To see less ads Register or Login ----- Daily Fantasy Sports games 18+

KANE OUT UNTIL MARCH

A Fantasy Football forum for news on fantasy football games run by the Premierleague (FPL).
Tacalabala
FISO Knight

KANE OUT UNTIL MARCH

Post by Tacalabala »

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/46884787

Your response?

I'm thinking Rashford is near enough to being a must-have once you consider the ownership he'll now have.

IRISHBLUE101
Treebeard

Re: KANE OUT UNTIL MARCH

Post by IRISHBLUE101 »

It’s a bummer as Kane was going to be my default captain for the next 5 games.
Already have Rashford and Jiminez. Need someone to fill that Kane slot. You’d think Aguero but he’s not guaranteed a start and for that price you’d need your main striker to be starting.

Thinking of going Aubameyang. He has the same amount of goals as Salah and Kane.
Arsenal aren’t as good as those 2 but if he gets the goals.

pokeface
Red & Blue Braces

Post by pokeface »

I think Auba is a must now personally. If you treat Arsenal as having in some ways a similar season to last season in that we are crap away but great at home (only lost once at home and that was to City). We have 4 of the next 6 games at home (and one of the aways is Huddersfield) so I see Auba scoring well.

Aguero doesn’t get the minutes.

=ID=
Grumpy Old Man

Post by =ID= »

Transferred Kane out the week before for Aubameyang so it was good timing but a shame for the fans.

jacksosi
Grumpy Old Man
FS Record: TFF : 87th 06/07 ; FPL 1401st 08/09 ; 5AS champions 21/22 🔫🍸

KANE OUT UNTIL MARCH

Post by jacksosi »

Auba has CHE and mcy in the next 3 though, so perhaps Kane > Rash/Jimi/Firm for 3 > Auba.

hayesag
Dumbledore
FS Record: piss poor

Post by hayesag »

Tacalabala wrote: 15 Jan 2019, 17:31 https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/46884787

Your response?

I'm thinking Rashford is near enough to being a must-have once you consider the ownership he'll now have.
fantastic news from a fantasy perspective

really going to shake the landscape TO ITS CORE

And what on earth will spurs do now, the money grabbing gits

time to spend Levy u mulaka :D

hayesag
Dumbledore
FS Record: piss poor

Post by hayesag »

pokeface wrote: 15 Jan 2019, 17:41 I think Auba is a must now personally. If you treat Arsenal as having in some ways a similar season to last season in that we are crap away but great at home (only lost once at home and that was to City). We have 4 of the next 6 games at home (and one of the aways is Huddersfield) so I see Auba scoring well.

Disagree in the short term, next fixtures are poor, and arsenals midfield looks dire. Auba will be feeding on scraps (for now)

johnjoe107
Treebeard
FS Record: Never been outside the top 3

Post by johnjoe107 »

For me, it has to be Aguero. Jesus has done well recently but he's only been in the team due to Sergio's injury.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Resonare
Grumpy Old Man

Post by Resonare »

It's annoying, because I'm tempted to WC but I already own pretty much every player I want already. It's literally just about ditching Kane and TAA for hits.

I think I'll wait until next week and take a -4 to fix the situation rather than compound things right now with more hits for players like Aguero who could require even more hits later.

Owsler
Dumbledore

Post by Owsler »

Are people buying Firmino already Salah owners?

Caught between getting in Aguero or Firmino (no Salah here).

eastcentral1
Dumbledore

Post by eastcentral1 »

I don't have Rashford, so that's as close to a no brainer as there can be

Finisher1
Dumbledore

Post by Finisher1 »

johnjoe107 wrote: 15 Jan 2019, 19:08 For me, it has to be Aguero. Jesus has done well recently but he's only been in the team due to Sergio's injury.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
You seem quite confident. Personally I'm not even nearly that confident, because I think Jesus is not a llorente or an origi, he is basically equal to Aguero. I think either of them can start anytime depending on form, Aguero started in the early season because he was in great form and Jesus wasn't, now Jesus is in great form and Aguero's form is unknown. That's how I think anyway, if people disagree with me and think Aguero is very likely to start against Huddersfield then please tell me, so I can bring him in as well! :lol:

Dialted
Treebeard

Post by Dialted »

Llorente or Moura up top?

The Username
Grumpy Old Man

Post by The Username »

jacksosi wrote: 15 Jan 2019, 17:51 Auba has CHE and mcy in the next 3 though, so perhaps Kane > Rash/Jimi/Firm for 3 > Auba.
But also Cardiff, Huddersfield and Southampton in the next five.

Spreadsheet
FISOhead
FS Record: SDT Mini League Maestro - 5 wins and 3 Runners Up in 9 years. Never made it on the biggest stage though. I'm the DT David Bentley.

Only one FPL campaign (18/19) under my belt. Nothing spectacular.

