To see less ads Register or Login ----- Daily Fantasy Sports games 18+

I have a question for those who buy Kane

A Fantasy Football forum for news on fantasy football games run by the Premierleague (FPL).
Finisher1
Dumbledore

I have a question for those who buy Kane

Post by Finisher1 »

Aren't you guys worried about the fact that he has played as a number ten in some matches? Do you think that will change, and he will play only as a striker from now on? I'm genuinely asking because I don't know, maybe there is a reason to expect him to play as a striker in the upcoming gameweeks?

I think 12.3m would be a bit too much for a reverse-OOP, wouldn't it?

Billy Bongo
FISO Knight

Re: I have a question for those who buy Kane

Post by Billy Bongo »

No, not worried

Alli Eriksen Son are all fit now, no need for Moura to run around like a headless chicken anymore forcing Kane deeper.

Kane da man

Sent from my SM-G965F using Tapatalk

Finisher1
Dumbledore

Post by Finisher1 »

Billy Bongo wrote: 30 Nov 2018, 12:31 No, not worried

Alli Eriksen Son are all fit now, no need for Moura to run around like a headless chicken anymore forcing Kane deeper.

Kane da man

However, Moura played against Inter which was a massively important match for Spurs. I think Pochettino played what he thought was his strongest possible lineup on that day.

So do you think Eriksen and Son weren't fully fit that day?

Besides, the next huge match for them is Barcelona so they will definitely rotate in GW14-16, so I really really expect Moura to start one or two matches in GW14-16 in any case, even if he is not the first team player anymore. So, Kane as a number ten in one or two matches in GW14-16 it is, then?

Billy Bongo
FISO Knight

Post by Billy Bongo »

Potch himself said Eriksen wasnt quite 100%, dunno about Son

Kane does what he does, looks anonymous then scores goals

With a player like him i never over analyse what he does between his goals. Its just what players like him do

Finisher1
Dumbledore

Post by Finisher1 »

Billy Bongo wrote: 30 Nov 2018, 12:53 With a player like him i never over analyse what he does between his goals. Its just what players like him do
I know he is world-class but I think this is the first season when he has played as a number ten in some matches.

Billy Bongo
FISO Knight

Post by Billy Bongo »

If that was on purpose, and not just because Moura qas a headless chicken, then it failed and almost certainly wont happen again imo

mrbirtakim
Wideboy
FS Record: Excellent

Post by mrbirtakim »

Finisher1 wrote: 30 Nov 2018, 12:58 I know he is world-class but I think this is the first season when he has played as a number ten in some matches.
This used to happen when Dembele was fitter, better, and absent. Was dubbed 'Dembele theory'. If ball doesn't go to Kane, Kane goes to ball. Less likely to happen with players who can carry the ball forward.

Question mark on Kane still is his fitness. He's taking more shots now but not looking any less fatigued or to me. I doubt if he'll be rested for CL or MMC either. He now has 10 games in the next 30 days, that's a few too many for a 12.3m player that should be captained 4 out of next 8.

jeffmcgow
Dumbledore
FS Record: FPL - FISO Mirror League 1st 2015-16 | Sun - Cheap as Chips Conference 1st 2014-15 & 2015-16

Post by jeffmcgow »

:) It took me a couple of minutes to work out MMC. I guessed at C = "Cup" and the rest fell into place!

Turd Ferguson
FISOhead

Post by Turd Ferguson »

Top 3 in xG this season according to Understat:

Aguero: 8.76
Salah: 8.15
Kane: 8.00

And this is during a stretch when he "looked fatigued", "isn't taking enough shots", and "is playing as a number 10."

Is he going to score 30 this season? Probably not. Is he a viable captain option in easy games? Absolutely.

Finisher1
Dumbledore

Post by Finisher1 »

Turd Ferguson wrote: 30 Nov 2018, 16:25 Top 3 in xG this season according to Understat:

Aguero: 8.76
Salah: 8.15
Kane: 8.00

And this is during a stretch when he "looked fatigued", "isn't taking enough shots", and "is playing as a number 10."

Is he going to score 30 this season? Probably not. Is he a viable captain option in easy games? Absolutely.
Kane's figure is inflated by his two penalties while Salah and Aguero have got no penalties so far. Well, Salah is not on penalties when Milner is on the field so that's an advantage for Kane anyway, but Aguero on the other hand should have penalties at least the same amount as Kane in the long run.

