To see less ads Register or Login ----- Daily Fantasy Sports games 18+

Premier League Press Conferences and Twitter 2018/19

A Fantasy Football forum for news on fantasy football games run by the Premierleague (FPL).
Finisher1
Dumbledore

Re: Premier League Press Conferences and Twitter 2018/19

Post by Finisher1 »

Striker wrote: 15 Sep 2018, 11:06 Good read. Thanks. What's BD?
It's Ben Dinnery.

While I appreciate New Way Jose's effort very highly, I also think Ben Dinnery puts out an absolutely massive effort week in week out, and he deserves at least a proper source stating. Not nearly everyone knows what "BD" means.

So please type your source like this: "Source: www.twitter.com/bendinnery"

That way you help people here even more, because they are able to find his twitter feed and read news directly from there on Thursday and Friday :)

Fantasist
Grumpy Old Man

Post by Fantasist »

Agreed, and thanks Ben. I have only seen his page this season and he does put out some great info.

But I don't think it's all from him.

No Way Jose
Grumpy Old Man
FS Record: Fluked first season

Post by No Way Jose »

Apologies. Assumed he’d been credited enough in here for BD to be obvious. It’s taken directly from rotoworld a site that I stumbled upon somehow

Finisher1
Dumbledore

Post by Finisher1 »

No Way Jose wrote: 15 Sep 2018, 11:48 Apologies. Assumed he’d been credited enough in here for BD to be obvious. It’s taken directly from rotoworld a site that I stumbled upon somehow
Thank you for this information, so it's directly copypasted from this page:

http://rotoworld.com/articles/bpl/82148 ... -check-gw5

TheBigLewandowski
Grumpy Old Man
FS Record: OR 1,259 2016/17

Post by TheBigLewandowski »

As expected, Diogo Dalot completed 90 minutes for the U23s against Reading on Friday evening, but Marcos Rojo's night was cut short after he picked up another injury before the hour mark.

Liverpool skipper makes way as Klopp eyes the UCL tie v PSG: "I don't think it makes sense in the moment to play him. We're still adapting to the intensity, Hendo needs his full physical strength. I'm sure he'll have that today when he comes on and on Tuesday as well."

(Dinnery)

TheBigLewandowski
Grumpy Old Man

United on the absence of Luke Shaw: "He could from the medical point of view play, but he didn't work with us all week. We felt that Luke not playing today was the best thing for the team and then he can come back without any kind of limitation next Wednesday."

Sane to PL TV: "A fantastic week - I became a daddy! It was also a good game, we won and we played a good game. I'm relaxed at the moment, I train hard and when the manager gives me an opportunity I show him what I can do. The next game on Wednesday is a really important.”

Zaha wants protection: "I feel like I'd have to get my leg broken for anyone to get a card. Why am I getting different treatment from other players? It is every week. I have tried to speak to the referees. there's nothing I can do any more. It is hard."

Pep confirms Aguero was replaced due to a problem with his ankle which his picked up in the first-half. Tried to play-on, but didn't want to take any risks ahead of the UCL game on Wednesday. To be assessed.

Rafa says Shelvey and Kenedy weren't fully fit, the reason why they were named on the bench. Yedlin and Rondon returned late from international duty and he couldn't risk both players from the start.

Hazard: "Olivier Giroud is a target man - he is probably the best in the world - he is a pleasure to play with."

Sarri on the Kovacic injury: "I've spoken with the doctor and he has said it's nothing serious."

Eden Hazard: "I'm fresh. I took three weeks off after the World Cup and I started pre-season a bit later but I'm good when I'm playing football. I always try to give everything on the pitch. It's a pleasure to play at the moment."

Ramsey problem could be fatigue related: "He played with the national team too much," said Emery. "Today he played 80 minutes and he asked to change. I don’t think it was not a big problem, but he was tired."

Puel: "The sending off was harsh on Wes Morgan. I will not always agree with the decision. The penalty we conceded too was difficult. We have to correct our problems and not just look at decisions."