Post by Spreadsheet »

Tempted by Llorente. Moura and Eriksen would whip them in and, with only Lamela as the other wide player whilst Son is away, I can see the rotation being more with Alli, Eriksen, Moura and Lamela and I could see Llorente being left up top so as not to risk further injuries to Poch's midfield by fielding all four of them at once.

Unless Sissoko comes back into the wide role.

In any event, I believe Moura is also out for the next game, forcing Llorente to start the next one, no?

Finisher1
Dumbledore

Post by Finisher1 »

Spreadsheet wrote: 15 Jan 2019, 20:20 Tempted by Llorente. Moura and Eriksen would whip them in and, with only Lamela as the other wide player whilst Son is away, I can see the rotation being more with Alli, Eriksen, Moura and Lamela and I could see Llorente being left up top so as not to risk further injuries to Poch's midfield by fielding all four of them at once.

In any event, I believe Moura is also out for the next game, forcing Llorente to start the next one, no?
Llorente has played only 36 minutes in PL this season, so I really don't think he is forced to start anything. Alli has played up front too so that's another option. Although someone has to raise a question why is this guy Llorente in their team anyway if he still doesn't start, but I think it's quite possible.

Gambit
Grumpy Old Man

Post by Gambit »

the situation with the strikers is garbage this season, it really is. The most expensive striker in the game is now injured meaning I can choose anybody as a replacement and there is literally nobody I really want.

Aguero - With Jesus currently in a great spell of form will Sergio get straight back in? not sure I'd want to put the C on him.

Auba - Arsenal look so poor at the moment and again I'd worry about giving him the armband.

Firmino - Already have Salah and ideally I'm planning for a defensive double, don't want to close the door to that.

Giroud/Morata - both a waste of space

Vardy - doing nothing at the moment under Puel

Arnie - injured/leaving?

Wilson - injured/horrible games/leaving?

Rashford - already got him.

What a sorry state of affairs, can't ever remember a season with such poor striking options. Maybe something will happen this week in the transfer window?

May go cheap with somebody like Deeney and then use the cash next week to get Sterling in midfield......

Spreadsheet
FISOhead
FS Record: SDT Mini League Maestro - 5 wins and 3 Runners Up in 9 years. Never made it on the biggest stage though. I'm the DT David Bentley.

Post by Spreadsheet »

Agree Gambit, I have Auba and Rashford and was actually looking to remove Auba due to the lack of creativity in Arsenal's midfeld but Kane has forced my hand.

Under normal circumstances, Aguero shouldn't be questioned, but with Pep becoming the Tinkerman with eyes on the quadruple (and, as said in another thread, Jesus isn't your usual No.2 striker), with fixtures that are kind enough to indulge Pep with this, I can see Aguero having extended rests in the league or, at the very least, I'm not certain he won't.

Wolves have a decent run but Jiminez is another one who isn't exactly prolific.

Everton are the other decent team but they, too, have a youngster still finding his feet and therefore are relying largely on attacking mids in Richarlison and Siggy.

And that might be the trick for the next few weeks until Jan transfers, injuries and form become clearer: stick in a cheap striker like Deeney or a punt on Llorente, along with Rashford, and use the spare cash to lay it on thick in midfield, with the likes of Salah, Sterling, Sane, Richarlison, Pogba, Marital, even Mane and Hazard.
Last edited by Spreadsheet on 15 Jan 2019, 20:52, edited 1 time in total.

Finisher1
Dumbledore

Post by Finisher1 »

At least next season Salah has to be finally classified as a striker so then we have at least one good premium option up front.

Spreadsheet
FISOhead

Post by Spreadsheet »

Finisher1 wrote: 15 Jan 2019, 20:26
Spreadsheet wrote: 15 Jan 2019, 20:20 Tempted by Llorente. Moura and Eriksen would whip them in and, with only Lamela as the other wide player whilst Son is away, I can see the rotation being more with Alli, Eriksen, Moura and Lamela and I could see Llorente being left up top so as not to risk further injuries to Poch's midfield by fielding all four of them at once.

Llorente has played only 36 minutes in PL this season, so I really don't think he is forced to start anything. Alli has played up front too so that's another option. Although someone has to raise a question why is this guy Llorente in their team anyway if he still doesn't start, but I think it's quite possible.
I think your last bit is key - he may only have had 36 mins this season but that's because Spurs rely so heavily on Kane, even back when he looked shattered. When Kane has been swapped out, it has been for Llorente, though I agree Moura did play further forward early on whilst Kane was on the pitch. The lack of activity in the summer has come home to roost. I simply can't see a majority of games with four midfielders "risked" with Llorente left on the bench - I'm not saying Moura won't be played up front, but can see Llorente there more often for the next few weeks, or certainly as part of a 1-1 or 2 with Alli/Moura.

