To see less ads Register or Login ----- Daily Fantasy Sports games 18+

Trent Alexander-Arnold

A Fantasy Football forum for news on fantasy football games run by the Premierleague (FPL).

TAA

Keep
50%
Sell
50%

Total votes: 52

The Real Slim Shady
Dumbledore
FS Record: 1,465th in FPL 05/06

Trent Alexander-Arnold

Post by The Real Slim Shady »

Could be up to a month with a knee injury! Really annoying as I’ve only really had him for the Brighton game. What are people going to do then?

Already have Robertson so already got Liverpool covered in defence, although doubling up seemed a good way to go.

tarkens
Grumpy Old Man

Re: Trent Alexander-Arnold

Post by tarkens »

I only got him ahead of Brighton too :(

I think I'll play Luiz (ars) this week and deal with TAA ahead of GW24

mrbirtakim
Wideboy
FS Record: Excellent

Post by mrbirtakim »

Oh god. Just switched from Robertson to TAA last week to raise funds, and already had Kane, Lovren and Ings to deal with...

After using my 2FTs for Kane, Lovren > Rashford, Robertson think I'll hold for a week and play Bednarek instead. Who to sell for next week I don't know, Shaw seems a good option.

mike_d99
Grumpy Old Man
Location: cut down like a vegetable by your hard kickin mother who's an animal
FS Record: 269th TFF 08/09, 11th TFFO 08/09, 49th TFFE 08/09, 50th Elephant 10/11, 92nd Sky Sports 10/11

Post by mike_d99 »

I'm definitely selling, a month is too long especially when you consider Liverpool's clean sheet potential in the coming games.

Question is, who is going to play instead? You have Robertson and van Dijk, who else? Gomez is injured, as is Lovren. Is Matip just out of favour? Fabinho played CB against Brighton which suggests so, unless he had a knock. Is Merino (£4.1M) going to play?

Finisher1
Dumbledore

Post by Finisher1 »

So he suffered a knee ligament damage in a warm-up and then played full 90 minutes. Perhaps the fact that Klopp let him play even worsened his injury, is it possible? Maybe NWJ can tell us more?

S_sutton87
Grumpy Old Man

Post by S_sutton87 »

Think milner will play right back

Sent from my H8216 using Tapatalk

tarkens
Grumpy Old Man

Post by tarkens »

mike_d99 wrote: 15 Jan 2019, 13:31 I'm definitely selling, a month is too long especially when you consider Liverpool's clean sheet potential in the coming games.

Question is, who is going to play instead? You have Robertson and van Dijk, who else? Gomez is injured, as is Lovren. Is Matip just out of favour? Fabinho played CB against Brighton which suggests so, unless he had a knock. Is Merino (£4.1M) going to play?
Matip got injured against Napoli in Champions League and is now back to full training, I reckon he'll play with Van Dijk in upcoming matches.

Fabinho or Milner to play RB

Resonare
Grumpy Old Man

Post by Resonare »

The injury doesn't bother me but Klopp ****ing lying in his post-match interview does, would never have bought him in if he didn't say he was fine.

Klopp-o-matic
Red & Blue Braces

Post by Klopp-o-matic »

TAA-> Van Dijk I guess (already have Robo).

Lovren and Gomez is already injured, otherwise you could find a cheaper option there...

How about Matip? You guys think he will play? If he would play all upcoming games alongside v Dijk it is the bargain of the season almost.

EDIT: Probably gonna do a Ederson :arrow: Alisson and TAA to something totally else.
Last edited by Klopp-o-matic on 15 Jan 2019, 15:25, edited 1 time in total.

Magic
Grumpy Old Man
FS Record: Improving

Post by Magic »

mrbirtakim wrote: 15 Jan 2019, 13:26Oh god. Just switched from Robertson to TAA last week to raise funds, and already had Kane, Lovren and Ings to deal with...
There's a lesson there in patience, young Jedi.

Pirlo's Beard
FISO Jedi Knight

Post by Pirlo's Beard »

Finisher1 wrote: 15 Jan 2019, 13:36 So he suffered a knee ligament damage in a warm-up and then played full 90 minutes. Perhaps the fact that Klopp let him play even worsened his injury, is it possible? Maybe NWJ can tell us more?
It was an ankle injury he suffered in the warm-up.

Finisher1
Dumbledore

Post by Finisher1 »

Pirlo's Beard wrote: 15 Jan 2019, 14:11
Finisher1 wrote: 15 Jan 2019, 13:36 So he suffered a knee ligament damage in a warm-up and then played full 90 minutes. Perhaps the fact that Klopp let him play even worsened his injury, is it possible? Maybe NWJ can tell us more?
It was an ankle injury he suffered in the warm-up.
Which is not related to his knee ligament injury at all?

Pirlo's Beard
FISO Jedi Knight

Post by Pirlo's Beard »

Finisher1 wrote: 15 Jan 2019, 14:18 Which is not related to his knee ligament injury at all?
I never said that. I was just correcting your erroneous claim. :mrgreen:

eastcentral1
Dumbledore

Post by eastcentral1 »

Magic wrote:
mrbirtakim wrote: 15 Jan 2019, 13:26Oh god. Just switched from Robertson to TAA last week to raise funds, and already had Kane, Lovren and Ings to deal with...
Is there? I did the same thing. To raise funds and use a few transfer I would otherwise lose. Not sure if patience has anything to do with it. But perhaps there is a lesson to be learned in not feeling compelled to use free transfers.