Firmino could still feature against PSG on Tuesday after he was cleared of serious injury. The Brazilian was discharged from hospital this afternoon following an assessment which revealed a minor scrape on his eye.

(Dinnery)

Budhabhoy
Treebeard

Post by Budhabhoy »

no updates :o

murf
FISO Viscount
FS Record: Once led TFF. Very briefly.

Post by murf »

Budhabhoy wrote:no updates :o
No news is good news.

EVERYBODY is fit.

OK, slight exaggeration, we are not sure about Del Horno.

Budhabhoy
Treebeard

Post by Budhabhoy »

murf wrote: 21 Sep 2018, 20:32
No news is good news.

EVERYBODY is fit.

Pedro?

dellboy30
Grumpy Old Man
FS Record: FISO TFFE league champ

Post by dellboy30 »

Ben Dinnery http://www.rotoworld.com/articles/bpl/8 ... -check-gw6

Fulham – vs – Watford

Slavisa Jokanovic vows to continue his attacking approach despite conceding 12-goals already this term, the most in the top-flight. “People criticise other coaches because they are so defensive to try to win the game. In our case, people ask if we can be more pragmatic. For me, being pragmatic is to be more brave and to choose the best way to win the game.” Tom Cairney and Neeskens Kebano are still recovering from respective ankle injuries. Defender Tim Ream will also miss out, but he has started working with the squad. “Which is great news for the team and supporters."

Deulofeu is edging closer to making his first appearance of the campaign. Foot [and groin] problem(s) have kept the winger out of the matchday squad so far, however... "Gerard is training, but not with the team. I think after one test [on Saturday], we'll see if it is possible [that he can rejoin the group] next week." He may even be considered for the Carabao Cup on Wednesday. Tom Cleverly [Achilles] is the only other confirmed absentee as he battles his way back from surgery.

Burnley – vs – AFC Bournemouth

Sean Dyche says Burnley have "gone full circle” in a very short time following a disappointing start to the season. The Clarets are back to being underdogs as they target their first win of the Premier League campaign. Steven Defour and Robbie Brady played in a behind-closed-doors game this week, but neither is ready to be involved with the first team, however, they are getting closer to a return. Centre-back Ben Gibson is expected to be side-lined for a "few weeks" after successfully undergoing a hernia operation.

Generally, the Cherries are in pretty good shape, but Eddie Howe admitted there are a one or two concerns. "Charlie Daniels [knee] is still a doubt and Kyle Taylor looks like he’s picked up a calf problem." Stanislas 'could' feature after playing his first minutes of the season for U21s on Tuesday. "I’m really pleased for Junior," the Bournemouth boss said. "He’s had a long time out of action, but it didn’t look like that. He did well [but] you'll have to wait and see what if he features."

Cardiff City – vs – Manchester City

Neil Warnock confirms there are “two or three lads we’ll have to make decisions on” due to little niggles and a “bit of a virus” which has spread through the Cardiff camp this week. Nathaniel Mendez-Laing [PCL knee injury] remains out long-term while Josh Murphy [hamstring] will face a late fitness test. Harry Arter is over the bout of sickness which forced him off at half-time during the loss to Chelsea. The Bluebirds boss reveals Gunnarsson has suffered a setback in his recovery from an ongoing knee problem. "Aron picked up another knock in midweek. We’ll have to wait, I don’t know the extent."

Benjamin Mendy has been ruled out again. Initially reported as a knee problem, Pep now states that the full-back has a foot injury – or more specifically a bruised metatarsal - which could keep Mendy out for days, weeks or even longer. The problem is believed to be minor, and if true, I’d expect him to be playing again before the international break. Guardiola was reluctant to put a time frame on the return of Kevin de Bruyne despite the player himself advising that he is targeting the Manchester Derby in November. "The doctor says he’s doing so well, doing good, but we have to see how he reacts on the training pitch.” Danilo and Claudio Bravo are ruled out while Philippe Sandler has stepped up his recovery from knee surgery.

