To see less ads Register or Login ----- Daily Fantasy Sports games 18+

GW23 Transfers - Deadline: 19 Jan 11:30

A Fantasy Football forum for news on fantasy football games run by the Premierleague (FPL).
sstaffsw
Grumpy Old Man

Re: GW23 Transfers - Deadline: 19 Jan 11:30

Post by sstaffsw »

Tottenham Hotspur
‏Verified account @SpursOfficial
7m7 minutes ago

Following preliminary assessments, we can confirm that @HKane has damaged ligaments in his left ankle, sustained during Sunday's match.

He will continue to be monitored by our medical staff as he commences rehabilitation and is expected to return to training in early March.

Billy Bongo
FISO Knight

Post by Billy Bongo »

Kane to Firmino, easy decision

Sent from my SM-G965F using Tapatalk

Notned
FISO Knight

Post by Notned »

Moved early to save a week of indecision.

Kane :arrow: Aguero
Lacazette :arrow: Firmino

Both for free. Easy peasy.

IceCreamFirm
Red & Blue Braces

Post by IceCreamFirm »

2 frees, think I'm going to have to ignore Wilson > Jiminez this week.

I can do Kane > Aguero and TAA > Van Dijk as I still want Liverpool defensive coverage.

Did want to look at upgrading Fabianksi so I could do Kane > Aguero, Fabianksi > Allison and look at TAA to someone completely different next week (Shaw?). I have Femenia at home to Burnley on the bench so Trent out wouldn't need to be this week.

Thoughts?

swadd1er
Dumbledore

Post by swadd1er »

Kane :arrow: Aguero/Firmino

I just know if I go Aguero, Jesus will continue due to form. If I don’t go Aguero, he will start and haul against the worst team in the league..

wonkypenguin
Grumpy Old Man

Post by wonkypenguin »

I was going Auba to Aguero, but considering Hazard to KDB instead after last night. Why couldn't Jesus just fail last night :D

The Real Slim Shady
Dumbledore
FS Record: 1,465th in FPL 05/06

Post by The Real Slim Shady »

Shall I use another free transfer to get rid of Trent for Digne or simply bench him for Jimenez...

goooner
Red & Blue Braces

Post by goooner »

Looking at this options (have money in bank)
GW 23 TAA -> Shaw with a follow up GW24 Richarilson -> Dele Alli
GW 23 TAA -> Shaw + Richarilson -> Dele Allie for a -4 (alot of ppl taking -4 this round, so not that big impact).
GW 23 TAA -> Robertson and keep Richarilson

United looks on fire, and they have BRI, BUR, lei, ful the next 4 and a David De Gea that maybe hitting last seasons stats going forward.

But is it to risky to go without a pool defender? :roll:

tarkens
Grumpy Old Man

Post by tarkens »

Llorente or Jimenez?

RuudTheDudeVanTheMan
Dumbledore
FS Record: Pioneer and perpetual main protagonist of the prestigious perennial Phlegmiership. Other than that particularly pointless prize pretty average.

2 time Divisional Championships Premier League winner :)

Post by RuudTheDudeVanTheMan »

Alonso :arrow: Bednarek and Haxard :arrow: Salah(-4)

Hotstepper
Grumpy Old Man
FS Record: Reasonable

Post by Hotstepper »

Trent, Son & Kane > Bennett, Salah & Firmino (-8)

TheCrystalBall
Treebeard

Post by TheCrystalBall »

Don’t own Kane or TAA so Alonso to VVD for the Liverpool defensive double up before the price drop. 1 more free and looking at Anderson or Richarlison to Alli or Moura. Will wait for the presser to understand how Poch might lineup

eastcentral1
Dumbledore

Post by eastcentral1 »

Kane & Son -> Rashford & Salah done.

Annoyingly, Robertson went up to 6.7 last night. If I swap him in for TAA I'll now be priced out of my intended Pereyra to Sane move next week. Not sure if VVD is worth the saving, or a false economy compared to bonus magnet Robertson.

suckitandsee
Treebeard

Post by suckitandsee »

Already done Son - > Pogba and Kane > Aguero

Is it worth transferring TAA to someone for a 4 point hit or just hold and get him out next week?

Kuchi
FISOhead
FS Record: Best: 16/17- 481

Post by Kuchi »

Kane to someone. Probably Jimenez then upgrade a mid and def slot. Might get VVD in for -4 too.

Spreadsheet
FISOhead
FS Record: SDT Mini League Maestro - 5 wins and 3 Runners Up in 9 years. Never made it on the biggest stage though. I'm the DT David Bentley.

Only one FPL campaign (18/19) under my belt. Nothing spectacular.

Post by Spreadsheet »

Moved last night to combat price changes, so ditched Kane but bottled it on Llorente.

Couldn’t quite reconcile Jininez despite their good run so, with one eye on rotation and potential and confirmed blanks for Aguero, went with Firmino in the hope he starts to chip in with a few (more) goals now.

