To see less ads Register or Login ----- Daily Fantasy Sports games 18+

Multi accounts and collusion (possibly)

A Fantasy Football forum for news on fantasy football games run by The Sun newspaper.
thekaratekid
Kevin and Perry

Multi accounts and collusion (possibly)

Post by thekaratekid »

Thanks again for this amazing resource FF.

Absolutely incredible what you view now with so much ease. Looking at all the top players teams so easily it almost seems like cheating.

And speaking of cheating the surname search really shows up some of the more blatant cheats.

Unfortunately two or three of them have already won big money by cheating in the last few years (and no im not talking about you Dot).

Im talking about those who have entered 30,40,50.60 teams in their family names for at least the last three years.

They know who they are and have all been on here over the years. A couple of them have toned it down a bit this year (the two who the Sun probably spoke to but paid out last year). But the other one is still as blatant as ever. And judging by the make up of HIS 50 teams HE isn't even remotely trying to hide it.

And to be fair there are clearly lots who are doing it.

Cheats obviously do prosper.

MrTomRipley
Grumpy Old Man
FS Record: "Success is stumbling from failure to failure with no loss of enthusiasm"

Re: Top 100

Post by MrTomRipley »

thekaratekid wrote: 22 Sep 2018, 21:51 Thanks again for this amazing resource FF.

Absolutely incredible what you view now with so much ease. Looking at all the top players teams so easily it almost seems like cheating.

And speaking of cheating the surname search really shows up some of the more blatant cheats.

Unfortunately two or three of them have already won big money by cheating in the last few years (and no im not talking about you Dot).

Im talking about those who have entered 30,40,50.60 teams in their family names for at least the last three years.

They know who they are and have all been on here over the years. A couple of them have toned it down a bit this year (the two who the Sun probably spoke to but paid out last year). But the other one is still as blatant as ever. And judging by the make up of HIS 50 teams HE isn't even remotely trying to hide it.

First post.

Dot
FISO Jedi Knight

Post by Dot »

thekaratekid wrote: 22 Sep 2018, 21:51 Thanks again for this amazing resource FF.

And I do know who your talking about :|

McKenzie
Red & Blue Braces

Post by McKenzie »

Pretty sure M Byrom is on this forum ? come out and defend yourself from the Karate Kid :D

sparx14
Red & Blue Braces
FS Record: 2nd sky sports 08-09, 1st sky sports dec13 monthly

Post by sparx14 »

McKenzie wrote: 22 Sep 2018, 22:33 Pretty sure M Byrom is on this forum ? come out and defend yourself from the Karate Kid :D
Team name for lily is now "this is my wife" and "the wife". No feature yet to see if these were always the names... Or if this is an original way to respond to your allegations 😎

McKenzie
Red & Blue Braces

Post by McKenzie »

I haven't made any allegations.

thekaratekid
Kevin and Perry

Post by thekaratekid »

Its true. He hasn't made an allegations. And neither did i.

But its pretty telling that without mentioning names everyone straight away zeroed in on Michael Byrom.

The fact is that he is cheating. The make up of the teams of all his five family members are mirrors of each other with barely any tweaks. They're so blatantly similar its beyond certain that he is the brains behind all the teams.

McMahonLFC
Cheetah

Post by McMahonLFC »

Pretty sure mick doesn’t need to cheat and i know for a fact he doesn’t run those other accounts, sounds to me more like you are jealous.
Last edited by Zimmerman on 23 Sep 2018, 18:00, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Personal abuse removed

thekaratekid
Kevin and Perry

Post by thekaratekid »

Its this kind of thing that makes people sick. They're not only cheating they are rubbing peoples noses in it. And the Sun encourage it.

https://www.thesun.co.uk/sport/1597027/ ... turn-next/

“There is definitely some rivalry on match days. Mick can’t stand it if I get points when he doesn’t.”

What a load of rubbish.

thekaratekid
Kevin and Perry

Post by thekaratekid »

Truth be told i probably will never win one of the big prizes. And for sure Mr Byrom is a very good fantasy manager (definitely better than me id say).

But its not right that he and many others are managing 50 odd teams when the limit is 10.

Mcmahon is clearly linked with him and his view is clearly worthless. No honest or intelligent person would look at the those teams and just as importantly the history of his "Wife" winning big money with "her" teams and think that he wasn't managing all of them.

