To see less ads Register or Login ----- Daily Fantasy Sports games 18+

Week 9 Captains

A forum for news and discussion on SkySports Fantasy Football. Both Football365 and TeamTalk used to feed into this game.
Cars and Mané
Red & Blue Braces
FS Record: Sky Fantasy Football Winner 2017/18

Re: Week 9 Captains

Post by Cars and Mané »

It's an interesting period in the Sky game. Is anyone actually happy with their team?

I'm having troubles with my third midfielder slot. I currently have Richarlison there and I know he isn't the long term answer. But I have no idea who is. Anyone eyeing up KDB?

S_sutton87
Grumpy Old Man

Post by S_sutton87 »

What seems to be the best formation I'm on 4-3-3 at the moment

Sent from my H8216 using Tapatalk

itslikebrandnew
Grumpy Old Man
FS Record: ?

Post by itslikebrandnew »

wandacatvenus wrote: 09 Oct 2018, 22:21 Ok. I tried.

Have had two top 50 finishes, which can’t just be down to luck.
You're obviously a good player and know what you're doing. I appreciate the offer of advice however if you're telling me to change strategy now it's just something i can't do because my team is set. If my strategy sees my team fall away then next season i'll be listening to playing a different way. But i can't just blow 9 transfers now to alter my team to how others play :lol:

Cars and Mané
Red & Blue Braces

Post by Cars and Mané »

I'm currently on 5-3-2 in both teams but I'd go 7-1-2 if I could.

S_sutton87
Grumpy Old Man

Post by S_sutton87 »

Cars and Mané wrote:I'm currently on 5-3-2 in both teams but I'd go 7-1-2 if I could.
Yeah I think going for the strikers hoping they will score big has set me back year of the wing backs I feel now

Sent from my H8216 using Tapatalk

itslikebrandnew
Grumpy Old Man

Cars and Mané wrote: 10 Oct 2018, 10:24 It's an interesting period in the Sky game. Is anyone actually happy with their team?

I'm having troubles with my third midfielder slot. I currently have Richarlison there and I know he isn't the long term answer. But I have no idea who is. Anyone eyeing up KDB?
I'm eyeing up KDB as i had Aguero pencilled in for Nov, but i might be able to go Zaha to KDB instead.

CBN
Dumbledore
FS Record: Three top ten seasonal finishes in the last five years; three Weekender wins; and three times Big Balls champion!

Post by CBN »

Cars and Mané wrote: 10 Oct 2018, 10:24 I currently have Richarlison there and I know he isn't the long term answer.
A very interesting assertion from such an astute player. As a number nine he would have season-long keeper status for me.

Cars and Mané
Red & Blue Braces

Post by Cars and Mané »

Re Richarlison. I try to approximate what his ppg will be. If across a 38 game season he gets 15 goals, say 5 motm, 3 assists and we assume 16 bonus points then he'll end up on roughly 5.7 ppg. That would be just about acceptable at his price. I reckon those are probably a bit optimistic but open to debate. Maybe he'll have fewer goals and more bonus or assists or maybe I'm way off base and he'll get 20 goals.

Last season we were spoilt with Sterling, Salah, Silva and Ramsey who were all amazing value. This season there's no one at the moment other than obviously Hazard who I'd put into that bracket. I'd say there's no one up front who looks good value.

I'm really struggling with finding great value in midfield and attack. There's a couple who are 'just about acceptable' in my eyes.

I may end up keeping Richarlison due to lack of better options.

Interested in alternative views on any of this.

itslikebrandnew
Grumpy Old Man

Cars and Mané wrote: 10 Oct 2018, 11:05 Re Richarlison. I try to approximate what his ppg will be. If across a 38 game season he gets 15 goals, say 5 motm, 3 assists and we assume 16 bonus points then he'll end up on roughly 5.7 ppg. That would be just about acceptable at his price. I reckon those are probably a bit optimistic but open to debate. Maybe he'll have fewer goals and more bonus or assists or maybe I'm way off base and he'll get 20 goals.

Last season we were spoilt with Sterling, Salah, Silva and Ramsey who were all amazing value. This season there's no one at the moment other than obviously Hazard who I'd put into that bracket. I'd say there's no one up front who looks good value.

