To see less ads Register or Login ----- Daily Fantasy Sports games 18+

Sane

A Fantasy Football forum for news on Fantasy Football games run by the Daily Telegraph (TFF). Please post general messages about players etc that are non-specific to TFF on the 'Team News' Forum.

How long do you persist with Sane?

Ditch if on the bench against Huddersfield
30%
Ditch if on the bench against both Huddersfield and Wolves
23%
Keep until the first international window, then reassess and possibly get rid
47%

Total votes: 30

BLOCKHEAD
Grumpy Old Man

Sane

Post by BLOCKHEAD »

Worrying signs that Sane that was only given a few minutes at the very end of the game. The performances of Sterling and Bernardo suggests he will be on the bench for a little while longer. How long do you stick with him if this carries on?

Midlander
Grumpy Old Man
FS Record: Up the Villa

Re: Sane

Post by Midlander »

It's the price you pay with a City midfielder. He could easily start and score a couple next week. I've got Bernardo and I've already accepted he'll be rotated in a couple of weeks.

Jamjack
Grumpy Old Man
FS Record: Average to Middling

Post by Jamjack »

Midlander wrote: 12 Aug 2018, 20:03 It's the price you pay with a City midfielder. He could easily start and score a couple next week. I've got Bernardo and I've already accepted he'll be rotated in a couple of weeks.
Me too. On the basis of Sane getting so few pre-season minutes I figured there must be something we don’t know. Switched a lot of Sanes out for Silvas on Friday. Where I still have him I’ll give it a couple of weeks.

Thomarse
Grumpy Old Man
FS Record: SL winner 2007/08, 2010/11, 2014/15, 2015/16, 2016/17 .. WC SL winner 2014!

Post by Thomarse »

This was pre season about Bernardo ...

https://www.football365.com/news/guardi ... er-players

"Right now, it is Bernardo and 10 players more."

Throw in Peps love for Sterling and Sane's minutes at the moment, would seems to be numbered. As mentioned, it's the risk of a city midfielder (with the exception of kdb)

Swizs
Treebeard

Post by Swizs »

If he is benched again, and you don't have Mane and could afford the swap, I'd be tempted to do Sane to Mane Monday morning.

BLOCKHEAD
Grumpy Old Man

Post by BLOCKHEAD »

Already got Mane so I'm thinking Pogba in for the late Sunday game. That way I can see whether Sane makes an impact if he does come off the bench. If he does - he gets another week. Otherwise - he has to go.

Englandcollapsed
Grumpy Old Man
FS Record: 33rd Telegraph Fantasy European Super League 20/21 (12th TFCI, 17th TFFE, 67th TFC , 96th TFFCH)

Post by Englandcollapsed »

Last season Pep said Mendy and Sane could not play together but then Mendy got injured and Sane flourished - something about them playing in the same space. Pep has not repeated that this season and I expect Sane to come good at some point (with Mendy). So many options with City - who expected Sterling to start.

joshchelseafc
Grumpy Old Man

Post by joshchelseafc »

With 40 transfers and plenty of good options around that price I certainly won't be waiting until 4 games in before switching out. See how sunday goes then decide from there is my vite

raoul
Dumbledore
FS Record: Tied for OR 1st worldwide in FPL in GW5 in 21/22 (only to then finish 1m), and ranked 1st in TFF late in season 21/22 (eventual finish 95th). Won an old game called Football Fantastic. Best Fanteam finish 117th and cashed £150. Best FPL finish 2.4K.

Post by raoul »

I had forgotten that Mendy/Sane quote ... very telling. Fewer options to replace Mendy than to replace Sane, so I reckon he is super-sub a lot of the time, at best. No doubt will get starts when CL gets going but who is going to wait that long? And with so many selecting him, action now is a good opportunity to get ahead of the game I reckon.

With KDB surely getting a start, and BSilva, Fernandinho, Sterling and Mahrez all looking fairly safe starts, Sane's only hope might be someone getting a midweek injury.

Spinynorman
FISO Jedi Fish
FS Record: Under Ordinary

Post by Spinynorman »

I reckon that Bernard and Mahrez will be in and out a lot and Sane will get more time as games pass by.

Sieben
FISOhead

Post by Sieben »

I have both Mendy and Aguero and don't consider either safe. With B Silva more prominent Mendy fit and Mahrez signed there will be more rotation than last season as he attempts to keep his team fresh for the Champions league. City will be frustrating. Dele will play every week so will probably get him in as he is far sharper than I expected. Kane looks about 1 month away from banging goals in.