Gambit
Grumpy Old Man

Post by Gambit »

Finisher1 wrote: 15 Jan 2019, 20:50 At least next season Salah has to be finally classified as a striker so then we have at least one good premium option up front.
Not to open the striker or midfielder can of worms (at least in this thread) but the way teams are playing at the moment means FPL might have to have a rethink because so many teams are using fluid attacking players all interchanging and it's often the "midfielders" who are the furthest players forward while the strikers drop deep or pull out into wider areas.

Salah/Hazard/Richarlison/Martial/Anderson/Son/Mane/Sterling/Moura.......there are a whole host of players who are making a mockery of the midfielder role in fpl and I'm sure I'm not alone in wishing I could pick a 3-7-0- formation :D

Finisher1
Dumbledore

Post by Finisher1 »

Spreadsheet wrote: 15 Jan 2019, 20:51
Finisher1 wrote: 15 Jan 2019, 20:26

I think your last bit is key - he may only have had 36 mins this season but that's because Spurs rely so heavily on Kane, even back when he looked shattered. When Kane has been swapped out, it has been for Llorente, though I agree Moura did play further forward early on whilst Kane was on the pitch. The lack of activity in the summer has come home to roost. I simply can't see a majority of games with four midfielders "risked" with Llorente left on the bench - I'm not saying Moura won't be played up front, but can see Llorente there more often for the next few weeks, or certainly as part of a 1-1 or 2 with Alli/Moura.
Surely they can play 343? That would require only three of Alli, Eriksen, Lamela, Moura.

Spreadsheet
FISOhead

Post by Spreadsheet »

Actually, yes suppose they could, with Trippier and Ben Davis as WBs flanking Winks and one of Sissoko or Dier in midfield, with Sanchez, Toby and Vertonghen as the back three. That could work in fairness.

Roger Ramjet
FISOhead

Post by Roger Ramjet »

Rashford makes the most sense

Sent from my SM-A520F using Tapatalk

Joccki_10
Grumpy Old Joker
FS Record: 16/17: 55 OR, 1 FISO Forum, 1 NLD and FISO Cup Winner

Post by Joccki_10 »

Spreadsheet wrote: 15 Jan 2019, 21:08 Actually, yes suppose they could, with Trippier and Ben Davis as WBs flanking Winks and one of Sissoko or Dier in midfield, with Sanchez, Toby and Vertonghen as the back three. That could work in fairness.
Assuming all of those stay fit, which isn’t likely as Sissoko and Dier are already out. Not to mention both Vertonghen and Aurier have had a few issues lately.

If Llorente is not going to play, he has to leave immediately and he knows that. He has done nothing wrong in every single minute he has played so far this season. In fact, because of his sub appearances Spurs have turned a few matches around. There was also an article on this matter a couple of weeks ago which mentioned Llorente’s more than capable performances this season.

I think I have talked myself into going for him. :roll: :lol:

Joccki_10
Grumpy Old Joker
FS Record: 16/17: 55 OR, 1 FISO Forum, 1 NLD and FISO Cup Winner

Post by Joccki_10 »

Gambit wrote: 15 Jan 2019, 20:37[...]
Have you thought about Locadia at £5.3?

pokeface
Red & Blue Braces

Post by pokeface »

hayesag wrote: 15 Jan 2019, 18:25
pokeface wrote: 15 Jan 2019, 17:41 I think Auba is a must now personally. If you treat Arsenal as having in some ways a similar season to last season in that we are crap away but great at home (only lost once at home and that was to City). We have 4 of the next 6 games at home (and one of the aways is Huddersfield) so I see Auba scoring well.

Disagree in the short term, next fixtures are poor, and arsenals midfield looks dire. Auba will be feeding on scraps (for now)
Maybe, but he still has a great home record, and they have the next 4 games at home, so I think he’ll get the most points of all the strikers.

Aguero is a bit more of a risk as has been said on here.

Firmino might be okay, but it cancels out a potential defensive double up at somepoint which might come key for the upcoming blank GW.

So for me none of them would likely get the armband anyway so it’s Auba all the way as far as I am concerned. Pressure is going to be out on Emery to field Ozil also as we lack creativity, so I think his chances will come.

Razzler
FISOhead

Post by Razzler »

It's frustrating in that there are rival teams out there with no Salah and not able to fit him in and now they have just been handed a chance. A small differential (+ captain choice) gone :/

Archy
Grumpy Old Man
FS Record: Maybe all is not lost after all

Post by Archy »

Razzler wrote: 15 Jan 2019, 22:44 It's frustrating in that there are rival teams out there with no Salah and not able to fit him in and now they have just been handed a chance. A small differential (+ captain choice) gone :/
+1

This was my thought too. Sadly, less gains for those of us already with Salah now.

Stevieste
Dumbledore
FS Record: 24,360

Post by Stevieste »

Finisher1 wrote: 15 Jan 2019, 20:50 At least next season Salah has to be finally classified as a striker so then we have at least one good premium option up front.
Maybe Firminio be classed as a Midfielder then and be a good option instead

View Latest: 1 Day View Your posts

Return to “Fantasy PremierLeague.com (FPL)”