To see less ads Register or Login ----- Daily Fantasy Sports games 18+

Aubameyang and Lacazette

A Fantasy Football forum for news on fantasy football games run by the Premierleague (FPL).
carver
Grumpy Old Man
FS Record: Top 50k last 4 seasons . Mr Consistent

Re: Aubameyang and Lacazette

Post by carver »

Started together 7/15 league games . So maybe not that rare ...

No Way Jose
Grumpy Old Man
FS Record: Fluked first season

Post by No Way Jose »

carver wrote: 07 Dec 2018, 13:58 Started together 7/15 league games . So maybe not that rare ...
With laca basically injured or being slowly eased in after injury in almost all of those

And to reassure those with auba he scored phenomenally well off the bench on the occasions he had to

NorthBankRedemption
Treebeard
FS Record: Dismal

Post by NorthBankRedemption »

I had Laca all season but just switched over to Auba the last couple of weeks. Tempted to have both but can't afford it anymore and don't like the idea of 2/3 strikers from one club anyway, even though they will both continue to rack up points.

Sutter Kane
Dumbledore
FS Record: Unknown.

Post by Sutter Kane »

I think this game will tell us a lot. The Holding injury might cause Emery to abandon the wing back formation but Monreal could keep that going as left centre back. Any switch of formation should see Auba and Laca start together. If Emery sticks to the wing-backs and doesn't start Laca this weekend (above all other GWs I'd say), I'd be willing to call it a monumental mistake bringing him in and I'd remove him immediately, barring fireworks from the bench - because he'd be bound to start in the Europa then likely benched again the game after.

However I have brought him in and will captain him, so I believe he will start in such an easy home game, on paper.

Finisher1
Dumbledore

Post by Finisher1 »

Sutter Kane wrote: 07 Dec 2018, 21:23 If Emery sticks to the wing-backs and doesn't start Laca this weekend (above all other GWs I'd say), I'd be willing to call it a monumental mistake bringing him in and I'd remove him immediately, barring fireworks from the bench - because he'd be bound to start in the Europa then likely benched again the game after.
Arsenal have already won their group, so I really don't think their Europa match plays any role here. They want to field the strongest possible lineup for their next Premier League match, so in Europa they can field whichever team suits this purpose best.

Personally I won't be surprised if both Aubameyang and Lacazette are totally excluded from that Europa League match. But even if either of them plays I don't think it's a factor. Maybe it's just good to play 30 minutes of some Europa League football at home field against a weak opposition in order to get prepared for the next Premier League match.

Sutter Kane
Dumbledore

Post by Sutter Kane »

He'd start him in the Europa to keep him match fit - that's why I was saying that gw16 above others, will tell a lot; it could tell us that Laca is definitely not first choice in his preferred system. Therefore I'd be very confident of a benching in GW17 too so I'd be inclined to get rid straight away. It's all about this particular game imo. The reason I got him (I couldn't afford Auba) is because I was forced into an early move on price (Arnie drop priced me out) and I thought he'd be clear first choice vs easy opposition - I still think this, especially after reading a few Arsenal forums that virtually all have him starting, but am having my doubts after reading here and ffs. Can only wait but I repeat, for me, it's all about tomorrow's game.

Sutter Kane
Dumbledore

Post by Sutter Kane »

Although ffs have changed their line-up. It now includes Lacazette, not that that will physically alter the decision of Emery.

Gambit
Grumpy Old Man

Post by Gambit »

Sutter Kane wrote: 07 Dec 2018, 22:43 He'd start him in the Europa to keep him match fit - that's why I was saying that gw16 above others, will tell a lot; it could tell us that Laca is definitely not first choice in his preferred system. Therefore I'd be very confident of a benching in GW17 too so I'd be inclined to get rid straight away. It's all about this particular game imo. The reason I got him (I couldn't afford Auba) is because I was forced into an early move on price (Arnie drop priced me out) and I thought he'd be clear first choice vs easy opposition - I still think this, especially after reading a few Arsenal forums that virtually all have him starting, but am having my doubts after reading here and ffs. Can only wait but I repeat, for me, it's all about tomorrow's game.
I agree, can afford Auba but I want Laca as I think he'll start tomorrow and then get a run over these great next fixtures, BUT, if he doesn't then yes he has to go and with this in mind I'm leaving enough in the bank that I can correct it on Saturday night without any issue. Have considered just going with Auba and avoiding potentially blowing a transfer on Saturday night but I really want Laca so willing to take the chance.

