To see less ads Register or Login ----- Daily Fantasy Sports games 18+

New County Championship Thread 9th June Onwards

A Forum for Fans of Fantasy Cricket Games
Waikikamukau
Treebeard

Re: New County Championship Thread 9th June Onwards

Post by Waikikamukau »

Anyways...the cricket tomorrow.

Fairly standard squads, less the England ODI guys...and well done to them. Would love to see the Scots roll the Ozzies.

Essex
RTD is out for next two matches....not injured...umpires caught him abusing an inanimate object. Banned. Go figure :D
Both Cooks in, although the bowling one has been sporting some kind of strain.

Kent
Billings is available, and so, of course, is Captain Fantastic :D

NottinghamShire
Ball and Gurney are included...no Hales of course. ..included also are Luke Wood and Mullaney who's not due with Lions until after the semi's.

Yorkshire
Lots of absentee's due to ODI's i.e. AR, DJW, DW, JR, JB,
Balance, Bres, Fisher and TKC all in squad. The last two are with Lions from next week. No rooms for Hood, and Tatts keeps

Jester
Sir Jedi Jesterlot
FS Record: TFC 2008 T20 winner; EggCup Div 1 06/07; Two-Foot Cup 2018; S4 EPL Cup 2020

Post by Jester »

I'm at Trent Bridge tomorrow (anyone else?) so hoping the DI does something fantastic indeed! :D

Jester
Sir Jedi Jesterlot
FS Record: TFC 2008 T20 winner; EggCup Div 1 06/07; Two-Foot Cup 2018; S4 EPL Cup 2020

Post by Jester »

The sun’s out.... And so is Chris Nash!
60B61D07-3DE5-40DE-BA42-242D50C0F90E.jpeg
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

ooozzzie
Grumpy Old Man

Post by ooozzzie »

Should be a close game, have Podmore in my weekly, but going to need a miracle. Have a good day Jester.

Holy moses, 23/4 got all the 4 wickets, everyone will have Henry, but not so many Podmore...... but have Patel captain :shock: Can he do any better? Soon find out.
Last edited by ooozzzie on 14 Jun 2018, 11:50, edited 1 time in total.

Ducks Deluxe
Grumpy Old Man

Post by Ducks Deluxe »

Lovely to see a photo,Jester! Hope you have a good day.I gather it is pretty windy...the trees have been bending like longbows here in Edinburgh!

I read that Joe Leach is out for the season....

DD....

roverinexile
FISOhead

Post by roverinexile »

Like an idiot, I missed the 11am start. Thought they were both 2pm.

Ducks Deluxe
Grumpy Old Man

Post by Ducks Deluxe »

Another to Podmore! Good luck with your charge in the weekly,Ooozzzie....No weekly for me and I hope he leaves some for Henry and Cap Fantastic!

DD...

ooozzzie
Grumpy Old Man

Post by ooozzzie »

Oh on checking I haven't got Patel captain, I got Captain Henry, short term memory is freaking going...help. Shame it wasn't Podmore, very nearly changed him for Gurney, but didn't. 8-)

Thanks DD but I no chance really too far back. Here is my lot anyway, you can cheer them on, or stick pins in them :lol:
Denly Mullaney also Chopra Kolher Cadmore (both been poor last couple of games, but can do a lot better, figure they won't be picked) Moores Henry Fletcher Carter Podmore Stevens Patel

That's unlucky Roverinexile the 11am and 2pm's haven't been easy, I sat down to watch the Cricket on TV yesterday morning at 10.40am of course it didn't start until 1pm And I have the time on my blinking chart. Yes Short term Memory oh heck.

jimwinn
Grumpy Old Man
FS Record: nah

Post by jimwinn »

Don't forget the maiden over bonus though :D

ooozzzie
Grumpy Old Man

Post by ooozzzie »

jimwinn wrote: 14 Jun 2018, 12:24 Don't forget the maiden over bonus though :D
Yes fair point, Henry has 3 off 6 overs

Black caviar
FISOhead
FS Record: Week 7 winner 2012 county cricket TFC and 5th overall t20 2012 weekTFF Week 24 2017 weekly winner weekwinner 2014. Week 17 weekly winner 2016. Week 19 TFFooty 2016

Post by Black caviar »

ooozzzie wrote: 14 Jun 2018, 12:33
Captain drops himself so Wagner plays!