Crystal Palace – vs – Newcastle United

Roy Hodgson says there are no fresh injury concerns, and apart from Christian Benteke [knee], the Eagles have a clean bill of health. However, that’s not entirely true as Scott Dann and Connor Wickham remain out with knee and calf injuries respectively. Pape Souaré [muscular] has been training with the group.

Florian Lejeune [ACL knee] is the only confirmed injury absentee for Newcastle who travel to Selhurst Park on Saturday. Jamaal Lascelles [twisted ankle] missed sessions earlier in the week, but he is training again and will be fine. Jonjo Shelvey is hoping for his first start in over a month after overcoming a thigh injury. “It was a big risk to play him [vs Arsenal] he would give everything - and maybe that would be more dangerous because he could be injured for a long time.” Salomon Rondon had to settle for a place on the bench last weekend following his late return from international duty, but he is back in contention.

Leicester City – vs – Huddersfield Town

Claude Puel must consider his options at centre-back after Wes Morgan was sent-off against Bournemouth. "They [Çağlar Söyüncü and Jonny Evans] are both match fit [and] I will make a decision. I am happy with the work from both. Jonny deserves to play, he is a very experienced player." The Leicester boss could also drop Maguire who looked jaded at the Vitality Stadium. "Harry has played a lot of games, but I will analyse it," he said. “If I rest him for this game and we lose, I know I will be criticised." Matty James [Achilles] is recovering from surgery. “We have patience. We want him to come back with a smile."

“Everyone is healthy apart from Ramadan Sobhi,” revealed David Wagner. “We have the hope that shortly before the international break he will be back in team training." Kongolo has been working with the group after shaking off a minor knock. Erik Durm is "ready" to be called upon if required. The German defender picked up a minor back problem on the eve of last weekend's game and missed out altogether. "He’s shown the quality he has and he’s in full contention.” Jonathan Hogg returns following his recent ban. "He’s one of our leaders. It’s important he’s back in our group. He will help us for sure tomorrow, but for how long we will see."

Liverpool – vs – Southampton

Saturday comes too soon for Dejan Lovren, but the centre-back is "close" to a return. He worked on grass this week and looks “really fit” said Klopp. Dominic Solanke trained for the first time on Friday having suffered concussion while playing for the development side, but Divock Origi is still feeling the aftereffects of his ankle injury and he won’t rejoin the team until Sunday. Adam Lallana [groin] is getting closer and closer. “He is not too far away from the team for sure." Roberto Firmino is fit and ready to start the game and Klopp hinted that the Brazilian could play alongside Daniel Sturridge as some point. The Liverpool manager is not concerned by Mo Salah’s lack of goals. "It’s completely normal for an offensive player that you have times when you’re not scoring. He’s in a good shape. Finishing is something you never can take for granted."

Mark Hughes reveals the Saints have a “couple of issues" ahead of Saturdays game. "Our main concern is Manolo [Gabbiadini], who unfortunately pulled up in training. It looks like he has an issue with his lower hamstring behind the knee; we think it might be a neural thing. We’ll check in the morning to see if it’s settled down.” Danny Ings sits this one out due to the terms of his loan agreement.

Manchester United – vs – Wolverhampton Wanderers

Diogo Dalot won't be involved this weekend, instead Mourinho will keep the youngster fresh for the Carabao Cup tie on Tuesday evening. "It’s difficult enough for a 19-year-old kid to come from another country to play for United, without accumulation of matches." Marcus Rashford and Nemanja Matic are both serving domestic bans. Phil Jones has recovered from a hamstring strain but Chris Smalling and Victor Lindelof are expected to retain their places. “The team is more compact and solid. Communication has improved. Good results bring confidence." Ander Herrera [ankle] and Marcos Rojo are both ruled out.

