To see less ads Register or Login ----- Daily Fantasy Sports games 18+

Manchester City

A Fantasy Football forum for news on fantasy football games run by the Premierleague (FPL).
slyger
FISOhead

Re: Manchester City (inc KDB injury implications)

Post by slyger »

what do you guys think about Aquero to Auba and Martial to B Silva for a -4? I have Sterling as well who I guess may be rested. Should I just do the Martial to B Silva for no hit this GW and save the Aquero transfer for the following GW? The problem i have is my bench now with Kayal and Bennet both having been dropped

Bobby Fetta
Grumpy Old Man

Post by Bobby Fetta »

Re: Sterling - Salah comparison
This is what it looks like from my 10 week average xG plots:
- Salah currently lower than at any point last season (but only just)
- Sterling on the up but was higher towards the end of last season

Just sharing to add to the discussion - not claiming xG is any better than the eye test. (I don't have subscription TV so have to rely on stats!)
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Joccki_10
Grumpy Old Joker
FS Record: 16/17: 55 OR, 1 FISO Forum, 1 NLD and FISO Cup Winner

Post by Joccki_10 »

GW17 Salah :arrow: Sterling still on the cards for me.

Aldershot Rejects
Dumbledore
FS Record: 5th Metro (2010-11); 146 - Sky (2015-16); 218 - Sky (2014-15); 386 - Sky (2020-21); 636 - FPL (2017-18); last 16 Sky Cup (2018-19)

Post by Aldershot Rejects »

I'm looking for a sub 5.5m midfielder and I'm tempted to take a punt on Gundogan. No idea how he sits in the team if everyone is fit but his output is similar to Fraser.

Valeron
FISOhead

Post by Valeron »

I agree with Sutter Kane, Salah looks really dangerous in general and it’s only a matter of time before he starts scoring heavily again. He’s had so many near misses in recent weeks with assists as well as goals.

Blue Fire
Grumpy Old Man

Post by Blue Fire »

Joccki_10 wrote: 02 Dec 2018, 21:51 GW17 Salah :arrow: Sterling still on the cards for me.
+1

Billy Bongo
FISO Knight

Post by Billy Bongo »

Wait long enough he'll score yes, it's the cost of that wait that matters. I've still got him but my patience is running out
Valeron wrote:I agree with Sutter Kane, Salah looks really dangerous in general and it’s only a matter of time before he starts scoring heavily again. He’s had so many near misses in recent weeks with assists as well as goals.
Sent from my SM-G965F using Tapatalk

Finisher1
Dumbledore

Post by Finisher1 »

I just looked at City's fixtures in December and to me it seems they have about most time to rest in the whole PL. I wouldn't be surprised if Mahrez plays in UCL and EFL while Sterling and Sane both play at least 5 out of 6 PL fixtures in GW16-21.

Obviously GW15 is anybody's guess, I'd only bet Mahrez to play that match.

Billy Bongo
FISO Knight

Post by Billy Bongo »

They are the only team this season rolling teams for 5 or 6 so the odd rest is less important imo

xJosh-
FISOhead

Post by xJosh- »

Billy Bongo wrote: 03 Dec 2018, 06:49 Wait long enough he'll score yes, it's the cost of that wait that matters. I've still got him but my patience is running out
Valeron wrote:I agree with Sutter Kane, Salah looks really dangerous in general and it’s only a matter of time before he starts scoring heavily again. He’s had so many near misses in recent weeks with assists as well as goals.
I feel like people have been saying this for so long (me included) IMO Liverpool in general don't look like the front 3 they were last season because Salah has been moved up front and Firmino is playing deeper which just simply isn't working as well from an attacking POV. I know they're 2nd and unbeaten but for me that's mainly down to their defensive ability not their attacking ability. Yeah Salah is getting the strikers opportunities but he was making all of those opportunities and finishing half of them last season from RW. Its much harder to get into those positions on a regular basis from out wide, as a Striker those opportunites come easier and if he was capitalising a little more then yeah he might be worth it but right now he's not. I'm getting rid after Burnley as Liverpools fixtures aren't great anyway and every time I watch Salah he's not unlucky he's just been playing pretty poorly IMO. Just because he gets into good positions doesn't mean he's playing well. Sterling > Salah no doubt atm. Sterling is getting at least a goal or an assist a week and has had 2 hauls recently whereas Salah is clearly struggling even though being played up front. Getting Sterling also allows points elsewhere so not only is the original transfer clearly valuable right now but it adds points somewhere else too.