Black caviar
FISOhead
FS Record: Week 7 winner 2012 county cricket TFC and 5th overall t20 2012 weekTFF Week 24 2017 weekly winner weekwinner 2014. Week 17 weekly winner 2016. Week 19 TFFooty 2016

Post by Black caviar »

ooozzzie wrote: 14 Jun 2018, 12:33
Captain drops himself so Wagner plays! Sorry suspended not drop

Jester
Sir Jedi Jesterlot

Post by Jester »

Ducks Deluxe wrote: 14 Jun 2018, 11:42 Lovely to see a photo,Jester! Hope you have a good day.I gather it is pretty windy...the trees have been bending like longbows here in Edinburgh!

I read that Joe Leach is out for the season....

DD....

It was windy - dropped off now and the sun is shining.
Kent on 121 without loss - like I said, a good toss to win!

Kuhn looks class with 83 from 71. Fielded well too.

Ducks Deluxe
Grumpy Old Man

Post by Ducks Deluxe »

I haven't been able to follow play in the afternoon...Did Stevens get injured or was he too expensive...three overs?

Another duck for The Cad.. The Lions are welcome to him now!

Looks like you picked some useful players today,Ooozzzie. Hope they are enough.

Essex seem to be chucking this away...not good for my teams!

DD.

Bluearmy16
Treebeard

Post by Bluearmy16 »

Good shout on getting Podmore ooozzzie. I knew I should have captained Porter instead of Bopara.

Didn’t see Kent winning so emphatically like that!! Got to fancy them now against Worcs especially with Leach out for the season.

Jester
Sir Jedi Jesterlot

Post by Jester »

Stevo not injured just expensive!

Jester
Sir Jedi Jesterlot

Post by Jester »

He fielded well in fact - whole team did.

Bluearmy16
Treebeard

Post by Bluearmy16 »

Slightly off topic, looking at the lions squad any reason Denly and Vince not in but Hain and kohler-cadmore are ? Absolute class players both of them. Not complaining as I have Denly and am probably going to get Vince in

Ducks Deluxe
Grumpy Old Man

Post by Ducks Deluxe »

Thanks Jester..phew!

No idea re Lions selection,Blue Army.Maybe they feel they have seen enough of Vince?

DD

Waikikamukau
Treebeard

Post by Waikikamukau »

Bluearmy16 wrote: 14 Jun 2018, 20:18 Slightly off topic, looking at the lions squad any reason Denly and Vince not in but Hain and kohler-cadmore are ? Absolute class players both of them. Not complaining as I have Denly and am probably going to get Vince in
Hain and TKC were the leading 50 over run scorers when the team was assembled.

Black caviar
FISOhead

Post by Black caviar »

Ducks Deluxe wrote: 14 Jun 2018, 20:31 Thanks Jester..phew!

No idea re Lions selection,Blue Army.Maybe they feel they have seen enough of Vince?

DD
Can’t believe Clarke from Worcester hasn’t got in, he went to a secondary modern in Wales 🏴󠁧󠁢󠁷󠁬󠁳󠁿 that’s why! It’s all about breeding for the ECB, talent is secondary! Bess 20 year old off spinner, he’s third choice at Somerset if Leech & Van the man are fit. His education cost over a 250k, that’s why he fits. There is no way he has learned his trade at 20, Swann was 28 when he made his England debut. The ECB are a set of snobs, just like Lancashire CCC! The whole system sucks! Right rant over good luck boys! Going to have my first attempt, at winning a weekly starting tomorrow!