Nuno Espírito Santo has no fresh injury worries to contend with as the Portuguese boss goes up against a familiar advisory. The Wolves boss was part of the Porto squad that Mourinho led to Champions League glory in 2004. Adama Traore is pushing for a start, but the newly promoted side have been unchanged all season, and with back-to-back wins it seems likely that it will stay that way at Old Trafford. Loan signing - Leander Dendoncker – is yet to make the matchday squad, and unless there are any late withdrawals, the Belgium international will probably be omitted from the 18 again. Ivan Cavaleiro is still struggling due to a persistent back complaint.

Brighton and Hove Albion – vs – Tottenham Hotspur

The Seagulls came from two goals down to grab a draw at St Mary’s on Monday night and will fancy their chances against a Tottenham side lacking in confidence. The only player currently ruled out is Pascal Gross – ankle – but there are a couple of doubts. "Andone and Izquierdo are ones we'll have to make decision. Neither have had first team minutes aside from friendlies but they're in good shape at the moment."

Moussa Sissoko and Dele Alli [both hamstring] are back in full training, but Pochettino will leave a decision on their involvement until the last moment. Hugo Lloris continues his rehabilitation from the thigh injury he suffered prior to the international break. "We hope [he will be playing] as soon as possible, but we think next week, if everything goes to plan in training." Toby Alderweireld and Kieran Trippier will return to the matchday squad after they missed the midweek trip to Inter Milan due to "technical reasons".

West Ham United – vs – Chelsea

Marko Arnautovic was replaced at Everton because of a problem with his knee and Pellegrini will wait and see if his in-form striker is fit for Sunday. “He played well, and we hope he will recover." Javier Hernandez is still sick, and Wilshere has a problem with his ankle which could keep him out for around 6 weeks. "The doctor can say more about Jack. He has a screw in his ankle from his last surgery years ago." Manuel Lanzini, Winston Reid and Andy Carroll are long-term. Yarmolenko is looking to add to his two-goal haul at Goodison Park. “I said before that it would take him a few weeks to get used to the Premier League. He has a lot of quality and he demonstrated that. This performance showed he is a top player,” beamed Pellegrini.

Pedro was injured in Greece on Thursday and the winger faces a late fitness test. "The problem is [his] shoulder, but I don't know exactly the situation,” said Sarri following the 1-0 win. “The doctor told me that probably it's not a very serious injury." Real Madrid loanee Mateo Kovacic should be available despite limping off during the win over Cardiff City. His thigh injury – a dead leg - is "nothing serious." Cesc Fabregas [knee] was handed valuable minutes vs POAK while Ruben Loftus-Cheek [shin] was named in the matchday squad.

Arsenal – vs – Everton

There’s not a great deal of change in the Gunners treatment room. Sead Kolasinac is progressing well and aiming for a return to play by mid-October. Ainsley Maitland-Niles [fractured fibula] is working on a similar timeline. Carl Jenkinson [ankle] won't return until November and Laurent Koscielny [Achilles] should be back with the group in around 6-8 weeks. Henrikh Mkhitaryan played 90 minutes against Vorskla in the Europa League on Thursday, but he sustained a right ankle injury and needs to be assessed. Similarly, Lucas Torreira, who was seen icing his right knee following his withdrawal on the hour mark. "He got two hits on his leg. I hope tomorrow and Saturday he is good to be OK for Sunday."

On the Everton injury front - Phil Jagielka [knee], Andre Gomes [hamstring] and Seamus Coleman [foot] remain out but Richarlison is back from suspension. Michael Keane [fractured skull] has started training with the first-team. "I want all of them in a good condition to have more competition and be stronger in the training ground," said Marco Silva. Summer signing Yerry Mina has been working all week with the squad, but the Everton boss wouldn't be drawn on whether the Colombian would finally make his debut. "He is getting better every day," having been side-lined through injury since his arrival.
Last edited by Vid on 22 Sep 2018, 12:37, edited 1 time in total.

