To see less ads Register or Login ----- Daily Fantasy Sports games 18+

Rate my team

A forum for news and discussion on SkySports Fantasy Football. Both Football365 and TeamTalk used to feed into this game.
itslikebrandnew
Grumpy Old Man
FS Record: ?

Rate my team

Post by itslikebrandnew »

Here we go, went 343 and i'm hoping my 5 premiums make up for the lack of bonus points my other players will get.

Hart Burnley
Wan Bis C Pal
Boly Wolves
Otto Wolves
Hazard Chelsea
Mendy Leicester
Zaha C Pal
Knockaert Brighton
Aguero Man C
Lukaku Man U
Kane Spurs

idea
Treebeard

Re: Rate my team

Post by idea »

Thought you decided to go with a balanced side with everyone contributing? This isn't it. If you looked at the top 20 points per million players from the first 4 games you have just one and he is lucky to be in there after knocking it in with his hand.

itslikebrandnew
Grumpy Old Man

The balanced team i came up with would have churned through transfers too fast if i wanted good attacking options for most days.

This one is all about decent captains and not burning through transfers.

My other team is a little more balanced playing 2 up front.

itslikebrandnew
Grumpy Old Man

Off to a flying start by captaining Hazard. Wonder how many of the 20% who have him captained him.

Cars and Mané
Red & Blue Braces
FS Record: Sky Fantasy Football Winner 2017/18

Post by Cars and Mané »

Great shout. I think the vast majority of the top managers will have captained Aguero. Good differential for you.

itslikebrandnew
Grumpy Old Man

Cars and Mané wrote: 15 Sep 2018, 18:25 Great shout. I think the vast majority of the top managers will have captained Aguero. Good differential for you.
Thanks, I hope so. I figured Aguero's minutes would be limited today with the CL coming up.

mad dog
Dumbledog
FS Record: Sky Winner 16/17

Post by mad dog »

itslikebrandnew wrote: 15 Sep 2018, 17:33 Off to a flying start by captaining Hazard. Wonder how many of the 20% who have him captained him.
3.7% Thursday morning was the figure

Yorkshire Exile
Grumpy Old Man

Post by Yorkshire Exile »

mad dog wrote: 15 Sep 2018, 19:50
itslikebrandnew wrote: 15 Sep 2018, 17:33 Off to a flying start by captaining Hazard. Wonder how many of the 20% who have him captained him.
How do you know this?

Gooner66
Treebeard
FS Record: A few bob over the years, most recently won the Irish Times Fantasy Euros Comp

Post by Gooner66 »

Hmm. Access to such statistics a few minutes ahead of kick off could be very useful, especially if you were in the market for a differential.

Yorkshire Exile
Grumpy Old Man

Access at any time to insider information would be useful

Gooner66
Treebeard
FS Record: A few bob over the years, most recently won the Irish Times Fantasy Euros Comp

Post by Gooner66 »

Yorkshire Exile wrote: 15 Sep 2018, 20:09 Access at any time to insider information would be useful
True enough.

itslikebrandnew
Grumpy Old Man

mad dog wrote: 15 Sep 2018, 19:50
Cheers, that's got a few jaws flapping :lol:

itslikebrandnew
Grumpy Old Man

Made up 30pts on the leader.

Just inside the top 750 with this team and just inside the top 2000 with my other one.

itslikebrandnew
Grumpy Old Man

Up to 118pts for the week with Knockaert left to play.

My 3 premium strikers have contributed a grand total of 14 pts to that score :lol:

itslikebrandnew
Grumpy Old Man

In the top 500 now :D

itslikebrandnew
Grumpy Old Man

Bit concerned i may have the wrong strikers. Not liking Kane or Aguero at the moment even though they have decent fixtures. May well avoid captaining either of them Saturday and transfer one of them out Sunday for Laca / Aub.

rodduz
FISOhead

Post by rodduz »

itslikebrandnew wrote:In the top 500 now :D
Good going mate! Fair dos! Hope the strikers start firing then onwards and upwards!

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk

itslikebrandnew
Grumpy Old Man

Almost top 200 now, and went high risk by dumping Kane and Aguero. Dumping Kane for Mitrovic and making him captain got me 24pts.

Dumped Aguero for Aub, but made a mistake by not captaining him. Went with Hazard like nearly everyone else.