T-boy
Grumpy Old Man
FS Record: 317th all time career high TFF finish

Post by T-boy »

All Man City players will be rotated. If you happen to have one that hits a big week (which I expect they all will at one point in time) then great. But is it worth keeping a player waiting around for that week? I have loaded up on City players expecting them to have a good season, but I think its going to be frustrating at times. The questions is if players like Alli, Eriksen, Mane a better pick if they play most weeks?

Tom QC
Grumpy Old Man
FS Record: TFF 20/21 - 81st overall
TFF Euros 2021 - 25th overall (more importantly won FISO league)

Post by Tom QC »

Overall you might score better with the best rotated City players but players like the ones you mention, starting consistently, are going to save you stress and transfers.

Midlander
Grumpy Old Man

Post by Midlander »

It's being reported on City fan Twitter accounts and their forums that De Bruyne has suffered a serious injury today, similar to the one he had in 2016 which kept him out for 2+ months.

Tom QC
Grumpy Old Man
FS Record: TFF 20/21 - 81st overall
TFF Euros 2021 - 25th overall (more importantly won FISO league)

Post by Tom QC »

Wow, yes, here for instance: https://www.mcfcwatch.com/2018/08/15/ex ... -training/

Guess that is good for Bilva holders.

chaser2k4
Grumpy Old Man
FS Record: 1 Motw in 2006 tffe, top 500 finish in euro 2008 tff! trying to break into that top 1000 in tff. much better at shorter games.

Post by chaser2k4 »

Another transfer to use. Will wait for official news.

Midlander
Grumpy Old Man

Post by Midlander »

Tom QC wrote: 15 Aug 2018, 16:17 Wow, yes, here for instance: https://www.mcfcwatch.com/2018/08/15/ex ... -training/

Guess that is good for Bilva holders.
Not wishing injury on anyone and I hope he makes a speedy recovery, but I am feeling even more smug about my B. Silva pick now.

BLOCKHEAD
Grumpy Old Man

Post by BLOCKHEAD »

Not even sure Sane will get off the bench now, quick switch to either of the Silvas looks tempting.

BLOCKHEAD
Grumpy Old Man

Post by BLOCKHEAD »

Sane gets another week for me after delivering from the bench.

joshchelseafc
Grumpy Old Man

Post by joshchelseafc »

Does he definitely get that kc? Hit keeper then defender. Il give him early game next week then switch if nothing comes from it

murf
FISO Viscount
FS Record: Once led TFF. Very briefly.

Post by murf »

joshchelseafc wrote:Does he definitely get that kc? Hit keeper then defender. Il give him early game next week then switch if nothing comes from it
I think so. The way I think about it is - would he have got it if the 'goalscorer' was on his team? Imagine it was Aguero and maybe there is even 2 KCs.

Pass - cross - save - tap in.

joshchelseafc
Grumpy Old Man

Post by joshchelseafc »

Thought they changed rule on this last year but maybe im mistaken. Shall see later

murf
FISO Viscount
FS Record: Once led TFF. Very briefly.

Post by murf »

joshchelseafc wrote:Thought they changed rule on this last year but maybe im mistaken. Shall see later
Don't think so. Still says you get KCs for OGs and that saves don't rule out KCs (only keeper touches that work like defender ones are deliberate punches on crosses).

BLOCKHEAD
Grumpy Old Man

Post by BLOCKHEAD »

Pogba has to be the replacement now we know he's ahead of both Sanchez and Lukaku in the pecking order when it comes to pens.

BLOCKHEAD
Grumpy Old Man

Post by BLOCKHEAD »

Sane has to go!!!

itslikebrandnew
Grumpy Old Man
FS Record: ?

Post by itslikebrandnew »

Sane went in w1 for me. I usually act way too soon but not in this case.

BLOCKHEAD
Grumpy Old Man

Post by BLOCKHEAD »

I wonder if the 45% really kept Sane all this time :lol:

Mins
Grumpy Old Man
FS Record: TFF 15th in 2010

Post by Mins »

He's still 6th most popular midfielder (14% of teams have him) incredibly.

View Latest: 1 Day View Your posts

Return to “Telegraph Fantasy Football (TFF)”