Budhabhoy
Treebeard

Post by Budhabhoy »

perfect

Vid
Head Moderator
FS Record: winning is a distant memory

Post by Vid »

Tidied, some posts removed, link added to C&P article.

The forum rules do ask for sources to be included, if you have time to C&P and article then another few seconds to C&P a URL can't be too difficult for you.

There are other forum rules that have been breached within the removed posts. I will not pursue them at this time, trying to watch a game!

Finisher1
Dumbledore

Post by Finisher1 »

Vid wrote: 22 Sep 2018, 12:35 The forum rules do ask for sources to be included, if you have time to C&P and article then another few seconds to C&P a URL can't be too difficult for you.
Thank you mods.

RomynPG
Dumbledore
FS Record: FPL 134 overall 06/07 ... never close since

Post by RomynPG »

murf wrote: 21 Sep 2018, 20:32
No news is good news.

EVERYBODY is fit.

Something Gretchen has her eye on in 5AS...

Ruth_NZ
Grumpy Old Gorilla

Post by Ruth_NZ »

This ESPN article is quite interesting on Mendy, suggests that Pep is running out of patience. If you scroll down there's also a section about Pogba which suggests that once again the recent episode may have been overdone by the media.

Pulpy
Grumpy Old Man

Post by Pulpy »

blahblah
FISO Viscount
Location: .. he thinks that he knows something which he doesn't, whereas I am quite concious of my ignorance.

Post by blahblah »

Joccki_10
Grumpy Old Joker
FS Record: 16/17: 55 OR, 1 FISO Forum, 1 NLD and FISO Cup Winner

Post by Joccki_10 »

Pulpy wrote:Pogba plays tomorrow:

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/45677647
Excellent news. Thanks.

TheBigLewandowski
Grumpy Old Man

Budhabhoy wrote: 21 Sep 2018, 20:17 no updates :o
Happy for someone else to do the weekly round up from now on. Think it would be a good time to step aside due to circumstances. Thanks

No Way Jose
Grumpy Old Man

Post by No Way Jose »

Round up thanks to Ben Dinnery via Rotoworld - http://www.rotoworld.com/articles/bpl/8 ... -check-gw7

West Ham United – vs – Manchester United

"Marko [Arnautovic] has worked [with the squad] since Wednesday, so I think he is 100 per cent fit for tomorrow," said Pellegrini who is considering Grady Diangana for Saturday after his midweek two-goal haul. "I don't think Grady's age is a problem. Players must take their chances. I try to analyse the performances, so I will see if he will be included." There was no update on Carlos Sanchez who limped off with a suspected knee injury after 9 minutes on Wednesday. Javier Hernandez is working his way back to full fitness following glandular fever. Jack Wilshere, Andy Carroll, Manuel Lanzini and Winston Reid remain side-lined.

Marcus Rashford is available after completing a three-match domestic ban. Mourinho is expected to recall several players following the penalty loss to Derby in the Carabao Cup, although his team selection will be made with one eye on the Champions League next week. "Only Marcos Rojo is still out. And obviously Romero now with a one-match suspension. Apart from that, in a 26-player squad, everybody is available." Paul Pogba will play on Saturday but.... "no player is bigger than the club. Manchester United is bigger than anyone and I have to defend that.” The United boss has been pleased with the midfielder’s contribution this week. "I am really happy with his work, he trained really well. The team needs good players. He is a good player. The team needs the personality to play. He has. He plays tomorrow."

Arsenal – vs – Watford

Sokratis has recovered from a dead leg, but the rest of the Arsenal treatment room remains the same. Mavropanos and Laurent Koscielny are targeting a return to full training within the next 4-6 weeks while Maitland-Niles could be back by early October. Aaron Ramsey should be included despite a breakdown in contract talks.

