To see less ads Register or Login ----- Daily Fantasy Sports games 18+

World Cup Day One - In Play

A Fantasy Football forum for news on fantasy football games run by The Sun newspaper.
waynebo
Grumpy Old Man
FS Record: Midfield Master Picker TW3 winner 2016

Re: World Cup Day One - In Play

Post by waynebo »

Sweet,glad he nicked the Starman after that spectacular goal

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Wiz
Grumpy Old Man

Post by Wiz »

10 x Golovin to start, stuck a Smolov in there too but heyho :wink:

CBN
Dumbledore
FS Record: Three top ten seasonal finishes in the last five years; three Weekender wins; and three times Big Balls champion!

Post by CBN »

No Golovin here. See you all in four years’ time :roll:

Maldini
Dumbledore

Post by Maldini »

Have him in one team.

As somebody who would have definitely kicked off with ten Russian blocks had the idiots listed them, if Uruguay don’t keep a cleanie tomorrow, I’ll see you all in four years as well.

Zimmerman
FISO Jedi Knight

Post by Zimmerman »

I know football doesn’t necessarily work like this... but you have to wonder what Suarez might do against the Saudis

Maldini
Dumbledore

Post by Maldini »

Suarez and Cavani could throw claim to the golden boot in one game.

CBN
Dumbledore
FS Record: Three top ten seasonal finishes in the last five years; three Weekender wins; and three times Big Balls champion!

Post by CBN »

Zimmerman wrote: 14 Jun 2018, 18:21 I know football doesn’t necessarily work like this... but you have to wonder what Suarez might do against the Saudis

Though essentially irrelevant given anyone playing this game properly will have him, Suárez, or both!

Biddles32
Grumpy Old Man
FS Record: 2020/21 national finishing positions:

Sun dreamteam - 17th

SKy sports - 865th

TFF - 46th

Fanteam - 489th

Fanteam euros - TBC

Sun dream team euros - probable winner 😬

Post by Biddles32 »

Annoyed with Smolov too 😡 he’ll deffo be sub next game so gotta move him on. Wounded didn’t put Golovin in any teams either. 🙄

Zimmerman
FISO Jedi Knight

Post by Zimmerman »

Trouble is we can’t them all for all the games.

I’d earmarked one or both in most of my teams.
Guessing I’ll have plenty of company.

Another thought... Australia qualified behind Saudi.
Those thinking the Aussies could put up a gritty opposition for France might be disappointed.

itslikebrandnew
Grumpy Old Man
FS Record: ?

Post by itslikebrandnew »

The way the Saudis played a good team could put ten past them. I didn't think Russia were that good, the Saudis were just very very poor.

Maldini
Dumbledore

Post by Maldini »

itslikebrandnew wrote:The way the Saudis played a good team could put ten past them. I didn't think Russia were that good, the Saudis were just very very poor.
Some of your previous posts have aged very badly. Image

itslikebrandnew
Grumpy Old Man

Maldini wrote: 14 Jun 2018, 18:32
itslikebrandnew wrote:The way the Saudis played a good team could put ten past them. I didn't think Russia were that good, the Saudis were just very very poor.
Saudis were that bad it looked like they threw the game. All they had to do was get the ball wide, drive forward and throw in some crosses. I think they did that once and caused a problem. The rest of the time left to right and lost possession so many times in their own half.

Zimmerman
FISO Jedi Knight

Post by Zimmerman »

Pep better watch himself, looks like someone has worked out how to win at football.

itslikebrandnew
Grumpy Old Man

Zimmerman wrote: 14 Jun 2018, 18:54 Pep better watch himself, looks like someone has worked out how to win at football.
:lol: The whole world except Saudi Arabia know the ball has to go forward to score.

MADCHESTER UTD
Grumpy Old Man
FS Record: Won DT WC 2018
Won DT weekender wk 2 18/19
Won TFE 18/19

Post by MADCHESTER UTD »

itslikebrandnew wrote: 14 Jun 2018, 18:38
Saudis were that bad it looked like they threw the game. All they had to do was get the ball wide, drive forward and throw in some crosses. I think they did that once and caused a problem. The rest of the time left to right and lost possession so many times in their own half.
Basically Saudi Arabia are a poor team that tbf at least try to play football the right way. I didn’t fall for the recent narrow 2-1 friendly loss to Germany. And I always thought the “Russia are crap” view wasn’t bang on either. Had a poor recent record but again it’s in friendlies and tbf against some good teams.