I'm really struggling with finding great value in midfield and attack. There's a couple who are 'just about acceptable' in my eyes.

I may end up keeping Richarlison due to lack of better options.

Interested in alternative views on any of this.
I would say the value will come from a new signing settling into the premier league. Someone like Schurrle / Anderson / Bernard / will soon start showing top form week after week.

Strikers the value comes from Mitrovic who has a brilliant scoring record this year.

Billy Stark
FISOhead

Post by Billy Stark »

Why the love in for the defenders?

I'm 4-4-2 and currently debating 3-5-2

Currently

Allison

Trippier
TAA
AWB
Bennett

Hazard
Mane
Maddison
Seri

Salah
Aguero

Debating TAA to Richarlison depending on whether he becomes a rotation issue.

The strikers are off to a slow start but it surely won't last? Having 4 premium offensive options just seems sensible to me (whether that's 4-4-2 or 4-3-3) with the daily captains. Once the goals start flowing the guys with alot of their money invested in the back 5 will surely be disadvantaged? If i had the overhaul again i doubt i'd move too much from that template.

Could have it all wrong, first year playing it seriously. Have usually forgot a few captains by now and chucked it :lol:

Cars and Mané
Red & Blue Braces

Post by Cars and Mané »

Billy Stark wrote: 10 Oct 2018, 12:28 Why the love in for the defenders?
Because that's where the value is. The Wolves defenders are priced as relegation battlers but they're a top half team. Then you have the Chelsea, City and Liverpool defenders who will get 15+ clean sheets plus regular bonus points.

Laporte will blow Richarlison out of the water.

Toffeeman
FISOhead
FS Record: 49th YTM 2008/2009, 63 TFC 2011,T3 SDT Nov Premium Monthly

Post by Toffeeman »

Nicely set up Simon. I think last year was the first year in the sky game where more value started to appear at the back from premium defenders, otamendi probably a good example.

Prior to last year imo 3-4-3 or 3-5-2 would 100% be the way to go with low value keeper/defenders.

Laporte, luiz and Robertson, tripper looking good value but so are the wolves assets at present.

Tricky call

Gary

Billy Stark
FISOhead

Post by Billy Stark »

Aye, i'm not seeing it as black and white either but i guess a case can be made for Seri > Doherty, use the spare cash to upgrade TAA/Trippier and play 5-3-2.

Personally i think i'll just stick with the current template and re-assess next overhaul. Doherty going through a purple patch, won't keep that up. Whilst i agree Wolves are top 10 materia, they will surely not be amongst the top sides keeping clean sheets plus their defenders rarely pick up bonus points. Seri himself has stopped doing so too but they have decent fixtures upcoming so hopefully see a change in fortunes.

Going 5-3-2 can still give you the 4 premium offensive players so more than one way to skin a cat.

Yorkshire Exile
Grumpy Old Man

Post by Yorkshire Exile »

I pretty happy with my team. On cusp of top 100.... Gonna start using transfers to hopefully get right at it.

Using the familiar faces as a benchmark to progress and I've been gaining gradually.....

Volatility around captain choices can see signifcant swings.... Next Saturday represents one of the trickiest calls....

Haz vs a leaky man u
Kane vs a leaky wham
Aggro vs a leaky Burnley.
Salah vs a leaky hudds

Could be crucial.... Almost wish I had vardy and mitrovic :lol:

Maldini
Dumbledore

Post by Maldini »

I’ll let you know who I pick from Aguero and Kane and go with the other one.

Art Vandelay
Grumpy Old Man
FS Record: not bad

Post by Art Vandelay »

If it was just picking a team for the season and leaving it alone I'd go 532 but with plenty of transfers isn't it a bit inflexible? I'm currently 442 so can swap Hazard to any forward or switch one of my forwards to any midfielder but 532 means you have to do like for like transfer every time.

Assuming you've got at least one cheap defender isn't paying around a million more for a comparable midfielder and going 442 worth it for the greater flexibility with transfers? Or am I overrating that? :?

itslikebrandnew
Grumpy Old Man

Yorkshire Exile wrote: 10 Oct 2018, 17:19 I pretty happy with my team. On cusp of top 100.... Gonna start using transfers to hopefully get right at it.

