To see less ads Register or Login ----- Daily Fantasy Sports games 18+

Multi-Teaming Cheating Scumbag

A Fantasy Football forum for news on fantasy football games run by the Premierleague (FPL).
Billy Bongo
FISO Knight

Re: Multi-Teaming Cheating Scumbag

Post by Billy Bongo »

The evil hackers who allow you catch a rise or fall in price will never be invited to the FPL christmas party, that much I'm sure of. My H2H team is indeed dull .

Sent from my SM-G965F using Tapatalk

Billy Bongo
FISO Knight

Post by Billy Bongo »

On another note, the filthy dirt ball hackers trying to cheat the pricing systen have struggled this year

Last edited by Billy Bongo on 27 Apr 2018, 14:28, edited 1 time in total.

Finisher1
Dumbledore

Post by Finisher1 »

Billy Bongo wrote: 27 Apr 2018, 14:28 On another note, the filthy soap hackers trying to cheat the pricing systen have struggled this year
If you know that, you must have been monitoring very closely the fruits they so generously provide to us?

Billy Bongo
FISO Knight

Post by Billy Bongo »

Oh yeah i use it all the time more the merrier i cheat like everyone else

Finisher1
Dumbledore

Post by Finisher1 »

Billy Bongo wrote: 27 Apr 2018, 14:37 Oh yeah i use it all the time more the merrier i cheat like everyone else
So you are the biggest scumbag here as you both hack and play multi-team. Price change trackers might not be invited to FPL Towers Christmas Party, but you won't even get a Christmas card from me!

Billy Bongo
FISO Knight

Post by Billy Bongo »

I dont play multi team, just the one, you've assumed i have.

However i do play as a h2h mainly but its the same team i use for rank and work cash league's. But the stragegies are so different i am considering a team for each next year, it makes sense and doesn't gain any advantage.

The dirty balls whonplay multi teams for rank should be hounded out of town i agree. And pricing cheats

Billy Bongo
FISO Knight

Post by Billy Bongo »

I'm gutted I'm off your Christmas card list. Thats upset me greatly.

RomynPG
Dumbledore
FS Record: FPL 134 overall 06/07 ... never close since

Post by RomynPG »

The hostility towards multi-teamers has an historic timeline.

In the beginning there was just the overall league and multi-teaming was purely about having more than one horse in the race - this was/is rightly frowned upon. There are games that allow multiple entries and those games are always(?) won by someone with more than one team - in those games you really have to multi-team to have a chance of winning. FPL is a single team game - like it or not.

I remember one instance of someone with dozens of identically named teams who would switch his best team into his leagues each week. It was noticed and all but his first team was deleted. That behaviour hopefully we can all agree was by a cheating scumbag.

When the Cup was introduced multi-teaming was further hated as you could get knocked out of the competition by a multi-teamer.

I'm with others when thinking about the H2H format - in that I hadn't seen that as a comp that needed an addition squad - it's a sidegame of sorts - but can see that maybe different tactics could be needed. But as it stands FPL do not offer that so it's up to the user to decide what to focus on with their single team - Overall League or H2H. I wouldn't go as far as to say these people are scumbags - but they are breaking the rules regardless of their intentions.

To today where groups are using FPLs platform to run their own games - weekly pick games. This is not what FPLs platform was designed for and those groups are breaking the rules to make it work the way they want it to. One of the consequences of these weekly pick games is that they invariably win the weekly prizes and while that may not seem important those prizes, however measly, are there for a reason.

If people want weekly games they should petition FPL to provide them - personally I think they would be quite popular.

As for trying to equate multi-teamer cheating to using forums, price change sites etc - what utter nonsense. If FPL didn't want the "market" data available on these sites they could just stop publicly publishing the data these sites are based on - it wouldn't be difficult.

Maldini
Dumbledore

Post by Maldini »

Billy Bongo wrote:I dont play multi team, just the one, you've assumed i have.

However i do play as a h2h mainly but its the same team i use for rank and work cash league's. But the stragegies are so different i am considering a team for each next year, it makes sense and doesn't gain any advantage.

The dirty balls whonplay multi teams for rank should be hounded out of town i agree. And pricing cheats

Unless all the other managers in each of those leagues do the same thing then of course it gives you an advantage.

Billy Bongo
FISO Knight

Post by Billy Bongo »

Thing is its impossible to police.

Wife son and husband 3 different emails, husband playing all teams one in a h2h the other his main rank team the other the works cash league.

Who cares really when FPL are happy to give prizes to a league with 600 people in it all playing for the weekly or monthly prizes.

Billy Bongo
FISO Knight

Post by Billy Bongo »

Maldini wrote:
Billy Bongo wrote:I dont play multi team, just the one, you've assumed i have.

Unless all the other managers in each of those leagues do the same thing then of course it gives you an advantage.
Lol, say that put loud and think it through..

Of course it doesn't , only one team is in each

Maldini
Dumbledore

Post by Maldini »

But you can manage each team differently. If they've only one team and have to hedge their bets across H2H and the main game?

