To see less ads Register or Login ----- Daily Fantasy Sports games 18+

GW13 Captain

A Fantasy Football forum for news on fantasy football games run by the Premierleague (FPL).

Who will your captain be in GW13?

Richarlison (CAR)
14%
Martial (PAL)
5%
Salah (wat)
34%
Mane (wat)
1%
Sterling (whu)
9%
Aguero (whu)
35%
Kane (CHE)
No votes
Hazard (tot)
No votes
Aubameyang (bou)
No votes
Lacazette (bou)
No votes
Wilson (ARS)
No votes
Doherty (HUD)
1%
Jimenez (HUD)
1%
Other - who?
No votes

Total votes: 173

First Sub Podcast
Grumpy Old Man
FS Record: Twitter @TheFirstSub_FPL

GW13 Captain

Post by First Sub Podcast »

Quite an interesting week with no one obvious in my opinion, a GW to gain big with a differential maybe?

Sterling (c)
Salah (vc)

Jason Bourne
Red & Blue Braces

Re: GW13 Captain

Post by Jason Bourne »

Sterling (C) Salah (VC)

Stevieste
Dumbledore
FS Record: 24,360

Post by Stevieste »

Richarlison C Salah V

jacksosi
Grumpy Old Man
FS Record: TFF : 87th 06/07 ; FPL 1401st 08/09 ; 5AS champions 21/22 🔫🍸

Post by jacksosi »

Salah and Kun, C and VC, just not sure which way round

ajcairns
Grumpy Old Man
FS Record: Still Decidedly Average.

Post by ajcairns »

Currently on Aguero but trying to pluck up courage for Martial.

Sutter Kane
Dumbledore
FS Record: Unknown.

Post by Sutter Kane »

Aguero had a 2 week rest. West Ham's defence is average at best; it's a question of how many goals Man C will score. Aguero(c).

TheBigLewandowski
Grumpy Old Man
FS Record: OR 1,259 2016/17

Post by TheBigLewandowski »

jacksosi wrote: 18 Nov 2018, 16:53 Salah and Kun, C and VC, just not sure which way round Image
Same here.

wonkypenguin
Grumpy Old Man

Post by wonkypenguin »

Sutter Kane wrote: 18 Nov 2018, 20:06 Aguero had a 2 week rest. West Ham's defence is average at best; it's a question of how many goals Man C will score. Aguero(c).
Thats my theory.. Aguero (c), whichever City midfield I bring in (VC)

um09a2k
Grumpy Old Man

Post by um09a2k »

I mean last time Salah played Watford he put four past them.

xJosh-
FISOhead

Post by xJosh- »

What’s people’s logic on Salah over a City player? I’m iffy about either considering they both play away but surely if any it’s Serg/Sterling over Salah/Mane? City are banging goals in for fun and whilst Liverpool look great imo they aren’t that devastating attack they were last season and are more of a risk?

Oxford NZ
Dumbledore
FS Record: They think it's all over!

Post by Oxford NZ »

Richarlison / Alonso atm

Joccki_10
Grumpy Old Joker
FS Record: 16/17: 55 OR, 1 FISO Forum, 1 NLD and FISO Cup Winner

Post by Joccki_10 »

I’m leaning towards Richarlison.

dino1980
Grumpy Old Man
FS Record: FPL Best, 1,000th 2014-15.

Post by dino1980 »

Sutter Kane wrote: 18 Nov 2018, 20:06 Aguero had a 2 week rest. West Ham's defence is average at best; it's a question of how many goals Man C will score. Aguero(c).
Basically this for me too.

cesc408
Grumpy Old Man

Post by cesc408 »

Put the C on Aguero when I sorted my team after the last deadline. No plans to change

Stemania
FISO Jedi Knight
Location: On the Iron Throne of xG, the seat of The Crown Prince of the Stat Perverts. Or if not, in the STC!
FS Record: Best: TFF 321st. FPL 129th. FFS Career HoF Peak 2nd (Live 1st). Ability since lost.

Post by Stemania »

Quite surprised to see Richarlison a reasonable distance ahead of Salah then Aguero in the FFS poll right now.

As an owner of all three I'm very likely to be banding the latter two in some order. Leaning towards Kun given Watford's good xGA record this season.

The bookies currently have Kun a reasonable distance out front of anybody as anytime goalscorer, with Salah a reasonable distance ahead of Richarlison. Salah tops the FFS projections.