Bluearmy16
Treebeard

Post by Bluearmy16 »

Waikikamukau wrote: 14 Jun 2018, 20:34
Bluearmy16 wrote: 14 Jun 2018, 20:18 Slightly off topic, looking at the lions squad any reason Denly and Vince not in but Hain and kohler-cadmore are ? Absolute class players both of them. Not complaining as I have Denly and am probably going to get Vince in
Fair enough, didn’t think about that, but gone off the boil a bit since though, whereas Vince and Denly ooze class and in form

Fantasist
Grumpy Old Man

Post by Fantasist »

Re: TFC Team News Squads Chit Chat Early Season 2018
Post by Fantasist » 22 Apr 2018, 13:05

Worcestershire are really struggling, against Gregory in particular. I can't see this going to Day 4 at all.

In other news, Gregory is under a 28 day approach. It's believed to be a county from the South East and suggestions are that location could make it tempting for personal reasons.
I see the BBC have put this news up today about Gregory and it's now in the public domain. Since I posted back in April, more counties have shown interest. Hopefully he'll stay at Somerset.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/cricket/44481600

Waikikamukau
Treebeard

Post by Waikikamukau »

Bluearmy16 wrote: 14 Jun 2018, 20:50
Waikikamukau wrote: 14 Jun 2018, 20:34
Fair enough, didn’t think about that, but gone off the boil a bit since though, whereas Vince and Denly ooze class and in form
I like the Lions team. Think it looks really good, and hope they do well. Could be lots of players who could've or just missed out. Denly's no spring chicken, and he made more ducks than runs earlier in the season. Vince is lots younger and had similar early form, and everyone knows what you get with Vince. Thought the Lions were all about trying out potential England players. Maybe Denly's a little unlucky, but they've gone with Mullaney for the senior captain spot. Could be the next England test opener right there ;-)

Only question marks would be Gubbins, Topley and a lesser degree Fisher. They haven't exactly been setting the 50 over game alight in the past two seasons. Maybe Black Caviar is right about the schools these guys go to. Surely, players like Carter, Porter and Godleman also deserve a chance.

Bluearmy16
Treebeard

Post by Bluearmy16 »

Yeah good point Waiki, yeah not sure about Topley either. Time to get Mullaney out my teams.

Are people still in super 8s? And has century league started, can’t see it in the mobile version?

Edgeways
Red & Blue Braces

Post by Edgeways »

Century leagues have definitely started, you can view on non-mobile site. Don't know why they're not on the mobile site. Yet another frustration along with its inability to tell you how many transfers and captain changes you have left.

Ducks Deluxe
Grumpy Old Man

Post by Ducks Deluxe »

I haven't even looked at my super 8s...that way madness lies!

Several years ago I was in the last eight.Had to rely on my phone for transfers in the crucial week.Couldn't view my opponent's score and thus held back on a transfer that would have got me final four...I never win anything!😅

DD...

ooozzzie
Grumpy Old Man

Post by ooozzzie »

Edgeways wrote: 14 Jun 2018, 22:22 Century leagues have definitely started, you can view on non-mobile site. Don't know why they're not on the mobile site. Yet another frustration along with its inability to tell you how many transfers and captain changes you have left.
The mobile site does tell you how many transfers and captain changes. Just click on your team and its at the top, its huge, you cant miss it. If you haven't seen that, have you clicked
on the grid right at the TOP LEFT by Daily Telegraph there are 3 horizontal lines, click on that.

Fatbellywobblebottom
Kevin and Perry

Post by Fatbellywobblebottom »

Ducks Deluxe wrote: 14 Jun 2018, 22:27 I haven't even looked at my super 8s...that way madness lies!

Several years ago I was in the last eight.Had to rely on my phone for transfers in the crucial week.Couldn't view my opponent's score and thus held back on a transfer that would have got me final four...I never win anything!😅

DD...

Still have 18/30 teams in 8's. Crunch will be in a few weeks when only fixture is Glos vs Sussex and the early season transfers start to hurt.

Ducks Deluxe
Grumpy Old Man

Post by Ducks Deluxe »

Very well done,Fatbelly!....I ,of course,got suckered into checking my teams.....doh...Two of eight eligible teams still in!...

Fair to around 30th..ish.. in my century leagues!😅

DD...

View Latest: 1 Day View Your posts

Return to “Fantasy Cricket”