Aguero to Aub looked common sense to me, getting an extra game from Aub and even though Man City are home to Brighton this coming weekend i half expect the game to be won at half time and Aguero subbed off again so it was time for him to go.

Taking Kane out is very high risk and it leaves me very exposed this Saturday. It's looking like i have to put Aub up against everyone going with Kane.

mad dog
Dumbledog
FS Record: Sky Winner 16/17

Post by mad dog »

How many transfers have you used?

rodduz
FISOhead

Post by rodduz »

itslikebrandnew wrote:Almost top 200 now, and went high risk by dumping Kane and Aguero. Dumping Kane for Mitrovic and making him captain got me 24pts.

Dumped Aguero for Aub, but made a mistake by not captaining him. Went with Hazard like nearly everyone else.

Aguero to Aub looked common sense to me, getting an extra game from Aub and even though Man City are home to Brighton this coming weekend i half expect the game to be won at half time and Aguero subbed off again so it was time for him to go.

Taking Kane out is very high risk and it leaves me very exposed this Saturday. It's looking like i have to put Aub up against everyone going with Kane.
Risky but a gamble that could pay off BIG time, like you say. Hope it does for you.

itslikebrandnew
Grumpy Old Man

mad dog wrote: 24 Sep 2018, 09:57 How many transfers have you used?
Too many, 9 now in this team because i moved strikers ahead of schedule otherwise i would have been on target for 1 a week.

The good thing i've only planned for another 7 more up until mid Dec.

itslikebrandnew
Grumpy Old Man

rodduz wrote: 24 Sep 2018, 10:03
itslikebrandnew wrote:Almost top 200 now, and went high risk by dumping Kane and Aguero. Dumping Kane for Mitrovic and making him captain got me 24pts.

Risky but a gamble that could pay off BIG time, like you say. Hope it does for you.

Thanks, I do see a move that could potentially get me 30 to 40 points more in the next 3 games, but am now getting wary of burning through transfers so probably won't do it.

Although i might do it with my other team thats only 20pts behind this one.

Toffeeman
FISOhead
FS Record: 49th YTM 2008/2009, 63 TFC 2011,T3 SDT Nov Premium Monthly

Post by Toffeeman »

You have made great start mate, but can't help feeling your going to regret those moves very soon.

Good luck I think you will need it.

Gary

itslikebrandnew
Grumpy Old Man

Toffeeman wrote: 24 Sep 2018, 18:48 You have made great start mate, but can't help feeling your going to regret those moves very soon.

Good luck I think you will need it.

Gary
Thanks, you never know. Maybe i'll be lucky and Kane will get sent off at the weekend :lol:

itslikebrandnew
Grumpy Old Man

Nothing more frustrating then getting something right but then picking the wrong player and making no gain. Kane and his 2pts against Cardiff went against what everyone was telling me.

I went with Vardy who always seems to love playing Everton and got 4pts from him. Luckily i didn't waste the transfer as he's in my team for a while now. But gutted i couldnt take advantage of the gamble.

My team now looks like :-

Hart Burnley
Wan Bis C Pal
Boly Wolves
Otto Wolves
Hazard Chelsea
Zaha C Pal
Knockaert Brighton
Richarlison Everton
Lukaku Man U
Vardy Leics
Mitrovic Fulham

There's 2 or 3 players i want rid of after the international break to set me up Nov / Dec games. I'll wait until after the break is over as you never know what might happen before doing transfers.

Yorkshire Exile
Grumpy Old Man

If them players score heavy you'll fly. I suspect it looks very different to most teams..... Whether that's a good thing I'm not convinced.

There are only 3-4 of those I would keep..... Although every team needs a few cheapies in fairness

itslikebrandnew
Grumpy Old Man

These are the 2 that need to go :-

Zaha C Pal
Lukaku Man U

Knockaert possibly needs to go......but i need to look into that one further.

itslikebrandnew
Grumpy Old Man

Done Zaha to KDB and Lukaku to Firmino.

Zaha has been a disappointment and figured rather than get another 2pts this weekend from him i'll risk going to KDB early.

Lukaku to Firmino (was always pencilled in go change Lukaku) but wanted Salah with 2nd choice of Mane. Didn't want to keep Lukaku and wanted Liverpool coverage so had to go with what was left and that was Firmino.

View Latest: 1 Day View Your posts

Return to “SkySports Fantasy Football”