Pulpy
Grumpy Old Man

Post by Pulpy »

Stemania wrote: 20 Nov 2018, 15:39 Quite surprised to see Richarlison a reasonable distance ahead of Salah then Aguero in the FFS poll right now.
The picture of Richarlison in the article advertising the captaincy poll is perhaps skewing the early vote.

No Aguero so Sterling or Salah for me. The latter seems the safer bet but at present I'm tempted to risk the City man. Last year at West Ham he had an insane game.

FranckKessie
Grumpy Old Man

Post by FranckKessie »

Feels like a week to punt. Martial could be on the cards for me with Salah or Aguero VC.

Martial averaged 5.8 points at home versus NonTopSix and is above 7 points this season, so I dont feel it is unlikely that his expected points is somewhat similar to Salah and Aguero. WAT looks solid this year and I imagine WHU will put in a water tight midfield and bank on counters versus City.

Not a given this week.

Ruth_NZ
Grumpy Old Gorilla

Post by Ruth_NZ »

No, I agree. Richarlison and Martial both have decent prospects but I will probably go with Salah, who scored 5 in 2 games against Watford last season. What also attracts me is that a lot of the top teams have had no Salah all season and I'd like to be on the right side of the swing if he hauls. He seems as good an option as any other anyway.

First Sub Podcast
Grumpy Old Man
FS Record: Twitter @TheFirstSub_FPL

Post by First Sub Podcast »

My main concern with Salah is that they play PSG 4 days later? If the game is won you’d expect him to be dragged early? It’s a huge game for Liverpool in Paris.

Whereas with City being all but through I expect to see Sterling rested in the final two CL games and played in the prem.

Ruth_NZ
Grumpy Old Gorilla

Post by Ruth_NZ »

Not so much, Saturday-Wednesday-Sunday isn't hard and Klopp is on record as saying that a 4-day gap is plenty. It's when teams have Sunday-Wednesday-Saturday that it gets a bit trickier. Liverpool do have that kind of schedule upcoming (4 games in 10 days) but that's GW14-16 for FPL.

raoul
Dumbledore
FS Record: Tied for OR 1st worldwide in FPL in GW5 in 21/22 (only to then finish 1m), and ranked 1st in TFF late in season 21/22 (eventual finish 95th). Won an old game called Football Fantastic. Best Fanteam finish 117th and cashed £150. Best FPL finish 2.4K.

Post by raoul »

Ruth_NZ wrote: 21 Nov 2018, 11:10 Not so much, Saturday-Wednesday-Sunday isn't hard and Klopp is on record as saying that a 4-day gap is plenty. It's when teams have Sunday-Wednesday-Saturday that it gets a bit trickier. Liverpool do have that kind of schedule upcoming (4 games in 10 days) but that's GW14-16 for FPL.
and Egypt's midweek friendly was cancelled it seems, so Salah should be better rested than many returnees.

OTOH, Richarlison went no further than London and had a nice break halfway home in MK. And scored. He looked decent against Uruguay as well. If Siggy plays, a home game v Cardiff looks like a decent chance of a brace to me. I am very tempted (despite also owning Aguero, Salah).

Joshua82
Grumpy Old Man
FS Record: Consecutive top 3k finishes in FPL (2013-2015)

Post by Joshua82 »

Nobody concerned about Aguero's away form? Just 6 goals away last season and 1 in 5 games this season (albeit playing against some tough opposition). I know he missed some of last season through injury but the numbers still aren't that great and is enough to make me question captaining him ahead of Salah, Rich or Martial as he seems to do most of his damage at the Etihad. If I get a chance I'll dig into his away goals stats last season to see if his numbers look better against teams outside the top 6, unless anyone here knows.

raoul
Dumbledore
FS Record: Tied for OR 1st worldwide in FPL in GW5 in 21/22 (only to then finish 1m), and ranked 1st in TFF late in season 21/22 (eventual finish 95th). Won an old game called Football Fantastic. Best Fanteam finish 117th and cashed £150. Best FPL finish 2.4K.

Post by raoul »

Joshua82 wrote: 21 Nov 2018, 12:19 Nobody concerned about Aguero's away form? Just 6 goals away last season and 1 in 5 games this season (albeit playing against some tough opposition). I know he missed some of last season through injury but the numbers still aren't that great and is enough to make me question captaining him ahead of Salah, Rich or Martial as he seems to do most of his damage at the Etihad. If I get a chance I'll dig into his away goals stats last season to see if his numbers look better against teams outside the top 6, unless anyone here knows.
I have read similar elsewhere on here about MC away performances in general, not just Aguero. Now I don't think 0-0 at Anfield, or 1-0 win at Spurs, or 2-0 win at Arsenal are anything other than pretty good, and maybe it is just the comparison with their home game routs, but maybe it is his lack of service rather than him in particular?

