To see less ads Register or Login ----- Daily Fantasy Sports games 18+

Manchester City

A Fantasy Football forum for news on fantasy football games run by the Premierleague (FPL).
Zimmerman
FISO Jedi Knight

Re: Manchester City (inc KDB injury implications)

Post by Zimmerman »

But Sane started against Chelsea????

finkelele
Treebeard

Post by finkelele »

Will Gundogan be starting now with D. Silva gone? Could be a good choice

Zimmerman
FISO Jedi Knight

Post by Zimmerman »

Fernandinho finally gets a rest.

Otherwise a strong team from City.

Ederson, Laporte, Stones, Otamendi, Zinchenko, Gundogan, Foden, Sane, Bernardo, Sterling, Jesus

carver
Grumpy Old Man
FS Record: Top 50k last 4 seasons . Mr Consistent

Post by carver »

Strangely strong team

No Way Jose
Grumpy Old Man
FS Record: Fluked first season

Post by No Way Jose »

Fuming as a sterling and sane owner

Zimmerman
FISO Jedi Knight

Post by Zimmerman »

Two home games... so they should be fine for Saturday.

No Way Jose
Grumpy Old Man

Post by No Way Jose »

Zimmerman wrote: 12 Dec 2018, 21:21 Two home games... so they should be fine for Saturday.
You’d have to assume Mahrez plays and one is benched though

hancockjr
Dumbledore
FS Record: FPL: Not as good as it was, but still very respectable.

Post by hancockjr »

No Way Jose wrote: 12 Dec 2018, 21:52
Zimmerman wrote: 12 Dec 2018, 21:21 Two home games... so they should be fine for Saturday.
Why?

Billy Bongo
FISO Knight

Post by Billy Bongo »

Sane is the one due a rest but the one in the best form

Sent from my SM-G965F using Tapatalk

No Way Jose
Grumpy Old Man

Post by No Way Jose »

hancockjr wrote: 12 Dec 2018, 21:55
No Way Jose wrote: 12 Dec 2018, 21:52
Why?
So many games in a row for sane and Aguero coming back. May start all 3 with sterling as striker and give Aguero a run off the bench?

Joccki_10
Grumpy Old Joker
FS Record: 16/17: 55 OR, 1 FISO Forum, 1 NLD and FISO Cup Winner

Post by Joccki_10 »

Sané has now played 637 minutes in exactly four weeks time. He has started all of his last eight games. Yes, I believe he is a key player for City while Mendy is out but I would be very surprised if he is preferred to Mahrez this GW again.

Owsler
Dumbledore

Post by Owsler »

Scored twice tonight. Mahrez can watch him being amazing from the bench. He might learn something.

Finisher1
Dumbledore

Post by Finisher1 »

Joccki_10 wrote: 12 Dec 2018, 22:12 Sané has now played 637 minutes in exactly four weeks time. He has started all of his last eight games. Yes, I believe he is a key player for City while Mendy is out but I would be very surprised if he is preferred to Mahrez this GW again.
Sane is playing brilliantly though and I think he doesn't seem like he needs a rest. He can get a full week of rest after GW17 anyway. He might still be benched in GW17, but unlike you I wouldn't be very surprised if he starts.

Joccki_10
Grumpy Old Joker
FS Record: 16/17: 55 OR, 1 FISO Forum, 1 NLD and FISO Cup Winner

Manchester City (inc KDB injury implications)

Post by Joccki_10 »

Finisher1 wrote:
Joccki_10 wrote: 12 Dec 2018, 22:12 Sané has now played 637 minutes in exactly four weeks time. He has started all of his last eight games. Yes, I believe he is a key player for City while Mendy is out but I would be very surprised if he is preferred to Mahrez this GW again.
Sane is playing brilliantly though and I think he doesn't seem like he needs a rest. He can get a full week of rest after GW17 anyway. He might still be benched in GW17, but unlike you I wouldn't be very surprised if he starts.
I didn’t say I would be surprised if he starts. I said I would be surprised if he does and Mahrez doesn’t. Quite a difference imo.

