To see less ads Register or Login ----- Daily Fantasy Sports games 18+

Multi accounts and collusion (possibly)

A Fantasy Football forum for news on fantasy football games run by The Sun newspaper.
byro65
Kevin and Perry

Re: At home with the Byroms

Post by byro65 »

Dot wrote: 24 Sep 2018, 15:49
thekaratekid wrote: 24 Sep 2018, 15:19
robot wrote: 24 Sep 2018, 09:39
Dot wrote: 23 Sep 2018, 23:30 50 teams without a Hazard :shock: :shock: :shock:
Everything yourself/ striker and others have said regarding cheating/ last year I agree with but with a quick glance at those teams not so sure I agree with the attack on byrom.

If all 5 members are genuine players and have a knowledge of the game, then no hazard in all 10 teams isn't beyond reasonable seeing as he was likely not to play the first weekend.

If I wanted to collude I think the teams would look more identical and far more different block approaches.

Lets pick 5 good players of here and post there initial teams and see what the combinations bring up.
How they started is not the biggest give away here. Its how how similar all the teams are NOW. And look at the players that have been brought in for ALL 5 accounts. They are REMARKABLY similar.
And what do you think of Michael Byroms re-named teams since your posts
You my friend should like them as YOU are the biggest (literally speaking ) one of all :lol: :lol:

Yorkshire Exile
Grumpy Old Man

Re: Multi accounts and collusion (possibly)

Post by Yorkshire Exile »

Dot wrote: 24 Sep 2018, 15:47 Yes you can. You subtract team value from salary cap
can you? where do you find this - is on the app?

question borne out of blind ignorance

Fishmonger
FS Record: 20th

Post by Fishmonger »

Sorry i'm a newbie here but have been reading this thread and felt the need to create an account to express my views..

Byrom's success in the sun game over the years is something we all strive for. He came 2nd in 2011 before coming joint 1st in the season before last, both of which were won on his account. Now think about this, if you were the son/wife/daughter/cousin/auntie of the messiah of dream team, would you not ask for advice & copy the players that he puts in? Yes there's no way to prove that he is or isn't running the other accounts, but the success he's had is unbelievable & i believe he should be credited rather than slated for his performance over the years.

Not entirely sure how many of you have had success in the past, with the exception of DOT last season. But i presume he'll be challenging again this year

Dot
FISO Jedi Knight

Post by Dot »

byro65 wrote: 24 Sep 2018, 15:55
Dot wrote: 24 Sep 2018, 15:49
thekaratekid wrote: 24 Sep 2018, 15:19
robot wrote: 24 Sep 2018, 09:39
Dot wrote: 23 Sep 2018, 23:30 50 teams without a Hazard :shock: :shock: :shock:
Everything yourself/ striker and others have said regarding cheating/ last year I agree with but with a quick glance at those teams not so sure I agree with the attack on byrom.

If all 5 members are genuine players and have a knowledge of the game, then no hazard in all 10 teams isn't beyond reasonable seeing as he was likely not to play the first weekend.

If I wanted to collude I think the teams would look more identical and far more different block approaches.

Lets pick 5 good players of here and post there initial teams and see what the combinations bring up.
How they started is not the biggest give away here. Its how how similar all the teams are NOW. And look at the players that have been brought in for ALL 5 accounts. They are REMARKABLY similar.
And what do you think of Michael Byroms re-named teams since your posts
You my friend should like them as YOU are the biggest (literally speaking ) one of all :lol: :lol:
Friend ?

I normally get called a chap.

McKenzie
Red & Blue Braces

Post by McKenzie »

How about the Sun brings back paid entries for the first 10 @ say £2 and then if you want another 10 make it £25

Dot
FISO Jedi Knight

Post by Dot »

Yorkshire Exile wrote: 24 Sep 2018, 16:01
Dot wrote: 24 Sep 2018, 15:47 Yes you can. You subtract team value from salary cap

Go on Fat Frank's finder. Get ur teams up, then look at the team value column. Let's suppose it says 53.1 million. Then look at the column alongside the salary cap and it says 53.2 mio then the difference is 0.1 mio so ur team value is 49.9 mio you have 0.1 in bank

Viola

Dot
FISO Jedi Knight

Post by Dot »

McKenzie wrote: 24 Sep 2018, 16:15 How about the Sun brings back paid entries for the first 10 @ say £2 and then if you want another 10 make it £25
What names will you be entering under McKenzie?