Anyway, the reason is less important than the outcome isn't it?

I think West Ham are improving at home in particular, and would not be surprised to see a 1-1 or similar this weekend.

Joshua82
Grumpy Old Man
FS Record: Consecutive top 3k finishes in FPL (2013-2015)

Post by Joshua82 »

True, could be due to Aguero getting a lack of service away from home. After looking at the last few WHU vs Man City games though the scores have been 1-4, 0-5 and 0-4 to City so perhaps Aguero could be the choice this weekend after all seeing as City love playing West Ham in their own park so much. Makes me think this could be one of the fixtures Aguero picks up some away attacking returns. Has Pellegrini improved West Ham's defence enough to stop another City mauling? Not sure but I what I go know is Watford really are a different team to last year where Liv tonked them which is making me question Salah more than Aguero. Wouldn't surprise me if Wat-Liv is a low scoring game.

xJosh-
FISOhead

Post by xJosh- »

raoul wrote: 21 Nov 2018, 11:54
Ruth_NZ wrote: 21 Nov 2018, 11:10 Not so much, Saturday-Wednesday-Sunday isn't hard and Klopp is on record as saying that a 4-day gap is plenty. It's when teams have Sunday-Wednesday-Saturday that it gets a bit trickier. Liverpool do have that kind of schedule upcoming (4 games in 10 days) but that's GW14-16 for FPL.
and Egypt's midweek friendly was cancelled it seems, so Salah should be better rested than many returnees.

OTOH, Richarlison went no further than London and had a nice break halfway home in MK. And scored. He looked decent against Uruguay as well. If Siggy plays, a home game v Cardiff looks like a decent chance of a brace to me. I am very tempted (despite also owning Aguero, Salah).
If Siggy doesn't play while I know that limits Evertons creativity etc it would also surely put Rich on pens? I read on here about a month ago from an Everton fan that most of their chances created etc is coming from wide and not central although given Siggurdsons recent performances maybe that's changed now?

Its a toss up between Sterling & Rich for me. Martial is iffy and scored in his last 4 so he's due a blank :lol: and I just have a bad feeling about Salah. I'm leaning towards Rich because I keep thinking he could get a brace/hattrick at home to Cardiff, I don't see sterling doing the same although it is plausible.

OldSkoolFPL
Red & Blue Braces

Post by OldSkoolFPL »

Salah for me, Watford just couldn't handle him last year, I know they've improved but home and away he turned it on & expect him to get atleast a goal.

There's not much in it, both will probably score.

FranckKessie
Grumpy Old Man

Post by FranckKessie »

Ruth_NZ wrote: 20 Nov 2018, 23:15 No, I agree. Richarlison and Martial both have decent prospects but I will probably go with Salah, who scored 5 in 2 games against Watford last season. What also attracts me is that a lot of the top teams have had no Salah all season and I'd like to be on the right side of the swing if he hauls. He seems as good an option as any other anyway.
60% ownership in top10k, but don't know if that is the population you are really interested in?

Ruth_NZ
Grumpy Old Gorilla

Post by Ruth_NZ »

Of course it is but that is recent, people panicked about not having him for the Fulham game. They may have him now but their success this season has in many cases been built on no Salah and I doubt he'll be widely captained this week, I wouldn't expect him to reach 100% EO in that group.

Notned
FISO Knight

Post by Notned »

Gut instinct says Aguero, but I wouldn't put it past Mane, Richarlison or Martial to haul either. Will probably make a spur of the moment decision close to deadline, but in all likelihood will choose the wrong one either way!

FranckKessie
Grumpy Old Man

Post by FranckKessie »

Ruth_NZ wrote: 21 Nov 2018, 20:56 Of course it is but that is recent, people panicked about not having him for the Fulham game. They may have him now but their success this season has in many cases been built on no Salah and I doubt he'll be widely captained this week, I wouldn't expect him to reach 100% EO in that group.
I never check 10K ownership, but your previous post made me do it. If Salah had had say 20-40% ownership I would probably have put (C) on him as he would have been a real differential.

Funny Stat: From GW11 to GW12 Salah ownerships% in Top10K actually decreased from 65'ish% to 61'ish%. So it doesn't look like there was a big Salah in-flow up to FUL in top10K.

View Latest: 1 Day View Your posts

Return to “Fantasy PremierLeague.com (FPL)”