McMahonLFC
Cheetah

Post by McMahonLFC »

😂😂😂 mick is living rent free in your head karate kid 😂😂😂
Why couldn’t his wife win aswel? Can only men do well at fantasy football? Like I said you seem very jealous maybe you should concentrate on your own teams instead of others then you might improve 👍

McKenzie
Red & Blue Braces

Post by McKenzie »

Like I said, M Byrom is definitely a poster on this forum, he should come out and defend himself imo

Backlash
Dumbledore

Post by Backlash »

Well the Backlash family are clear 😎

Loving your work Frank, give regards to Pat.

byro65
Kevin and Perry

Post by byro65 »

Hello Karate Kid , Wasn't 100% certain that your post is referring to my good self but as that Payne chap and McKenzie mention my name in later comments then i assume you actually are referring to me.

Well i've absolutely nothing to explain or defend to you chaps , All 4 of the other accounts are played legitimately by the said people , of course they going to have a go at the game in which i've had so much success over recent times , i mean why wouldn't they . What is so odd about my fellow family members playing the game, and as for the make up of the 50 teams looking similar i really wouldn't know , but its obvious that many teams will feature the same stellar must have players ,would they not ?

Of course i've had endless chats with Jayne or my lads discussing teams and strategy and giving advice (wish i'd a pound for every hour spent chatting ,then again i probably have ) but ultimately its their teams and they make their own decisions . Adam has had his own fair degree of success coming second in latecomers league and winning a 5k Dan Cox cash league in 2017, largely went un-noticed due to my overall success the same year.

On a deadly serious note guys ,i do take great exception to being labelled a blatant cheat (i well and truly don't need to ,trust me), i manage my own 10 teams only and that is fact , i also don't appreciate any of my family members being abused personally on here ,if these accusations or/and insulting and derogatory comments persist then things could get really unpleasant.

Good luck for the rest of the season chaps.

Dot
FISO Jedi Knight

Post by Dot »

McKenzie wrote: 23 Sep 2018, 18:11 Like I said, M Byrom is definitely a poster on this forum, he should come out and defend himself imo
You seem to know alot of posters McKenzie....

gutshot
Grumpy Old Man
FS Record: Solid

Post by gutshot »

Backlash wrote: 23 Sep 2018, 18:35 Well the Backlash family are clear 😎

Loving your work Frank, give regards to Pat.
:lol:

McKenzie
Red & Blue Braces

Post by McKenzie »

Remember when Frank was naked with a spinning bow tie and grinning face with his pearly whites on full display, I've been traumatised ever since.

Dot
FISO Jedi Knight

Post by Dot »

McKenzie wrote: 23 Sep 2018, 19:30 Remember when Frank was naked with a spinning bow tie and grinning face with his pearly whites on full display, I've been traumatised ever since.
Are u Pat Butcher then or just a lookalike?

Toffeeman
FISOhead
FS Record: 49th YTM 2008/2009, 63 TFC 2011,T3 SDT Nov Premium Monthly

Post by Toffeeman »

Don't you just love the old line - of course I give them advice, we talk about it, blah, blah, blah

Sure there will be varying opinions but for me I know which side off the fence I'm on. Just keep convincing yourself :shock:

byro65
Kevin and Perry

Post by byro65 »

Toffeeman wrote: 23 Sep 2018, 20:43 Don't you just love the old line - of course I give them advice, we talk about it, blah, blah, blah

Sure there will be varying opinions but for me I know which side off the fence I'm on. Just keep convincing yourself :shock
Ok we never speak to each other blah blah blah and personally i don't give a flying hoot which side of the fence your'e on, now jog on loser.