No brainer for me, I've just had both for a while and now I'm using Salah downgrade to 4.5 get Kane & Aub

jack1092
Wideboy

Post by jack1092 »

Josh my view on Salah et al is Klopp is trying to find a new formation to suit them all + currently it isn't really working. Firmino isn't playing well, Salah + Mane the same.

Personally i'd prefer they went back to last years, Firmino CF and Salah RW, but for some reason he's sticking with the current roles.

I don't think Salah is a CF, and it is showing- whilst still pulling numbers.

watch Salah he's not unlucky he's just been playing pretty poorly IMO. Just because he gets into good positions doesn't mean he's playing well. Sterling > Salah no doubt atm.

The first thing coaches etc say about a forward is at least they are getting into good positions- goals will come when they continue to do that, Salah isn't for me a proper CF, so playing well in the position might take awhile as it doesn't come naturally. He is scoring and getting into positions which is a positive IRL + in FPL.
Last edited by jack1092 on 04 Dec 2018, 12:50, edited 1 time in total.

Aldershot Rejects
Dumbledore
FS Record: 5th Metro (2010-11); 146 - Sky (2015-16); 218 - Sky (2014-15); 386 - Sky (2020-21); 636 - FPL (2017-18); last 16 Sky Cup (2018-19)

Post by Aldershot Rejects »

Sounds like Aguero picked up an abductor injury in training and could be out for a couple of weeks.

Joccki_10
Grumpy Old Joker
FS Record: 16/17: 55 OR, 1 FISO Forum, 1 NLD and FISO Cup Winner

Post by Joccki_10 »

Aldershot Rejects wrote:Sounds like Aguero picked up an abductor injury in training and could be out for a couple of weeks.
The train to Nazareth is leaving. All aboard!

Zimmerman
FISO Jedi Knight

Post by Zimmerman »

not disagreeing that Sterling is in the better form.

But not sure Salahs loss of form is positional - i.e. Sunday is the first game with any sort of radical change in role that i can recall. Prior to Sunday, he has been playing in the same position as last season. What is a possibly a factor is Firmino's loss of form. As he isn't being as influential, then there are not the same spaces (and passes) for Mo.

xJosh-
FISOhead

Post by xJosh- »

jack1092 wrote: 04 Dec 2018, 12:46 Josh my view on Salah et al is Klopp is trying to find a new formation to suit them all + currently it isn't really working. Firmino isn't playing well, Salah + Mane the same.

Personally i'd prefer they went back to last years, Firmino CF and Salah RW, but for some reason he's sticking with the current roles.

I don't think Salah is a CF, and it is showing- whilst still pulling numbers.

watch Salah he's not unlucky he's just been playing pretty poorly IMO. Just because he gets into good positions doesn't mean he's playing well. Sterling > Salah no doubt atm.

The first thing coaches etc say about a forward is at least they are getting into good positions- goals will come when they continue to do that, Salah isn't for me a proper CF, so playing well in the position might take awhile as it doesn't come naturally. He is scoring and getting into positions which is a positive IRL + in FPL.
Yeah I appreciate that and I agree, they should go back to last years. Why lose a winning formula? Doesn't make sense.

What I'm saying is yeah his underlining stats are similar and he's doing well to get into those positions etc but he isn't capitalising and he looks far from it when you watch him IMO. I know what you're saying that he's getting into positions and scoring here and there and eventually the goals will come but for 13m and with the goals not currently coming with those positions he is not worth the money over Sterling especially when even if Salah does score Sterling probably has the same or more anyway.

xJosh-
FISOhead

Post by xJosh- »

Zimmerman wrote: 04 Dec 2018, 13:03 not disagreeing that Sterling is in the better form.