HungryHungrySuarez
Red & Blue Braces

Post by HungryHungrySuarez »

Tel The Gooner wrote: 07 Dec 2018, 11:04 I've got Lacazette and made him captain as I think he'll start tomorrow having been on the bench for the last 2 games. Auba has had 2 tough games and hasn't been substituted either as he was earlier in the season which is why I expect him to be on the bench tomorrow. Just my opinion of course.......
i think you'll be spot on with this.

i'm still captaining auba though, because i'm bloody-minded.

Gambit
Grumpy Old Man

Post by Gambit »

Was set on selling Laca this week but with him not starting tonight and Arsenal struggling again I can't believe he'll be benched again this weekend, worth keeping for one more week?

Stevieste
Dumbledore
FS Record: 24,360

Post by Stevieste »

Gambit wrote: 19 Dec 2018, 22:24 Was set on selling Laca this week but with him not starting tonight and Arsenal struggling again I can't believe he'll be benched again this weekend, worth keeping for one more week?
Ive got him, Aubamenyang and Koslanic and not sure if any of them even start this weekend.

Im not sure he likes Lacazzatte at all, he played really well against Huddersfield and should have had his goal count in the first half, but was still brought off at half time

Gambit
Grumpy Old Man

Post by Gambit »

you may be right, just not sure if this is the GW to get rid of him, if he starts he's got a good chance of points.

No way can I keep him over this Christmas period, far too much money for such a rotation risk, but I think I'm going to keep this week and gamble on him starting, and I still think they look much better when he plays.

hancockjr
Dumbledore
FS Record: FPL: Not as good as it was, but still very respectable.

Post by hancockjr »

Not sure about that. When he’s started they’ve looked very bad, and much better once he has gone off (from my limited experience, but also looking at the scores pre and post). When he’s come on at half time they’ve looked very good. It’s a mystery really.

Gambit
Grumpy Old Man

Post by Gambit »

hancockjr wrote: 20 Dec 2018, 11:17 Not sure about that. When he’s started they’ve looked very bad, and much better once he has gone off (from my limited experience, but also looking at the scores pre and post). When he’s come on at half time they’ve looked very good. It’s a mystery really.
really? from what I've seen there best spell of attacking football came Sept to Nov, they won 6 out of 8 games and held Liverpool to a 1-1 draw, they scored 20 goals and Laca started every one of those games. he only really lost his place when he had that injury over the international break, they are a better team with him and Auba together.

SG_8
Red & Blue Braces
FS Record: 3 Top 10k finishes

Post by SG_8 »

Gambit wrote: 20 Dec 2018, 14:41 really? from what I've seen there best spell of attacking football came Sept to Nov, they won 6 out of 8 games and held Liverpool to a 1-1 draw, they scored 20 goals and Laca started every one of those games. he only really lost his place when he had that injury over the international break, they are a better team with him and Auba together.
Yes agree with this. I would say the sensible move would be to keep him for Burnley and then move him on. Problem for me though is I have 2FT and might have to burn one if I keep hold of Lacazette. So I think I might have to get rid of him earlier than planned (reluctantly). But definitely keep for BUR atleast I'd say.

Billy Bongo
FISO Knight

Post by Billy Bongo »

His problem isnt those two, I think its more about the creative players , Ramsey hasn't really performed central, Ozil out of favour, Iwobi and MkH inconsistent, wing backs inhured etc etc

They've really missed Xhaka as well whilst hes been covering the crocked defenders.