Toffeeman
FISOhead
FS Record: 49th YTM 2008/2009, 63 TFC 2011,T3 SDT Nov Premium Monthly

Post by Toffeeman »

Touched a nerve did I :D

I thought you didn't agree with personal insults?

byro65
Kevin and Perry

Post by byro65 »

Toffeeman wrote: 23 Sep 2018, 20:57 Touched a nerve did I :D

I thought you didn't agree with personal insults?
Youv'e no need to think anything your'e irrelevant

McKenzie
Red & Blue Braces

At home with the Byroms

Post by McKenzie »

make of that what you will, the original teams of the 5 Byroms

Liverpool blocks, Sigurdssons, Richarlisons, Sanchez's, Jota's, Neves's were quite popular at the Byroms :D

Biddles32
Grumpy Old Man
FS Record: 2020/21 national finishing positions:

Sun dreamteam - 17th

SKy sports - 865th

TFF - 46th

Fanteam - 489th

Fanteam euros - TBC

Sun dream team euros - probable winner 😬

Re: At home with the Byroms

Post by Biddles32 »

Like his style 😂

thekaratekid
Kevin and Perry

Post by thekaratekid »

Theres no need to get personal. Lets keep it on topic.

And on topic its far beyond belief what Byro says.

All 50 teams across 5 "separately managed accounts" are close to identical.

You ALL agree on Ederson, Hart, Kepa and agree on no Allison.

You ALL agree on defensive coverage

You ALL agree on Mane

You ALL agree on NOT having Hazard

You ALL agree on the other two Chelsea mids

You ALL agree on close to the exact number of Mouras

You ALL agree on close to the exact number of B.Silvas

You ALL agree on close to the same number of Kanes

You ALL agree on a Arsenal forward coverage.

The odds of these teams being as exact without collusion or being managed by just one MAN are beyond astronomical.

You claim you don't know who are in the teams of the other 4 players but how can that be true? Otherwise you wouldnt be able to have the "rivalry on match days" with your Wife. "Mick can’t stand it if I get points when he doesn’t.”

And youve shown that you do actually need to enter teams in extra family members names otherwise you wouldnt have got the extra money from your Wifes win or from your sons late comers win.

Not trying to be personal. Lots of people are breaking the rules clearly. But the problem that people seem to have with you (and the other two from last year) is that with 50 you are just taking the mickey.

You are a great fantasy player but 50 teams does give you extra chances. And you know it. Otherwise you wouldnt keep entering 50 every year and getting the benefit from it.

ffstuff
Grumpy Old Man

Post by ffstuff »

record page hit on the Family Ties page of 79 views for one name

/FamilyTies.php?userid=BYROM

:D

Dot
FISO Jedi Knight

Post by Dot »

50 teams without a Hazard :shock: :shock: :shock:

McKenzie
Red & Blue Braces

Post by McKenzie »

Stand back lads, my sources tell me Jayne will be along shortly and she's not happy

Stigtag1
Red & Blue Braces

Post by Stigtag1 »

The way the team names are picked is also a giveaway imo, bottom 4 teams are so similar in style.

If I asked 4 people to enter 10 team names, the way they would pick them would be totally unique.

sparx14
Red & Blue Braces
FS Record: 2nd sky sports 08-09, 1st sky sports dec13 monthly

Post by sparx14 »

I don't see anything obvious in the player selections which suggests it is a one person or syndicate effort. Yes all 5 have picked from the same pool of players, but that is very much like someone on Fiso saying these are the top 20 must have players and then lots of fisoers making teams from them.

If I was going to have done 50 teams I would probably have had one person enter all the united blocks, one person all the Liverpool blocks, one person all the liv/city semi etc. But here it looks pretty random which player has entered what. [Although next season now I know about Frank's tool I would try and be more discrete... ]

The best approach would be for the sun to outright ban this kind of situation in the first place.

It sounds unfair when there are genuinely 5 different people playing, but for example online poker sites would not permit 5 people in the same household to play at the same table. Online betting sites generally only allow one sign up per household/ip address/device. Then they have other checks in the back ground to identify other collusion by people who don't live together.

The other approach would be to scrap the rule about multi entrants. Instead keep the rule simple, that there is one account allowed per person, ID is required when they create their account to ensure one account per user, and if they win payment is sent to a bank account in their name. If people want to work together they can, but it will mean splitting the winnings and a high level of trust to those in your syndicate.

Back to whether the byroms are one of many people, given the teams player choices seem independent,the only other check would be to look at devices used and times of transfers. All teams making transfers on the same mobile device would indicate, but not 100% conclusive, that one person is managing them all. Similarly if transfers are being made around the same time, but one account after another, would indicate one person managing the teams, but again not prove it.

View Latest: 1 Day View Your posts

Return to “The Sun Dream Team FF Games”