The Hornets will be forced into at least one change on Saturday. "I am always sad when I have injured players. In this case we have lost Daryl Janmaat and he is an important player for us." The full-back has had surgery to repair the meniscus in his right knee and will miss up-to six weeks. Javi Gracia also allayed fears that captain Troy Deeney might miss the short trip to the Emirates due to a slight ankle injury and two broken toes. “He is available, and he has trained very, very well this week. He is fit." Deulofeu is out of this one, although he may return before the break. "Gerard needs time but we will see his evolution in the next days. Okaka and Prödl are training with the team, and Britos is out, but maybe in the next week he will come back. We will see how long they need."

Everton – vs – Fulham

Summer signing Yerry Mina suffers a minor setback: "Two days ago he [had] a stamp on his foot in a moment with Bernard. It was painful [on Thursday] and today, but we hope next week he will be training. It's nothing serious." Seamus Coleman [foot] is ruled out. Marco Silva said he could be back with the group, along with Andre Gomes [hamstring], ahead the international break. Phil Jagielka comes back into contention following a return to full training on Monday.

Neeskens Kebano [ankle] remains out while a back problem is hampering Alfie Mawson. "The rest are ready," confirms Jokanovic although a decision on Tom Cairney is yet to be made. “He started working with us which was positive, but we must still assess him and make a decision as to when is the right moment to give him the opportunity to play." Tim Ream "is in a good way" after playing for 62 minutes at Millwall on Tuesday. But after seven weeks out, the centre-back "probably" needs more time.

Huddersfield Town – vs – Tottenham Hotspur

“Apart from Danny Williams and Ramadan Sobhi, we have everyone in full contention for tomorrow’s game,” revealed David Wagner. Williams has had some swelling around the knee - tests proved inconclusive – which means he “should” be back with the group during the international break. Ramadan Sobhi looks better but he won’t return until mid-October. Alex Pritchard is pushing for a recall after starting last weekend on the bench [following his ban]. "We will see [if he starts]."

Christian Eriksen will miss the trip to Huddersfield due to a small abdominal injury – Pochettino said he could return on Wednesday to face Barcelona. Serge Aurier [quad] is also out after picking up a thigh problem in the Carabao Cup. The full-back is being assessed to determine the extent of the problem. Paulo Gazzaniga will continue in goal if Hugo Lloris fails a late fitness test. Michel Vorm is continuing his rehab and won’t recover in time for the game at the John Smith's Stadium.

Manchester City – vs – Brighton and Hove Albion

Kevin de Bruyne is making the last steps [to recovery]. "He could start training in the next few days. Everything is going well." Benjamin Mendy is also on the mend [bruised metatarsal] and Pep says the defender is on a similar process. "He is going well." Guardiola played down the full-backs latest disciplinary slip after he arrived three hours late for treatment having been to watch the boxing on Saturday night. Pep says the rest of his squad are in good shape.

Florin Andone is available, but a decision on whether he plays will be made due to a lack of match fitness. Jose Izquierdo managed 45 minutes for the under-23s this week following his recovery from a knee injury. However, after missing the last two months, the winger is considered a major doubt. Dale Stephens and Pascal Gross are close, but Saturday is too soon. "Dale felt his hamstring and came off fairly early in the Tottenham game. The good news is it’s very minor but not quite enough to be fit for this one. We’re hopeful for the next game. The same goes for Pascal."

Newcastle United – vs – Leicester City

Salomon Rondón [thigh] could be ruled out until after the break. "We have to assess him and see how he is going. He might be out for a couple of weeks then we will decide after that. He felt something in the warm-up [at Selhurst Park]. He wanted to impress, but he couldn’t. Now, he is injured, and we have to manage with the rest of the players." Benitez said the striker has not been not been "fully fit" since joining the club. Paul Dummett and Frederico Fernandez [both hamstring] look likely to miss out as well but DeAndre Yedlin [ankle] is expected to pass a late fitness test.