EDIT: already had/have Aubameyang and Rashford.
Last edited by Spreadsheet on 16 Jan 2019, 09:45, edited 1 time in total.

Fuzz
FISOhead
FS Record: 579th in FPL 2014/15

Post by Fuzz »

I moved early on Hazard :arrow: Sane and Chicarito :arrow: Rashford for free.

Resonare
Grumpy Old Man

Post by Resonare »

Resonare wrote: 12 Jan 2019, 22:22 Hazard + Luiz :arrow: Salah + TAA (-4)

With Lovren returning after Palace that should give me Salah + 2 defenders which is ideal.
Now considering Kane :arrow: Auba for an additional -4 instead of playing Snodgrass for his likely 1 pointer. I already own Rashford and Jimenez and I can't get Firmino as I have triple Liverpool already plus Aguero is a rotation risk. Unless I change formation I can't see any other alternative than Aubameyang who I think will return something against Chelsea anyway.

IceCreamFirm
Red & Blue Braces

Post by IceCreamFirm »

Kane > Aguero and TAA > VVD done with two free transfers.

Can someone talk me out of Wilson > Llorente for a -4 please? Wilson's got a good fixture but I've got a feeling it's a 'transfer injury' and he won't play again.

Mike1989
Treebeard

Post by Mike1989 »

IceCreamFirm wrote: 16 Jan 2019, 10:37 Kane > Aguero and TAA > VVD done with two free transfers.

Can someone talk me out of Wilson > Llorente for a -4 please?
I’ve had to wildcard way too early - TAA injured, Kane injured, Ings injured, and Son away at the cup. To make my changes would have taken a 12 point hit and with me chasing the top four teams in my league I couldn’t afford to do that. I also wanted to transfer Hjoberg out of the team as well. So I wild carded and the striker I replaced Ings with is Llorente but he’s on the bench until Spurs show their hand with how they are going to line up. It’s a risk worth taking at this point since I’m rolling with a 3-5-2 formation rather than 3-4-3 like before.

But back to Llorente. They might just slot Llorente in up top, or they could start Moura (if fit) up top as well. So I personally wouldn’t take a -4 hit on a player that’s not guaranteed to start this weekend because a goal and 90 minutes would give you 6 points which is equal to Wilson blanking and getting 2 points. If Wilson happens to score or assist, then that’s advantage Wilson. For Llorente to do more than Wilson 90 minutes and blank, he’d need bonus points and/or another goal or assist. So I’d stick with Wilson and wait for your next free to see if Llorente does replace Kane up top.

IceCreamFirm
Red & Blue Braces

Post by IceCreamFirm »

Mike1989 wrote: 16 Jan 2019, 10:44
IceCreamFirm wrote: 16 Jan 2019, 10:37 Kane > Aguero and TAA > VVD done with two free transfers.

Can someone talk me out of Wilson > Llorente for a -4 please?
But back to Llorente. They might just slot Llorente in up top, or they could start Moura (if fit) up top as well. So I personally wouldn’t take a -4 hit on a player that’s not guaranteed to start this weekend because a goal and 90 minutes would give you 6 points which is equal to Wilson blanking and getting 2 points. If Wilson happens to score or assist, then that’s advantage Wilson. For Llorente to do more than Wilson 90 minutes and blank, he’d need bonus points and/or another goal or assist. So I’d stick with Wilson and wait for your next free to see if Llorente does replace Kane up top.
Yeah you're definitely right - also got Femenia at home to Burnley first on the bench to cover a Wilson no-show. Nice one cheers mate.

Mike1989
Treebeard

Post by Mike1989 »

Resonare wrote: 16 Jan 2019, 10:35
Resonare wrote: 12 Jan 2019, 22:22 Hazard + Luiz :arrow: Salah + TAA (-4)

With Lovren returning after Palace that should give me Salah + 2 defenders which is ideal.
Now considering Kane :arrow: Auba for an additional -4 instead of playing Snodgrass for his likely 1 pointer. I already own Rashford and Jimenez and I can't get Firmino as I have triple Liverpool already plus Aguero is a rotation risk. Unless I change formation I can't see any other alternative than Aubameyang who I think will return something against Chelsea anyway.
Something to keep in mind. If Auba plays 90 minutes and scores one goal, that’s 6 points. Take your -4 points from that total and it’s 2 points to your score, which is plus one compared to Snodgrass. Obviously if Auba does better than that with more goals, assists, or gains bonus points, then that’s advatange Auba but he is facing Chelsea and that’s not an easy fixture. I guess the price fall is another factor that might force your hand like it did mine.

With that said, I think in that price range he’s the safest option. Aguero and Jesus are rotation risks, and even if one of them does play they could end up going off after like 60 minutes. Granted that’s enough time for them to do damage but it’s risky when Auba generally plays 90 minutes.

Any alternatives?

