To see less ads Register or Login ----- Daily Fantasy Sports games 18+

Overall Rank Thread 18/19 (Originally "I am #8 in the Overall Standings!!!")

A Fantasy Football forum for news on fantasy football games run by the Premierleague (FPL).
Mo Bot
Dumbledore
FS Record: Inaugural Last Man Standing. FISO Fantasy Eurovision champ 2012. World #1 in UFPL for a whole week

Re: I am #8 in the Overall Standings!!!

Post by Mo Bot »

Football Hero wrote: 20 Aug 2018, 16:18
Aldershot Rejects wrote: 20 Aug 2018, 14:48
Football Hero wrote: 20 Aug 2018, 13:11 Yeah, 8th in the overall standings... after less than two gameweeks... with no players left to play in the second gameweek... with a wildcard already played... with a bench boost already played.... and you thought this was thread-worthy.
Why can't you share someone else's pleasure and joy rather than making catty comments?

Well done Bulgarche! Keep up the good work.
Because the pleasure and joy is unreasonable given the circumstances. They are literally kidding themselves, and it's kinder to not let them get carried away surely? He's 8th place with poor strategy, (two chips used already), so he shouldn't be celebrating that.

It's a bit like in poker if someone get's all the money in with 44 pre-flop against a tight player's AA; and they suck out by hitting a 4 and then start celebrating. There is no reason to celebrate when it is poor play. That is all this guy has done, he's played poorly FPL-wise and after two weeks has sucked out on us.

So let's have some realism come into this thread why don't we. I'm actually helping them out whereas you're literally saying 'Well done' for bad play. That is not helpful to them.
BB in the first week and GW2 wildcard is not poor play. Playing a BB in GW1 when there is a limited player pool following the World Cup then using the wildcard to set up your team for the next few weeks seems a reasonable use of the chips and has clearly been an effective strategy. It's a side issue but sometimes waiting for a DGW to play the BB for example backfires spectacularly.

You're not actually helping him out either. You're just saying "you played badly but got lucky" there is no greater analysis or advice given.

Football Hero
Grumpy Old Man

Post by Football Hero »

LamebrainEddy wrote: 20 Aug 2018, 16:30

Because the pleasure and joy is unreasonable given the circumstances.
Everyone please make sure to check through with this guy before taking any pleasure and joy to see if it's reasonable first, as you can see it's quite offensive.
It's amusing how irritated you're getting.

Vsz
Grumpy Old Man
FS Record: Won lots of cash leagues and was once, very briefly, top of TFF. Finished 15th too. Various top 5K and 10K FPL finishes

Post by Vsz »

Good on you mate! :)

RomynPG
Dumbledore
FS Record: FPL 134 overall 06/07 ... never close since

Post by RomynPG »

Buzz Killington wrote: 20 Aug 2018, 13:11 Yeah, 8th in the overall standings... after less than two gameweeks... with no players left to play in the second gameweek... with a wildcard already played... with a bench boost already played.... and you thought this was thread-worthy.
Why can't you share someone else's pleasure and joy rather than making catty comments?

Because the pleasure and joy is unreasonable given the circumstances. They are literally kidding themselves, and it's kinder to not let them get carried away surely? He's 8th place with poor strategy, (two chips used already), so he shouldn't be celebrating that.

It's a bit like in poker if someone get's all the money in with 44 pre-flop against a tight player's AA; and they suck out by hitting a 4 and then start celebrating. There is no reason to celebrate when it is poor play. That is all this guy has done, he's played poorly FPL-wise and after two weeks has sucked out on us.

So let's have some realism come into this thread why don't we. I'm actually helping them out whereas you're literally saying 'Well done' for bad play. That is not helpful to them.

Bulgarche has played FPL, and been on FISO, long enough to know his style probably isn't optimal but that's the style he plays and he enjoys it. It's also a style we know him for and as a founding Kangal - a 5AS team with the worst team badge of all time - he has a special place in my heart :D

To further your poker analogy ... (I think of FPL, and especially this forum, as more of a home game than the WSOP) I don't want a table full of nits ... pointing out, seriously, someone lack of poker smarts when they lag it up and get a bit lucky. They're fun to play against and good company.

