To see less ads Register or Login ----- Daily Fantasy Sports games 18+

World Cup DT 2018

A Fantasy Football forum for news on fantasy football games run by The Sun newspaper.
Jimmy12
Treebeard
FS Record: 12

Re: World Cup DT 2018

Post by Jimmy12 »

I have 2 Germany defenders (who will probably concede knowing my luck)

Planning on bringing in Meunier and either Hazard or Lukaku

Who would you choose between the two?

cclem345
Grumpy Old Man

Post by cclem345 »

Jimmy12 wrote: 16 Jun 2018, 22:45 I have 2 Germany defenders (who will probably concede knowing my luck)

Planning on bringing in Meunier and either Hazard or Lukaku

Who would you choose between the two?
I have lukaku and hazard in about 7 of my teams I started with them. I have meunier also in a few. Personally I would put all 3 in. Meunier will be like a winger against Panama.

JackPazz
Red & Blue Braces

Post by JackPazz »

How many transfers would you say you should have going into the knockout phases? I’m using my first 2 tonight bringing in Neymar for Messi and griezman for either Lukaku for Monday or I may go Werner or Jesus then swap again tomorrow night to Lukaku but I’m struggling working out how many I would like to have for knock out rounds, as I will be swapping my defence about during group stages

billybunter
Treebeard

Post by billybunter »

I missed the boat with Ronaldo against Spain, any reason not to bring him in for the next game? (no-one in my mini league had him) wondered if people think he'll be rested for the final group game etc? with his ego and 3 goals already he'll be pushing for the golden boot right

billybunter
Treebeard

Post by billybunter »

JackPazz wrote: 16 Jun 2018, 22:53 How many transfers would you say you should have going into the knockout phases? I’m using my first 2 tonight bringing in Neymar for Messi and griezman for either Lukaku for Monday or I may go Werner or Jesus then swap again tomorrow night to Lukaku but I’m struggling working out how many I would like to have for knock out rounds, as I will be swapping my defence about during group stages
I'm stuck with the same question, currently I'm looking at taking 14 into the KO stages, thats roating one semi block of 3 defenders (Uruguay) and swapping 2 strikers after they've played 2 group games already (Uruagry again) also thinking of swapping Isco at some point if he does nothing next game, roatation in the final group game is a worry though.

cclem345
Grumpy Old Man

Post by cclem345 »

billybunter wrote: 17 Jun 2018, 12:43 I missed the boat with Ronaldo against Spain, any reason not to bring him in for the next game? (no-one in my mini league had him) wondered if people think he'll be rested for the final group game etc? with his ego and 3 goals already he'll be pushing for the golden boot right
It's one of those games were you have to bring him in. Just because it's Ronaldo and anything can happen. Add that to the fact everyone will have him and you don't have a choice. However how many times in football have we seen people leave Ronaldo out against Spain for him to hit a hat trick only to play against easier opposition and draw blank.

How many transfers you need depends on your team after the group stages. If it's full of Brazilians/germans/Spanish and the teams that are getting to the semis 5-6 transfers may see you through.

For example the leaders who went Russia-uruguay-belgium/German defences as well as changing strikers they may only have 5 transfers left. However they may have a good lead.

Others may be going into the knockouts with 10 transfers and maybe only 50-100 points behind with a better team. Things will be clearer in a week or two. It's hard to compare when some players have had 16 players play and some have had 1 play.

billybunter
Treebeard

Post by billybunter »

cclem345 wrote: 17 Jun 2018, 12:54
It's one of those games were you have to bring him in. Just because it's Ronaldo and anything can happen. Add that to the fact everyone will have him and you don't have a choice. However how many times in football have we seen people leave Ronaldo out against Spain for him to hit a hat trick only to play against easier opposition and draw blank.

How many transfers you need depends on your team after the group stages. If it's full of Brazilians/germans/Spanish and the teams that are getting to the semis 5-6 transfers may see you through.

For example the leaders who went Russia-uruguay-belgium/German defences as well as changing strikers they may only have 5 transfers left. However they may have a good lead.

