To see less ads Register or Login ----- Daily Fantasy Sports games 18+

The FISO Guide to FPL Price Changes & Price Change Query Thread

A Fantasy Football forum for news on fantasy football games run by the Premierleague (FPL).
Stemania
FISO Jedi Knight
Location: On the Iron Throne of xG, the seat of The Crown Prince of the Stat Perverts. Or if not, in the STC!
FS Record: Best: TFF 321st. FPL 129th. FFS Career HoF Peak 2nd (Live 1st). Ability since lost.

Re: The FISO Guide to FPL Price Changes & Price Change Moaning Thread 18/19

Post by Stemania »

It's quite reasonable that well over half of Bednarek's sellers could have been on wildcard.

Is also one of those types of player people will not have prioritised in regular transfers on.

Finisher1
Dumbledore

Post by Finisher1 »

Stemania wrote: 27 Aug 2018, 08:01 It's quite reasonable that well over half of Bednarek's sellers could have been on wildcard.

Is also one of those types of player people will not have prioritised in regular transfers on.
Ah Stemania, the one who always pops up to defend FPL Towers against those who dare to question price change consistencies :lol:

Just kidding, you might be right. We can all just guess because incredibly they still have a secret price change formula.

Joccki_10
Grumpy Old Joker
FS Record: 16/17: 55 OR, 1 FISO Forum, 1 NLD and FISO Cup Winner

Post by Joccki_10 »

FPLstatistics is down at my place. Any likely price changes tonight?

Albert_ini
FISOhead

Post by Albert_ini »

Mitrovic, Wilson and Walcott predicted to rise; Sané (and others with much lower ownership) to drop.

hancockjr
Dumbledore
FS Record: FPL: Not as good as it was, but still very respectable.

Post by hancockjr »

Hazard rose too. Thought he was well away from a rise but if FPL stat was not updated then that explains it. Etherise too.
Last edited by hancockjr on 28 Aug 2018, 08:30, edited 1 time in total.

Joccki_10
Grumpy Old Joker
FS Record: 16/17: 55 OR, 1 FISO Forum, 1 NLD and FISO Cup Winner

Post by Joccki_10 »

hancockjr wrote:Hazard rose too. Bought he was well away from a rise but if FPL stat was not updated then that explains it.

Oh hmm, looks like I’ll have to wait for a fourth rise from Mané then.

hancockjr
Dumbledore

Post by hancockjr »

Joccki_10 wrote: 28 Aug 2018, 07:46
hancockjr wrote:Hazard rose too. Thought he was well away from a rise but if FPL stat was not updated then that explains it.

That’s my option too.

Hornet boy
Treebeard
FS Record: Distinctly average!

Post by Hornet boy »

I've also been waiting for an extra .1 sale value from Mane to get what I want, but he seems to be going backwards now if anything, having been very close to another rise.

blahblah
FISO Viscount
Location: .. he thinks that he knows something which he doesn't, whereas I am quite concious of my ignorance.

Post by blahblah »

Did he score at the weekend?

MoSe
Dumbledore
FS Record: FISODAS CUP Winner Season 25
FISO H2H Winner: 15/16 Div2 - 16/17 Div1
FISO Mirror: 16/17 PL Winner

Post by MoSe »

the merge of the informative seasonal thread with a moaning one had killed my interest in it,
as I'm interested in debating facts and helping others out, but not in the least in moaners.

so I'd have promised myself I wouldn't have posted again in here after the merge...
... but for want of another place to appropriately post content, here I am

___
Joccki_10 wrote: 28 Aug 2018, 07:46
hancockjr wrote:Hazard rose too. Bought he was well away from a rise but if FPL stat was not updated then that explains it.
he got the 4th rise yesterday morining
http://crackthecode.fiso.co.uk/blog/fpl ... ry/?id=251
  • CTC has switched on its daily tracking, alas it can't go back with data when it was offline
    all changes and dates for individual players can still be reconstructed from the Changes list http://crackthecode.fiso.co.uk/blog/price-changes/ and filtering for a player
    Name Event Change Date
    Sadio Mané Price rise from 9.8 to 9.9 2018-08-30, 02:00
    Sadio Mané Price rise from 9.7 to 9.8 2018-08-21, 02:00
    Sadio Mané Price rise from 9.6 to 9.7 2018-08-18, 02:00
    Sadio Mané Price rise from 9.5 to 9.6 2018-08-14, 02:00