Bulgarche is good company when he's here so here's to you dude - only a couple of hours left :P
Last edited by RomynPG on 20 Aug 2018, 17:42, edited 1 time in total.

carver
Grumpy Old Man
FS Record: Top 50k last 4 seasons . Mr Consistent

Post by carver »

Football Hero wrote: 20 Aug 2018, 16:18 It's a bit like in poker if someone get's all the money in with 44 pre-flop against a tight player's AA; and they suck out by hitting a 4 and then start celebrating. There is no reason to celebrate when it is poor play. That is all this guy has done, he's played poorly FPL-wise and after two weeks has sucked out on us.
I would celebrate like crazy if it were for a big pot, especially if it were someone like you holding the aces :P

Joccki_10
Grumpy Old Joker
FS Record: 16/17: 55 OR, 1 FISO Forum, 1 NLD and FISO Cup Winner

Post by Joccki_10 »

Well done, bulgarche! Very, very nice indeed.

From4corners
FISO Jedi Knight

Post by From4corners »

Yay awesome! Was thinking you would be up there had you kept faith to your strategy.

Now take a screenshot of that, print it and frame that bad boy (just like Finisher1 does whenever someone posts that he is right).

Lucky
Grumpy Old Man

Post by Lucky »

Fantastic achievement … congratulations, Bulgarche.

But was it necessary to play the Wildcard so early. What would have been your points total without it? Just out of curiosity.

Good luck for the next GWs to come.

Football Hero
Grumpy Old Man

Post by Football Hero »

Lucky wrote: 20 Aug 2018, 18:29 Fantastic achievement … congratulations, Bulgarche.

But was it necessary to play the Wildcard so early. What would have been your points total without it? Just out of curiosity.

Yes, it was necessary to play it, because if he hadn't he wouldn't have been able to make this thread.

Vid
Head Moderator
FS Record: winning is a distant memory

Post by Vid »

Football Hero wrote: 20 Aug 2018, 18:43
Lucky wrote: 20 Aug 2018, 18:29 Fantastic achievement … congratulations, Bulgarche.

Yes, it was necessary to play it, because if he hadn't he wouldn't have been able to make this thread.
Funnily enough anyone that gets a high position, or even a comp win, wouldn't have been able to talk about without doing something that worked. Why be so sour?

Calvin1979
Grumpy Old Man
FS Record: Ruined by real life responsibilities

Post by Calvin1979 »

RomynPG wrote: 20 Aug 2018, 17:18Bulgarche has played FPL, and been on FISO, long enough to know his style probably isn't optimal but that's the style he plays and he enjoys it. It's also a style we know him for and as a founding Kangal - a 5AS team with the worst team badge of all time - he has a special place in my heart :D

To further your poker analogy ... (I think of FPL, and especially this forum, as more of a home game than the WSOP) I don't want a table full of nits ... pointing out, seriously, someone lack of poker smarts when they lag it up and get a bit lucky. They're fun to play against and good company.

Bulgarche is good company when he's here so here's to you dude - only a couple of hours left :P
Well said

FirstWeekWildcard
Kevin and Perry
FS Record: 7 x top 10k

Post by FirstWeekWildcard »

Legend

Congrats bulgarche!

Albert_ini
FISOhead

Post by Albert_ini »

Awesome! Congrats bulgarche!

Tacalabala
FISO Knight

Post by Tacalabala »

Top effort 👍👍👍👍👍

People will focus on your marvellous defence, but the forwards are spot on as well. It's difficult to pick a better Salah less line up than that, which I feel you could leave alone for some time without needing to change.

bloggie
Dumbledore
Location: Tourists swarm to see your face Confucius has a puzzling grace Disoriented you enter in unleashing

Post by bloggie »

"Buzz Killington wrote:"
:)

Droughton
Grumpy Old Man
FS Record: FPL 11/12 - 292

Post by Droughton »

Mo Bot wrote: 20 Aug 2018, 16:45
Football Hero wrote: 20 Aug 2018, 13:11 Yeah, 8th in the overall standings... after less than two gameweeks... with no players left to play in the second gameweek... with a wildcard already played... with a bench boost already played.... and you thought this was thread-worthy.

BB in the first week and GW2 wildcard is not poor play. Playing a BB in GW1 when there is a limited player pool following the World Cup then using the wildcard to set up your team for the next few weeks seems a reasonable use of the chips and has clearly been an effective strategy. It's a side issue but sometimes waiting for a DGW to play the BB for example backfires spectacularly.

You're not actually helping him out either. You're just saying "you played badly but got lucky" there is no greater analysis or advice given.
I agree

Football Hero I just searched your recent posts and they are all in here, your thread about the mechanics of the game and then arguing what the meaning of nailed is and they are all massive posts.

No constructive posts in RMT or in here. Is there not a local debate club you can join?

