To see less ads Register or Login ----- Daily Fantasy Sports games 18+

GW15 Captain

A Fantasy Football forum for news on fantasy football games run by the Premierleague (FPL).

Which player will you hand the armband to?

Wilson (HUD)
5%
Arnautović (CAR)
8%
D. Silva (wat)
No votes
Sané (wat)
1%
Sterling (wat)
9%
Agüero (wat)
1%
Mané (bur)
1%
Salah (bur)
22%
Richarlison (NEW)
2%
Sigurðsson (NEW)
1%
Hazard (wol)
2%
Lacazette (mun)
No votes
Aubameyang (mun)
2%
Son (SOU)
1%
Alli (SOU)
No votes
Eriksen (SOU)
No votes
Kane (SOU)
45%

Total votes: 152

Joccki_10
Grumpy Old Joker
FS Record: 16/17: 55 OR, 1 FISO Forum, 1 NLD and FISO Cup Winner

GW15 Captain

Post by Joccki_10 »

Deadline follows quickly, so...

Quite a decision to make once again.

Stevieste
Dumbledore
FS Record: 24,360

Re: GW15 Captain

Post by Stevieste »

Joccki_10 wrote: 02 Dec 2018, 21:55 Deadline follows quickly, so...

Quite a decision to make once again.
Mahrez again on his last game for us :roll: :lol:

tarkens
Grumpy Old Man

Post by tarkens »

Arnautovic for me

swadd1er
Dumbledore

Post by swadd1er »

Big Harry (c), Sané (vc)

Pirlo's Beard
FISO Jedi Knight

Post by Pirlo's Beard »

What, no Alonso? :wink:

Kane (C)
Arnautović (V)

Valeron
FISOhead

Post by Valeron »

Salah’s reduced minutes yesterday give me the confidence to captain him. I think his benching comes next weekend. I think he’s a better captain than Kane this midweek, and generally Spurs 2 huge cup games in the next couple of weeks concern me. Their seemingly attractive league fixtures are an illusion I reckon.

Tall Paul
Dumbledore

Post by Tall Paul »

Valeron wrote: 03 Dec 2018, 04:22 Salah’s reduced minutes yesterday give me the confidence to captain him. I think his benching comes next weekend. I think he’s a better captain than Kane this midweek, and generally Spurs 2 huge cup games in the next couple of weeks concern me. Their seemingly attractive league fixtures are an illusion I reckon.
Hi Valeron.

Would still like you to show us the xG stats you're using to support your opinion that Burnley's performances this season are no worse than they were last season.

Thanks.

Panserjohan
Treebeard
FS Record: Started 2007

Post by Panserjohan »

I`m not sure who to play as captain this GW. Who would you choose from Sterling, Hazard, Arnie and Auba?

Resonare
Grumpy Old Man

Post by Resonare »

Tall Paul wrote: 03 Dec 2018, 07:43
Valeron wrote: 03 Dec 2018, 04:22 Salah’s reduced minutes yesterday give me the confidence to captain him. I think his benching comes next weekend. I think he’s a better captain than Kane this midweek, and generally Spurs 2 huge cup games in the next couple of weeks concern me. Their seemingly attractive league fixtures are an illusion I reckon.
Hi Valeron.

Would still like you to show us the xG stats you're using to support your opinion that Burnley's performances this season are no worse than they were last season.

Thanks.
Burley's xGA is projected to be around 80 by the end of the season. It was 56 or so last season according to understat. They should've actually conceded about 18 or so more goals than they actually did so they did overperform but they are worse this seson for sure.

What's more is Burnley have only played 3 fixtures vs Top 6 opposition so far this season, unless I'm mistaken I believe that's the least among any other team in the league.

Sorry for butting in, but I think it justifies my likely Salah (c) :P

ajcairns
Grumpy Old Man
FS Record: Still Decidedly Average.

Post by ajcairns »

Kane (c)
Arnautovic (vc)

Tall Paul
Dumbledore

Post by Tall Paul »

Resonare wrote: 03 Dec 2018, 08:30
Hi Valeron.

Thanks.
Burley's xGA is projected to be around 80 by the end of the season. It was 56 or so last season according to understat. They should've actually conceded about 18 or so more goals than they actually did so they did overperform but they are worse this seson for sure.
I know this, but Valeron claims to use xG tables that show that Burnley aren't any worse than they were last season and seems reluctant to show them. It's almost as if they don't stand up to scrutiny (or perhaps they don't exist).

I'll be captaining Salah as well. If we play like we did on Saturday Liverpool could hit double figures!

xJosh-
FISOhead

Post by xJosh- »

Kane (C)
Arnie (VC)

Pirlo's Beard
FISO Jedi Knight

Post by Pirlo's Beard »

Tall Paul wrote: 03 Dec 2018, 08:51 Valeron claims to use xG tables that show that Burnley aren't any worse than they were last season and seems reluctant to show them. It's almost as if they don't stand up to scrutiny (or perhaps they don't exist).
Kind of like his repeated claim that Leicester weren't the best team in the league the year they won it, and his repeated failure to tell us who he thinks actually were the best team in the league the year Leicester won it.

My money's on Chelsea. They finished a solid 10th and only just missed out on the title by 31 points.

Tall Paul
Dumbledore

Post by Tall Paul »

Pirlo's Beard wrote: 03 Dec 2018, 09:32
Tall Paul wrote: 03 Dec 2018, 08:51 Valeron claims to use xG tables that show that Burnley aren't any worse than they were last season and seems reluctant to show them. It's almost as if they don't stand up to scrutiny (or perhaps they don't exist).
Kind of like his repeated claim that Leicester weren't the best team in the league the year they won it, and his repeated failure to tell us who he thinks actually were the best team in the league the year Leicester won it.

