too risky.
It’s definitely a watching brief for me.

Mike1989
Treebeard

Post by Mike1989 »

Let’s say you’re like a lot of FPL owners and looking for a Harry Kane replacement. You currently own Rashford and let’s say Jimenez (in my case I’ve taken a gamble with Llorente as my third striker, previously it was Ings). What are your options?

Aubameyang at 11.3 is as good an option as any. He’s got the most points of any striker. Downside? Not much, but he does have Chelsea this week and tends to play AML rather than as the main striker. In a sense it’s a shame he’s not classified like Sanchez was but as high priced strikers go he’s as good as any of them, and with Arsenal pushing for top four he’s unlikely to be a rotation risk.

Aguero 11.2 and Jesus 10.1 are alternatives from the high powered City scoring machine. Downside? Rotation risks. Has Jesus done enough to start this weekend or will Aguero retain his place? If Aguero returns how many minutes will he play before Jesus comes on, or vice versa? Will Pep try to play them both? The issue with any city forward is rotation and minutes played. They are still good scoring options and are among the best in FPL despite rotation and minutes played, so it’s not a major issue, but you do have to accept a potential blank if Pep does his thing.

Firmino 9.3 is excellent value if you don’t already have three other Liverpool players (Salah, Mane, VVD, Robertson, TAA, Allison). Generally no risk of rotation and so he’s a safe selection. Downside? A bit streaky. For example GW1-5 he scored two goals and two assists, scoring 5,2,5,7,9; then from GW6-12, he scored 2 points in all but one game, and in that game he scored 1 point. That was followed by 12,2,7,9 then three two point weeks, then 17 and 8, and last weekend another 2 points. So stilll good and fine value, but streaky. Good fixtures and he saves money to invest elsewhere.

Anyone else?

Not really. There aren’t a lot of other appealing options if you don’t fancy Auba for whatever reason, or want to avoid the Aguero/Jesus rotation risk, or can’t pick Firmino due to already having a trio of Liverpool. So taking a risk on Higuain might be worth it if he makes the transition. Chelsea do have good atacking options and their manager likes to play positively, so he should be able to do well, and maybe going for him instead of Lacazette, Vardy or Wilson would be better. That said, it might worth waiting to see how he fits in because he might not start straight away.

For me, I’d stick with Auba, Aguero or Firmino for the time being, but I’d be keeping a close eye on Higuain. Conversely I wouldn’t rule out Wilson or Jimenez and then rolling with high priced midfielders like Salah, Sterling etc who are high scoring options and invest the money saved on strikers in the midfield. Maybe the return they’ll get will be worth it.

TheRumourMill
Grumpy Old Man
FS Record: FPL: Similar to Everton - haven't cracked the top 10k glass ceiling yet, neither have I had and sub 500k shockers either!
International tournaments: Better, 11k in WC 2018 and top 1000 way back at Euro 2012!

Post by TheRumourMill »

Personally I think his best years are behind him. Chelsea have a habit of signing expensive strikers who are on the way down: Crespo, Shevchenko, Torres are 3 that immediately spring to mind. In the case of Higuain after 3 years of consistent goalscoring and outperforming his xG, he seems notably down on both this year. That said, Sarri got the best out of him at Napoli, so perhaps he can unlock some form there. I personally think he's a wait and see, especially at the price he is likely to come in at. As a current Hazard owner, I'm intruiged to see how that plays out though. It may be that Higuain improves Hazard and allows him to play back in his best position and flourish there.

DavidLloydIsAHero
Grumpy Old Man
FS Record: 2014/15 1757th FPL
Formerly David Luiz Is A Hero

Post by DavidLloydIsAHero »

I think he'll come in at 11M, due to his reputation.

Makes Hazard more interesting but I won't go near Higuain until he has proved worthy of it to be honest. Anything below 10M though and I might be tempted but thats unlikely

Bixer
FISOhead

Post by Bixer »

Would be a wait and see for me, I personally don't think he's that good and won't be a huge improvement over Morata.

Notned
FISO Knight

Post by Notned »

Wait and see for me. As with others though, I'm keen to see how he might affect Hazard's performances. He's been close to a transfer out for me for a couple of weeks now but I haven't quite managed it, so hopefully the Higuain transfer aligns with an upturn in form for him.