Besides, those figures favour Salah and Aguero anyway, because Aguero is cheaper than Kane and Salah is a midfielder, and even then they have better xG than Kane.

But obviously Kane is a world-class goalscorer and probably the best goalscorer of these three, so if he keeps playing as a striker then I think he will score loads of goals.

mrbirtakim
Wideboy
FS Record: Excellent

Post by mrbirtakim »

Also: Aguero has 6 assists and Salah has 4, to Kane's 2 - and that's when he's playing deeper (but not a number 10 I don't think). He also had 2 in PL last season. His pros kind of balance his cons, bit like Aguero (minutes) and Salah (bonus) this season really. He can be a good option but it's just not that clear cut to me.

Billy Bongo
FISO Knight

Post by Billy Bongo »

Kane is a goal machine, you just to time your ownership

For me, the time is now

Im glad there are a lot of reluctant investors about tbh

hancockjr
Dumbledore
FS Record: FPL: Not as good as it was, but still very respectable.

Post by hancockjr »

I don't believe Kane has played in the number 10 position this season. What game do you think he did this in and who played up front in his place? Pitch maps certainly prove it wasn't v Inter, Wolves or Palace, all of which Moura played in.

Billy Bongo
FISO Knight

Post by Billy Bongo »

I dont think so either, he just dropped deep when Moura was running about like a mad man
hancockjr wrote:I don't believe Kane has played in the number 10 position this season. What game do you think he did this in and who played up front in his place? Pitch maps certainly prove it wasn't v Inter, Wolves or Palace, all of which Moura played in.

hancockjr
Dumbledore

Post by hancockjr »

Agreed - dropping deep every now and again is not “playing number 10”.

Finisher1
Dumbledore

Post by Finisher1 »

hancockjr wrote: 30 Nov 2018, 17:24 I don't believe Kane has played in the number 10 position this season. What game do you think he did this in and who played up front in his place? Pitch maps certainly prove it wasn't v Inter, Wolves or Palace, all of which Moura played in.
For example in GW8 against Cardiff. Go and check out those heat maps.

hancockjr
Dumbledore

Post by hancockjr »

Finisher1 wrote: 30 Nov 2018, 19:38
hancockjr wrote: 30 Nov 2018, 17:24 I don't believe Kane has played in the number 10 position this season. What game do you think he did this in and who played up front in his place? Pitch maps certainly prove it wasn't v Inter, Wolves or Palace, all of which Moura played in.
Yes that one's plausible. A 1-0 home win against a struggling side courtesy of an 8th minute Dier goal and much of the match played against 10 men suggests it was not a successful experiment.

Was it repeated and if not why do you think it might be in future?

Finisher1
Dumbledore

Post by Finisher1 »

hancockjr wrote: 30 Nov 2018, 19:46
Finisher1 wrote: 30 Nov 2018, 19:38
Yes that one's plausible. A 1-0 home win against a struggling side courtesy of an 8th minute Dier goal and much of the match played against 10 men suggests it was not a successful experiment.

Was it repeated and if not why do you think it might be in future?
It happened a lot in the early season but admittedly the results may have not been quite succesful. I'm not sure if it has happened very recently or if it's likely to happen again, that's why I opened this thread to ask this very specific question.

Ruth_NZ
Grumpy Old Gorilla

Post by Ruth_NZ »

Finisher1 wrote: Aren't you guys worried about the fact that he has played as a number ten in some matches? Do you think that will change, and he will play only as a striker from now on? I'm genuinely asking because I don't know, maybe there is a reason to expect him to play as a striker in the upcoming gameweeks? I think 12.3m would be a bit too much for a reverse-OOP, wouldn't it?
I have considered it and think he will continue to drop deeper in some games (I think that's a more accurate way to describe it). But I am of the view that the fixture run (with 8 of the next 12 games at home) is good enough to compensate.

It also seems to me that Eriksen and Alli being injured a fair bit has hampered Kane positionally because Moura tends to play for himself rather than servicing Kane. Especially Eriksen being fit to play regularly should help I think.

The other reason why Kane is that I suspect the midfield will be annoyingly rotated. I'd take Eriksen like a shot if I thought he would start every game but I don't know whether he is capable of that. So Kane will be in my team next week. I don't think he's as good a prospect in general as he was last season but for the next 12-13 games he's good enough and I think he has a pretty fair chance of bettering Aguero over that period.

View Latest: 1 Day View Your posts

Return to “Fantasy PremierLeague.com (FPL)”