Shall I roll the dice and guess

Dot
FISO Jedi Knight

Post by Dot »

Fishmonger wrote: 24 Sep 2018, 16:07 Sorry i'm a newbie here but have been reading this thread and felt the need to create an account to express my views..

Byrom's success in the sun game over the years is something we all strive for. He came 2nd in 2011 before coming joint 1st in the season before last, both of which were won on his account. Now think about this, if you were the son/wife/daughter/cousin/auntie of the messiah of dream team, would you not ask for advice & copy the players that he puts in? Yes there's no way to prove that he is or isn't running the other accounts, but the success he's had is unbelievable & i believe he should be credited rather than slated for his performance over the years.

Not entirely sure how many of you have had success in the past, with the exception of DOT last season. But i presume he'll be challenging again this year
Rough start mate I doubt it. My son's teams are miles better.

Mind you at this stage last year I was 83 pts behind so not totally given up.

Got all me Jottings still, pc not for me

Yorkshire Exile
Grumpy Old Man

Post by Yorkshire Exile »

Dot wrote: 24 Sep 2018, 16:19

Go on Fat Frank's finder. Get ur teams up, then look at the team value column. Let's suppose it says 53.1 million. Then look at the column alongside the salary cap and it says 53.2 mio then the difference is 0.1 mio so ur team value is 49.9 mio you have 0.1 in bank

Viola
Cello

My question was how you do it without the tool

Dot
FISO Jedi Knight

Post by Dot »

Yorkshire Exile wrote: 24 Sep 2018, 16:32
Dot wrote: 24 Sep 2018, 16:19

Viola
Cello

My question was how you do it without the tool
An no sorry mate not a Scooby, perhaps Fat Frank can tell ya along with what colour pants ur wearing today.

I only know how to turn a gadget on, not my way around it.

robot
Dumbledore
FS Record: Winner tff world 2018 knockout 2nd TFF Euro 2012 Group Stage,tff weekly winner 13/14wk25, 14/15wk7&19,16/17wk2,,Winner tff champions league two foot challenge, winner sun Elite league 15/16,winner tff 17/18 chairmen league, week32 weekender joint 1st.

Post by robot »

The specifics of these arguments will go on forever, different rules/ more teams paid teams wont make any difference.

20 teams and someone will do 30.

As with many things in life there is line to be drawn somewhere and we all have different view points on where that line is.

Jpk/ fat frank do they cross the line/ does the whole principle of this forum cross the line if I read something on here and react to it.

If my wife decides the lottery is a waste of money and says I see you sometimes win I want to do the same ( she wont as no interest in football) she sets up teams and I shout across the room do liverpool blocks dont pick hazard etc am I controlling her team any more that dot advising me what to do on here. Probably not but where does that advice/ help cross the line in comparison to 4 family members asking byrom for advise/ guidence.

There is no answer to that question.

The james mayes of this world on the other hand are clearly cheating!

MADCHESTER UTD
Grumpy Old Man
FS Record: Won DT WC 2018
Won DT weekender wk 2 18/19
Won TFE 18/19

Post by MADCHESTER UTD »

Does anyone know why DT scrapped paid entries in the first place? Was it to stop the likes of Sandor entering hundreds of teams, was it to stop players developing gambling problems or was it to gain more hits on the site for advertising revenue🤔🤷🏽‍♂️

Dot
FISO Jedi Knight

Post by Dot »

MADCHESTER UTD wrote: 24 Sep 2018, 16:44 Does anyone know why DT scrapped paid entries in the first place? Was it to stop the likes of Sandor entering hundreds of teams, was it to stop players developing gambling problems or was it to gain more hits on the site for advertising revenue🤔🤷🏽‍♂️

No idea , I felt you had a much better chance of winning with i think around only 35,000 paid entries, although probably the cream in that.

No monthly is a choker and the weekender is basically a joke in present format.

Who even likes the game? U need practically the perfect 7.

They shud have stuck with a proper weekly of 11 players.

So many things to dislike about the game now as it dilutes gradually even with over a million entries.

I shudnt be whinging at all after last season but that's just my thoughts.

I even preferred the original weekender when a geezer with cap walked over the page to reveal your players. They even had a seasonal prize in that one where ur best team contributed to the season total.

My son's well miffed as he keeps reminding me he s leading that table, I've told him they ain't gonna give u a prize for it.