Rick
Grumpy Old Man

Post by Rick »

top 10 in this comp is worth celebrating no matter how fleeting it is. Congrats bulgarche Very impressive.

escape_to_victory
FISOhead

Post by escape_to_victory »

Well done B!!!! How many people around the entire globe play this game???? Top 10 is incredible!!!!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Football Hero
Grumpy Old Man

Post by Football Hero »

Droughton wrote: 20 Aug 2018, 21:15
Mo Bot wrote: 20 Aug 2018, 16:45

I agree

Football Hero I just searched your recent posts and they are all in here, your thread about the mechanics of the game and then arguing what the meaning of nailed is and they are all massive posts.

No constructive posts in RMT or in here. Is there not a local debate club you can join?
Virtually all of my posts are constructive in one way or the other, but I accept that not everyone appears to be able to understand the meaning or logic behind such posts.

ricardo68
FISOhead

Post by ricardo68 »

Nice work Bulgarche :)

LamebrainEddy
Red & Blue Braces

Post by LamebrainEddy »

Football Hero wrote:
Virtually all of my posts are constructive in one way or the other, but I accept that not everyone appears to be able to understand the meaning or logic behind such posts.

You're right, everyone argues with you because we're all too thick to see you're actually a really positive guy

:lol:

Football Hero
Grumpy Old Man

Post by Football Hero »

LamebrainEddy wrote: 20 Aug 2018, 22:54
Football Hero wrote:

You're right, everyone argues with you because we're all too thick to see you're actually a really positive guy

:lol:
It seems to be mainly you that tries to argue with me. :D

raoul
Dumbledore
FS Record: Tied for OR 1st worldwide in FPL in GW5 in 21/22 (only to then finish 1m), and ranked 1st in TFF late in season 21/22 (eventual finish 95th). Won an old game called Football Fantastic. Best Fanteam finish 117th and cashed £150. Best FPL finish 2.4K.

Post by raoul »

Well done. Please continue the thread, so we can all learn how an early all-in pans out (genuinely interested, and genuinely impressed, however my words might sound!)

MoSe
Dumbledore
FS Record: FISODAS CUP Winner Season 25
FISO H2H Winner: 15/16 Div2 - 16/17 Div1
FISO Mirror: 16/17 PL Winner

Post by MoSe »

despite having no more players to add yesterday nite,
Bulgarche managed to only fall to Fiso Forum League 2nd place, 3p behind nickoldale who retained the lead from GW1
(I for instance had Mané 10p but my OR fell from Sunday intermediate 142k to GW2 final 273k :? the average FPL gain yesterday was 26p)

In FPL Bulgarche rank suffered a bit more, from 8th to 278th
nickoldale fell from GW1 85th to GW2 157th (over 100 places difference at the top for 3p, 215-212), he got a bit back up from Sunday's 400th

SUZYKINS, WHO'S NOT IN THE FORUM LEAGUE :P
MoSe wrote: 13 Aug 2018, 09:51 kudos to SUZYKINS 14th overall, who's not counted in the above stat as he's not in the Fiso Forum League
you can find him in 5AS Stokies https://fantasy.premierleague.com/a/lea ... 38/classic (his FPL button not updated yet)
was 14th after GW1, and he too "fell" to 45th after GW2
he'd still be ahead in our Forum Leauge, IF ONLY HE BOTHERED TO JOIN IT :P

A much better FIso start than last season anyway, when as I reported in previous page, Mo Bot was the first Fisoer to break into top 1k after 10 GWs
we can indeed add League 3rd to the two above, OwlsAboutThat in 410th (after GW1 593rd and Sunday's 1383rd)
so we have 3 Forum Leaguer in top 1k after GW2, and 1 non-Leaguer in top 100 (as far as we know, if others out there pleas step fwd)

But it's a small setback from GW1 when we had top four in Forum League in FPL 1k, and the leader in top 100
one missing out in GW2 is alas Ruth_NZ who fell from 374th to 2891st (and 9th in the League)
another is team "FatFrank’sBarmyArmy" by Neil Hughes, down to 76th in the League and 27.5k in FPL :o

BTW, top 5 in our League in GW1 all had played BB (nickoldale, FFBA, RNZ, OAT, Bulgarche)
Only two thereof played WC2, Bulgarche who maintained his 100+ score entering top 1k, and FFBA who instead crashed out with mere 43p

Bulgarche was not alone in starting this season with two century scores (107+105)
he's joined (in our forum League) by
Stemania (101+102) and
"Only Anna lick its" team by some Carl Weeks (100+103) [shouldn't it be "licks it" ? :? ] whose fiso owner is unknown to me

Stemania
FISO Jedi Knight
Location: On the Iron Throne of xG, the seat of The Crown Prince of the Stat Perverts. Or if not, in the STC!
FS Record: Best: TFF 321st. FPL 129th. FFS Career HoF Peak 2nd (Live 1st). Ability since lost.