It's not rocket science

Finisher1
Dumbledore

Post by Finisher1 »

RomynPG wrote: 27 Apr 2018, 14:48 As for trying to equate multi-teamer cheating to using forums, price change sites etc - what utter nonsense. If FPL didn't want the "market" data available on these sites they could just stop publicly publishing the data these sites are based on - it wouldn't be difficult.
+1

Maldini wrote: 27 Apr 2018, 14:58 But you can manage each team differently. If they've only one team and have to hedge their bets across H2H and the main game?

It's not rocket science
+1

Billy Bongo
FISO Knight

Post by Billy Bongo »

Lol, i can't work out why you dont get it, so can't explain it further sorry

Playing a h2h and picking a diff cap against your opponent has no correlation to another team in which your captain is chosen on overall ownership or any other factors you throw in. The two choices are totally separate and unrelated. Why you cant see that is a problem your end, its not rocket science.

RomynPG
Dumbledore

Post by RomynPG »

Billy Bongo wrote: 27 Apr 2018, 14:55 Thing is its impossible to police.
Well that's another issue entirely

Zimmerman
FISO Jedi Knight

Post by Zimmerman »

Billy Bongo wrote: 27 Apr 2018, 15:02 Lol, i can't work out why you dont get it, so can't explain it further sorry

Playing a h2h and picking a diff cap against your opponent has no correlation to another team in which your captain is chosen on overall ownership or any other factors you throw in. The two choices are totally separate and unrelated. Why you cant see that is a problem your end, its not rocket science.

I think his point is/was if your H2H League have a single team for all formats, then you have gained an unfair advantage on them.

Finisher1
Dumbledore

Post by Finisher1 »

Zimmerman wrote: 27 Apr 2018, 15:11
Billy Bongo wrote: 27 Apr 2018, 15:02 Lol, i can't work out why you dont get it, so can't explain it further sorry

I think his point is/was if your H2H League have a single team for all formats, then you have gained an unfair advantage on them.
It's quite obvious to be honest.

Billy Bongo
FISO Knight

Post by Billy Bongo »

Its not obvious unless you've played the game purely as a h2h, clearly some in here haven't and are thus ignorant of the tactics required and are not willing to take some time to think it through so I'll leave this thread sorry I've lost a Christmas card.

Maldini
Dumbledore

Post by Maldini »

So you'll be disclosing to all the other managers that you will be running a team purely for H2H alongside your main team?

Fair enough. Gives them the chance to do the same.

RomynPG
Dumbledore

Post by RomynPG »

Billy Bongo wrote: 27 Apr 2018, 15:30 Its not obvious unless you've played the game purely as a h2h, clearly some in here haven't and are thus ignorant of the tactics required and are not willing to take some time to think it through.
If you want to play your team purely as H2H, with different tactics, then that's entirely up to you.

However wouldn't this also mean by extension that you'd want a different team for each H2H league you're in as well - as your tactics are being defined by your opponent and your opponents will be different in each league.

Until FPL spins the H2H leagues out as a separate game of some sort then it is what it is.

eastcentral1
Dumbledore

Post by eastcentral1 »

Billy Bongo wrote: 27 Apr 2018, 13:47 Thw arguments will go round and round and round. As you well know FPL make every attempt to try and stay ahead of the pricing hackers, its like GCHQ keeping rhe Russians out.
Hackers? The price tracking websites use the info published by FPL to predict price changes. If FPL wanted to stop this so badly they would stop publishing the player delta information!

RomynPG
Dumbledore

Post by RomynPG »

eastcentral1 wrote: 27 Apr 2018, 15:48
Billy Bongo wrote: 27 Apr 2018, 13:47 Thw arguments will go round and round and round. As you well know FPL make every attempt to try and stay ahead of the pricing hackers, its like GCHQ keeping rhe Russians out.
Hackers? The price tracking websites use the info published by FPL to predict price changes. If FPL wanted to stop this so badly they would stop publishing the player delta information!

...and we really need a citation for "As you well know FPL make every attempt to try and stay ahead of the pricing hackers" .

FPL/ISM often tweak their code in the off-season to keep the price change mechanisms under control but I'd need some strong evidence that that has anything whatsoever to do with trying to out-fox price change sites - which would be simple.

DAREEL
Grumpy Old Man
FS Record: Winner of FISO McDonald's Euro 2016 official . league. FPL player since the game began. Successful cash mini league player that usually ends up in profit

Post by DAREEL »

jazzyb69 wrote: 23 Apr 2018, 14:17 I clicked on the team that's scored the most this week (107) and noticed this league he has set up where there are 584 (YES, 584!!!) teams that must all be the same person and they were all created in GW35 :-

https://fantasy.premierleague.com/a/lea ... 09/classic

I do hope they enjoy the following prizes :-

Copy of FIFA18
Nike Ordem V match ball
FPL rucksack
FPL mug

oh, and not forgetting that they'll probably scoop the 20 prizes for their teams finishing in the top 20 this week :-
20 FPL T-shirts
20 stress balls
20 pens
20 pads
20 key rings

LOL
Multiple teams in different cash leagues is cheating and the person doing it should be banned .