My money's on Chelsea. They finished a solid 10th and only just missed out on the title by 31 points.
To be fair, it's not totally unreasonable to say that Leicester weren't the best team that season, particularly if you believe that xG is the only indicator of quality. xG tables on understat.com for that season show Arsenal with the highest "expected points", so by that measure they were the best team. They have Leicester 4th behind Man City and Spurs, fwiw.

Valeron's mythical tables might give a different answer though.

- Sorry for the threadjack mods. Maybe this discussion could be moved?

cesc408
Grumpy Old Man

Post by cesc408 »

Wanted to keep Salah this week for Burnley away but I needed the funds so he's now gone

Kane (C)
Arnie (VC)

andybarrell
Dumbledore
FS Record: 2013 Licence to Kill Winner
2019 S15 R2 Championship Winner
2020 FISO H2H League 1 Winner
2020 5aSide Champions (Falcons)

Post by andybarrell »

Kane C
Salah V

simples

tarkens
Grumpy Old Man

Post by tarkens »

United apparently will be without Smalling, Jones, Bailly, Shaw, Lindelof, Valencia, Darmian and Young on Wednesday against Arsenal, so Auba might be a good shout...

huskerdu
FISOhead

Post by huskerdu »

Why such few votes for Sane?

Owsler
Dumbledore

Post by Owsler »

Feel like a punt so perhaps Auba (C) Sane (VC)

Billy Bongo
FISO Knight

Post by Billy Bongo »

Yep, as a Burnley fan I'm on Salah to

BUR have conceded 86 shots in the box over the last 6, worst in the league. 2nd worst has 59.

That's an extra 4.5 per game BUR are conceding than the 2nd worst team in that category
Tall Paul wrote:
Resonare wrote: 03 Dec 2018, 08:30
Hi Valeron.

Thanks.
I know this, but Valeron claims to use xG tables that show that Burnley aren't any worse than they were last season and seems reluctant to show them. It's almost as if they don't stand up to scrutiny (or perhaps they don't exist).

I'll be captaining Salah as well. If we play like we did on Saturday Liverpool could hit double figures!
Sent from my SM-G965F using Tapatalk

Pulpy
Grumpy Old Man

Post by Pulpy »

No Kane so Salah or Sterling for me. Likely Salah as Burnley look ripe for a hammering.

Joccki_10
Grumpy Old Joker
FS Record: 16/17: 55 OR, 1 FISO Forum, 1 NLD and FISO Cup Winner

Post by Joccki_10 »

Mohamed Salah Ghaly.

I used to type my captain’s entire name and have a good GW. Let’s get back to that. :)

MrBenn
Treebeard

Post by MrBenn »

tarkens wrote: 03 Dec 2018, 14:33 United apparently will be without Smalling, Jones, Bailly, Shaw, Lindelof, Valencia, Darmian and Young on Wednesday against Arsenal, so Auba might be a good shout...
Apart from Shaw and Young that's good news for us United fans. :mrgreen:

Rojo only started training on Friday ,but unlike Lukaku, he is willing to risk more pain by playing. Might see Matic and Mctomnay at the back. Just Jose still trying to beat the owners about not buying a centre half. Toys n pram...

RuudTheDudeVanTheMan
Dumbledore
FS Record: Pioneer and perpetual main protagonist of the prestigious perennial Phlegmiership. Other than that particularly pointless prize pretty average.

2 time Divisional Championships Premier League winner :)

Post by RuudTheDudeVanTheMan »

Auba(C) Hazard(VC)

xJosh-
FISOhead

Post by xJosh- »

Are the people backing Salah doing that because they don’t have Kane? Appreciate he could thrash Burley regardless but surely SOU is the better shout on paper. Curious if people are doing Salah over Kane

From4corners
FISO Jedi Knight

Post by From4corners »

For those captaining Arnautovic, not worried he'll starting on the bench?
With his supposed injury and only just returning to fitness again, I could see him being rested for this one rather than playing three games in a row.

jacksosi
Grumpy Old Man
FS Record: TFF : 87th 06/07 ; FPL 1401st 08/09 ; 5AS champions 21/22 🔫🍸

Post by jacksosi »

xJosh- wrote:Are the people backing Salah doing that because they don’t have Kane? Appreciate he could thrash Burley regardless but surely SOU is the better shout on paper. Curious if people are doing Salah over Kane
Currently Salah C , Kane V for me.

Kane often trolls me as captain.

xJosh-
FISOhead

Post by xJosh- »

jacksosi wrote: 04 Dec 2018, 07:18
xJosh- wrote:Are the people backing Salah doing that because they don’t have Kane? Appreciate he could thrash Burley regardless but surely SOU is the better shout on paper. Curious if people are doing Salah over Kane
Currently Salah C , Kane V for me.

Kane often trolls me as captain.
Sounds personal :)

Desperado
Treebeard

Post by Desperado »

Pondering between Sterling, Aranutovic and Aubameyang. For me their xP is in that order (with Sterling the highest) if they all complete 70+ minutes. Auba has the highest chance to actually do that so guess that makes him my VC. Arnautovic is the most likely one to make a cameo from the bench so that why I'm wagering to captain Sterling.

Sterling (C)
Aubameyang (VC)

Incrediblewoody
Wideboy

Post by Incrediblewoody »

I'm sure he will prove me wrong, but is anyone else surprised with the Kane hype? he's failing the eye test big style recently and looks incredibly sluggish, Spurs fans on there own forums and subreddit aren't too impressed with him and yet everyone on FPL seems to be rushing to bring him in.

Salah for me this week. If Liverpool manage the same amount of shots as Palace last week then I'm hopefully laughing.

View Latest: 1 Day View Your posts

Return to “Fantasy PremierLeague.com (FPL)”