Sent from my SM-G965F using Tapatalk

hancockjr
Dumbledore

Post by hancockjr »

Gambit wrote: 20 Dec 2018, 14:41
hancockjr wrote: 20 Dec 2018, 11:17 Not sure about that. When he’s started they’ve looked very bad, and much better once he has gone off (from my limited experience, but also looking at the scores pre and post). When he’s come on at half time they’ve looked very good. It’s a mystery really.
really? from what I've seen there best spell of attacking football came Sept to Nov, they won 6 out of 8 games and held Liverpool to a 1-1 draw, they scored 20 goals and Laca started every one of those games. he only really lost his place when he had that injury over the international break, they are a better team with him and Auba together.
The last 4 games of that run got Laca 2, 6, 2, 2. xG over those games suggests he was unlucky not to score v Leics but that's it, and pretty much nothing for xA.
If that's the evidence in favour of him it's far from convincing.

Gambit
Grumpy Old Man

Post by Gambit »

hancockjr wrote: 20 Dec 2018, 20:37
The last 4 games of that run got Laca 2, 6, 2, 2. xG over those games suggests he was unlucky not to score v Leics but that's it, and pretty much nothing for xA.
well no, the evidence in favour of him is the 8 game 20 goal unbeaten run from September to November when he played every game and scored 50+ points, he (and Arsenal) have not been great the last few games, but I maintain that for the majority of this season they have been far better when Laca has been in the team. I've no intention of keeping him past this GW btw, but I'm surprised you think Arsenal have been better without him when it's clear that the best run of results and goals was when he was the striker.

Blue Fire
Grumpy Old Man

Post by Blue Fire »

Gambit wrote: 20 Dec 2018, 20:50 well no, the evidence in favour of him is the 8 game 20 goal unbeaten run from September to November when he played every game and scored 50+ points, he (and Arsenal) have not been great the last few games, but I maintain that for the majority of this season they have been far better when Laca has been in the team. I've no intention of keeping him past this GW btw, but I'm surprised you think Arsenal have been better without him when it's clear that the best run of results and goals was when he was the striker.
They massively over-performed their xG in that run of games though, scoring 33 goals from a xG for 21. That's the worst among the top 6. It was bound to crash sooner rather than later.
Last edited by Blue Fire on 21 Dec 2018, 14:02, edited 1 time in total.

Billy Bongo
FISO Knight

Post by Billy Bongo »

So actually scoring goals is now described as 'worst' now? Xg isnt science, its not fact, the only facts are they scored a load of goals and then scoresld less. Why that happened is whats important. Its coincided with a lot of injuries Ozil Lacazatte and a kot of defenders.

Personally I think they've lost a lot losing Xhaka to defence. Socratis is now back and i can see Arsenal bouncing back with more goals.

To describe their goal output as inevitable and their impressive goal tally as 'worst' is stats madness imo

Sent from my SM-G965F using Tapatalk

Blue Fire
Grumpy Old Man

Post by Blue Fire »

Their xG being the least among the top 6 over that period is a fact, not an opinion. It's double the over-performance of Burnley last season and if it were to continue throughout the season we'd be looking at a huge anomaly. No other team has sustained that level of over performance (over the last 4 seasons according to Understat) for a sustained number of games so the logical assumption is that Arsenal have been running hot during that spell and are unlikely to hit similar levels in the future.

hancockjr
Dumbledore

Post by hancockjr »

Gambit wrote: 20 Dec 2018, 20:50
well no, the evidence in favour of him is the 8 game 20 goal unbeaten run from September to November when he played every game and scored 50+ points, he (and Arsenal) have not been great the last few games, but I maintain that for the majority of this season they have been far better when Laca has been in the team. I've no intention of keeping him past this GW btw, but I'm surprised you think Arsenal have been better without him when it's clear that the best run of results and goals was when he was the striker.
Lacazette's minutes in the last 6 matches:

...with no goals.

Seems Emery isn't convinced by the Lacazette / Aubameyang partnership. That's not "as well as me" though - what you were saying above was never my opinion, though you seemed to want it to be - i just think Arsenal are a puzzle and there's nothing certain in their team selection/how they play best except that Aubameyang must be in there (though maybe needs a rest, a result of his importance).

Do you still think it's as simple as you made out previously?