Billy Bongo
FISO Knight

Post by Billy Bongo »

Scored less goals than Morata this season, avoid

Sent from my SM-G965F using Tapatalk

hancockjr
Dumbledore
FS Record: FPL: Not as good as it was, but still very respectable.

Post by hancockjr »

TheRumourMill wrote: 17 Jan 2019, 10:52 Personally I think his best years are behind him. Chelsea have a habit of signing expensive strikers who are on the way down: Crespo, Shevchenko, Torres are 3 that immediately spring to mind.
May I add Falcao to that list please!

Matty B
Grumpy Old Man

Post by Matty B »

Weah, Eto'o and worst of all Pato (not expensive but definitely on their way down !!!)

Tall Paul
Dumbledore

Post by Tall Paul »

Other than Drogba and Costa, Chelsea haven't had much success with strikers under Abramovich.

raoul
Dumbledore
FS Record: Tied for OR 1st worldwide in FPL in GW5 in 21/22 (only to then finish 1m), and ranked 1st in TFF late in season 21/22 (eventual finish 95th). Won an old game called Football Fantastic. Best Fanteam finish 117th and cashed £150. Best FPL finish 2.4K.

Post by raoul »

Don't discount Vardy. Leicester have a decent fixture run approaching and if Puel goes, as seems to be on the cards...

TheRumourMill
Grumpy Old Man
FS Record: FPL: Similar to Everton - haven't cracked the top 10k glass ceiling yet, neither have I had and sub 500k shockers either!
International tournaments: Better, 11k in WC 2018 and top 1000 way back at Euro 2012!

Post by TheRumourMill »

hancockjr wrote: 17 Jan 2019, 14:20
TheRumourMill wrote: 17 Jan 2019, 10:52 Personally I think his best years are behind him. Chelsea have a habit of signing expensive strikers who are on the way down: Crespo, Shevchenko, Torres are 3 that immediately spring to mind.
You sure can! Demba Ba was hardly a roaring success either. Did they used to own Mateja Kezman for a bit too? He was piss poor for them aswell.

Stevieste
Dumbledore

Post by Stevieste »

TheRumourMill wrote: 17 Jan 2019, 16:27
hancockjr wrote: 17 Jan 2019, 14:20
You sure can! Demba Ba was hardly a roaring success either. Did they used to own Mateja Kezman for a bit too? He was piss poor for them aswell.
Was Kezman the one who was sacked for taking cocaine ? Or was that someone else ?

Pirlo's Beard
FISO Jedi Knight

Post by Pirlo's Beard »

Stevieste wrote: 17 Jan 2019, 16:30 Was Kezman the one who was sacked for taking cocaine ? Or was that someone else ?
Mutu.

Stevieste
Dumbledore

Post by Stevieste »

Pirlo's Beard wrote: 17 Jan 2019, 16:32
Stevieste wrote: 17 Jan 2019, 16:30 Was Kezman the one who was sacked for taking cocaine ? Or was that someone else ?
Mutu.

Ahh yes Adrian Muto thats the one.

Maybe Kezman needed some of that as he was pants at Chelsea :lol:

DavidLloydIsAHero
Grumpy Old Man

That was Mutu, I think we're still in legal proceedings with him for that.

As a fan I'm pretty happy with the deal, it can't be any worse than what we have and it doesn't look like there is an obligation to buy, but an option to and an option to extend the loan if we want. That seems a good solution to get us through the season and allows us to weigh our options in the summer.

p.s. Bit harsh on Crespo, he did pretty well for us and Ba & Eto'o were only ever signed to be 2nd choice a la Giroud and fulfilled that role well enough. Got no defence at all for Torres, Sheva or Falcao though!

TheRumourMill
Grumpy Old Man

Post by TheRumourMill »

David Luiz Is A Hero wrote: 17 Jan 2019, 16:36 That was Mutu, I think we're still in legal proceedings with him for that.

As a fan I'm pretty happy with the deal, it can't be any worse than what we have and it doesn't look like there is an obligation to buy, but an option to and an option to extend the loan if we want. That seems a good solution to get us through the season and allows us to weigh our options in the summer.

p.s. Bit harsh on Crespo, he did pretty well for us and Ba & Eto'o were only ever signed to be 2nd choice a la Giroud and fulfilled that role well enough. Got no defence at all for Torres, Sheva or Falcao though!
I'd forgotten Mutu, he started well but really tailed off I seem to remember? If its just a loan its fairly risk free, and at this point I think they just need bodies to play at CF, whoever they are lol. Anyones an upgrade on Morata.