Not really. I guess you could go for Vardy, he’s scored in recent weeks and Wolves aren’t the tightest at the back, but it’s likely a one week rental due to the red fixtures. Then again, he’s not really a rotation risk and is always capable of chipping in with a goal or assist. Then reinvest the price difference to upgrade another spot in your team or leave money in the bank to make a change.

Personally I’d go for Auba unless you could use the saved money to upgrade elsewhere.

Resonare
Grumpy Old Man

Post by Resonare »

Mike1989 wrote: 16 Jan 2019, 10:54 Something to keep in mind. If Auba plays 90 minutes and scores one goal, that’s 6 points. Take your -4 points from that total and it’s 2 points to your score, which is plus one compared to Snodgrass. Obviously if Auba does better than that with more goals, assists, or gains bonus points, then that’s advatange Auba but he is facing Chelsea and that’s not an easy fixture. I guess the price fall is another factor that might force your hand like it did mine.

With that said, I think in that price range he’s the safest option. Aguero and Jesus are rotation risks, and even if one of them does play they could end up going off after like 60 minutes. Granted that’s enough time for them to do damage but it’s risky when Auba generally plays 90 minutes.

Any alternatives?

Not really. I guess you could go for Vardy, he’s scored in recent weeks and Wolves aren’t the tightest at the back, but it’s likely a one week rental due to the red fixtures. Then again, he’s not really a rotation risk and is always capable of chipping in with a goal or assist. Then reinvest the price difference to upgrade another spot in your team or leave money in the bank to make a change.

Personally I’d go for Auba unless you could use the saved money to upgrade elsewhere.
Yeah that's my thinking as well. I only need Auba to get an assist vs Chelsea to breakeven immediately, and there's a big chance he rewards me long-term with CAR, hud, SOU and BOU in his next 6 fixtures.

Plus, Kane :arrow: Auba gives me enough to do TAA :arrow: Robertson or Lovren :arrow: Virgil next week.

Cheers for the reply, I'll wait this time before making the move but it's penciled in atm :)

Stena Bib
FISOhead
FS Record: Finished 530 FPL 2018/19

Post by Stena Bib »

Kane > Sane
Snoddy > Kamara for Free

TAA > Benched unless he drops more than 0.1 [ then may take the hit to Virgil]

tarkens
Grumpy Old Man

Post by tarkens »

went for Llorente, hopefully Poch will give him a chance with Kane out, Son off and Moura coming back after injury

ajcairns
Grumpy Old Man
FS Record: Still Decidedly Average.

Post by ajcairns »

Did Kane to Firmino last night and now have a bag of cash and one more transfer, May well follow up with Hazard to Pogba today before he goes up with a view to upgrading Jiminez to Aguero/Auba next week. Finally feel a sense of purpose after drifting along for a few weeks.

Bixer
FISOhead

Post by Bixer »

Stena Bib wrote: 16 Jan 2019, 13:38 Kane > Sane
Snoddy > Kamara for Free

If you haven't done this move already, it's worth noting that there were reports of a huge bust up at Fulham the other day between a couple of players (Mitrovic being one I believe) and Kamara. Ranieri is reportedly furious with Kamara and keen to see the back of him.

I'd be surprised to see him feature for them again.

Just that if you're aware he'll only ever be non-playing bench fodder, you almost might as well just bring Quaner in and save yourself an extra £0.2m. Unfortunately the cheapest playing forward is now Success at £4.6m, but even then usually only for a 1 point cameo.

Stena Bib
FISOhead
FS Record: Finished 530 FPL 2018/19

Post by Stena Bib »

Bixer wrote: 16 Jan 2019, 14:25
Stena Bib wrote: 16 Jan 2019, 13:38 Kane > Sane
Snoddy > Kamara for Free

If you haven't done this move already, it's worth noting that there were reports of a huge bust up at Fulham the other day between a couple of players (Mitrovic being one I believe) and Kamara. Ranieri is reportedly furious with Kamara and keen to see the back of him.

I'd be surprised to see him feature for them again.

Just that if you're aware he'll only ever be non-playing bench fodder, you almost might as well just bring Quaner in and save yourself an extra £0.2m. Unfortunately the cheapest playing forward is now Success at £4.6m, but even then usually only for a 1 point cameo.
You're right. Was not bothered about the paper talk. But today i see they have signed Babel on loan [ so i have wasted 0.2 ]until i get a free transfer with
nothing better to do or when i wildcard. :D :D :D

Archy
Grumpy Old Man
FS Record: Maybe all is not lost after all

Post by Archy »

Well chaps, my updated trannies are:

Aub :arrow: Rashford
TAA :arrow: Robertson
Richarlison :arrow: Mane

Hoping Mane proves a good differential for Liverpool’s nice run given every man and his dog should now have Salah

TheBigLewandowski
Grumpy Old Man
FS Record: OR 1,259 2016/17

Post by TheBigLewandowski »

Hazard :arrow: Salah
Kane :arrow: Rashford (2FT)

View Latest: 1 Day View Your posts

Return to “Fantasy PremierLeague.com (FPL)”