Post by Stemania »

MoSe wrote: "Only Anna lick its" team by some Carl Weeks (100+103) [shouldn't it be "licks it" ? :? ] whose fiso owner is unknown to me
Toddjeffery01, mentioned in scores thread. :D

wahine
Grumpy Cat
FS Record: Your life does not get
better by chance, it gets
better by change. JR.
♀️

Post by wahine »

8-) i was once FIRST very briefly for one whole night in the middle of a gameweek.
for that gameweek LOL

Vsz
Grumpy Old Man
FS Record: Won lots of cash leagues and was once, very briefly, top of TFF. Finished 15th too. Various top 5K and 10K FPL finishes

Post by Vsz »

I was once 1st in TFF :)

8th in FPL probably bigger achievement though due to number of players!

bulgarche
FISOhead
FS Record: 192 038st season 2011/2012

Post by bulgarche »

Hi again guys.
I expected to fall down in the table. It was my moment here in the game. 8th place. Even temporary.
I know all of you are doing better than me with FPL. You have proven this the past 10 years.
For me the game is to bring joy. Maybe this year the strategy with 5 - 2 - 3 formatiron will be better than it was in the previous seasons. The reason is the lowest price of the top defenders.
We will see.
No Liverpool players is a huge problem for my team. Mane and Sallah are too expencive for my strategy.
Good luck and see you :)

MoSe
Dumbledore
FS Record: FISODAS CUP Winner Season 25
FISO H2H Winner: 15/16 Div2 - 16/17 Div1
FISO Mirror: 16/17 PL Winner

Post by MoSe »

Stemania wrote: 21 Aug 2018, 09:19
MoSe wrote: "Only Anna lick its" team by some Carl Weeks (100+103) [shouldn't it be "licks it" ? :? ] whose fiso owner is unknown to me
Toddjeffery01, mentioned in scores thread. :D
curious, I was about to post that from Tacalabala Members League
https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/ ... 2012730277
I later learned it was Darkish team instead! :o

Darkish is a recent addition to Fiso (3 months) and he didn't fell under my radar yet as he only posted few times in Andy's Mirror game and jeffmcgow's cahs MLs, and mostly in other Fiso Forums
his FPL Button matches the team in question
___

Toddjeffery01 only mentioned his score in the scores thread, not his team name as far as I can see there, and he has no FPL Button.
viewtopic.php?p=3235371#p3235371
You assumed it was him as the GW scores match (100p GW2, 203p total)
you assumed that was the match because you wronlgy assumed Toddjeffery01 was in the FISO Forum League
alas A LOT Fisoers chose not to, or didn't bother to, enter our Forum League :(
One of the purpose of the weekly scores topics, is indeed to give the chance to Fiso NON-Leaguers, who couldn't be tracked by looking at the League standings, to come forward reporting their score

there are 260 teams in FPL tied at rank 1,654 now, with 203p (and no transfers)
with some legwork, or rather clickwork, browsing the 6 relevant pages, starting https://fantasy.premierleague.com/a/lea ... &lsPage=34
I gather here the links of those thereof who scored 100p this gw, which I'll check later
EDIT: luckily, on fifth page of six (page =38) i found a team whose name and manager hint at the Fiso username
https://fantasy.premierleague.com/a/team/3180952
and also his last season RMT viewtopic.php?f=99&t=12736
only other hint, we knew he has Mendy, Salah, Aguero in GW2
Toddjeffery01 wrote: 18 Aug 2018, 09:08 Can anyone talk me out of Mendy despite having salah and aguero?
and that team matches it too (although he captained Kun in the end :mrgreen: )
He's indeed NOT IN THE FORUM LEAGUE as I suspected

for the records, there were 83 teams with 100/203 score, not counting Darkish and TJ01
so 85 in the 260 tied at that rank :o otoh there are around 10k teams who scored exactly 100p overall this GW

Vsz
Grumpy Old Man

Post by Vsz »

bulgarche wrote: 21 Aug 2018, 10:29 Hi again guys.
I expected to fall down in the table. It was my moment here in the game. 8th place. Even temporary.
I know all of you are doing better than me with FPL. You have proven this the past 10 years.
For me the game is to bring joy. Maybe this year the strategy with 5 - 2 - 3 formatiron will be better than it was in the previous seasons. The reason is the lowest price of the top defenders.
We will see.
No Liverpool players is a huge problem for my team. Mane and Sallah are too expencive for my strategy.
Good luck and see you :)
Yeah 278th now I see post-Liverpool v Palace :(

View Latest: 1 Day View Your posts

Return to “Fantasy PremierLeague.com (FPL)”