I really liked Crespo, he was a bit of ahero of mine watching him bang in goals for these glamorous Italian clubs in the 90's and 2000's. And he was far, far better than Drogba for quite a long time until Drogba found his feet in the premier league. A lot of people forget that. I think my point specifically regarding Crespo was that Chelsea only got a year of him at his best before he started to Decline really, whereas Shevchenko, Falcao and Torres were all clearly already in a downward spiral when chelsea decided to sign them.

DavidLloydIsAHero
Grumpy Old Man

We only had Crespo for a year I think, but yeah Drogba did take a while to adapt and was even considering going back to France at one stage.

I think Torres is easy to see in hindsight but not many said it at the time, Shevchenko was a long term target we didn't take off the list when we should have done and Falcao had to have been a dodgy deal imo

Joccki_10
Grumpy Old Joker
FS Record: 16/17: 55 OR, 1 FISO Forum, 1 NLD and FISO Cup Winner

Post by Joccki_10 »

Giroud has never been given a real chance imo.

Ruth_NZ
Grumpy Old Gorilla

Post by Ruth_NZ »

Sarri: "Higuain will keep scoring goals until the day he dies. He is a goal machine, a systematic and automatic jackpot."

Pirlo's Beard
FISO Jedi Knight

Post by Pirlo's Beard »

Ruth_NZ wrote: 17 Jan 2019, 23:33 "He is a goal machine, a systematic and automatic jackpot."

Dr Van Nostrand
Kevin and Perry

Post by Dr Van Nostrand »

Straight in for the crippled Kane for me. Just hoping he starts this w/e as don't want to use 2 transfers.

He's a set and forget goalscorer ideally suited for the Prem with an attacking manager that he broke records for and still just 31.

Bixer
FISOhead

Post by Bixer »

Dr Van Nostrand wrote: 18 Jan 2019, 08:40 Straight in for the crippled Kane for me. Just hoping he starts this w/e as don't want to use 2 transfers.

He's a set and forget goalscorer ideally suited for the Prem with an attacking manager that he broke records for and still just 31.
I'm pretty sure he won't, considering the move hasn't even been completed yet. Even if it goes through this afternoon, I believe he'll have missed the deadline to play this weekend and the game itself definitely won't have enough time to add him in before the deadline.

TheRumourMill
Grumpy Old Man

Post by TheRumourMill »

Ruth_NZ wrote: 17 Jan 2019, 23:33 Sarri: "Higuain will keep scoring goals until the day he dies. He is a goal machine, a systematic and automatic jackpot."
Apart from the 2 month goal drought he had from October to December 2018..... Happy to be proven wrong on him but I'm not sure he's the slam dunk many think he is. What is encouraging though is his underrated link up play, which should hopefully improve the whole attacking unit. Would be nice to see Hazard back amongst the goals.

TheRumourMill
Grumpy Old Man

Post by TheRumourMill »

David Luiz Is A Hero wrote: 17 Jan 2019, 17:01 We only had Crespo for a year I think, but yeah Drogba did take a while to adapt and was even considering going back to France at one stage.

I think Torres is easy to see in hindsight but not many said it at the time, Shevchenko was a long term target we didn't take off the list when we should have done and Falcao had to have been a dodgy deal imo
I think Torres had shown a marked decline in output for Liverpool after his bad hamstring injury of 2010, but it was difficult to spot amongst the general malaise of Roy Hogeson's management. He had lost that crucial half a yard, much like Owen had done in 1999. I think Chelsea were entitled to expect more out of him than what they received, however.

Kuchi
FISOhead
FS Record: Best: 16/17- 481

Post by Kuchi »

Will wait and see a few GWs to see the Chelsea attack. Could help Hazard but time will tell. Playing 352 at the moment with Rashford and Jimenez up front.

DavidLloydIsAHero
Grumpy Old Man

I agree but it was only really in hindsight that the pattern was spotted, anyone who had noticed any drop off assumed he'd be back to his best soon enough.

View Latest: 1 Day View Your posts

Return to “Fantasy PremierLeague.com (FPL)”