This doesn’t look like a good week to bring Sané in, especially for Mahrez. That’s all I’m saying.

Finisher1
Dumbledore

Post by Finisher1 »

Fair enough.

Sutter Kane
Dumbledore
FS Record: Unknown.

Post by Sutter Kane »

Also should factor in the fact that Sterling has played more minutes recently than Sane although Hoffenheim and Everton are both at home so no travelling 'fatigue'.
I'm very tempted to get in Sane with the form he's in, effectively for Lacazette, but am wary of a benching from Sane. He definitely is a set and forget until February when Mendy returns. It's just that this week could be bad timing. I presume Kun will be on the bench, possibly along with Jesus too??

Sutter Kane
Dumbledore

Post by Sutter Kane »

Owning neither and with the potential to bring in either this week or next, what I was hinting at with my first sentence is that why would Pep be more likely to bench Sane than Sterling with the form Sane is in? Dropping a player in red hot form is generally not a good idea. One way or another though, I do think Mahrez will start as others do.

hancockjr
Dumbledore

Post by hancockjr »

If Sane needed a rest he'd have had one v Hoffenheim in the dead rubber. I'm sure he'll start at the weekend, as much as anyone can ever be sure.

I have no idea about Mahrez, and I don't believe anyone can predict whether he'll start with any certainty.

Sutter Kane
Dumbledore

Post by Sutter Kane »

Yeah that's what I thought but there was a view from some on fiso that Pep was adamant about winning the group, so would pick a reasonably strong team. And he did - however because it was a home game, maybe we're overplaying the tiredness impact. Perhaps also because the opposition, whilst decent, is not going to dominate the ball and make City run, is not a bad team to play. Foden will definitely drop out for Fernandinho and Jesus could drop out for Mahrez with Sterling up top. Aguero and/or Jesus to come on and give others a rest. All effin' speculation as usual...

Sutter Kane
Dumbledore

Post by Sutter Kane »

Mahrez could even replace Gundogan or BSilva, though that seems less likely imo.

Zimmerman
FISO Jedi Knight

Post by Zimmerman »

In the last 6.5 weeks (since 28/10):-

11 games (including league cup)

Sterling 9 starts (completing 8)
Sane 8 starts (competing 6)
Total mins:
Sterling 793
Sane 681

Since 01/12
4 games
Sterling 3 starts
Total 270 mins

Sane 4 starts
Total 312 mins

Ruth_NZ
Grumpy Old Gorilla

Post by Ruth_NZ »

hancockjr wrote: If Sane needed a rest he'd have had one v Hoffenheim in the dead rubber. I'm sure he'll start at the weekend, as much as anyone can ever be sure.
I have no idea about Mahrez, and I don't believe anyone can predict whether he'll start with any certainty.
Hoffenheim wasn't a dead rubber, City needed a point and Pep was very firm about that fact (as evidenced by his team selection). And I don't believe that anyone can predict whether Sané will start with any surety either. The fact that both Sterling and Sané played 90 yesterday creates some uncertainty at the very least.
Sutter Kane wrote: Owning neither and with the potential to bring in either this week or next, what I was hinting at with my first sentence is that why would Pep be more likely to bench Sane than Sterling with the form Sane is in? Dropping a player in red hot form is generally not a good idea. One way or another though, I do think Mahrez will start as others do.
You are having a great season, SK. The worrying thing is how our teams are so similar yet you are almost 100 points ahead of me. :shock:

You have created an interesting squad there, very heavy at the back and no cheap attacker either. It's going to take some management.