I didn’t expect 5-0 but I thought 2-0 Russia was very possible

Ex-Pro-Gaffer
Grumpy Old Man
FS Record: 17th Overall SDT 19/20
Winner King Of The Weekender Fiso League 16/17 + 18/19 + 19/20
Winner Xmas Fiso League 16/17
Winner Budget Up 16/17
2nd Fiso Euro Comp 16/17

Post by Ex-Pro-Gaffer »

Bleddy hell is that you Dan ?, haven't seen you all year mate, you haven't had a good start by any chance have you 😜😜😜😋😋😋

Zimmerman
FISO Jedi Knight

Post by Zimmerman »

Sat in Joint 75th on 37 points no less ;)

itslikebrandnew
Grumpy Old Man

MADCHESTER UTD wrote: 14 Jun 2018, 19:12
itslikebrandnew wrote: 14 Jun 2018, 18:38
Basically Saudi Arabia are a poor team that tbf at least try to play football the right way. I didn’t fall for the recent narrow 2-1 friendly loss to Germany. And I always thought the “Russia are crap” view wasn’t bang on either. Had a poor recent record but again it’s in friendlies and tbf against some good teams.

I didn’t expect 5-0 but I thought 2-0 Russia was very possible
I thought Saudi Arabia would go for it so i'm disappointed. I fancied something like a 2-2 draw. I still think Russia are a poor team, just hope i'm not being blinkered or i'll never get very far playing this.

MADCHESTER UTD
Grumpy Old Man
Won TFE 18/19

Post by MADCHESTER UTD »

ex-pro-gaffer wrote: 14 Jun 2018, 19:28 Bleddy hell is that you Dan ?, haven't seen you all year mate, you haven't had a good start by any chance have you 😜😜😜😋😋😋
😂 i’ll do my usual Tom; start well,crash n burn my tranny’s and end up out the money but with a “respectable” position (in other words 15th with no money😂💪)

Looks ok after 1st of 64 games but 37 points can be swallowed up with a Spaniard/french/ block next 2 days :roll:

Luckily I have a French n Spanish block with golovin 🤗

not really 😫

DAREEL
Grumpy Old Man
FS Record: Winner of FISO McDonald's Euro 2016 official . league. FPL player since the game began. Successful cash mini league player that usually ends up in profit

Post by DAREEL »

mad dog wrote: 14 Jun 2018, 13:57
Maldini wrote: 14 Jun 2018, 13:57 Didn't we establish that you can't pick a Russian block two weeks ago? :roll:
Just added some more Russians haven’t they?
They an absolute farce. So the ones lucky enough not to be working and notice this get the Russia block advantage wow

MADCHESTER UTD
Grumpy Old Man
Won TFE 18/19

Post by MADCHESTER UTD »

Zimmerman wrote: 14 Jun 2018, 19:38 Sat in Joint 75th on 37 points no less ;)
Got decent return from my 5 players players so far Nev but 37 points is zilch especially when I’ve got to dump them out (though might keep golovin now even though planned to dump). I need this Uruguay clean😬

edmo33
FISOhead
FS Record: 7th Overall Sky Sports Euro2012, 15th Overall Sky Sports 2012/13, 77th overall TFF 12/13, 28th overall Irish Times 12/13

Post by edmo33 »

DAREEL wrote: 14 Jun 2018, 19:54
Maldini wrote: 14 Jun 2018, 13:57 Didn't we establish that you can't pick a Russian block two weeks ago? :roll:
They an absolute farce. So the ones lucky enough not to be working and notice this get the Russia block advantage wow

I was working, but had pre-planned a 3.15pm dump to check team news. Pretty sure this might be a recurring feature of
my working day 8-)

Maldini
Dumbledore

Post by Maldini »

It's the way the S*n rolls unfortunately.