But not sure Salahs loss of form is positional - i.e. Sunday is the first game with any sort of radical change in role that i can recall. Prior to Sunday, he has been playing in the same position as last season. What is a possibly a factor is Firmino's loss of form. As he isn't being as influential, then there are not the same spaces (and passes) for Mo.
Yeah I know what you're saying but I think Sunday was the first game where they announced him in the ST position in the line-up with Shaqiri RW however if you look at the heat maps etc of when they played 4-3-3 with 3 CMs Salah was playing more forward than anyone and almost as central as Firmino. Formations aren't set like before they're very fluid now, with lots of interchanging etc and in Liverpools case that was kind of what Klopp was saying last season and what everyone could see. They were deployed Mane LW Firmino CF Salah RW but they did whatever worked on the pitch, they did what was best in the circumstances on the pitch and ripped teams to bits because of it.

In a way that kind of contradicts my point, what I'm saying is I don't think it is as simple as Salah will almost always be on the RW because he is played there but the formation does give you a general area of space to operate in for the majority of the game and Salah IMO does better in that RW position . . . the one he scored 34 goals from.

There's also the element that as people have said Liverpool aren't playing as well in an attacking sense and therefore Salah isn't getting as many chances (stats or no stats) he had one of the worst or the worst conversion rate last season yet scored 34 goals and finished plenty of the difficult ones.

IDK overall I just feel from owning him and watching him all season he isn't going to cut it for his price and until he starts to and its clear to see he's out for me :D

OIEIAO
FISOhead

Post by OIEIAO »

Joccki_10 wrote: 04 Dec 2018, 12:54
Aldershot Rejects wrote:Sounds like Aguero picked up an abductor injury in training and could be out for a couple of weeks.
I am sure there is a lot of Aguero to Aubameyang this week but I am tempted by a punt on Jesus for tonight. Might still hop once more to Aubameyang for Saturday. I have Sterling and Sane and no man city defence.

I only have 0.1 wriggle room on Auba and I guess that will vanish tonight. But lacazette also still an option.

xJosh-
FISOhead

Post by xJosh- »

OIEIAO wrote: 04 Dec 2018, 13:44
Joccki_10 wrote: 04 Dec 2018, 12:54
I am sure there is a lot of Aguero to Aubameyang this week but I am tempted by a punt on Jesus for tonight. Might still hop once more to Aubameyang for Saturday. I have Sterling and Sane and no man city defence.

I only have 0.1 wriggle room on Auba and I guess that will vanish tonight. But lacazette also still an option.
I'd go straight for Aub tbh mate. He will probs score against Utd, they conceded 2 against SOU, have loads of defensive injuries and are just plain shit at the minute. Watford are decent, Jesus is off form. I'd say the only plus of having him is that he's probs on pens & if City go on a mad one he could just naturally be involved in stuff but its not likely away to Watford IMO even though they're capable against anyone.

carver
Grumpy Old Man
FS Record: Top 50k last 4 seasons . Mr Consistent

Post by carver »

I thought Mahrez and sane were excellent last night and makes me wonder how come sterling gets the lion share of the minutes

Panserjohan
Treebeard
FS Record: Started 2007

Post by Panserjohan »

So is it true that Mahrez plays the "big" games? Leaving Sane out given that Sterling will feature?

OIEIAO
FISOhead

Post by OIEIAO »

Jesus didn't look particularly sharp last night. I wonder if we might see Sterling Sane and Mahrez as the front 3 from time to time when Aguero is not available. Sterling did play as the number 9 in a handful of games last season.

Rivers
Treebeard

Post by Rivers »

Panserjohan wrote: 05 Dec 2018, 09:42 So is it true that Mahrez plays the "big" games? Leaving Sane out given that Sterling will feature?
People are just following whatever narrative fits: Laporte is nailed remember :roll:

Its all true until it ceases to be.

Finisher1
Dumbledore

Post by Finisher1 »

Rivers wrote: 05 Dec 2018, 12:18
Panserjohan wrote: 05 Dec 2018, 09:42 So is it true that Mahrez plays the "big" games? Leaving Sane out given that Sterling will feature?
People are just following whatever narrative fits: Laporte is nailed remember :roll:

To be honest many people said Laporte is likely to be rested against Watford, just before Chelsea match. So he has started 14 out of 15 matches and even the only rest was very predictable. I think narrative has been correct with Laporte.

carver
Grumpy Old Man
FS Record: Top 50k last 4 seasons . Mr Consistent

Post by carver »

OIEIAO wrote: 05 Dec 2018, 11:32 Jesus didn't look particularly sharp last night. I wonder if we might see Sterling Sane and Mahrez as the front 3 from time to time when Aguero is not available. Sterling did play as the number 9 in a handful of games last season.