Mané and Mendy are the only ones who got 4 rises in the season so far
https://fantasy.premierleague.com/a/sta ... ange_start
+0.4m Mané Mendy
+0.3m Agüero
+0.2m Pogba Alonso Richarlison Walcott Pedro Wilson Pereyra Neves Holebas
+0.1m Hazard Alli Bernardo Silva Zaha Mkhitaryan Lucas Moura Mitrovic Robertson Ederson Fraser Ings Milner Jorginho Shaw Pereira S.Cook Etheridge Wan-Bissaka

30 different players got 1 or more Price Rise
https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/ ... QussGn32lk

Sanchez, Shaquiri Otamendi & Jones fell by 0.3
25 players fell by 0.2
198 fell once

hancockjr
Dumbledore

Post by hancockjr »

Pogba one of the few players to get a double rise!

Richarlison got a triple of course but then lost one - more to come I’m sure.

MoSe
Dumbledore
FS Record: FISODAS CUP Winner Season 25
FISO H2H Winner: 15/16 Div2 - 16/17 Div1
FISO Mirror: 16/17 PL Winner

Post by MoSe »

hancockjr wrote: 31 Aug 2018, 08:41 Richarlison got a triple of course but then lost one - more to come I’m sure.
yes you're right I didn't account for such cases, but then I had been longwinded enough already ;)

thanks for pointing out

Stemania
FISO Jedi Knight
Location: On the Iron Throne of xG, the seat of The Crown Prince of the Stat Perverts. Or if not, in the STC!
FS Record: Best: TFF 321st. FPL 129th. FFS Career HoF Peak 2nd (Live 1st). Ability since lost.

Post by Stemania »

MoSe wrote: 31 Aug 2018, 08:33 the merge of the informative seasonal thread with a moaning one had killed my interest in it,
as I'm interested in debating facts and helping others out, but not in the least in moaners.
I've renamed it 'Query' rather than 'Moaning' to dissuade the latter and encourage the former.

hancockjr
Dumbledore

Re: The FISO Guide to FPL Price Changes & Price Change Query Thread 18/19

Post by hancockjr »

Is there really nothing that can be done to mend CTC to make it the great resource it once was? I use it to see who has moved overnight and for daily NTI but its real use, to show who will rise and fall, has not been working for a long time now. Isn’t it a case of tweaking thresholds? Has everyone with knowledge of its working left FISO or lost interest?

This is a query, not a moan, by the way!

Stemania
FISO Jedi Knight

Post by Stemania »

hancockjr wrote: 31 Aug 2018, 08:58 Is there really nothing that can be done to mend CTC to make it the great resource it once was? I use it to see who has moved overnight and for daily NTI but its real use, to show who will rise and fall, has not been working for a long time now. Isn’t it a case of tweaking thresholds? Has everyone with knowledge of its working left FISO or lost interest?
Really don't know tbh - I think Rob is the one to ask. It's still great, possibly the best place that exists(!?), for the precise NTI/NTOs - but not in the running on price changes - though it has gone through patches of being down in the last year or so as per those who follow it closely (MoSe is probably the best to ask). I'd guess it would require a keen group of volunteers with a lot of time free to try and fix it - and some advice from nigel of FPLS (who is always great in that regard).

The main reason for it no longer being sticky was the intentional reduction of the total number of sticky threads made possible by the excellent new resource thread, and hopefully wasn't viewed as a snub of CTC itself - the links, description of CTC etc were placed to the OP here to try and keep it in view. :)

Nykwanna Wombosi
Kevin and Perry

Post by Nykwanna Wombosi »

I've had Richarlison for a couple of weeks, why can I only sell at 6.6 when he's 6.7?

Stemania
FISO Jedi Knight

Post by Stemania »

Nykwanna Wombosi wrote: 31 Aug 2018, 13:54 I've had Richarlison for a couple of weeks, why can I only sell at 6.6 when he's 6.7?
The way the price system works you only gain half of any player's price increase rounded down (to the nearest 0.1m) when you sell. So

--if you buy at 6.5m and a player rises to 6.7m you can sell for 6.5 + 0.1 (half of the 0.2 price increase).

--if you buy at 6.6m and a player rises to 6.7m you can sell for 6.6 + 0.0 (half of the 0.1 price increase rounded down).