Others may be going into the knockouts with 10 transfers and maybe only 50-100 points behind with a better team. Things will be clearer in a week or two. It's hard to compare when some players have had 16 players play and some have had 1 play.
Your right I'll have to get him just to keep up, I started with both Cavani and Suarez so I'll want to keep them both for the Saudi match on the same day as Ronaldo plays, so thinking Greizman to Ronaldo, then one of Calvani/Suarez back to Greizman, but yes it wouldn't surprise me if Ronny blanks when every man and his dog bring him in!

Its a hard call how many to save, I'd like to go into the KO stages pretty much half/half Brazil/Germans for my defence as I cen see them two in the final, I do feel im not using enough transfers in the groups compared to some posters on here though, no doubt when we get into the second week of group games I'll break the seal and start using them recklessly!

Good feedback cheers

cclem345
Grumpy Old Man

Post by cclem345 »

billybunter wrote: 17 Jun 2018, 14:26
cclem345 wrote: 17 Jun 2018, 12:54

Your right I'll have to get him just to keep up, I started with both Cavani and Suarez so I'll want to keep them both for the Saudi match on the same day as Ronaldo plays, so thinking Greizman to Ronaldo, then one of Calvani/Suarez back to Greizman, but yes it wouldn't surprise me if Ronny blanks when every man and his dog bring him in!

Its a hard call how many to save, I'd like to go into the KO stages pretty much half/half Brazil/Germans for my defence as I cen see them two in the final, I do feel im not using enough transfers in the groups compared to some posters on here though, no doubt when we get into the second week of group games I'll break the seal and start using them recklessly!

Good feedback cheers
It's all about patience. But not too much of it. Group stages are generally where there are more goals. Especially the 3rd games when teams really do have to win.

Some people have got lucky. You just had to be a big Ronaldo fan to start with him along with a pogba fan and youd be doing well with just those two never mind Uruguay defences.

I think after today's games we will see more in terms of points and teams. Those with Uruguay blocks don't have Brazil ones. And if they bring them in its transfers burnt.

itslikebrandnew
Grumpy Old Man
FS Record: ?

Post by itslikebrandnew »

I think Switzerland will score against Brazil.

Notthatbad
Wideboy

Post by Notthatbad »

I’ve got a Uruaguay block but wasted transfers to Muller and Werner.
Do you guys reckon 10/11 transfers is needed for knockout stages? I’m looking at keeping the uruagay block until they’re eliminated. I will have Messi Neymar and Lukaku up front from tonight. Again hoping to leave that. My one fear is no Ronaldo. May go with him instead of Messi. It’s so difficult haha

Kris_fiso
Grumpy Old Man

Post by Kris_fiso »

Notthatbad wrote: 17 Jun 2018, 18:26 I’ve got a Uruaguay block but wasted transfers to Muller and Werner.
Do you guys reckon 10/11 transfers is needed for knockout stages? I’m looking at keeping the uruagay block until they’re eliminated. I will have Messi Neymar and Lukaku up front from tonight. Again hoping to leave that. My one fear is no Ronaldo. May go with him instead of Messi. It’s so difficult haha
Do you have unlimited transfers before the knockout matches start

S_sutton87
Grumpy Old Man

Post by S_sutton87 »

Brazil blocks gone don't feel so bad about my German one now

Sent from my VFD 510 using Tapatalk

itslikebrandnew
Grumpy Old Man
FS Record: ?

Post by itslikebrandnew »

itslikebrandnew wrote: 17 Jun 2018, 15:26 I think Switzerland will score against Brazil.
2 things right today..................... I should put a bet on a red card in the match now :lol:

edmo33
FISOhead
FS Record: 7th Overall Sky Sports Euro2012, 15th Overall Sky Sports 2012/13, 77th overall TFF 12/13, 28th overall Irish Times 12/13

Post by edmo33 »

Mexico v Denmark final anyone?

CBN
Dumbledore
FS Record: Three top ten seasonal finishes in the last five years; three Weekender wins; and three times Big Balls champion!

Post by CBN »

Brazil blocks sunk - went far too heavy on them :oops:

And no Ronaldo (when will I learn)... :(

See you all next season :D

Zimmerman
FISO Jedi Knight

Post by Zimmerman »

🐇

MrTomRipley
Grumpy Old Man
FS Record: "Success is stumbling from failure to failure with no loss of enthusiasm"

Post by MrTomRipley »

oldbigead
Grumpy Old Man

Post by oldbigead »

CBN wrote: 17 Jun 2018, 20:48 Brazil blocks sunk - went far too heavy on them :oops:

And no Ronaldo (when will I learn)... :(

See you all next season :D
I did the exact same thing. All Brazil and Germany and not a single Ronaldo.