Using the familiar faces as a benchmark to progress and I've been gaining gradually.....

Volatility around captain choices can see signifcant swings.... Next Saturday represents one of the trickiest calls....

Haz vs a leaky man u
Kane vs a leaky wham
Aggro vs a leaky Burnley.
Salah vs a leaky hudds

Could be crucial.... Almost wish I had vardy and mitrovic :lol:
Mitrovic for me, Cardiff have the worst home defence in the division and only Hazard has scored more goals than Mitrovic this season. Also Mitrovic is on penalties and should get the full 90 mins . Vardy captain on Monday against Arsenal as Leicester have scored 6 goals against Arsenal in their last 2 games and Vardy has 3 of them.

My selections won't make sense to most but that's my case for them.

rodduz
FISOhead

Post by rodduz »

Week 11 will be:

Hazard
Richarlison
Lazazette (maybe)

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk

Cars and Mané
Red & Blue Braces

Post by Cars and Mané »

Art Vandelay wrote: 10 Oct 2018, 23:17 If it was just picking a team for the season and leaving it alone I'd go 532 but with plenty of transfers isn't it a bit inflexible? I'm currently 442 so can swap Hazard to any forward or switch one of my forwards to any midfielder but 532 means you have to do like for like transfer every time.

Assuming you've got at least one cheap defender isn't paying around a million more for a comparable midfielder and going 442 worth it for the greater flexibility with transfers? Or am I overrating that? :?
Just my personal take: I'd have agreed with you last season and I never had five at the back at any point. But this season I think the value disparity between defence and midfield is such that I'm willing to sacrifice the flexibility.

So far I think I can chop and change between two premium strikers well enough to catch the captains I want.

But who knows. Richarlison and Maddison will probably prove me wrong.

Yorkshire Exile
Grumpy Old Man

Post by Yorkshire Exile »

I believe Dec fixtures out tomorrow which will impact the who and formations preferred going forwards.

Navigating appropriate captains and getting a bit of luck with injuries and rotation during upcoming busy spell going to be key.

At the moment with live teams in sky, sun and tff all of which are different because of rules and games included I am never quite sure who precisely I want to do well....

Billy Stark
FISOhead

Post by Billy Stark »

We can all argue around formation but i suspect whether we are 5-3-2, 4-4-2, 4-3-3 or even 3-4-3, the core of our teams are similar.

The main thing to get right in this game is the captaincy and that will come from our core players in the main. Whether you have Seri or a Wolves defender, Laporte or Richarlison isn't as important as hitting the Kane/Aguero/Salah hat-tricks. Although the small differences may well end up deciding the overall winner, ensuring you have solid options with the armband seems the single most important issue.

Transfer usage too will mainly involve the premium players so i'm not going to concern myself too much with the enablers and just set and forget them til the next overhaul (unless injury or selection issues arise).

Wouldn't surprise me if most of the players in this thread were top 100 come season end using different formations

wandacatvenus
FISOhead
FS Record: 2017/18 - £5000 profit from Sky FF

Post by wandacatvenus »

Billy Stark wrote: 11 Oct 2018, 13:57 We can all argue around formation but i suspect whether we are 5-3-2, 4-4-2, 4-3-3 or even 3-4-3, the core of our teams are similar.

Transfer usage too will mainly involve the premium players so i'm not going to concern myself too much with the enablers and just set and forget them til the next overhaul (unless injury or selection issues arise).

Wouldn't surprise me if most of the players in this thread were top 100 come season end using different formations
MMM. Whilst I agree that 7/8 players in most Top teams will be the same, I can think of one person that does not apply to :D :D :D :D : :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

itslikebrandnew
Grumpy Old Man

wandacatvenus wrote: 11 Oct 2018, 19:34
Billy Stark wrote: 11 Oct 2018, 13:57 We can all argue around formation but i suspect whether we are 5-3-2, 4-4-2, 4-3-3 or even 3-4-3, the core of our teams are similar.

MMM. Whilst I agree that 7/8 players in most Top teams will be the same, I can think of one person that does not apply to :D :D :D :D : :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
Who ? :lol:

View Latest: 1 Day View Your posts

Return to “SkySports Fantasy Football”