Essentially, the Capital Gains Tax in FPL is set at 50% (rounded in the direction against you, when the value increase is an odd multiple of 0.1m).

Nykwanna Wombosi
Kevin and Perry

Post by Nykwanna Wombosi »

Stemania wrote: 31 Aug 2018, 14:21
Nykwanna Wombosi wrote: 31 Aug 2018, 13:54 I've had Richarlison for a couple of weeks, why can I only sell at 6.6 when he's 6.7?
The way the price system works you only gain half of any player's price increase rounded down (to the nearest 0.1m) when you sell. So

--if you buy at 6.5m and a player rises to 6.7m you can sell for 6.5 + 0.1 (half of the 0.2 price increase).

--if you buy at 6.6m and a player rises to 6.7m you can sell for 6.6 + 0.0 (half of the 0.1 price increase rounded down).

Essentially, the Capital Gains Tax in FPL is set at 50% (rounded in the direction against you, when the value increase is an odd multiple of 0.1m).
Ah. I bought Mkhi for 7, he's 7.2 now, I can sell for 7.1.

Gotcha. Thanks.

Chinese Whisperer
Treebeard

Post by Chinese Whisperer »

There haven't been many price rises these past 2 weeks. Is anyone expecting a few more before the FPL transfer deadline. Maybe Mitro or Robertson?

Stu255
Grumpy Old Man

Post by Stu255 »

I notice Aguero is now more widely selected than Salah.

Aguero 51.5%
Salah 51.2%
Mane 40.9%
Alonso 39.9%

Hmmm... I think there is a lot of fast money in Aguero and he might drop like a stone when he first gets rested and see a lot of other strikers rise in value.

ricardo68
FISOhead

Post by ricardo68 »

Do we think price changes will slow down now the template has established, many have used their wildcard and the rise of dead teams?

blahblah
FISO Viscount
Location: .. he thinks that he knows something which he doesn't, whereas I am quite concious of my ignorance.

Post by blahblah »

Wildcard transfers aren't directly relevant, however it may mean more managers taking hits....

Stemania
FISO Jedi Knight

Post by Stemania »

ricardo68 wrote:Do we think price changes will slow down now the template has established, many have used their wildcard and the rise of dead teams?
Transfers slow down as the season progresses, but FPL actually adjust the number of transfers required for a price rise accordingly to try to keep an ounce of uniformity.

But there may be noticable things like fewer fringe cheapies dropping as the field is slowly thinned among active teams.

Templates aren't templates for long.

Chinese Whisperer
Treebeard

Post by Chinese Whisperer »

Does anyone know if the Target % for each player are reset to 0 at the end of each GW ? I seem to remember that used to be the case.

Stemania
FISO Jedi Knight

Post by Stemania »

They are not. Though any multipliers are.

wonkypenguin
Grumpy Old Man

Post by wonkypenguin »

Stu255 wrote: 12 Sep 2018, 21:10 I notice Aguero is now more widely selected than Salah.

Aguero 51.5%
Salah 51.2%
Mane 40.9%
Alonso 39.9%

Hmmm... I think there is a lot of fast money in Aguero and he might drop like a stone when he first gets rested and see a lot of other strikers rise in value.
Alonso could be the most owned by the weekend! :shock:

Fatbat
Red & Blue Braces

I still don't get the price changes...

Post by Fatbat »

Salah...

Transfers in
Transfers out

Transfers out (round)

Prices hasn't shifted.

Henrikh Mkhitaryan...

Transfers in
Transfers out

Transfers out (round)

Price fall (round)

More than double the transfers in and more transfers in than transfers out. Less transfers out over all and less transfers this round and yet his price falls?

That doesn't make any sense. This does my head in.

blahblah
FISO Viscount

Post by blahblah »

It is Overall, not the GW, NTI\O that is relevant.

Am I right in thinking that Salah's price would rise quicker than it falls? (%age to drop > fixed number to rise)

Sutter Kane
Dumbledore
FS Record: Unknown.

Post by Sutter Kane »

Anyone know when Richarlison's price will be frozen until?

Albert_ini
FISOhead

Post by Albert_ini »

Sutter Kane wrote: 22 Sep 2018, 09:23 Anyone know when Richarlison's price will be frozen until?
Unlocks: 24 Sep 03:50 PM, GMT (fplstatistics)

View Latest: 1 Day View Your posts

Return to “Fantasy PremierLeague.com (FPL)”