Though Jesus played well to be honest set up the second goal and a few other nice moments .

But nevertheless yes that front 3 is possible . Maybe more so since Jesus only just back from injury and started back to back games

xJosh-
FISOhead

Post by xJosh- »

Laporte is still "Nailed" its not that he was dropped for his performance was it? He was just rested over a busy period with a big away game at the weekend. Same with Sterling. Sterling plays over Sane & Mahrez because he contributed more than both of them, hes been directly involved in around a 3rd of our goals this season. I'd be hopeful of that formation vs Chelsea given my FPL but I feel Sterling is in his best position and doing the most damage from the wing so putting him up front could ruin that or who knows he could be even more lethal.

Rivers
Treebeard

Post by Rivers »

Finisher1 wrote: 05 Dec 2018, 12:52

To be honest many people said Laporte is likely to be rested against Watford, just before Chelsea match. So he has started 14 out of 15 matches and even the only rest was very predictable. I think narrative has been correct with Laporte.
Just as many were outraged that Pep would rotate his players in a busy schedule. These are the ones following a narrative like ‘Mahrez plays the big games’ only to complain later if he gets dropped for Sterling coming back in.

Laporte getting rested was logical, as you pointed out, but ‘nailed’ is assumed in this context to mean not rotated or rested. They want the pattern rather than the reality.

Stevieste
Dumbledore
FS Record: 24,360

Post by Stevieste »

Rivers wrote: 05 Dec 2018, 14:29
Finisher1 wrote: 05 Dec 2018, 12:52

Just as many were outraged that Pep would rotate his players in a busy schedule. These are the ones following a narrative like ‘Mahrez plays the big games’ only to complain later if he gets dropped for Sterling coming back in.

Laporte getting rested was logical, as you pointed out, but ‘nailed’ is assumed in this context to mean not rotated or rested. They want the pattern rather than the reality.
Mahrez does play the big games and he will play against Chelsea weekend and so will sterling.

Sane is in great form i agree, but he will most likely be benched weekend and Jesus or Aguero be upfront.

Finisher1
Dumbledore

Post by Finisher1 »

Rivers wrote: 05 Dec 2018, 14:29 Laporte getting rested was logical, as you pointed out, but ‘nailed’ is assumed in this context to mean not rotated or rested. They want the pattern rather than the reality.
I think you have misinterpreted this 'narrative'. People here are really smart, so I think everyone here knows that no one is guaranteed to play all 38 matches.

Rivers
Treebeard

Post by Rivers »

Stevieste wrote: 05 Dec 2018, 14:45
Mahrez does play the big games and he will play against Chelsea weekend and so will sterling.

Sane is in great form i agree, but he will most likely be benched weekend and Jesus or Aguero be upfront.
And you’re certain of that following Mendy’s Injury right? It’s not even worth questioning...
Finisher1 wrote: 05 Dec 2018, 14:54
I think you have misinterpreted this 'narrative'. People here are really smart, so I think everyone here knows that no one is guaranteed to play all 38 matches.
I think you’re missing my point entirely and likely on purpose. Do you think Mahrez will start because it’s a big game? Or will it be down to his form, fitness and relative qualities of other available players?

Finisher1
Dumbledore

Post by Finisher1 »

Rivers wrote: 05 Dec 2018, 14:58 I think you’re missing my point entirely and likely on purpose. Do you think Mahrez will start because it’s a big game? Or will it be down to his form, fitness and relative qualities of other available players?
I don't know about Mahrez but I think you are wrong about Laporte, because people here have been really right on the money with Laporte. He has started 14 out of 15 matches and the one match he was rested was correctly predicted by many people here.

View Latest: 1 Day View Your posts

Return to “Fantasy PremierLeague.com (FPL)”