Demarai Gray will be out of the squad for up-to six weeks after suffering ankle ligament damage. "We shall see if he can recover quick. It's not a serious injury, he needs rest and rehabilitation. He is not available for us for three weeks, minimum." No other fresh concerns. Matty James [Achilles] remains a long-term absentee while Wes Morgan is back in contention following his ban. Claude Puel explained why £19m defender Caglar Soyuncu is yet to make his Leicester debut. “For the moment, he has some problems communicating with his team-mates because he does not speak a lot with all the good words and sentences,” said the Foxes manager. “[But] he’s improving his English, he’s a young player and he’s close.”

Wolverhampton Wanderers – vs – Southampton

No fresh injury concerns for Wolves ahead of their game with Southampton. Ivan Cavaleiro [back] and Leander Dendoncker [match fitness] both featured in the Carabao Cup, but they are yet to play in the league. Nuno Espírito Santo could make it seven unchanged which means £18million record buy Adama Traore will have to settle for a place on the bench.

A problematic toe is likely to see Shane Long miss out at Molineux. "He hasn’t trained at all with the group this week. It’s not settling down as we would like so it needs a bit of further investigation. As it stands now he unfortunately will miss out." There was better news for Manolo Gabbiadini and Mohamed Elyounoussi who re-joined the group on Thursday after the pair were ruled out at Anfield with minor issues. "As long as they don’t get a reaction overnight, they should be an option for us." Danny Ings comes back into contention after sitting out the game against his parent club due to the terms of his loan agreement. “It was a loss last week without Danny, he has brought an edge to what we can offer at the top end of the pitch. He’s had two weeks of solid work."

Chelsea – vs – Liverpool

Maurizio Sarri was "very happy" with the performances of Cesc Fabregas and Gary Cahill in the cup but doesn't believe the pair are ready to play 90 minutes twice within a matter of days. The Blues boss said that Eden Hazard is "one of the best" players in the world right now - calls him "unique" and a "genius" - although he needs to train better to become the 'best'. Antonio Rudiger stands a good chance for Saturday. The defender trained with the squad for the second part of Thursday's session and there is a "possibility" that he will be able to recover from the groin injury he picked up at West Ham. Pedro and Ruben Loftus-Cheek were also part of the group. "They are almost ready," and are likely to be a late decision. Andreas Christensen had a stomach ache at Anfield - no injury.

Virgil van Dijk [rib] has not trained this week and Jurgen Klopp will make a late call on the Dutch centre-back. "If [he] is fit, and can play, he will play." But, if he fails a late test then.... "Lovren played his first game in 10 weeks. He played an outstanding game [vs Chelsea]. Matip, two games in a row, fantastic." Alexander-Arnold is over his recent bout of illness and took part in Thursdays session. Gini Wijnaldum is fit to face Chelsea. "Adam [Lallana] has trained with the team, not the full session but will now come back step-b- step. He is in a good way."

Cardiff City – vs – Burnley

Neil Warnock confirms Lee Peltier will not have surgery after dislocating his shoulder. "But it’s still going to be between two and three months. Obviously, it came out of the joint and they managed to put it back in. The surgeon thinks he doesn’t need a plate and he’s got more of a chance of healing naturally." Aron Gunnarsson [knee] "has trained and looked well" but the Bluebirds boss doesn't think the midfielder will be anywhere near fit for Sunday. Nathaniel Mendez-Laing [posterior cruciate ligament] has had his knee brace taken off, although it could still be around 6-8 weeks before the winger is ready to return. "There are one or two little niggles but that’s all."

Robbie Brady played for the development side on Monday, but Sean Dyche admits the clash at Cardiff will come too soon. The winger will get one more game before being considered for the first team. "I spoke to him again today and we’d consider that’s the end of his pre-season, if you like, games-wise particularly." Steven Defour will be in the squad after his successful return in the Carabao Cup. Defender Ben Gibson requires more time to complete his return to full fitness following hernia surgery.

AFC Bournemouth – vs – Crystal Palace

Charlie Daniels [knee] is close after completing a couple of days in training. Meanwhile, Eddie Howe will make a late call on Diego Rico [hamstring] and Dan Gosling [calf] who missed the midweek Carabao Cup win over Blackburn Rovers. Kyle Taylor [calf] is still not training with the first team. The Cherries boss confirms there’s nothing major ahead of Monday's game with Crystal Palace. “We have a few injury concerns, but they’re injuries that have been lingering the last couple of weeks."