I'm guessing that Richarlison and Lacazette would leave and in that case I think Sané would be worthwhile for you. You could then use next week's FT to downgrade Jimenez or (I guess more likely) Chilwell in order to be able to bring Richarlison back for Fraser in GW19. I guess something like that is the plan? It would seem wasteful to transfer Richarlison out and get him back 2 weeks later but that's the situation created by the type of squad structure you have where almost any adjustment will need 2 transfers. But that does mean you can micro-manage fixtures, in fact are almost forced to.

The reason I'd do that move and take the -4 is that I think Sané is a great medium-term pick whether he starts this weekend or not and I also think you are on the wrong horse with Lacazette (as I suspect you do). Who would come in for Lacazette though? Are you looking at Mitrovic with Fulham's nice fixtures maybe? Or Chicharito even?

hancockjr
Dumbledore

Post by hancockjr »

Sorry had thought they were top regardless.

No-one should transfer Fraser out ever. I did once and regretted it immediately.

Ruth_NZ
Grumpy Old Gorilla

Post by Ruth_NZ »

Yeah, I wish I hadn't really. :? But the fixtures aren't the greatest I'd certainly prefer Richarlison from GW19 onwards, wouldn't you?

finkelele
Treebeard

Post by finkelele »

Won't Gundogan be starting now with D.Silva among other gone? Any info/articles on that? Also, think Delph will start?

Zimmerman
FISO Jedi Knight

Post by Zimmerman »

I’m personally hoping Gundogan gets a few games. But Aguero is fit/available again.

That allows Sterling Aguero and Sane as a front three.

B Silva, Mahrez and Gundogan competing for two places?

Maybe the easier home game(s) it will be Mahrez and B Silva?

de Bruyne ready for some bench time too. Be amazed if he starts any of the next 2 or 3 though.

carver
Grumpy Old Man

Post by carver »

Can I trust sterling (c) this weekend ? What if he starts tonight??

Vsz
Grumpy Old Man
FS Record: Won lots of cash leagues and was once, very briefly, top of TFF. Finished 15th too. Various top 5K and 10K FPL finishes

Post by Vsz »

carver wrote: 18 Dec 2018, 13:29 Can I trust sterling (c) this weekend ? What if he starts tonight??
I have Sterling and Sane.

If Sterling starts but Sane doesn't I will captain Sane (Sterling vice).
If Sane starts but Sterling doesn't I will captain Sterling (Sane vice).
If both start I will captain Sterling (Sane vice).
If neither start I will captain Sterling (Sane vice).

Sane more likely to get a rest than Sterling in my opinion this eve - we will see.

Simples.

raoul
Dumbledore
FS Record: Tied for OR 1st worldwide in FPL in GW5 in 21/22 (only to then finish 1m), and ranked 1st in TFF late in season 21/22 (eventual finish 95th). Won an old game called Football Fantastic. Best Fanteam finish 117th and cashed £150. Best FPL finish 2.4K.

Post by raoul »

Vsz wrote: 18 Dec 2018, 17:10
carver wrote: 18 Dec 2018, 13:29 Can I trust sterling (c) this weekend ? What if he starts tonight??

Sane more likely to get a rest than Sterling in my opinion this eve - we will see.

Simples.
Pep wants to win tonight and is unlikely to rest many. More likely he will give KdB and Aguero some game time to beef them up for the league games coming.

Sterling has had a fair bit of rest already, so maybe Sane sits this one out.

carver
Grumpy Old Man

Post by carver »

raoul wrote: 18 Dec 2018, 17:41
Vsz wrote: 18 Dec 2018, 17:10

Simples.
Pep wants to win tonight and is unlikely to rest many. More likely he will give KdB and Aguero some game time to beef them up for the league games coming.

Sterling has had a fair bit of rest already, so maybe Sane sits this one out.
But then sane will have had his rest and will start the weekend probably at sterling’s expense . Is it just the way the fixtures are falling or is there more to it ?

If sterling starts tonight no way can I captain and will probably get rid

View Latest: 1 Day View Your posts

Return to “Fantasy PremierLeague.com (FPL)”