Makes you wonder if some get inside info of when players will be added. :?

Ex-Pro-Gaffer
Grumpy Old Man
FS Record: 17th Overall SDT 19/20
Winner King Of The Weekender Fiso League 16/17 + 18/19 + 19/20
Winner Xmas Fiso League 16/17
Winner Budget Up 16/17
2nd Fiso Euro Comp 16/17

Post by Ex-Pro-Gaffer »

MADCHESTER UTD wrote: 14 Jun 2018, 19:45
ex-pro-gaffer wrote: 14 Jun 2018, 19:28 Bleddy hell is that you Dan ?, haven't seen you all year mate, you haven't had a good start by any chance have you 😜😜😜😋😋😋
😂 i’ll do my usual Tom; start well,crash n burn my tranny’s and end up out the money but with a “respectable” position (in other words 15th with no money😂💪)

Looks ok after 1st of 64 games but 37 points can be swallowed up with a Spaniard/french/ block next 2 days :roll:

Luckily I have a French n Spanish block with golovin 🤗

not really 😫

😂😂, hopefully you can keep it up, the first part of the plan executed to near on perfection 🙌, I didn't expect the Saudis to be so bad although deep down inside me I did ( if that makes sense ), 2 Golovins over here so I'll take that, think it absolutely stinks that they've added the Russian defs so late on, I can't help but think they've tried to pull a fast one ( matey matey wink wink )....hope I'm wrong 🤦‍♂️🤷‍♂️

MADCHESTER UTD
Grumpy Old Man
Won TFE 18/19

Post by MADCHESTER UTD »

It’s shocking adding players just before big kick off. Though surely no one can put in golovin , akinfeev kuptov and that bloke who scored 2 after the games started and still get points 🤔🤷🏽‍♂️

Biddles32
Grumpy Old Man
FS Record: 2020/21 national finishing positions:

Sun dreamteam - 17th

SKy sports - 865th

TFF - 46th

Fanteam - 489th

Fanteam euros - TBC

Sun dream team euros - probable winner 😬

Post by Biddles32 »

MADCHESTER UTD wrote: 14 Jun 2018, 19:57
Got decent return from my 5 players players so far Nev but 37 points is zilch especially when I’ve got to dump them out (though might keep golovin now even though planned to dump). I need this Uruguay clean😬
Well done on the good start 👍🏻 Got some bottle putting that many Russian blocks in to start, and you should get at least one full block cleanie out of them options. If your successful with at least two you can go for that treble too :wink:

Zimmerman
FISO Jedi Knight

Post by Zimmerman »

Comical really, can only assume it’s a calculated effort to drive traffic.

On the one hand the masses will be unaware/care - so will it drive that much traffic? On the other, I dare say some of us (you) will be logging in to check everyday.

I’ve been planning my moves based on a it’s of players that’s two weeks old. I feel it meets my needs... then again, I probably won’t be troubling the leader board.

MADCHESTER UTD
Grumpy Old Man
Won TFE 18/19

Post by MADCHESTER UTD »

Biddles32 wrote: 14 Jun 2018, 20:18
MADCHESTER UTD wrote: 14 Jun 2018, 19:57
Well done on the good start 👍🏻 Got some bottle putting that many Russian blocks in to start, and you should get at least one full block cleanie out of them options. If your successful with at least two you can go for that treble too :wink:
Thanks Andrew👍 Got plans to go France, Germany, Brazil, Spain eventually but relying on Uruguay doing well 1st :? If they don’t then game over. Knew 40% of my teams would probably be fooked up if Russia conceded but worth the risk🤓

grizzler
FISOhead

Post by grizzler »

DAREEL wrote: 14 Jun 2018, 19:54 They an absolute farce. So the ones lucky enough not to be working and notice this get the Russia block advantage wow
You’re an amateur. The professionals on here will be taking dumps at 12pm and 3pm every day for the next few weeks. Time your dumps!

Maldini
Dumbledore

Post by Maldini »

Doesn’t matter what time you take a shit if they add the player after the games kicked off!

View Latest: 1 Day View Your posts

Return to “The Sun Dream Team FF Games”