Some weeks I can't even be arsed to enter the weekender especially with Mayes name all over the early tables like a eff rash

MADCHESTER UTD
Grumpy Old Man
Won TFE 18/19

Post by MADCHESTER UTD »

👍 yeah my perfect DT season game would be;

11 a side weekender with a prize for the highest total score over the season

A pick n stick comp like they had 5 or 6 seasons ago🤗

Always a DT Europe game

A DT monthly comp

Though as you’ve said for a free game it’s hard to moan whatever the game is (and there is plenty of positives about DT that tend to not get mentioned much)

Giggs11
Grumpy Old Man
Location: But Gerrard effed it up,again!! Gerrard effed it up, again!!!

Post by Giggs11 »

The main thing that everybody always miss out on when these collusion arguments crop up is the amount of teams entered by the relations.
I can understand a wife getting involved to take on the hubby just to try and show him that she is better.
This would happen with one team, there's no way that she would enter ten teams because there wouldn't be much interest in the game per se, just a solitary go to beat the hubby.
The wives wouldn't read the rules, know the scoring, upcoming fixtures, who was in form etc etc etc.
So they would have no reason whatsoever for entering ten teams unless hubby was running them for her.
It's eye opening how many regular sun contributors haven't posted anything on this thread and it is probably because they all do it and have been for years.

robot
Dumbledore
FS Record: Winner tff world 2018 knockout 2nd TFF Euro 2012 Group Stage,tff weekly winner 13/14wk25, 14/15wk7&19,16/17wk2,,Winner tff champions league two foot challenge, winner sun Elite league 15/16,winner tff 17/18 chairmen league, week32 weekender joint 1st.

Post by robot »

Most wifes yes giggs but how do you determine the difference between vague intetest and a woman that actually plays the game to the standard of most on here.
If the wife is a genuine football fan and the husband wins big, she may then play with a real intetest/ read the rules etc.
Unless there is an entry pattern and obvious cheating how can the sun tell the difference between genuine wife an second account.

jpk
Dumbledore

Post by jpk »

I wanna know when dot is going to send me my cut

Toffeeman
FISOhead
FS Record: 49th YTM 2008/2009, 63 TFC 2011,T3 SDT Nov Premium Monthly

Re: Top 100

Post by Toffeeman »

byro65 wrote: 23 Sep 2018, 21:00
Toffeeman wrote: 23 Sep 2018, 20:57 Touched a nerve did I :D

I thought you didn't agree with personal insults?
Youv'e no need to think anything your'e irrelevant
O dear, surely that can't be your picture in the sun ? As I assumed from your response that you are about 14.

Dot
FISO Jedi Knight

Post by Dot »

jpk wrote: 24 Sep 2018, 18:55 I wanna know when dot is going to send me my cut
I did invite you to a free dayer to watch the WC but you were a no show.

I'll have to arrange a meet with you and Fat Frank
For a meeting of intellectual minds :shock:

I'll.buy the beers you two can do the talking.

Might have to invite the karate kid along too

Shud be a fun nite
Last edited by Dot on 24 Sep 2018, 19:10, edited 1 time in total.

sparx14
Red & Blue Braces
FS Record: 2nd sky sports 08-09, 1st sky sports dec13 monthly

Post by sparx14 »

robot wrote: 24 Sep 2018, 09:39 Everything yourself/ striker and others have said regarding cheating/ last year I agree with but with a quick glance at those teams not so sure I agree with the attack on byrom.
Perhaps the question isn't are all 5 sets of teams being managed by 1 manager or not. Analysis of this question appears to give very vague results, and for me I'd agree with Robot that there isn't really anything obvious here to suggest any wrong doing. But with the data being so vague I don't really have any decent evidence to convince anyone else of my opinion.

If you go through just comparing each set of 10 teams vs another set of 10 teams you might arrive at a different conclusion. It also opens the possibility that there are >1 but < 5 managers involved with the 5 sets of teams.

