To see less ads Register or Login ----- Daily Fantasy Sports games 18+

GW2 Wildcard

A Fantasy Football forum for news on fantasy football games run by the Premierleague (FPL).
reddevil 99
FISOhead

GW2 Wildcard

Post by reddevil 99 »

I`ve wildcarded GW2 for as long as I can remember, anybody else looking forward to waking up to a shiny new team tomorrow ? :P

Richt
FISO Knight
FS Record: Averagely consistant.

Re: GW2 Wildcard

Post by Richt »

No me. I am quite happy with my score of 75 after 1 GW.

reddevil 99
FISOhead

Post by reddevil 99 »

76 here but gonna shake it up a bit :)

The Libero
Wideboy

Post by The Libero »

It's always tempting but too early. The benefit of an early wildcard is you're able to pick the basis of your proper team for the season, based on information that you didn't have access to in pre-season. In GW2 you only have information about line-ups for week 1, when there are injuries, players coming back from the World Cup, haven't seen enough penalties/free kicks to know who is on set pieces yet. By about GW5 you have a better idea.

reddevil 99
FISOhead

Post by reddevil 99 »

Sanchez :arrow: Pogba
Jota :arrow: Neves
Bailly :arrow: Shaw
King :arrow: Arnie
Masuaka :arrow: Richarlison
Sutner :arrow: Mendy

Already have Wan Bissaka and Mane

All about the money money money :lol:

reddevil 99
FISOhead

Post by reddevil 99 »

The Libero wrote: 12 Aug 2018, 21:31 It's always tempting but too early. The benefit of an early wildcard is you're able to pick the basis of your proper team for the season, based on information that you didn't have access to in pre-season. In GW2 you only have information about line-ups for week 1, when there are injuries, players coming back from the World Cup, haven't seen enough penalties/free kicks to know who is on set pieces yet. By about GW5 you have a better idea.
Problem with GW5 is there is a perception there will be plenty of price changes, there rarely is. Also there is no transfer window to take into account anymore.

math!
Dumbledore
FS Record: Yes

Post by math! »

The last two seasons I did it during the first international break and weeks later came to realise that was too early. But that's just me. I would like to leave it longer this time.

garypallister
FISOhead

Post by garypallister »

Activated, as always ;) this season is VERY different as 80% of all punts came through with insane scores!

Patrician
Grumpy Old Man
Location: ...bears no responsibility for bad points forecasts
FS Record: 2nd TFFE 2008, FPL 3 top 10k finishes

Post by Patrician »

GW2 is pretty much the worst time to activate the Wild Card. Sorry to break it to you!

OldSkoolFPL
Red & Blue Braces

Post by OldSkoolFPL »

I've also done it in the first two weeks in the last two years but not this year, feel strangely calm and will even let a couple of players rise/fall who are targets or in my team & look like falling.

Chasing prices has taken over my thinking in the last few years & I'm trying to cut it out.

Pirlo's Beard
FISO Jedi Knight

Post by Pirlo's Beard »

math! wrote: 12 Aug 2018, 21:39 The last two seasons I did it during the first international break and weeks later came to realise that was too early. But that's just me. I would like to leave it longer this time.

+1

I feel like I've done this in the past just to have something to do during the first international break. :lol:

This time though I've picked a squad with the first 7 GWs in mind, so I'm hoping to delay the wildcard until GW8 at the earliest.

Weisenwolf
Grumpy Old Man
FS Record: 2,234 points; back when this was considered a good score....

Post by Weisenwolf »

I can't do anything anyway cos the site is still updating

garypallister
FISOhead

Post by garypallister »

Patrician wrote: 12 Aug 2018, 22:29 GW2 is pretty much the worst time to activate the Wild Card. Sorry to break it to you!
Oh yeah? how many times have you finished in the top 1000 ?

Tel The Gooner
Kevin and Perry

Post by Tel The Gooner »

Looking to hold off until International break at the earliest although if my next 2 weeks don't go to plan I'll review.

Droughton
Grumpy Old Man
FS Record: FPL 11/12 - 292

Post by Droughton »

If you look at the season as a whole you will have a millionaire rank a few times (Even if you come in the top 1k) …..reacting after one week is madness.

I scored 79, ranked 250k and sat about 30th in money leagues, I'll take that unless there was a lot of my picks that were awful - Most were good or have good fixtures still which is why they were in the first place.

If you are aggressively chasing team value then a WC still doesn't make sense as you can take a -4 or -8 which is still better value than the points you gain by playing a GW2 wildcard.

Personally I took a 4pt hit to rearrange money into midfield and get Mane. The other player in was Wilson who might rise and could have a field day against West Ham.

Billy Bongo
FISO Knight

Post by Billy Bongo »

Looks like just chasing last weeks points to me, I need a lot more info before I'd WC.

Utd, they weren't great, need to see them at full strength
Shaw, what happens when Young back
Richalison injury maybe
All the WC players to return
Vardy

Etc etc

Sent from my SM-G965F using Tapatalk

reddevil 99
FISOhead

Post by reddevil 99 »

Billy Bongo wrote: 13 Aug 2018, 10:14 Looks like just chasing last weeks points to me, I need a lot more info before I'd WC.

Utd, they weren't great, need to see them at full strength
Shaw, what happens when Young back
Richalison injury maybe
All the WC players to return
Vardy

Etc etc

Chasing value rather than points to be honest,

Billy Bongo
FISO Knight

Post by Billy Bongo »

Points are what you need, not value

Twitter full of managers obsessed with value then suddenly its oh I've got 106m doh its gwk38 and I'm 2m rank

Fools gold

Last edited by Billy Bongo on 13 Aug 2018, 10:29, edited 1 time in total.

sukh0718
Wideboy

Post by sukh0718 »

Chasing value rather than points to be honest,
Chase for the points cos that will make your life better :shock: :lol:

Droughton
Grumpy Old Man
FS Record: FPL 11/12 - 292

Post by Droughton »

If you are chasing value surely its a WC after GW2 where there has been 2 rounds of scoring and the 3rd week has less impact on who is at the top for each position.... therefore the people at the top after GW2 will have the most transfers in (and price rises) from then until about GW4/GW5...

or not?

reddevil 99
FISOhead

Post by reddevil 99 »

Rightly or wrongly i love a GW2 wildie, Overall rank not an issue as it`s all about my works mini-league, which i have won 4 out of 5 seasons. So whilst it may not appeal to other`s I am all over it. :lol: :lol:

DeadlySub
Wideboy
FS Record: Beginner

Post by DeadlySub »

Have to admit I’m tempted to go for it this year more than in previous years due to the World Cup factor. The vast majority of the returning WC players I’m interested in either started in week 1 or came off the bench.

Bringing them back quickly for GW2 is appealing rather than a managed transition over a number of weeks, particularly as the managed transition can be thwarted by injuries/suspensions.

danzku
Treebeard
FS Record: FISO Forum League Cup 2016 Champion
Landlord of The Rounded Keeper 2021/22

Post by danzku »

I would say gw2 is the worst for wc for increasing team value. Since all transfers start from 0 this gw you will not get any double rises or rises on the first days of the gw.

View Latest: 1 Day View Your posts

Return to “Fantasy PremierLeague.com (FPL)”