Gambit
Grumpy Old Man

Post by Gambit »

hancockjr wrote: 30 Dec 2018, 09:24
Gambit wrote: 20 Dec 2018, 20:50
Lacazette's minutes in the last 6 matches:

...with no goals.

Seems Emery isn't convinced by the Lacazette / Aubameyang partnership. That's not "as well as me" though - what you were saying above was never my opinion, though you seemed to want it to be - i just think Arsenal are a puzzle and there's nothing certain in their team selection/how they play best except that Aubameyang must be in there (though maybe needs a rest, a result of his importance).

Do you still think it's as simple as you made out previously?
I do yes, they are much better when they both play, not sure why Emery has taken against Laca as the best spell for Arsenal was when he and Auba played together.

The two main Arsenal forums are all mostly calling for Laca to be playing as the striker and they are not happy about him never being given 90 minutes. Perhaps there is some underlying fitness issue or they've had a falling out, one of the London papers recently ran a story that Auba had demanded to be the main striker so maybe there was some truth in that, but whatever the situation Arsenal need to go back to having Laca as the main striker and if that means Auba has to play a bit wider so be it. Arsenal are better with Laca and Auba together, week in week out, both playing 90 minutes (or as close as possible).

this from an Arsenal fanzine last week:
Why exactly can't Lacazette and Aubameyang play together?

Last season they played together in 5 games, resulting in 4 wins and 1 loss(all those games were with weakened teams too as we were focusing on Europa). In those games:

Auba:
4 goals
3 assists

Laca:
5 goals
1 assist

So in 5 games they combined for 9 goals and 4 assists.

This season they've played together in 15 games resulting in 9 wins 3 losses 3 draws (2 of those losses were the first 2 games). In those games this is their stats:

Auba:
7 Goals
1 Assist

Laca:
3 Goals
3 assists

so 10 goals 4 assists in 15 games combined.
These stats are just from when both of them are on the pitch playing together .

If you only look at when they both started:

17/18 started together 3 times won 2 lost 1(newcastle weakened team).
18/19 started together 8 times won 5 draw 3 lost 0

The numbers show they are not a liability together, in fact we are better when both of them are on the pitch.. Subjectively I think we look more threathening when both of them are playing together too.
but anyway, Laca left my team a couple of GW's ago and I've been better without him (unlike Arsenal)

johnjoe107
Treebeard
FS Record: Never been outside the top 3

Aubameyang

Post by johnjoe107 »

Reading some reports that, due to to illness, he didn't travel with the squad up to Huddersfield. Can anyone confirm these this.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

FranckKessie
Grumpy Old Man

Re: Aubameyang

Post by FranckKessie »

I think nothing is certain. Rumours started yesterday that didn't participate in training due to illness,however later a picture from training with Auba in the background appeared. Information may appear later today, but I haven't seen anything confirmed.

Sutter Kane
Dumbledore

Post by Sutter Kane »

IMO it's a 50/50 at the moment based on the info we have. Problem is, if he doesn't play and remains flagged until Arsenal's Europa game, he could be looking at a 0.2mn drop. The smart move would be wait until 11.25 to see if any more information emerges then make the decision either way. (I can't do that unfortunately so going to pass on him until next week and just play Bednarek home to Cardiff)

zalk
Red & Blue Braces
FS Record: 2197

Post by zalk »

Great, so now there's a risk for a cameo this weekend becuase Lacazette can't play EL?
*sigh*

Zimmerman
FISO Jedi Knight

Post by Zimmerman »

They play Bate at the emirates on Thursday.
I don’t think it will impact him playing Southampton (also at home) 3 days later.

More likely he plays 65-75mins on Thursday, arsenal get a 3 goal lead he comes off.

Thursday - Sunday - Wednesday - Saturday might be a bit much for these players but I think we’re at the stage of the season (especially for Arsenal) where they can’t be messing about dropping their best player.

The fact Aubameyang has only played 22 mins in the 18 days by the time the BATE game comes... he should have plenty in the tank to be expected to play 4 games in 10 days

View Latest: 1 Day View Your posts

Return to “Fantasy PremierLeague.com (FPL)”