I'll get my coat.

JackPazz
Red & Blue Braces

Post by JackPazz »

I started with semi Uruguay block lucky to have Giminez no body in my mini league had him, my other 2 were Danilo and Silva gutted they didn’t have clean sheet tonight but I’ve now swapped them 2 out and brought in 2 Belgian defenders and also brought in courtois , expecting a big game from them as we’ve only seen Russia kill a team off I feel it’s Belgiums turn tomorrow night, my front 3 is them Lukaku , Neymar and cavani, still debating about bringing in ronaldo

Gunner786
Treebeard

Post by Gunner786 »

Any suggestions for tomorow?
Lukaku out lewandowski in?

Gunner786
Treebeard

Post by Gunner786 »

Or may wait for wednesday draft in ronaldo for lukaku and suarez for harry kane. Already got cavani.

Portugal v morocco and uruguay vs saudi

chaser2k4
Grumpy Old Man
FS Record: 1 Motw in 2006 tffe, top 500 finish in euro 2008 tff! trying to break into that top 1000 in tff. much better at shorter games.

Post by chaser2k4 »

80 points so far. Went with a few transfers today. Lukaku, Kane, Meunier and Hazard.

Gunner786
Treebeard

Post by Gunner786 »

chaser2k4 wrote: 18 Jun 2018, 22:18 80 points so far. Went with a few transfers today. Lukaku, Kane, Meunier and Hazard.
Same here. 80 aswell

Jimmy12
Treebeard

Post by Jimmy12 »

Anyone got anyone playing tomorrow ?

Lewandowski is tempting but need to try and save some transfers, already burned through 7

Poland still have 3 games left so that's an advantage but don't fancy them against Columbia.

Lfcni1986
Treebeard
FS Record: 0

Post by Lfcni1986 »

84 in main team with 5 transfers used. Entered a team this morning all England and Belgium plus Lewandowski, it has 67 lol

bluenosey
Dumblenose
FS Record: FISO Goals Champ 2018/19 & 2019/20

Post by bluenosey »

Uruguay play Saudi Arabia on Wednesday. Think I'll keep a few transfers back for that just in case it's a goal fest but surely the Saudi's can't be that bad again ?

I've got a couple of teams heavy on Columbians, so hoping for some joy tomorrow.

cclem345
Grumpy Old Man

Post by cclem345 »

Jimmy12 wrote: 18 Jun 2018, 22:33 Anyone got anyone playing tomorrow ?

Lewandowski is tempting but need to try and save some transfers, already burned through 7

Poland still have 3 games left so that's an advantage but don't fancy them against Columbia.
This is my 2nd best team with 100 points and only 2 transfers used.

My best has 16 more points but burned through 6 transfers.

2nd best team looks like the only one who can do anything and it's the team that was picked at the last minute not entered into mini leagues or anything so think il just go trigger happy with a few transfers tomorrow and hope for a bit of luck.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

RickyRosa
Grumpy Old Man
FS Record: 2016 SDT Knockout Cup Winner. 5th Overall in SDT 2016 European Comp, 3rd overall in SDT Euro 2016 Comp

Post by RickyRosa »

Sick team.

Jimmy12
Treebeard

Post by Jimmy12 »

83 Points here but after some bad early decisions I'm down to 12 transfers. :|

Though after looking at other teams in my mini league some probably have even less.

defence consists of France / Belgium which I don't think I just waste any transfers on.

Was thinking
Lukaku > Cavani
Neymar > Ronaldo

Ronaldo, I'm unsure about but we've seen what he can do and there's no catching up if he does it again.

Though Neymar gets Star man for doing very little so it's a tough choice.

RickyRosa
Grumpy Old Man
FS Record: 2016 SDT Knockout Cup Winner. 5th Overall in SDT 2016 European Comp, 3rd overall in SDT Euro 2016 Comp

Post by RickyRosa »

I wouldn't Jimmy.

Your already to far behind mate with so many transfers used....

You need to be different....think Silva instead of Ronald etc.

View Latest: 1 Day View Your posts

Return to “The Sun Dream Team FF Games”