I'm not too bothered if they just do it for weekly score etc myself. So long as they don't effect me I don't care really. Any so called good player that has multiple teams is a bit of a scammer and I couldn't take them serious . They only cheating themselves really

But it's for FPL to sort their house out. A lot they need to look at ( mainly how the chips are played and the woeful baps system) and this is one of them but I'm not sure how. Maybe ban IP addresses or even charge to play the game ( I wouldn't mind this myself )

Billy Bongo
FISO Knight

Post by Billy Bongo »

Yes of course, entering multi teams to increase your chances is cheating

But one team for a cash league and another not entered in that cash league but entered purely for overall league is fine, they are separate teams.

There are several ways to play this game and each requires an independent team, its a simple concept

Mr Clarinet
Grumpy Old Man

Post by Mr Clarinet »

Billy Bongo wrote: 05 May 2018, 12:02 Yes of course, entering multi teams to increase your chances is cheating

But one team for a cash league and another not entered in that cash league but entered purely for overall league is fine, they are separate teams.

There are several ways to play this game and each requires an independent team, its a simple concept

As no doubt you already know, the FPL rules state:
Can I have more than one team?
In the interest of fair play each person may only enter one team. You may enter this team in multiple leagues and compete against different groups of friends.
So, despite the simplicity of your concept, it is unequivocally outwith the rules; within the rules there is no way that it "is fine" to have separate teams for separate leagues - to try to justify doing so is just personal exceptionalism. You may require an independent team to play the game in each of the several ways it can be played, but that is not what the rules allow. But you won't be detected, so you will get away with it. I guess that's just hard cheese on those competing against you in various mini-leagues and FISO side games and staying within the one-team rule.

Maybe there can be a sticky thread at the start of next season for the self-justified multi-teamers playing in FISO leagues and side-games to declare their status as multi-teamers, so everyone knows the score.

Billy Bongo
FISO Knight

Post by Billy Bongo »

No one has died. Its a free game to play against your mates, preach to someone who cares

Mr Clarinet
Grumpy Old Man

Post by Mr Clarinet »

Billy Bongo wrote: 05 May 2018, 12:56 No one has died. Its a free game to play against your mates, preach to someone who cares

Thanks, will do. It's just nice to know you don't care.

SirMattBugsby
Dumbledore
FS Record: TCed Kun for that Newcastle game. Nothing since..

Post by SirMattBugsby »

I'm with Mr C here.

This is the first season I've played regularly. Juggling choices to manage MLs, H2Hs and OR is difficult, but that's the challenge, right?

Doing it with multiple teams is the easy way out and I can't imagine how that can be fulfilling. Then again, I can't imagine managing multiple teams. One is more than enough for me

Sent from my Lenovo K33a42 using Tapatalk

Brightwater
Grumpy Old Man
Location: ***** BrightwaterVilla.co.uk ***** lakeside at Lake Berkley Orlando /parkrunning
FS Record: 21 cash league wins. CYKI 08/09 4th, 09/10 8th. 12/13 Sky 56th, FPL FISO X League winner. 2014 UFPL Beta 7th.

Post by Brightwater »

Brightwater wrote: 27 Apr 2018, 14:15
Brightwater wrote: 25 Apr 2018, 11:15 Sent to FPL towers -

Subject
Cheats winning weekly prizes
http://www.planetfootball.com/in-depth/ ... y/#new_tab

Please advise what action you have taken to block cheats from winning prizes. In the case highlighted above, an Egyptian in GW35.

Please do not reply with ineffective platitudes. If you have not yet taken any action, or if the person reading this is not empowered to act, please pass to an empowered manager and advise me when and what you have done.

Thank you
FPL response -
We appreciate you taking the time to get in touch, as we value feedback from our players.

It's important that anyone can register and play FPL at any point during the season as people can be introduced to the game at varying stages of the season.

It's only fair that all managers in the game have the same access and opportunity to the prizes on offer.

We have however passed on your feedback and it will be discussed in relation to next season's prizes.

Regards,
Fantasy Premier League Support

My follow up -
This is exactly the response I expected from you, which is why I said -

"Please do not reply with ineffective platitudes. If you have not yet taken any action, or if the person reading this is not empowered to act, please pass to an empowered manager"

You have been presented with a clear example of apparent cheating in GW35, but apparently you have ignored your game rules and given the weekly prize to a cheat. Not good enough - please try again.

Thank you
No response received to my follow up. I asked Planet Football what response they got...it was the same as mine, word for word. :(

"We'd like to do a follow-up article of some sort so keep your eyes peeled".

Zimmerman
FISO Jedi Knight

Post by Zimmerman »

It’s hard to believe they don’t engage you when you are so cordial with your queries 😂

View Latest: 1 Day View Your posts

Return to “Fantasy PremierLeague.com (FPL)”