"Luckily" Jairo Riedewald's injury doesn't look as bad as was initially feared. "He has had a scan and we are hoping he will be in training next week." Christian Benteke is being monitored day-to-day, but he is out of this one. Wilfried Zaha has trained with no problems.

Ben Dinnery is a leading expert on Premier League injuries and the Founder of Premier Injuries. He is the man behind the PL Injury Table at PhysioRoom.com as well as a contributor of injury commentary to The Huffington Post UK, ESPNFC.com, @MetroUK, @EurosportCom_EN, Fantasy Football Pundits, talkSPORT and @bbc5live. He can be found on Twitter @BenDinnery.
Email :Ben Dinnery

Hopefully this passes the test :lol:

murf
FISO Viscount

Post by murf »

He is behind Physioroom.com!!!

Used to be a huge laughing stock on here. Vastly improved since admittedly. How times have changed.....

Stemania
FISO Jedi Knight
Location: On the Iron Throne of xG, the seat of The Crown Prince of the Stat Perverts. Or if not, in the STC!
FS Record: Best: TFF 321st. FPL 129th. FFS Career HoF Peak 2nd (Live 1st). Ability since lost.

Post by Stemania »

Huh, did not know that!

In other news, a few random twitterers are saying none of Mane, Milner or VVD were seen at training today.

Pirlo's Beard
FISO Jedi Knight

Post by Pirlo's Beard »

No Way Jose wrote: 28 Sep 2018, 21:29 Email :Ben Dinnery

Dunno man, that doesn't look like a valid email address to me. :P

No Way Jose
Grumpy Old Man

Post by No Way Jose »

Pirlo's Beard wrote: 28 Sep 2018, 22:11
No Way Jose wrote: 28 Sep 2018, 21:29 Email :Ben Dinnery

Dunno man, that doesn't look like a valid email address to me. :P
Good old cut and paste without reading never fails! :lol:

murf
FISO Viscount

Post by murf »

Stemania wrote:Huh, did not know that!

In other news, a few random twitterers are saying none of Mane, Milner or VVD were seen at training today.
None of them are in the released photos - if that means anything. We also know VVD hasn't trained.

From4corners
FISO Jedi Knight

Post by From4corners »

No Way Jose wrote: 28 Sep 2018, 21:29 Hopefully this passes the test :lol:
:D :lol:

Many thanks!

From4corners
FISO Jedi Knight

Post by From4corners »

Stemania wrote: 28 Sep 2018, 21:58 Huh, did not know that!

An extra day rest for Mané and Milner because of having played midweek, I would guess.

Finisher1
Dumbledore

Post by Finisher1 »

No Way Jose wrote: 28 Sep 2018, 21:29 Hopefully this passes the test :lol:
Approved.

Joccki_10
Grumpy Old Joker
FS Record: 16/17: 55 OR, 1 FISO Forum, 1 NLD and FISO Cup Winner

Post by Joccki_10 »

TheBigLewandowski wrote:
Budhabhoy wrote: 21 Sep 2018, 20:17 no updates :o
Happy for someone else to do the weekly round up from now on. Think it would be a good time to step aside due to circumstances. Thanks
Hope everything is okay.

And thanks for taking over, NWJ.

Aldershot Rejects
Dumbledore
FS Record: 5th Metro (2010-11); 146 - Sky (2015-16); 218 - Sky (2014-15); 386 - Sky (2020-21); 636 - FPL (2017-18); last 16 Sky Cup (2018-19)

Post by Aldershot Rejects »

Independent reporting that Alli is out for a month

https://inews.co.uk/sport/football/foot ... ng-latest/

View Latest: 1 Day View Your posts

Return to “Fantasy PremierLeague.com (FPL)”