McMahonLFC
Cheetah

Post by McMahonLFC »

Giggs11 wrote: 24 Sep 2018, 18:41 The main thing that everybody always miss out on when these collusion arguments crop up is the amount of teams entered by the relations.
I can understand a wife getting involved to take on the hubby just to try and show him that she is better.
This would happen with one team, there's no way that she would enter ten teams because there wouldn't be much interest in the game per se, just a solitary go to beat the hubby.
The wives wouldn't read the rules, know the scoring, upcoming fixtures, who was in form etc etc etc.
So they would have no reason whatsoever for entering ten teams unless hubby was running them for her.
It's eye opening how many regular sun contributors haven't posted anything on this thread and it is probably because they all do it and have been for years.
How very sexist of you 😂🤦‍♂️

Tacalabala
FISO Knight

Post by Tacalabala »

robot wrote: 24 Sep 2018, 18:48 Unless there is an entry pattern and obvious cheating how can the sun tell the difference between genuine wife an second account.
Transfers taking place from the same device at the same time, week in week out for months on end is the only proof of coordination.

Zimmerman
FISO Jedi Knight

Post by Zimmerman »

And even then it’s arguable.

We live in the same house.
We make a point of doing or transfers straight after Corrie has finished to make sure we don’t forget. We’re always busy on Friday nights at the Con club and Saturday mornings are for the farmers market food shopping.

jpk
Dumbledore

Post by jpk »

You’re living the dream Zimm

ffstuff
Grumpy Old Man

Post by ffstuff »

summer is over wrote: 24 Sep 2018, 14:31 It's strange how everyone is picking on the Byroms

Let's be honest - JPK has been breaching/hacking? the sun's database for years and now ffstuff is going the extra mile, yet nobody ever complains about this cheating and infringement of another companies website because you benefit from it.

For all we know - JPK could have found out what the Quigley's transfers were last season before they were made (I'm sure he'll claim this isn't possible) and then he could have fed that information to his friend Mark Lawlor AKA dot who won the game, who knows what kind of other information is being fed amongst the inner circle of friends on here?

Hope the moderators don't delete this post because it's a fair comment and people are free to reply.
Hello Sir,

Just to confirm Frankie does not "hack" or "breach" any Sun database.
When you are on the website and click on someones team on the leaderboard to view it, that is what the Frankie tool does.
The dreamteam website does not publish on the web page all the information it receives back from the server, but my tool does. if the sun does not want users to see that data (i.e. team creation time) they can easily remove it from the return of their calls and I could not publish it

Relax...

Frank

Dot
FISO Jedi Knight

Post by Dot »

Zimmerman wrote: 24 Sep 2018, 19:22 And even then it’s arguable.

We live in the same house.
We make a point of doing or transfers straight after Babestation has finished to make sure we don’t forget. We’re always busy on Friday nights dogging and Saturday mornings are swinging with the farmers down the road before food shopping.
What a life, who you talking about you've roused my curiosity big-time.

Dot
FISO Jedi Knight

Post by Dot »

ffstuff wrote: 24 Sep 2018, 19:26
summer is over wrote: 24 Sep 2018, 14:31 It's strange how everyone is picking on the Byroms

Let's be honest - JPK has been breaching/hacking? the sun's database for years and now ffstuff is going the extra mile, yet nobody ever complains about this cheating and infringement of another companies website because you benefit from it.

For all we know - JPK could have found out what the Quigley's transfers were last season before they were made (I'm sure he'll claim this isn't possible) and then he could have fed that information to his friend Mark Lawlor AKA dot who won the game, who knows what kind of other information is being fed amongst the inner circle of friends on here?

Hope the moderators don't delete this post because it's a fair comment and people are free to reply.
Hello Sir,

Just to confirm Frankie does not "hack" or "breach" any Sun database.
When you are on the website and click on someones team on the leaderboard to view it, that is what the Frankie tool does.
The dreamteam website does not publish on the web page all the information it receives back from the server, but my tool does. if the sun does not want users to see that data (i.e. team creation time) they can easily remove it from the return of their calls and I could not publish it

Relax...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0vb5zwLbwds

Frank
I believe you Frank

:lol: :lol:

MADCHESTER UTD
Grumpy Old Man
Won TFE 18/19

Post by MADCHESTER UTD »

Having unlimited free teams is the answer😎 It just means you’ll have to beat 43,563,869 teams to win the big one💪

Vid
Head Moderator
FS Record: winning is a distant memory

Post by Vid »

Dot wrote: 24 Sep 2018, 19:09
I'll have to arrange a meet with you and Fat Frank
For a meeting of intellectual minds :shock:
Whilst you stand at the bar?

Vid
Head Moderator
FS Record: winning is a distant memory

Post by Vid »

BTW - Rob (pick a number) has assured me that he is not 'summer is over'

View Latest: 1 Day View Your posts

Return to “The Sun Dream Team FF Games”