Finisher1
Dumbledore

Post by Finisher1 »

Pirlo's Beard wrote: 15 Jan 2019, 14:19
Finisher1 wrote: 15 Jan 2019, 14:18 Which is not related to his knee ligament injury at all?
I never said that. I was just correcting your erroneous claim. :mrgreen:
Thank you for your correction.

Still looking forward to NWJ's more sophisticated opinion how much related (if at all) these two injuries might be and how much blame Klopp, his medical team and TAA himself have to take from this.

pokeface
Red & Blue Braces

Post by pokeface »

I didn’t watch the game. But watching Soccer Saturday I seem to remember about 20 mins in (whoever was covering that game) said that it looked like TAA was going to come off as he was injured, but then nothing else was said and he continued playing. So I think TAA chose to try and play through the injury which has backfired.

Tall Paul
Dumbledore

Post by Tall Paul »

Resonare wrote: 15 Jan 2019, 13:56 The injury doesn't bother me but Klopp ****ing lying in his post-match interview does, would never have bought him in if he didn't say he was fine.
Football managers lie.

More at eleven.

mrbirtakim
Wideboy
FS Record: Excellent

Post by mrbirtakim »

Magic wrote: 15 Jan 2019, 14:04
Think you missed this part :)

Panserjohan
Treebeard
FS Record: Started 2007

Post by Panserjohan »

I have other parts of my team who needs fixing, so Ill wait.

snout
FISO Knight
FS Record: a slice of that cake, over there

Post by snout »

Might switch to Digne. Reasonable set of 4 fixtures coming up, similar price, and I may even harvest a bit of profit when switching back.

Bixer
FISOhead

Post by Bixer »

Honestly I think I'll probably just end up downgrading to Jonny.

Already got Digne, Doherty and Wan-Bissaka. I'd rather use that extra money to help fund my midfield.

Wolves have pretty great fixtures for the next 7, I wouldn't be too worried about doubling up.

Adelante
Treebeard

Post by Adelante »

Absolute nightmare. Took a -4 hit to do the following:

Hazard -> Sane
Son -> Eriksen
Kolisanic -> TAA

Think I’ll need to just hold onto him this week as I’ll need to take a hit for a Kane replacement.

Gambit
Grumpy Old Man

Post by Gambit »

How long is he actually out for?

BBC say at least two weeks, RAWK has people saying 2-3 games, seen some forums saying 4 weeks......

The Kane news now takes priority for me so I may just wait this week and see what happens, the rest of my defenders look ok for the next few weeks.

2 games I could probably live with, especially as needing transfers elsewhere and my defence looking ok anyway. He may come back sooner than expected.

S_sutton87
Grumpy Old Man

Post by S_sutton87 »

Sky sports said he doesn't need surgery it's down to recovery time

Gambit
Grumpy Old Man

Post by Gambit »

S_sutton87 wrote: 15 Jan 2019, 18:18 Sky sports said he doesn't need surgery it's down to recovery time

yes, that's my thinking, it's probably wishful thinking but could be that he recovers well and it's only two games

The Real Slim Shady
Dumbledore
FS Record: 1,465th in FPL 05/06

Post by The Real Slim Shady »

I can either sell him for Digne, or bench him for Jimenez 🤔

Stevieste
Dumbledore
FS Record: 24,360

Post by Stevieste »

Id be tempted to keep him if your squad can allow it, i watched that game and even though he started off a bit gingerly he had a very good game and was close to the bonus points, so how he can he play 90 mins and then come off with ligament damage is a bit sureal.

Cant see him being out more than 2 week, if was able to play 90 mins so easily

Finisher1
Dumbledore

Post by Finisher1 »

Stevieste wrote: 16 Jan 2019, 07:22 Cant see him being out more than 2 week, if was able to play 90 mins so easily
Is that you educated assessment or just a random guess? Personally I don't see why he couldn't be injured for a month despite playing 90 minutes, because a ligament damage is a ligament damage. But I'm not a physio or anything so I will gladly listen to more sophisticated opinions.

Stevieste
Dumbledore
FS Record: 24,360

Post by Stevieste »

Finisher1 wrote: 16 Jan 2019, 07:30
Stevieste wrote: 16 Jan 2019, 07:22 Cant see him being out more than 2 week, if was able to play 90 mins so easily
Is that you educated assessment or just a random guess? Personally I don't see why he couldn't be injured for a month despite playing 90 minutes, because a ligament damage is a ligament damage. But I'm not a physio or anything so I will gladly listen to more sophisticated opinions.
Its clearly my own opinion, i didnt realise we had to be fully qualified doctors to have any input on fiso.

My opinion is based on my own personal experience playing football and having suffered similar injuries.

Finisher1
Dumbledore

Post by Finisher1 »

Stevieste wrote: 16 Jan 2019, 08:20
Finisher1 wrote: 16 Jan 2019, 07:30
Its clearly my own opinion, i didnt realise we had to be fully qualified doctors to have any input on fiso.

My opinion is based on my own personal experience playing football and having suffered similar injuries.
We don't have to be fully classified doctors but surely opinions should be based on something. Your own experience is something but I'd guess these kind of injuries are very individual. My casual hunch after the match was similar, that the fact that he played 90 minutes should mean he is fine. But now that there is speculation about a month and the words "knee ligament damage" have been thrown around, I'm just going to admit other people are smarter than me on this subject so I'm not even nearly bold enough to make any assumption about how long he will be out. I'm just going to carefully monitor what smarter people say. It's not too unordinary that a player plays a full match and then is out for a long time, that's what I know anyway. Based on what I've read I'd bet he is out more than two weeks, but let's see what happens!

View Latest: 1 Day View Your posts

Return to “Fantasy PremierLeague.com (FPL)”